Where/What were you doing when you heard Michael passed+how will you remember him?

My mom broke the news to me. She told did u know what happened ? , I went what ? . Mj just died . I remember feeling sad. But that was about it. Then 2 days later , I went on yt to watch mj vids and interviews. I just remember watching for hours and hours , literally non stop. It was after watching him talk and how lovely he was, that I really became very sad. It was really weird, I was never a fan of him. But I felt so bad, and cried. I also remember watching the memorial with my tissues besides me, cuz I just could stop crying. I wouldn't eat, and cry. And when I watched et for updates I remember crying. It was just so crazy to me. I was not a fan of anything. I didnt even like english music....
But MICHAEL JACKSON was something I have never seem in my life, it wasn't only his music and dance (which I love), but what what made me a fan of him, was the person Michael Jackson. This gentle , shy, lovely , funny out of this world person, that was so misunderstood... I don't have good memory. All I remember was crying non stop whenever something mj related popped on the news, I litterally didn't eat for 2 weeks. I think I was literally depressed. Then I moved on, I spent my whole summer obsessed with finding all mj videos I could find on yt, learning about his life and what really happened to him,crying whenever I've hear childhood, I was litelrally glue to him for the whole summer. My mom got worry, cuz everytime I'd find something intersting about mj. I would tell her. At first she would listen, but then she would tell I'm obsessed and I need to stop, so I had to stop that. I'm sure long time fans had it worst. All I know that I'll be carrying his legacy, by brainwa... I mean ... Showing specially my little cousins mj vids and songs. And I would just carry his message of love and take care of the plAnet.

It was morning and I was getting ready to go to work. Before that, as usual, I was looking at some websites to see the news. It was on a German website where I saw the big headline: "Michael Jackson ist tot!" (Michael Jackson is dead!). I didn't really believe it in the first moments. I thought maybe it's a tabloid lie or some PR stunt or something. Then I turned on the TV and they played "Black or White" on this morning news show which usually deals with politics, economics etc. Then I knew it's true. It took me a couple of days though until it really sank in and I could cry. Until then, I guess, I was in a state of disbelief.

Actually, it was my off day from work but I had just stopped by work to run an errand. I came home. My mindset was "This Is It" and London. I was spending pretty much all of my time planning the London trip. I had already bought 4 tickets for me and my friends to go to the August 1st show. At that time, hotel and flights were already booked. I was talking to another MJ fan, also my best friend, on MSN Messenger trying to decide on some activities we could do in London as we were planning to spend a week there. I was trying to get on MJJC and the KOP board to get some more London info but I kept getting the server was down or wouldn't load at all. Usually when that happens, something major has gone on but I wasn't thinking anything too negative. I figured I would come back to MJJC later when things calmed down.

Out of the blue, my friend asks me out of the blue via MSN Messenger, "did Michael have a heart attack?" I literally laughed to myself and brushed it off. I told her no I hadn't but then I checked Yahoo's OMG page because people make up all kinds of stuff and sure enough they had an article on there saying Michael was hospitalized with chest pains or something to that effect. I was shocked, but the way the article read, it seemed like the situation was under control. Before I knew it, it was on every news channel, every website. It was snowballing into Michael had chest pains > Michael had a heart attack > Michael went into cardiac arrest > Michael was in coma > then TMZ and E! News reported that Michael had died. I felt like I was gonna faint and be sick to my stomach at the same time. I kept thinking that we were being punked, some sick joke. It seemed so random to me. I couldn't wrap my head around it.

I spent hours talking 3 way on the phone with two other fans and on MSN messenger. I was in denial the rest of the day. It didn't hit me until the next morning when I turned on VH1. They had a MJ marathon and the "Will You Be There" video was on and I lost it crying like I never had before.

:no::cry:

I was on the computer chatting to another mjfan/friend. Have to explain that when the tii tickets first went onsale we all worked together,that morning we had booked 3 nights together, before june we'd increased that to 5 nights seeing Michael. Every conversation we had was omg we are going to be 19 rows away from him!! So the evening of the 25th we were chatting on MSN and ordering customized t-shirts with our chosen image of Michael on the front and a message and the dates we were going to see him on the back, so together we had designed it and then ordered it. I had a call from my parents from the living room saying something was going on and that they are reporting that Michael is in an ambulance to hospital. Immediately I was worried and then kept thinking no its dehydration, then went back to my pc and my friend heard the same..our other friend was at Wimbledon so we decided we wouldn't panic her then they started reporting he was in a coma and ofcourse we were like no he's in a coma,just in a coma he can wake up from a coma, but then as we watched the news it started dawning on us what was happening. We were both in shock then came the time when we HAD to tell our third friend which was horrible I couldn't even get it out my mouth.

I can't go back to the memories of that day. It's way too painful.
How I've come that far since then, I don't know.
This feeling of loss, of an entire life gone down the drain will never go away.
He meant the world to me.
And he always will.

i will never forgot that day. i was home in my room fliiping through channels when i came across Wolf Blizter with the headline "Michael Jackson rushed to hospital". it was around 5 maybe 6 pm and i was so scared. i kept thinking he's going to be ok. he's hurt or sick or something and will be fine in a few hours or days. then they confirmed my worst fear and said that the LA times reported that Michael had died. i remmeber seeing fans just crowed UCLA Hospital in shock and tears. i bursted into tears and just yelled out "NO!NO!NO!" i couldnt breath or stop crying. i cried so hard i gave myself a headace and cried myself to sleep that night. the next day was worse and every day after that was just as bad. i didnt have a single person to confide in. all my friends just gave me the cold shoulder and didnt give a care about me or michael. that hurt like hell.

on june 25th this year i dont know what i will be doing expect crying and maybe watching some mj tributes on tv. we'll see. but i do know that i will ALWAYS love Michael and NEVER forget him. i miss him dearly. :'(

I'll try (apologize for my English in advance). It was pretty normal day, I just came home from work around 6:30 p.m. I don't watch TV much, but I still have this habit to watch news for 10-15 minutes on 24 hours Canadian news channel, just to catch up with the world. So here I am, coming home, changing my clothes, pouring myself cap of coffee and looking for the remote. And here is my 20 years old daughter, who is also Michael's fan but not as much as I am, running out of her room and telling me to sit down first. Next several hours, we both were glued to the TV and to the Internet. And then it sunk in.
On a side note, I actually really thankful to my daughter. She always knew what a big fan I was. She was my shoulder that day and next several months.

Me and some friends were at a friends house watching a movie. So after the movie I decided to check MJJC to see if there were any updates about the tickets to his shows since we were 3 weeks to the opening night and still no information abt the tix.

I see the thread about the ambulance and starts to read and read.. at that time it was perhaps only a few pages and ppl were trying to calm each other and saying stuff like 'we dont know if is Michael or someone else in the house, we dont know why the ambulance is there.. stay calm'.. but something tells me its him... my friends sees that Im kinda disturbed about whats going on and I start to cry a bit.. remember at this time we dont know a thing, just the thought of something maybe has happened made me cry...

As im still in the thread about the ambulance I decide to go to TMZ and I see their post about MJ has suffered a cardiac arrest and I have no clue what that means so I google it to get a translation for my language and im just shocked and I ask my friends, still in denial, that a site is reporting he had a cardiac arrest but he will be fine right? One friend looks at me saying "honey, if something happened to the heart its not good".. Of course Im aware of this but I needed someone to tell me he will be fine!

My friend had to go up very early the next day so I had to go home. Im in my car when my friend calls me, I can just hear on her voice that something has happened.. she asks me where I am and my response to her is simpy "Is he dead?!!".. she goes "yeah, it says so (on a local newspaper-site)".. I dont know why but I ask her to go on TMZ and she then tells me (while im friggin driving my car on the freeway and listening to Dirty Diana) that TMZ is reporting he has died.. I tell her i need to hung up and omg I just started to bawl... and then I recieved a text from a friend working in the Middle East and he informs me as well and Im in just in a shock (i remember thinking that if my friend over there at 5am tells me then it must be true.. random thought). After perhaps 20 minutes in the car crying and driving like a maniac I reach my parents house and runs inside and my dad sees im crying like a baby and he is like "what has happened" and I tell him Michael is dead.. he is in shock too and turns on the TV and sees the news..

then i locked myself into my room and went on MJJC and several other sites, watched the press-conference and condolences on twitter.. it was so surreal.. At one time it just became too much so had to lay down on my bed for like 20 minutes cuz I felt physical hurt in my chest.. like I had a panic attack, i couldnt breath... i turned off my phone, listened to "you are not alone" on repeat in my bed, slept for like 2 hours and then up again to go on the sites and read more.. I remember waking up thinking "I hope this was just a bad dream".... sigh

I was sitting in the living room on my wife's laptop computer. I got a text message from her telling me to turn the TV to a news channel. I did and they showed MJ being rushed to the hospital. While all that was going on, I was scrambling online to get the latest. TMZ started reported he had died. I took it with a grain of salt. Then all the major news outlets picked up on it, and pretty soon it was confirmed he did indeed had passed away.

I just sat there in the living room in complete shock. I broke down and out loud just said "why? why MJ? Please God no! Not him...This can't be happening.....not now!"

My daughter who had turned 2 in March, cuddled with me to help me feel better. My mom called me and checked in on me too. 1 of the saddest days I've ever had. I've seen alot of my childhood idols pass away and I've been sadden for them....but MJ was the hardest. I knew eventually he was going to pass away from this life time...but not at 50 years old. He was too damn young. He still had it, as proven in the This Is It movie. He had plenty left in the tank to entertain us, and he was taken away from us!

Still feels like it just happened! :(

Last edited:
I was at home having a happy day. I had just found out I was pregnant. I was watching Lmn. I knew nothing about
what was happening. then I got texts that michael had died. I didn't
believe it. I said yea right but then turned on cnn and it was true. I dropped to my knees. I'll never forget that day.
I named my baby michael

Aaahhh... That's soooo sweet of you... How's Michael?

Indeed KingMikeJ... Morning's are still 'tough' for me :boohoo: Another day in this boring and dull place called "earth" and thats why the first thing I do is pop on MJ music :heart:

I was actually on the way to a summer swim competition, and I heard the news in the car. I refused to swim that day: simply couldn't. Gosh, what a terrible day that was.

I was sat on the sofa with my husband at about 10pm UK time...I'd decided to be good and get to bed early for a change, but before going, I flicked onto BBC News 24 to catch the news and about 30 seconds later the breaking news appeared that Michael was in UCLA suffering from a cardiac arrest. I didn't know how severe that was, assuming it was another term for a heart attack.

From that moment on, I stayed on News 24, and sent my husband to bed. My world just fell from under me as the hours went on. At about midnight, I went onto my PC and on here to see if the facts were true. The net was so slow as everyone else was no doubt doing the same as me. I was in tears, and just numb, but had to find out as much as I could. I saw Jermaine's annoucement on streaming news on the BBC website and that just killed me.

I had to go to work the following morning after no sleep....and it was splashed all over the plasmas in my office. I work for O2 (the mobile phone company the O2 arena's sponsored by) and it was wierd going into the office as it was as if we'd all had a relative die. So subdued....

A colleague of mine had been joking that he thought Michael wouldn't do one show, but even he came up to me and said he didn't ever think it would be because he'd died. I don't know how I got through work that day...it was just a blur. Some staff had dug out their MJ t-shirts and wore them....we just nodded to each other with a quiet respect.

After work I went to visit my parents, and as soon as I walked through the door, my Mum asked if I was OK, and I just broke down like I was a little child crying....my heart broke.

How will I remember June 25th this year...I'll be on the net with all of my friends....also watching news footage of that day...I feel compelled to.....

Aaahhh... That's soooo sweet of you... How's Michael?

Indeed KingMikeJ... Morning's are still 'tough' for me :boohoo: Another day in this boring and dull place called "earth" and thats why the first thing I do is pop on MJ music :heart:
michael is the sweetest little boy. he will be 16 months old this month and is such a big michael fan:yes:

I was surfing the net and saw it on TMZ. They pretty much called his death before it was official. I was in total shock and sad that this man went through so much hell and then died. I started watching the news on TV about it almost nonstop for many days. I couldn't stop talking about it with anybody I could.

I was home, in my bed... Mom woke me up with "Today's entertainment - well, it's not really entertainment, but anyway - news; Michael Jackson is dead!"
My brain didn't register it at that moment, and I'm quite ashamed to tell you that my reply was "...five more minutes...", but ater I woke up I went to our living room where my mother had turned on the TV and the news were all over it. My mind was just blank... It took me six months to realize that Michael was actually gone, never coming back...

Iwas at home...sleeping in my bed...and I recieved an sms....I didn't want to open it because I had a terrible feeling... and I was right...it was a friend of mine (she is also a fan)
she wrote it and I'll never forget how I felt at that moment I read it

Michael was UNIQUE and being his fan when he was alive was so special!
he has always a place in my heart
I'll never forget him ...
we need to do anything to pass on his legacy
next genarations should know who Michael Jackson was
and how g r e a t he was

I was at home, online. Regular Facebooking and stuff for late evening time, and then TMZ broke the story that Michael had been rushed to hospital. I followed the story as others began sourcing TMZ for Michael having been brought to Cedars Medical Centre, and then TMZ posted the most horrific web story I've ever witnessed. For anyone who didn't follow from the announcement of Michael being brought to hospital, this was the first time Michael's death was posted by a media outlet:

I don't have any religion and I struggle with a belief in God or an afterlife, but I've never in my life prayed so hard for something to not be true. It took over 45 minutes before another media outlet confirmed the story beyond speculation as well. And finally, an announcement was made. Then the media insanity that we hadn't seen since 2005 started all over, only a thousand times worse. If nothing else, Michael's death prompted me to finally join MJJC to help me through his passing with people in the same boat. And for that I'll always remain loyal to MJJC, even if I don't post nearly as often as I used to.

I was at work, but didn't know anything until I got home at night. I couldn't believe. I thought it was a joke. I turned the computer on and opened the cnn website and put the live stream on. There were news about him being dead, then news about him being in a coma. About 30 minutes later, Jermaine talked to the press and confirmed Michael had died.

I know exactly where I was, but I don't like to talk about it.
I still have all the text messages of that day saved on my old cellphone including the first one from my mother who texted me the news.

I was in my friend's car early at the morning. The radio was airing earth's song at that time. We were on the way to school. As one of my friend joined in, he broke the news. Upon hearing that news I knew life wouldnt be that same for me again.

I was visiting my parents and I spent most of the afternoon outside in the garden - no tv , no cell phone , no radio. so I didn't hear anything. When we came inside the house I checked my email and saw several emails from friends about Michael. I asked my dad to turn the TV to CNN. It said family was to make a statement soon. I sat down and waited motionless / emotionless. Then Jermaine came on TV and said ....

I remember I was up late anyway, I was on MJJC and I saw the thread that was discussing a sighting of an ambulance entering and leaving Michael's home - we all thought it was one of his staff.

Then my sister (who was taking me and a friend to the 22nd July O2 show) sent me a message telling me to check the news. I switched on BBC and it was one of those "we're receiving reports" type things, it just said that Michael had been taken to hospital, nothing serious. I remember thinking that he'd probably fallen or something during rehearsals.

I actually turned off the telly and was ready to get to bed when the friend I was going to the concert with, called me and told me to turn on the news. There it was, on BBC, the aerial shots of UCLA are the most vivid image I have of that night. I watched all night. I turned cold when they reported that TMZ were saying he'd died, and then when confirmation came...

My mum had been watching with me, she just gave me a hug and I cried a little.

I was at sixth form (college) the next day. All my friends rushed over to me as soon as they saw me to comfort me. I couldn't listen to his music for a couple of days. I bought and still have a copy of The Times newspaper from Friday 26th, the headline is "The King of Pop, Michael Jackson Dies at 50" - I thought that was the nicest headline I'd seen.

I'll remember Michael as the man who brought music and dance into my life, the man who helped me through some of my darkest moments and who contributed to some of my brightest. He inspires me to be the best in my field and to help others where possible.

His music is eternal, and where his body is no longer with us, I believe his soul will live on through the legacy he has left us all. I'm not religious, so I don't believe he's in heaven or anything...but there's something in his music that keeps me thinking he's still with us in soul. I hope that makes sense and doesn't offend anyone.

Anyway, rant over haha :)

Rest in peace Michael.

For anyone who didn't follow from the announcement of Michael being brought to hospital, this was the first time Michael's death was posted by a media outlet:

oh god.. ive tried to block this post for such a long time .. it is STILL soo hard to see the TMZ post.. just brings back painful memories :(

I think I was online. I saw the news and it was so unexpected. But it was weird it looked expected at the same time. It was very weird moment. One of the weirdest I have ever faced.

I was at home, sleeping. Then suddenly my bro knocked. Michaels dead!
I didn't believe him. Then we woke my sister. Then our parents. We all sat before the tv and couldn't believe it.
I'll never forget that moment.

Was watching the evening news when it said he had had a suspected heart attack. me and my mam rolled our eyes at each other and said 'another stupid rumour'...

Back