1975 setlist help

MJ Live Footages

1Skywriter
Does anyone know what the 1975 setlist was when Jermaine was still in the group, or know what songs were included? Any info helps!

Was Jermaine on tour in 1976 with the Jackson 5 Or did they do these dates already without him?

Was Jermaine on tour in 1976 with the Jackson 5 Or did they do these dates already without him?
Jermaine quitted after 1st show (a second show was done without him on the same day) on July 6, 1975 at the Westbury Music Fair. From then on, he was not included in concerts until 1984 during the Victory Tour

Jermaine quitted after 1st show (a second show was done without him on the same day) on July 6, 1975 at the Westbury Music Fair. From then on, he was not included in concerts until 1984 during the Victory Tour
Wow so who played bass on that second show? Who took over his vocals? interesting news

Hello everyone!
From what I gathered I know that "Breezy" was part of the setlist but as we know ,Marlon took lead once Jermaine left the group in July.

Hello everyone!
From what I gathered I know that "Breezy" was part of the setlist but as we know ,Marlon took lead once Jermaine left the group in July.
I think breezy was played in 1976 during their final Motown concerts

I think breezy was played in 1976 during their final Motown concerts
Actually they used to switch songs on their set. From June 1975 to early 1976 the tour was promoting the "Moving VIolation" album as well as "Forever, Michael". Songs that were performed during that time included "Forever came today" (hit song at that time), "Especially for me"(opening the set), "Body language" (closing the set), "Breezy", "One day in your life" and "Just a little bit of you"
The songs "Moving violation" and "All I do is think of you" were probably performed too but I did not find any mention of it being part of a concert, only TV appearances.
As for the february - May 1975, they were promoting "Dancing machine" LP I've seen articles mentioning "Whatever you got ,I want", "If i don't love you this way" and "what you don't know" (until 1976) being on their set along with staples "I am love" and "The Life of the Party".
I think Jermaine was probably still performing "Daddy's home" before he left but I don't have any valid sources so...
plus early hits like "Goin' back to indiana" and "Sugar Daddy" were still included in some concerts.

Last edited:
Were any of these early concert tours filmed? Or are we forever stuck with people's foggy memories? Any written info? Do the brothers have any recollection? Would be sad if all this info just got lost.

Last edited:
Were any of these early concert tours filmed? Or are we forever stuck with people's foggy memories? Any written info? Do the brothers have any recollection? Would be sad if all this info just got lost in time.
I Hope there are full and clear video footages being released soon though i don't think the estates (MJ & Motown) even care. It took forever just to have "Live at the Forum" '70 & '72 audios. While working on it they found the recording from the philly show from may 1970 and did nothing with it.
At this point i really think they should do a box set with audio recordings of full concerts from 1971, another from 1972 (before micheal's voice drops), 1973, 1974, 1975 with few bonus on each cd including songs from other shows like they did with "mama's pearl" (Indianapolis) and "ain't no sunshine"(san diego) on "Live at the Forum" because at this point all their work is sleeping there collecting dust.

Last edited:
@KaribSancho

Do you have any knowledge if Michael performed we’re almost there on tour? There is this one time tv performance but it wasn’t with live vocals.

Like you I want more audio and video if possible from all the touring years at Motown. Live at the forum for me is a treasure and one of the best MJ related releases ever.

@KaribSancho

Do you have any knowledge if Michael performed we’re almost there on tour? There is this one time tv performance but it wasn’t with live vocals.

Like you I want more audio and video if possible from all the touring years at Motown. Live at the forum for me is a treasure and one of the best MJ related releases ever.
"We're almost there" like "Moving violation" and "All ido is think of you" I only know of TV performance unfortunately. I wish we could hear/watch Live performances of those.
when Live at the forum cd came out I had already lost faith, so it is a treasure for me as well.

@KaribSancho

They were also doing “you need love like i do” of the dancing machine album live around either 1974 or 1975. Darling dear was also done live a couple of times.
I have hopes they did more songs live we don’t yet know off

@KaribSancho

They were also doing “you need love like i do” of the dancing machine album live around either 1974 or 1975. Darling dear was also done live a couple of times.
I have hopes they did more songs live we don’t yet know off
"You need love like I do" is From Get It Together LP. It was on the setlist in 1974 there is a live footage from Dakar, Senegal documentary.
"Darling Dear" was performed late 1970 and 1971 there a snipet of it from the Jacksonville documentary of december 30th, 1970. "How Funky is your chicken" too: the part were Tito and Ronnie rancifer (J5 Keyboardist) are dancing.

Last edited:
They performed many songs on TV, however they were also part of their theater/nightclub shows. I know that Whatever You Got, I Want was performed during their theater shows. in 1974 and 1975

At one time in my life I tried communicating with the remaining Jacksons to find out more about their tour setlists but to no avail.
I really wish someone would ask them about it

Do you have any infos about "I can't quit your love" or "World of sunshine" being performed live around 1973-1975 ?( beside the 1977 Jacksons Variety show)

I want to see 1973 - 1978 concert itineraries and setlists
Sadly the concert dates from 1976, 1977 and 1977 seems to be completly lost.
Here are some (Needs to be Completed):

San Carlos CA, Circle star theater in ?/?/1976 (3 dates missing)
Niles ILMill run play house ?/?/1976
Providence RI civic center April 10/1976

Pliedro de Caracas ,Venezuela February 26, 27 & 28/1977
March US Tour (dates and venues unkown)
Memphis Mid-South Coliseum March 23, 1977
Montgomery AL, unknown venue April,1/1977
Houston TX, Sam Houston Coliseum April ?/1977
Rochester NY, Community War memorial April 9/1977 (Wild Cherry and Touch of class as opening acts)
Uniondale NY, Nassau coliseum April10/1977
Forth worth Tx, Convention Arena May 6/1977 (Wild Cherry as opening act)
Glasgow, Scotland, Queen theater May 16/1977
Glasgow king's theater Royal command for Quenn Elizabth's Silver Jubilee May 17/1977
London, England, Hammersmith Odeon May 24/1977
Chicago IL, International amphitheater July 16/1977 (w/Maze, The Floaters and Jermaine Jackson)
Miami beach FL, Unknown venue July 21, 22, 23 & 24/1977
Hampton VA, Unknown venue August 4/1977
Detroit MI, Cobo arena August 11/1977
Chigago IL, International amphitheater August ?/1977
Louisville KY, International Convention center September 11/1977 ( the Sylvers& the Floaters)

Newcastle England, City Hall February 19/1978
Port of Spain Trinidad &Tobago, Queen's park savannah Grandstand February 24 & 25 /1978
San Fernado Trinidad & Tobago, Skinner Park February 26/1978
Oakland CA, Alameda county coliseum arena March 3/1978 ( Millie Jackson)
Sacramento CA, Memorial Auditorium March 4/1978 (Millie Jackson, Slave, Harriet Hurst, Import Export)
Fresno CA, Selland Arena March 5/1978 (Millie Jackson)
Hampton VA, Coliseum April 8/1978 (Calvin Shakespeare & Son)
[Los Angeles CA, Dodger Stadium May 13/1978 was cancelled]
Nashville TN, Unknown venue May18/1978

* I Read some Japan dates too in 1978 but not enough infos.

Im aware of all these concert dates (you missed some). I do plan on making a wiki page on the 76/77 dates, however idk if it would go through

Also, im not gonna include the Venezuela dates, besides it was just TV show dates.
The TV show Super Sabado sensacional was recorded February 25th while the Concerts were 26th,27th & 28th at Poliedro. Plus they apperently did a performance at Salon Naiguata of Hotel Tamanaco also on February 28th.

Last edited:
Thanks for these 77/78 dates. I always assumed they did way more concerts those years than what was posted on wiki etc
It’s a very interesting period as Michael sounded the way everybody knows him today. It would be very interesting to hear his adult voice tackle the various Motown songs they had in the setlist in 77/78.

Thanks for these 77/78 dates. I always assumed they did way more concerts those years than what was posted on wiki etc
It’s a very interesting period as Michael sounded the way everybody knows him today. It would be very interesting to hear his adult voice tackle the various Motown songs they had in the setlist in 77/78.
There are many more shows from that time. They were still doing their Las Vegas revue type engagements during 1976.
They did live version of "Got to be there" with michael's fresh adult voice.
I heard a Rumor claiming they used to perform "Mama's pearl" somewhere between 1977 to 1979 I wonder if it's true.

There are many more shows from that time. They were still doing their Las Vegas revue type engagements during 1976.
They did live version of "Got to be there" with michael's fresh adult voice.
I heard a Rumor claiming they used to perform "Mama's pearl" somewhere between 1977 to 1979 I wonder if it's true.
That goin places tour setlist that has been around for many years seems a bit weird, what do you make of it? They only played "find me a girl" and the title track from the album. All albums previously had at least 5 songs from their new album in the setlist.
I can't help but think they did more songs from the album at other dates.

Anyway great setlist either way and there is never can't say goodbye, got to be there, sugar daddy and I wanna be where you are which I all want to hear badly in his adult voice.

I have hopes he also still performed music and me, one day in your life live during these years.
  1. Intro
  2. Think Happy
  3. Get it Together
  4. Forever Came Today
  5. I Am Love
  6. Keep on Dancing
  7. Ben
  8. Show You The Way To Go
  9. Goin' Places
  10. Never Can Say Goodbye
  11. Got to be There
  12. Sugar Daddy