Is Kenny Ortega a genius??

Is Kenny Orgeta a genius?

• Total voters

Krshna28

Proud Member
I think that he is only person in the world who could create Michael's vision. The partnership between Michael and Kenny would've created the GREATEST CONCERT OF ALL TIME!!!

All comments accepted!!!!

Edit: Thanks for the replies and thanks for voting!!!!

Last edited:
Someone that have such consist success as he has is obviously doing something right.
I mean, Kenny did both the Dangerous and HIStory tours, and also some movie productions that stands out from the crowd.
He could basically be a professional shit talker by now, but he seems to be very humble about it and is instead focusing on his own work - I admire people like that.

Extremely talented in what he and Michael have produced throughout the years. Genius, well it depends upon the situation and whom one is working with. Could Michael have achieved his level of performances without Kenny, yes, with another equally talented person, certainly a good possibility. But ultimately I can't deny the history that has been made by this match up.

Great guy,i love him,but not a genius.THIS IS IT is michael's vision,his creativity.We all saw mj directing the movie.

yes , he's a genius, he went in that cutting room and gave us the most amazing thing , and i hope God will bless him for the rest of his life. Love you Kenny, and Love you more, Michael.

Kenny Ortega, seems like a nice guy, he's a good director but he is NOT a genius. The genius is MICHAEL JACKSON, it was his vision, his creative moves and talent that made THIS IS IT. Thats what people went to see, not how Kenny Ortega cut and edit the footage...

Just my opinion.... :)

Only Michael Jackson could make millions off rehearsal footage...

Together with MJ he is a genius.

Like MJ and Quincy Joney. They work great together.

I think MJ has all the visions and ideas. Ortega and QJ just makes them happen. MJ is a true genius and when you work with him you get some of his magic I think.

Yes, I think so. I love Kenny. He's an awesome guy. :)

He's a very talented director, but not a genius. Genius is not a title that can be given to anyone.
I agree! I don't think the term genius should be given to just anyone. Geniuses are extremely rare. Kenny Ortega is a talented guy who does his job well. Just my opinion.

I think he is a very very VERY good director,but not a genius. Dangerous,HIStory and This is it were brilliant because of Michael's vision.Sure,Kenny helped a lot,but all of it came,mainly from Michael's mind! :)

He made a succes out of Miley Cyrus and that High School Musical crap.
So he must be a genius.:tease:

In mistake i voted for he's a genius, i have always thought that he's a very good director but not a genius, and since he said he's a fan of michael in front of him =)

He's a very, very good director and he had the opportunity to work with THE MASTER, Michael Jackson :) .

I have a lot of respect for Kenny! He's always thought about us, the fans. He kept us up to date with his Twitter about rehearsals from like april through to june. He made this movie possible. He seems to really care for us and he loves Michael like us! I like Kenny! Is he a genius? Yeah why not :D

He's a great guy. I have a lot of respect for him. :)

Hella talented yes, genius not sure. I have a lot of respect for him though.

Kenny is an awesome, awesome director. He managed to make the HSM franchise into the money spinner it is today. But genuis is a term used so frequently. Some people call Simon Cowell a genuis but I wouldn't. He knows what sells. Genuis is a term that applies to very few and I wouldn't say it applied to Kenny. He is phenomenal though!

I think i like Kenny. He was on So you think you can dance show and he seemed very humble and he always had a smile on face, and appreciative of the entire situation and credited Michael ALOT. I think my views have changed about him after seeing him on SYTYCD

Together with MJ he is a genius.

They work great together.

I think MJ has all the visions and ideas. MJ is a true genius and when you work with him you get some of his magic I think.

I think Kenny Ortega is a good director,but the genius was MICHAEL JACKSON !:yes:

This.

KO said himself these were all Michael's ideas. However KO had to make them happen so he deserves a lot of credit too.

Back