Where/What were you doing when you heard Michael passed+how will you remember him?

Billyjeanplxiv

Proud Member
Where/What were you doing when you heard Michael passed+how will you remember him?

I was at home. I bought two videogames that day, i saw a news article that Michael was sent to the Hospital. I didnt bother clicking it for whatever reasom, mainly becuase i wanted to play my games. So my dad was trying to set them up, and my mom was in the shower. She then peaked her head around the hallway and said "Billy turn on the TV, Michael Jackson died of a heart attack"
......I was like...i dont believe you. To bad it was true :(

I will remember Michael by posting on this fourm, and listening and supporting him/his music FOR ALL TIME

It was early morning here, and I was getting ready to go to work. I still remember it like yesterday. I was in the kitchen filling my dog's water bowl, when I heard it on the radio :(

I was at home, evening in Ireland, and I saw it on the computer and run to switch on the news. Didn't comprehend it really at first, it felt unreal. I will simply listen to him all day and I will try to do something special, something good, help someone? Just something to give back to him in terms of love.

I was at home...it was about 10pm and I started getting a few text messages through. My phone was on charge. Went over to my phone as I figured it must be something important and yeah...spent the next few hours on MJJC and skipping through the news channels until the last one had confirmed it was true. We lost him. Worst night of my life.

I will remember him always by trying to live life with the passion and good intentions he had and expressed. On the actual anniversary I'll be in London with the beautiful people I know because of him. He touched my heart like no other, and I miss him every day. Heartbroken. :cry:

I either had just got out of bed or out of the shower when my stepdad rang from his work to say he heard mj died. My mum had answerd the phone and said "yeh right as if" then suddenly her voice sounded serious when she told me to put the tv on. I did and thats when i saw the news and literally fell on my knees onto the ground with shock and went straight on mjjc to see if it was for real.

At home, being in a positive mood. After I'd watched "NEXT" on MTV (it was close to midnight here), I went to my room and read a very important prayer I'd read for 3 weeks nightly (it was a wonder-making one, anyway), then opened my PC and logged on to MJJC, to learn that my world ended that night.

I was doing my revision for my final exam and listening to the radio. The radio played Michael's song one by one and I thought there was something special for the day. Then the DJ said that...

It happend at night time here,so I was asleep.I found out early the next morning. It was actually my second day of vacation. I opened the TV and saw the news. Didn't really think it was true, until I opend the computer and came here... Ironically, I've just bought the "Goone to soon" single the day before.

Had just welcomed my best MJ friends here on a visit to Turkey (hubby and I retired here to a tourist region). We were just about to go to bed when we heard the news on the TV that Michael was in an ambulance and on his way to hospital. Being long time fans we were not too worried as we just assumed maybe dehydration or exhaustion was the problem. When the news of his passing was announced we were too shocked for words. I just remember us all huddling together in a group hug as the tears flowed. I am just so grateful that there were like minded people around me. One of the worst days of my life.

I happened to be on the computer and went onto MJJC while I was waiting for an important e-mail to come in. I saw the thread about the ambulance at the house and it all snowballed from there. Like soulmum said, I figured that it was just exhaustion or dehydration (1995 came into my head at the time). But it quickly became clear that it was much more serious, and time from that point on was a blur to me.

This year I will be gathering with fans in New York City for a quiet dinner and remembrance.

Oh, I was on the couch with my dad watching TV. Around 5:30, a headline popped up at the bottom of the screen announcing that Michael Jackson had been rushed to the hospital, suffered a heart attack and was in a coma. I rushed to the computer and it was running visibly slow. I got on twitter and everybody was saying, "RIP MJ" and my heart dropped. I turned on CNN and they hadn't confirmed the death yet. About an hour or so later they did. The whole time I kept trying to convince myself he was only in a coma with my brother in my ear saying, "He's dead. He's dead."

I wasn't a fan like I am now, but the news really hit me hard and my heart, no lie, skipped a beat. I felt really sad and like apart of me shut down. Which is weird considering I always liked his music, but wasn't a huge fan like now and I didn't even know him. Yet I felt this sadness and couldn't sleep at a reasonable time for the rest of the summer. I thought about him all the time. That's how I knew Michael was special and that he was special to me. His impact is just incredible.

I was in bed when it happened and found out the next morning when I went downstairs and my mother told me.

I'll remember MJ by listening to his music and always supporting his messages of peace and to heal the world.

This thread is really heartbreaking to read. But it's also compelling. And comforting in a way to see that so many people, so many different timezones and different experiences are feeling just as heartbroken as me over this. We are not alone.

Michael was one special guy.

It was about 10:30pm. I was sitting in the living room watching Big Brother. All of a sudden there was a someone knocking repeatedly on the front door. My mum answered and I heard my brother shouting, "MICHAEL JACKSON'S DEAD" MICHAEL JACKSON'S DEAD!" He came in and I turned on Sky News to see "TMZ.com reports: Michael Jackson has died."

It felt like my world had just ended. It's hard to describe the feeling. I didn't burst into tears, I stood there in shock staring at the TV screen. Sky News were reporting that Michael was in a coma so I was still hopeful. While this was going on I logged onto my YouTube account, expecting to see videos from my MJ fan friends saying it is just a rumour. What I saw was a list of videos. "RIP Michael", "I'll Never Forget You Michael", "Rest In Peace, I Love You :'(". Then I knew it was true. A gossip site can report it, a news channel can report it. But when the die hard fans report it, it's true.

Does anyone ever love the first few seconds when you wake up in the morning until you remember the stress and things going on in your life? The biggest "morning let down" as I call it was June 26th 2009. I wake up and for a few seconds I lie there until my brain starts working again and I remember, "Michael's dead".

I was about to go on a holiday the next day and was actually removing Michael's songs from my mp3 player: my friend and I had agreed to a temporary MJ 'boycott' so that the This Is It concerts that we were about to go in July would be even more magical. I was about to go to bed (wanted to go in for an early night because of the holiday) but decided to check the KOP board first. While I was reading it, someone posted a news report stating that an ambulance had just left Michael's compound. By that time it was not clear that it was him. Obviously I felt a bit worried so I decided not to go to bed yet and follow the news. I do not remember exactly how long it took, but I think pretty soon after we heard that it was Michael. Cardiac arrest was mentioned. Then I remember that for a long time there were still rumours circulating that he was in a coma. I kept hoping, but slowly but surely started to realize that he had really passed away (though I was unable to really grasp it that evening).

I remember just following the news and talking to MJ friends for the entire night/early morning. It was a horrible, horrible evening.

This thread is really heartbreaking to read. But it's also compelling. And comforting in a way to see that so many people, so many different timezones and different experiences are feeling just as heartbroken as me over this. We are not alone.

Michael was one special guy.

I agree with completely, they are heartbreaking to read, and Michael is a special guy. :)

^Even more heartbreaking that these stories, go to the archives and look at reactions to the news on June 25th 09. :(

ah :boohoo: I know its hearbreaking but its also soothing to tell your story even after 2 years... What hurts me even more is that you have to be quiet about Michael... LOVE doesn't end when someone goes home... L.O.V.E lives forever :heart:

Since we live here with a timezone difference... I only learnt the BAD news the next day... Though June 25 was a 'hell' day for me... I was scared, nervous, nothing worked the way I wanted it... My excell program flipped and crashed... I couldn't write :( and when I head to bed at 10PM... I was so scared like tomoz would be 'judgement day'... The end of my life... I had nightmares for several months... horrible ones of Michael being murdered, I'm on his funeral and stuff like that :(

Then my friend woke me up calling me at 6:15 AM... She was in hysterical... :tease:
You know what I said: "Now do you believe me when I said Michael wouldn't make it in July? " She thought it were just silly nightmares... Still I have this quilt... I should have booked a flight to the US and SAVED him... I was working and my contract ended on June 22 :(
I popped on the TV and there I saw it revealing it before me... It took me ages before I could watch the news again without being scared about the fact that's he's gone :boohoo:
My mum called me at around 8ish... I live on my own ;) She didn't say 'good morning'... "Have you heard the news? I didn't dare to call..."
I told her my friend called me and I was watching the news...
I had to go into town for grocery shopping but the visit to town was cut short... I felt so drowsy like I was 'drugged' or something and I don't even remember how I got home with only one bottle of Evian like I could live on that...

I remember Michael in being here as a LOYAL fan and being the MJJC Resident Writer here... Proudly, telling peeps how proud I am of Michael and how he 'raised' me to be who I am today... "A strong and creative woman" as one fan said on here ;)

Michael, you're ONE of a kind, I'll tell you that ;)

I was at the studio with my friend and we had just sampled the original '' PYT '' for a song that was suppose to be called '' We Can Change The World ''
When i finally got home that evening my brother called my me and said look at the news, and i saw the news. I refused to believe it but eventully it became reality.
It was a sad horrible day, indeed.

I just couldent/cant get myself to finish the song now.

I had just gotten off work and I drove to the public library to do some research. I am a Chicago Cubs baseball fan so I was listening to some guys on sports radio when they stopped talking about baseball and said TMZ is reporting Michael Jackson has died.

I sent a text to my best friend and she said he wasn't dead but in a coma. I start to breath again.

I switch to news radio and they confirm that Michael is dead. I swear you could have kicked me in the face at that moment and I wouldn't have felt it. I have loved him since I was a child.
I am sitting alone in my car crying like a baby. I can't even put into words how I felt. I will never be the same. This poor planet just isn't the same without Michael and I think she knows it

Several minutes later my parents called to see if I am ok. They knew I would be grief stricken. They tell me to come home. I am a grown woman but on the night of June 25 2009 I slept with my parents. I was so scared to be alone.

I miss him more every day...

How will I remember him? By trying to live my life the way he did. Like he said in TII by giving love to the world because only love is important.

It is such an honour to love you. Thank you for being the man you were. I know that beautiful angels were holding you and showed you the way home.

Last edited:
Daryll748, your message broke my heart! You and others feel and felt the same feelings and had some similar experiences on and around that day. Know you are not alone here or anywhere!

To look back now is a hard thing. However, I also feel I haven't truly picked up and moved on with my life quite yet. Getting there though.

I remember coming back home after seeing a matinee showing of Transformers 2 and being totally ecstatic from the movie. I was also on summer break between starting my senior year at my university. I turn on the tv and everything changed in an instant. I was in shock and disbelief for 24 straight hours. I cried only a little at first, but then a few days later it came in tidal waves, hitting me one after the next. I clung to this site for awhile, and then realized I needed to breathe and figure out some hard truths for the future. How I was going to live, cope and adjust now. Thinking of Michael every step of the way, every hour, minute, second was dedicated to him in my mind. It hurt constantly. Physical hurt in my chest and stomach.

As for what I am doing this date this year? Well....I have a morning job I must attend to first, however the second I wake up, I will firstly think of Michael. The afternoon I will take and reflect on him and remember that day for what it was and try my hardest to not let any of those more haunting feelings to return to my memory. I'm already giving it too much leeway now as i'm writing this! My evening plans are to go out with my best friend to a local summer festival, have a few beers under the beer tent and listen to a cheesy local cover band!

I will remember June 25th in my own way. Through memories and reflection. Knowing that he as moved on. Thus, so must I.

I was spending the day in my MJ room on my computer playing my Sims 3 game. And I was watching some of my taped shows. I had the whole house to myself that day. So I was just being totally oblivious to to what was going in the world. The only news story I remember hearing about that day was about Farrah Fawcett. And that was really the only sad news story I had wanted to hear that day. Because of the fact that I was just being really happy and excited for Michael's upcoming concert. Even though I couldn't go to them I had my MJ sites to go to and read what the other fans that were going had to say about them. So at 6:30 that night I decided to put I think ABC news on so I can hear what they had to say about Farrah. But instead of seeing Farrah I saw Michael's Jam performance from the Bucharest Dangerous Concert. And those 2 years on my tv screen. I did let out a scream of no it can't be or something like that. At first I was in total shock and thinking this has to be some kind of a sick cruel joke. Then I came on to this site thinking that no MJ fan would ever say this. And it turn out it really was true. OMG did I spent that night just really crying I just cry myself to sleep that night. And thinking that this whole horrific nightmare will be over and Michael will be just fine. I could not have been more wrong though.:sad: :boohoo: For that first month or so without him I had lost over 40 pounds. Because eating was the very last thing in the world I had wanted to do. I spent most of that horrible summer in bed sleeping and just trying to forget what happen. I even had my laptop in bed with me so I can still be in my MJ sites. And it is strange those first few months or so with out him I had totally lost my apetite for chicken. I guess it is because Michael used to love to eat chicken and that was probably why I lost my apetite for it.

I had spent nearly 30 years of my life as a Michael Jackson fan. And I L.O.V.E. him more now than I ever did before. He is one of my 3 major passions. Bollywood and Astronomy are my other 2 major passions. I had turn my entire bedroom in to practically a shrine to him. And that is never going to change. And I have 3 MJ necklaces that I wear constantly now. I never take them off unless they need to be clean. Because 2 of my chains and my one MJ pendant is real sterling silver. And my MJ t-shirts is all that I ever wear anymore. I very rarely would wear a non MJ related t-shirt. Michael is always on my mind constantly. But I just so badly wish I could go back to watching and listening to him again. But because of my depression that I am still in over him that is totally out of the question for me. And it just really hurts seeing all of my MJ related videos and audios stuff that I have either download, taped, or bought over the years. And that I can't handle watching and listen to him like I used to. I have 2 little nephews that I want to try and turn them in to MJ fans. But I can't because of the fact that I can't handle watching and listening to him anymore.:sad: :boohoo:

Was at home in VA. was supposed to go to school but I had a weird feeling about the day so I stayed. I was reading a book when my mom called me over (She was watching CNN) and told me that they're saying Michael has been rushed to the hospital. I run back to my room and tried to log on to here(MJJC) but the server was out. So I went back to CNN and Wolf Blitzer said "We now can confirm Michael Jackson is DE*D*... I still cant listen to his voice without remembering that day...

I came back to MJJC and I looked at the posts and it was shock and disbelief... Then came the year of mourning... and still am...

Michael, I Love you and Miss you very much. I will never forget you until the day i Die and on...

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Last edited:
Was at home in VA. was supposed to go to school but I had a weird feeling about the day so I stayed. I was reading a book when my mom called me over (She was watching CNN) and told me that they're saying Michael has been rushed to the hospital. I run back to my room and tried to log on to here(MJJC) but the server was out. So I went back to CNN and Wolf Blitzer said "We now can confirm Michael Jackson is DE*D*... I still cant listen to his voice without remembering that day...

I came back to MJJC and I looked at the posts and it was shock and disbelief... Then came the year of mourning... and still am...

Michael, I Love you and Miss you very much. I will never forget you until the day i Die and on...

L.o.v.e.
Romi

That is the quote that haunts me too. When he said and we can now confirm that... That is the exact voice I hear and it crumbles me. I can't believe you said that as it completely...ugh.. I have blocked that out lets just say.

I was sleeping when my sister came into my room and screamed that Michael was dead. I turned on the tv and did nothing but watch the news for a few hours. It's something that I remember clearly to this day and will probably remember clearly for the rest of my life.

I was waiting for the bus to go home after a doctor's appointment. I was already feeling sad from learning about Farrah Fawcett's passing a little earlier. Then suddenly I received a breaking news text message from CNN that Michael Jackson was hospitalized for cardiac arrest. I think I got 2 breaking news texts from CNN. But I thought he would pull through. It really didn't cross my mind that he would die. Then minutes later my sister texted me with the message "Michael Jackson died"! Then a little later the final text from CNN came confirming. I just couldn't believe it. For a week or so I was pretty numb about it but little by little it started to hit me really hard just how enormous this loss was. I went into such a deep depression. Up until that time I had never known life without Michael Jackson. His life flashed before my eyes, remembering him as a kid with his brothers all the way to staring at a photo of him in a magazine with his older son just a month prior. Some days I still cannot believe he's no longer with us.

Does anyone ever love the first few seconds when you wake up in the morning until you remember the stress and things going on in your life? The biggest "morning let down" as I call it was June 26th 2009. I wake up and for a few seconds I lie there until my brain starts working again and I remember, "Michael's dead".

Yes. I experienced this very thing. I woke up on the 26th, feeling fine, then it slammed into me like a ton of bricks. Then I felt worse than I ever had before.

I was at home having a happy day. I had just found out I was pregnant. I was watching Lmn. I knew nothing about
what was happening. then I got texts that michael had died. I didn't
believe it. I said yea right but then turned on cnn and it was true. I dropped to my knees. I'll never forget that day.
I named my baby michael

Oh, man... it was a terrible day. I remember it exactly. I just got back from McDonald's, I was at my dad's work, I went on to CNN and I saw a picture of Mike. I wondered why he was there, and then I scrolled down, and it said

"Michael Jackson Suffers Cardiac Arrest"

I was in shock. I couldn't believe it. I kept hoping for him to get better, and then the news came in.

Michael died.
I will always remember June 25th as the day we lost a pop icon. The greatest. Miss you, Mike.

It was early in the morning here (26th)we where watching the morning show....
They said that he was brought to the Hospital and was in a coma my heart sunk...
I was thinking the whole morning o' no... i hope he makes it when i was at work!
My son MSG me..at 10 o'clock.. do you know that Michael Jackson died??
That is when it hit me :( and i cannot believe what happened the last 2 years?
Found out so much more about him and was really sad for 2 years i still am....
I was never a person to go on Fan clubs but i have no regrets it has helped me and
it is a world of information and a world full of love...it has changed my life i can say!
I am on two off them....and made friends for life...
I look at all the video clips from Michael specially the ones made by Fans i love them.
I think that the Fans love and care for him very much and that will never change....
It will never change for me still play his music almost everyday and i feel sad about how
the world treated him....you can hear it in his songs...i have so much respect for Michael,
that he still loved the world and kept going..after what happened to him.
I just keep loving him for what he stood for and his music till the end...
Thank you Michael for all that you have done
R.I.P.
angel-michael-jackson-8992319-227-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back