100 North Carolwood Contents to go on sale - Julien's 17 December 2011

So its true diane dimwit was dangling mjs underwear live on tv?
She is seriously crazy

My statement was true Julien did not use the term "Michael Jackson death bed" to advertise the bed. he never mentions that word once. Not even in the video you posted. The term "Michael jacksons death Bed" was from The writer of the article did that. In fact the bed was never for aution. only the headboard was listed. I respect his decision to remove and the reasons why.

Sorry qbee, just saw your reply, haven't visited the thread since i posted. I must have misunderstood your orig post. I thought you were under the impression that juliens weren't promoting the bed as the one mj died in, but you were just defending them from using the term, 'mj death bed'. I'm not sure what the difference is between promoting a bed for a high price because it has 'historical significance' because mj died in it, and a reporter using the term 'mj death bed' - they are both equally tasteless in their intent and julien's must have known this is the type of headline a reporter was going to use and it wasn't misleading - it was his deathbed. But maybe we'll just agree to disagree.

I don't believe the statement julien made about the bed not being for auction. The video clearly shows julien talking about a bed and showing a made up bed and how it was going to be one of the topselling items. A bed is a bed, nowhere was it mentioned that it was just the headboard. I imagine this was just damage control, but a little too late as he was caught on camera talking about a bed.

I'm british so don't actually know anything about juliens, you'll probably be more familiar with them. Maybe they're good guys, i've no idea, i'm just going by what i read in this thread.

myosotis;3538513 said:
So now they are saying ( regarding 'the bed' ) they were only ever going to sell the bed headboard........ not the frame .

Michael Jackson's bed removed from planned auction
By SANDY COHEN - AP Entertainment Writer | AP

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The bed where Michael Jackson died is no longer for sale.

Julien's Auctions has removed the queen-sized headboard from its auction of items from 100 N. Carolwood Drive, Jackson's last residence.

Company president Darren Julien said Tuesday the mattress was never for sale, but he removed the carved headboard seen in evidence photos during the trial of Jackson's physician from the sale at the request of Jackson's estate.

The auction of art, furnishings and other items from the home where Jackson lived with his three children is set for Dec. 17.

http://news.yahoo.com/michael-jacksons-bed-removed-planned-auction-191230609.html

Julien's Auctions
A message from Darren Julien regarding 100 North Carolwood - “At the request of The Estate of Michael Jackson, we are removing the headboard from the 100 North Carolwood Drive auction taking place on Saturday, December 17th. This item is the only portion of the bed that had been listed for auction, and no part of the bed remains for sale. Contrary to some erroneous reports, the bed itself was never included in the auction and, in fact, is the property of The Estate of Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson has played a major part in the history of Julien’s Auctions and we would never do anything that is not in the best interests of Michael’s children, his mother or the Estate. We will always honor these requests. We want all of our events involving items associated with Michael Jackson to be a good experience for everyone and a celebration of his life and career. The exhibition of the remaining items will continue starting on Monday, December 12th thru the auction on Saturday, December 17th" – Darren Julien, President/CEO, Julien’s Auctions

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150382658372713&id=143881977712

So if the Estate of Michael Jackson owns the bed, does that mean the estate owns all the contents of the house?

No the contents in the house being sold is not Michael's personal property. He rented the house furnished

Im sure he did have his own personal property that was removed after his deathh and the bed could
have been one of those items he owned right .. Also some items of MJ may not have been paid for yet
such as the furnishings he ordered for the house in London he was to occupy. They went to acution so
the sellers could recoup their loss.

There are only 2 things is this house I see that are attached personally to MJ and that is the mirror he
wrote onand the bath seat that he sketched stick figures on. If someone sees somethign else please
let us know.

I tell you looking through that catalog 100 Carolwood was such a beautiful house and the furnishing are amazing.
It was a Palace - http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2011/100-north-carolwood-drive/icatalog.html

Michael Jackson Memorabilia Up For Auction

Items from Michael Jackson's final home will be sold.

Michael Jackson Memorabilia Up For Auction

1 of 10

ap_michael_jackson_auction_06_ss_jp_111212_ssh.jpg

Julien's Auctions Executive Director Martin J. Nolan positions items from MJulien's Auctions Executive Director Martin J. Nolan positions items from Michael Jackson's final home that will be sold at auction. In the foreground is a Christmas tree adorned with items from fans.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/slideshow/michael-jackson-memorabilia-auction-15136950ichael Jack

son's final home that will be sold at auction. In the foreground is a Christmas tree adorned with items from fans. (Danny Moloshok/AP Photo)

MICHAEL JACKSON FANSTurn Death [COLOR=#009900 !important]House Auction[/COLOR]Into Makeshift Shrine
1212-michael-jackson-bed-1.jpg

The contents of the bedroom where Michael Jackson died are now on display at an[COLOR=#009900 !important]auction house
in Beverly Hills -- and though the actual death bed was pulled from the event, fans have erected a makeshift memorial in the spot where it was supposed to be displayed.

As TMZ previously reported, the bed from the Holmby Hills mansion was yanked from the[COLOR=#009900 !important]auction[/COLOR] block after the MJ Estate stepped in and asked Julien's [COLOR=#009900 !important]Auctions[/COLOR] to remove it from the event.

Julien's obliged -- but just about every other item from the house, including tables, chairs and a mirror featuring a message scribbled by MJ himself -- can be yours, if the price is right.

[/COLOR]​

[h=1]Michael Jackson's belongings up for auction[/h]
12 DECEMBER 2011Michael Jackson fans have had a first look at items that will be sold at auction from the singer's home.

Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills opened its doors to Michael's fans, who brought flowers, gifts and handwritten notes for the singer's children.

The company recreated the North Carolwood Drive home, where the king of pop died in 2009, inside its exhibit space.
CLICK ON PHOTO FOR FULL GALLERY

Items for sale include the Victorian baby grand piano, the wooden armoire where Michael wrote a note to himself on the mirror, the kitchen chalkboard where his children inscribed the message, "I love daddy".

Darren Julien, president of Julien's Auctions, said he sought permission from the Jackson estate to include fans in the auction exhibit, and family matriarch Katherine Jackson requested that he deliver any hand-made items from fans to her.

Julien's Auctions sold the contents of Michael's Neverland Ranch in April 2009.

The company also sold his Thriller jacket for $1.8 million over the summer and his signature-spangled glove for $350,000 in 2009.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/201112126767/michael-jackson-auction-2011/

I keep telling myself that these are only "THINGS" and that they shouldn't mean as much to me as they DO. I mean..I know that Michael didn't even own them..but he USED them while he and the kids lived there....looking at these items is just still so upsetting..the mirror...the little chalk board...Prince's candle. ..They ALL show signs of Michael's life....his life with his children. Now it has all come to an end...:boohoo: I really need to stay out of threads like this..it makes the hurt that much worse..:(

i hope no one shows up for the auction. These things didn't belong to MJ and they need to stop using his name to sell their crap.

All this doesnt mean much to me, it's just stuff that he didnt even choose. What bugs me is it probably wouldnt be for sale of Michael had not used them, and selling the stuff with writtings from the kids is not right. It's personal stuff, from children. There seems to be no boundaries anymore.

I'm surprised and disappointed at the estate for agreeing to the fans having their gifts and tributes shown in the place where the 'death bed' was going to be. It's just a way for juliens to get more publicity and make more money by presenting it as the sale of stuff from mj's last home, just sheer exploitation. The money doesn't go to mj's estate, it goes to the owners of the rented house and juliens. Both parties who think it's acceptable to put a price on a blackboard with a message to mj from his children. Tacky and creepy.

I'm surprised and disappointed at the estate for agreeing to the fans having their gifts and tributes shown in the place where the 'death bed' was going to be. It's just a way for juliens to get more publicity and make more money by presenting it as the sale of stuff from mj's last home, just sheer exploitation. The money doesn't go to mj's estate, it goes to the owners of the rented house and juliens. Both parties who think it's acceptable to put a price on a blackboard with a message to mj from his children. Tacky and creepy.

Well this was apparently the original agreement:

'Katherine Jackson's attorney, Perry Sanders Jr., said he is aware of the Carolwood auction and has "done everything we can to ascertain that items from this address are not being auctioned using Michael's name and likeness to enhance the items' value."
Photos of the house and the items available for sale are featured in a limited-edition auction catalog, which is being sold for $100. But the catalog and auction are discreetly titled "100 North Carolwood Drive" and the words "Michael Jackson" do not appear anywhere in the catalog.'
http://wtop.com/?nid=551&sid=2625653

So I completely agree with you, Bonnie. Julien's have incorporated pictures of the fans holding their tributes on the Julien's homepage for this auction (See 'Exhibition Gallery') and this seems to completely oppose Katherine's wishes. I'd say Julien's must be laughing. They have completely got around the agreement not to put Michael's name in the sale advertising. (Gallery reference below...fan pics are towards the end...click the left arrow)

http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2011/100-north-carolwood-drive/gallery.html

Last edited:
But KJ knew about it though, right? If she asked to have all the gifts delivered to her? :scratch:

I dont even know why fans would want to leave stuff for Michael there to be honest. There's no relation to Michael. :blink: It's just a guy making money of him, once more.

But KJ knew about it though, right? If she asked to have all the gifts delivered to her? :scratch:

I dont even know why fans would want to leave stuff for Michael there to be honest. There's no relation to Michael. :blink: It's just a guy making money of him, once more.

Mmmm, but I think 'knowing about the tributes' and having them included in the sale 'online advertising' pages, is a bit of a difference. You would expect anyone actually going to the sale room to see the tributes, but not necessarily the world. It does seem to be 'using Michael's name' to advertise, to me.

Mmmm, but I think 'knowing about the tributes' and having them included in the sale 'online advertising' pages, is a bit of a difference. You would expect anyone actually going to the sale room to see the tributes, but not necessarily the world. It does seem to be 'using Michael's name' to advertise, to me.

I'm wondering if this was the price the estate had to pay to get the 'death bed' out of the auction - juliens and the owners were clearly hoping that the bed wd bring in the big bucks, not appreciating the unsavoury nature of what they were selling. I'm just not sure, it's not typical of the estate to agree to this - they're usually more classy, which is why i was surprised as they clearly hold the rights to mj's name and likeness and cd distance mj from this.

Of course, no question about that. The very fact he agreed to have those gifts there was a way to attract fans, and possible buyers. That's why I dont get why fans went along with this.

Sold! Auction sells furnishings from Michael Jackson's last house - CNN.com
Sold! Auction sells furnishings from Michael Jackson's last house

By Michael Martinez and Alan Duke, CNN

updated 6:45 PM EST, Sat December 17, 2011

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Furniture from the rented mansion where pop star Michael Jackson died was being auctioned off Saturday, and among the most expensive items sold were paintings that went for $46,875 and $35,200.

Some of the furnishings were made infamous by crime scene photos shown in this year's trial of Michael Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, who was sentenced last month to four years in the Los Angeles County jail for involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's death.

Though the mansion is located in Los Angeles' Holmby Hills neighborhood, the auction was being held in Beverly Hills and was being carried live online.

Auctioneers were selling 524 items. Jackson did not own the beds, chairs, clocks, paintings, dishes and other objects, but their value was expected to skyrocket because of the personal touch added by the pop icon and his children in the months before he died on June 25, 2009.

Julien's Auctions has been careful not to call it a Michael Jackson auction out of legal and public relations concerns, instead marketing it by the mansion's now-famous address -- 100 North Carolwood Drive.

As of early Saturday afternoon, among the most expensive items sold were a $35,200 watercolor painting of floral still life by Maurice Utrillo and a $46,875 oil painting of fishing village by Adelsteen Normann.

The table where Jackson's sedatives sat and the rug on which paramedics tried to revive him are also among the items on the sale block.

Without the connection to Jackson, the entire property might bring $400,000, Nolan said. But with the connection, "the sky's the limit," Julien's Executive Director Martin Nolan said.

A chalkboard left behind in Jackson's kitchen may have cost a few hundred dollars, but what his children wrote on it makes it a very valuable object, Nolan said. The note, handwritten on the black board attached to a 26-inch-tall ceramic rooster, reads "love Daddy/ I (heart) Daddy/ Smile it's for free."

It sat in the kitchen where, according to testimony in the trial of Murray, Jackson would eat lunch each day with Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson. It was not known which child wrote the chalk note, but Nolan said his research suggested it was from Paris, who was 11 when her father died.

Another striking piece is a Victorian-revival-style armoire from Jackson's master bedroom. On the mirror, presumably where Jackson looked each day as he dressed, is a handwritten message of inspiration: "Train, perfection March April Full out May."

The wax-pencil note is significant, considering that Jackson was battling the calendar as he prepared for his "This Is It" concerts set to premiere in London in July 2009.

Murray's defense lawyers argued during the trial that the intense pressure on Jackson to rehearse for the 50 shows put him in a desperate fight for sleep, which led to Murray administering the surgical anesthetic propofol nearly every night in the last two months of his life.

Julien's Auctions backed away from selling the bed in which Jackson received the fatal dose of the propofol after a personal request from his mother, Katherine Jackson, Nolan said.

The auction house's re-creation of the bedroom where Jackson died -- euphemistically called "the medicine room" by the company -- features a bed-sized memorial covered with love notes from Jackson fans instead of the death bed.

The nightstand seen next to the death bed in coroner's photos, bearing numerous bottles of sedatives and other drugs, is for sale. The "French occasional table" is listed for between $300 and $500.

The room-size Oriental rug that covered the floor where Jackson was placed when paramedics tried to revive him is listed in the auction catalog for between $400 and $600.

The couch and chairs where Jackson likely sat with show producers worried about his health in the days before his death are for sale.

One chair in Jackson's bedroom has a stain which Nolan suggested was makeup spilled by the star as he sat in front of a mirror.

None of Jackson's relatives has expressed an interest in any of the items, Nolan said.

He pointed out that they had a chance to take whatever they wanted from the house in the months after his death.

The notes and posters brought to the auction house by Jackson fans and placed on the "medicine room" memorial will be sent to Jackson's mother and children, he said.

Jackson's relationship with Julien's turned sour in the last months of his life when he filed a lawsuit to stop the sale of furnishings from his Neverland ranch.

The singer sued the auction company, claiming he did not authorize the sale of items that were removed from Neverland after he sold the ranch. The suit was settled in April 2009 when Julien's canceled the auction and later returned the items to Jackson.

Sold! Auction sells furnishings from Michael Jackson's last house - CNN.com

111218065917-auction-jackson-story-top.jpg

Los Angeles (CNN) -- A mirror that Michael Jackson looked into as he dressed in his final months and onto which he scribbled a message to himself sold for $18,750 at auction in Beverly Hills this weekend.

Julien's Auctions sold 524 items that furnished the 100 North Carolwood mansion in Los Angeles' Holmby Hills neighborhood, significant because it was where Jackson and his three children lived in the months before his death. Jackson did not own the furnishings.

Some items brought higher prices because of their infamy in crime scene photos shown in this year's trial of Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, but others were valuable because Jackson and his family left their mark on them.

A chalkboard may have cost a few hundred dollars, but it sold for $5,000 because of what his children wrote on it. The note, handwritten on the black board attached to a 26-inch-tall ceramic rooster, reads "love Daddy/ I (heart) Daddy/ Smile it's for free."

It sat in the kitchen where Jackson would eat lunch each day with Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson. It was not known which child wrote the chalk note, but Julien's Executive Director Martin Nolan said his research suggested it was from Paris, who was 11 when her father died.

The mirror with a message is on a Victorian-revival-style armoire from Jackson's master bedroom, presumably where Jackson looked each day as he dressed. He used a wax pencil to remind himself: "Train, perfection March April Full out May."

The note is significant, considering that Jackson was battling the calendar as he prepared for his "This Is It" concerts set to premiere in London in July 2009.

Dr. Murray's defense lawyers argued during the trial that the intense pressure on Jackson to rehearse for the 50 shows put him in a desperate fight for sleep, which led to Murray administering the surgical anesthetic propofol nearly every night in the last two months of his life.

Murray was sentenced last month to four years in the Los Angeles County jail for involuntary manslaughter in Jackson's June 25, 2009 death.

Other items were macabre, not inspirational.

A small table that sat next to the bed where Jackson spent his last living hours in a desperate search for sleep sold for $5,000. The "French occasional table" was listed for between $300 and $500. It was a centerpiece of several key crime scene photos at Murray's trial, because several bottles of sedatives were found on it.

The oriental rug on which paramedics tried to revive Jackson sold for $15,360, although the auction catalog placed its value at between $400 and $600. It, also, is prominent on photos shown at the trial.

Julien's backed away from selling the bed in which Jackson received the fatal dose of the propofol after a personal request from his mother, Katherine Jackson, Nolan said.

The auction house's re-creation of the bedroom where Jackson died -- euphemistically called "the medicine room" by the company -- features a bed-sized memorial covered with love notes from Jackson fans instead of the death bed.

The most expensive items sold were a $35,200 watercolor painting of floral still life by Maurice Utrillo and a $46,875 oil painting of fishing village by Adelsteen Normann.

Jackson's relationship with Julien's turned sour in the last months of his life when he filed a lawsuit to stop the sale of furnishings from his Neverland ranch.

The singer sued the auction company, claiming he did not authorize the sale of items that were removed from Neverland after he sold the ranch. The suit was settled in April 2009 when Julien's canceled the auction and later returned the items to Jackson.

Back