Bad Tour to get cinema screen in London!

thrillerchild

Proud Member
http://www.o2academyislington.co.uk...sents-michael-jackson-live-at-wembley-tickets

Cine Gigs Presents Michael Jackson Live at Wembley '88

Cine Gigs Presents
O2 Academy Islington

Thu 08 Aug 13

Door time: 7.00pm
Show time: 8.00pm

• General Admission

GBP 13.50
    (inc. GBP 1.50 fees)

Groupies and Roadies,

Ever wondered what it would be like to see some of the greatest live acts ever on the big screen? Well, look no further as London's No.1 outdoor cinema Rooftop Film Club brings you the gig-tastic, all standing, lighter waving Cine Gigs, a brand new film and music experience like no other. ?

The Cine Gig Tour starts at the O2 Academy Islington with a very special concert style screening of the legendary Michael Jackson, Live at Wembley from the world famous Bad Tour filmed back in 1988.

This is the launch of our Cine-Gigs series where we bring legendary gigs back to the cinema screen and transport you and hundreds of music revelers back to this golden age of rock. So strap on those air guitars, don those wigs and shades and rock out!

Show starts at 8pm
Photo ID required for entry.
Over 18s only

Would like to know a little more about this and what to expect quality wise.

It's the DVD and it won't look all that bad as people will make out, it's simple really.

.. has to be BAD 25 DVD July 16th ? Quality wont transfer to BIG screen well. But I think The Experience with being with other fan watching it on BIG screen would be exciting.

This is NOT meant to hype anyone up, and I'm sure most already know this, but GoFlying - the man who recorded the multi tracks for the concert - has said that the estate found the masters for Wembley sometime after Bad 25. I don't think any sensible theater would upscale the DVD version to a big screen. So we never know!

IF this is the BAD 25 one, which I am sure it is, then it's almost laughable.

Aww, no, it's in early August... Which means I'll still be on holiday in the US. Shame, I would've like to have gone, to meet more fans if nothing else. I wonder if they'll have another screening at a later date.

Well, either way, I hope it's still a good show with decent quality footage.

l wish they would do something like this in australia

Waw this is good news. If I was in London I would go regardless of the quality. Seeing any performance on a large screen is better than a TV in your home. This also shows that Michael's legacy is moving along nicely. I wish they do something like this in New York, because I would go most nights!!!!

Would they seriously unveil a brand new Michael Jackson concert in 1080p in Islington? Ask yourself that.

Why won't they do this in Vegas?It'd be great at Rave Motion Pictures or screened during a two-week stint at the Michael Jackson Theater they use for ONE.

Would they seriously unveil a brand new Michael Jackson concert in 1080p in Islington? Ask yourself that.
If this was an Estate release the Estate would be advertising it as official. Fans would be pissed if they didn't release a DVD and released it like this. I bet they are not even legally allowed to profit off the DVD they are showing. Unless they paid a licensing fee or some kind of royalties.

Im certain its Bad 25 _ Even has the same Title

It's just the DVD projected on a theater screen (in 4:3, btw).
Why would anyone think it's anything different?

And just in time, too. This is great promotion for the dvd that came out almost a year ago...

If you get the chance, you should probably go just to hear the music on a theater sound system.

I say go see it, so you can have more specific points to complain about. Then, if you like it, you will have more points to rave about.

Can't believe people wouldn't go see this because of quality. It's a day out watching Michael Jackson, the greatest entertainer OF ALL TIME. Things like this are cool and don't happen too often. I'd definitely go if I was closer.

Can't believe people wouldn't go see this because of quality. It's a day out watching Michael Jackson, the greatest entertainer OF ALL TIME. Things like this are cool and don't happen too often. I'd definitely go if I was closer.

A cinema is meant for high quality picture (8K or 4K masters). It has always been this way. It's not meant to screen compressed video, let alone a VHS transfer.

Watching Michael Jackson on the big screen is only satisfying when one can actually, see him.

Maybe it isn't? We need more info! ASAP!

its not gonna be different to the dvd! they wouldnt allow a small cinema to show unseen footage that has the potential to make them HUGE profits in the future!

A cinema is meant for high quality picture (8K or 4K masters). It has always been this way. It's not meant to screen compressed video, let alone a VHS transfer.

Watching Michael Jackson on the big screen is only satisfying when one can actually, see him.
In the vhs you only see outlines from everything but close ups, its honestly a shame!

Photo from a 35mm still film camera, scanned at 1k resolution:

bw2n.jpg

Last edited:

You do realise the Wembley quality isn't actually THAT bad, right? Watching Michael Jackson is satisfying in any quality, especially Wembley quality because he was a rare talent, and in years to come, people will look back at DVD's like this and it will be used to show historic moments. Also, This is It was shot in SD in certain parts, and here is a HIStory concert shown at a cinema, and it doesn't look that bad to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-THIKC1N0

You do realise the Wembley quality isn't actually THAT bad, right? Watching Michael Jackson is satisfying in any quality, especially Wembley quality because he was a rare talent, and in years to come, people will look back at DVD's like this and it will be used to show historic moments. Also, This is It was shot in SD in certain parts, and here is a HIStory concert shown at a cinema, and it doesn't look that bad to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-THIKC1N0

I feel they reduced the noise far too much, losing the sharpness in the original casette, they made his skin tango coloured, over contrasted some areas, and didnt mix the 5.1 audio that well (shouldve been dts multi channel but thats just my preference, BEST SOUND EVER!!! DTS vs. Dolby Digital, now you know why i prefer dts ;)
),
other than that, it looks okay.. bootleg quality i'd say! but a little worse than yokohama

Last edited:
Doesn't help either that it was recorded with a camera or cellphone.Just sayin'.

I think the point of this screening is to treat it like a gig - I believe it will be standing, not seated (neither of the o2 Islington venues has seats in my experience), beers on the go, nice and loud, singing along, jumping around a bit. I'm looking forward to it and won't be fussed about the fact that I've seen the DVD on my telly a few times before.

exactly.

In the vhs you only see outlines from everything but close ups, its honestly a shame!

Photo from a 35mm still film camera, scanned at 1k resolution:

bw2n.jpg

Where did you get this from??????? Is this a capture from an actual film source?

It's clearly a picture. If it was video footage it would look completely different.

Back