A & E Working on a Documentary Series About MJ's Trials

Re: CNN are working on a documentary series about MJ's trials

Charles thompson called mj every name under the sun.

I never heard Thomson disparage MJ. When and where did that happened?

In any case he is 100% sure of his innocence and if he is not a blind fan and critized MJ for other things that certainly doesn't
hurt his credibility quite to the contrary.
He did excellent work on exposing the fake stories about the FBI files
He also wrote a great article about how the media twisted the 2005 trial.

I agree about Hughes. Unless she can show this diary and prove that she wrote those things in July and Aug
she should not be part of this project.
But the legal circumstances which put MJ into a lose lose lose situation by Jan 1994
should absolutely be part of this doc. It was such a disgrace that the judge allowed the civil case go first
just because Chandler was not yet 14.

Re: A & E are working on a documentary series about MJ's trials

Years back he was a member of another mj board. He called mj a pedo.denied the kids genetics,allsorts of crap attacking mj was posted by them inorder to troll.think they got banned if i remember right and It took alot to get banned there! It was well documented at the time. So when he/she suddenly "saw"the light because suddenly supporting mj was the in thing to do after 09 alot of ppl called them out on their B.S.

Last edited:
Re: CNN are working on a documentary series about MJ's trials

I read Hughes' book. I didn't see anything in it that would make me question her credibility. In fact, one of the best books in explaining the settlement - in a very matter of factly manner, citing actual court motions. That's the main focus of her book - showing through court motions what was going on at the time. It is a lot more professionally written book than most of the sensationalist nonsense that you see on the other side and that is always cited in these documentaries (Dimond, Bob Jones etc). We also know for a fact that she was indeed Rothman's secretary, so she is someone who was there - an actual witness to certain things. I have never seen her make any outlandish claim that would make me question the credibility of her story.

Not seeing her actual handwritten diary is not a reason for me to question her credibility. How many times do you see the handwritten notes for a book? In fact, when I look at the dates of certain events she cites from her diary in her book it does correspond with the timeline of the Chandlers of the same events in Ray Chandler's book. And Hughes' book was published earlier than Ray Chandler's. Not like her diary notes contain any huge, outlandish claims that are hard to believe. In fact, for a lot of them by now we know for a fact they were so.

She was also on the Defense's witness list in 2005, so if she was a good enough witness for Mez why is she not for us?

Clipboard01.jpg
To me, Ms Hughes did not have to do what she did but she did and this was at a time when she was dismissing the claims against MJ which was unpopular to do. So for her to stick her neck out and reveal this about those liars said a lot to me. she could have jumped on the bandwagon on lying on MJ event though she know it was all lies being told on Jackson.

Years back he was a member of another mj board. He called mj a pedo.denied the kids genetics,allsorts of crap attacking mj was posted by them inorder to troll.think they got banned if i remember right and It took alot to get banned there! It was well documented at the time. So when he/she suddenly "saw"the light because suddenly supporting mj was the in thing to do after 09 alot of ppl called them out on their B.S.

Are you sure it was the real Charles Thomson on that board and not someone pretending to be him?
He doesn't seem to me as someone who would even care about the kids genetics. That's typical hater tactic.
Do you have any article or audio or video evidence that he trashed MJ?
comments on a board are hardly proof.

G.Hughes need to be apart of this she was there she knew Michael was set up. In her book she explain why Michael had to settle which is very important to bring out ppls still believe today that Michael is guilty because he settle and that is not true. Michael was innocent all the time like he said. Imo this need to be apart of the documentary

Why are we now trying to unnecessarily undermine the credibility of people who could speak out on MJ's side? I mean, if there is a genuine credibility issue with someone, sure. But I don't see any with Geraldine Hughes and I don't get the attack against her character by redfrog. Like I said not seeing her handwritten diary is not a proof she has credibility issues. How many times authors provide the handwritten notes based on which their works were written? And if she had provided handwritten notes what would it prove anything anyway? Anyone can write a handwritten diary in the hindsight if they want to - if deception if the goal.

There is nothing in her book that raises red flags as to her credibility regarding her story, so I don't get the questionmarks put over her by redfrog. Unless he can point out the things he can refute in her book. Let's get factual then. Most of her book is talking about legal court motions and some events that she experienced in Rothman's office. That's it. Nothing outlandish or sensationalist. Just what a regular secretary could have experienced with the limit that she was not at the meetings that Rothman had face-to-face with the Chandlers. She doesn't try to make herself out to be more than who she was and her experience more than what it could be. Her story is realistic and not sensationalized at all.

I remember she even called out Ray Chandler back in 2005 when Ray put certain documents on his website and Geraldine called him out on it saying some of those documents were forgeries.

Additionally, according to Geraldine Hughes, who was employed as a legal secretary for Barry Rothman, the Chandlers’ attorney during the 1993 allegations, some of the documents on Ray Chandler’s website even appeared to be forgeries. Case in point, correspondence between Rothman and other parties appearing on the website bear the signature of the parties and initials of the secretary who typed them. However, Geraldine Hughes stated to the MJEOL website that although they bear her initials as the typist, she never typed some of those documents. Additionally, she stated some signatures bore little resemblance to Rothman’s and one document was posted unsigned. Hughes told to MJEOL:

"When I review the documents that he [Ray Chandler] has on his website, I am convinced that several of the documents, even though they bear my initials as the typist, I DID NOT TYPE THAT PARTICULAR DOCUMENT. Several of these documents have been manufactured and are not even bearing the correct signature of my attorney Barry Rothman.” [4]

Here are the signatures as they appeared on the documents published on Ray Chandler’s website:

signatures-of-rothman.jpg

It's clear that those signatures are very different indeed.

So some fans don't like that she published a book or how she promoted it? I am sorry, but if we only want people that the whole fandom universally likes then we may end up with no one. I personally don't particularly like Charles Thomson, but if he can speak for MJ in an eloquent and factual manner in a documentary, I don't mind. Even if I don't agree with him in most other issues (his crusade against the Estate etc.). Also while what what Aphrodite Jones said about Jordan was unfortunate but she admitted she doesn't know much about the 1993 case. So obviously if she speaks in such a documentary it shouldn't be the 1993 part that she speaks of but the 2005 part about which she could speak well. But then Thomson and Jones are just journalists. It's OK to me if they are there, it is OK to me if they aren't. But Hughes is more than just a journalist in this case. She is an actual witness, someone who can talk of certain issues and circumstances first hand.

But hey, if we don't have her we could have people like Shana Mangatal instead, right?

Thing is, we already have a much higher standard of the credibility of the people that we use as sources than haters do, who constantly use people like Dimond, Bob Jones, Gutierrez, tabloid articles, disgruntled, tabloid-paid ex-employees, unnamed "sources" etc. People like Hughes have a far higher credibility than that (unless you can prove otherwise) so I wouldn't have any qualms about having her on the show. If she shows her diary good, but it's not like it would prove something to those who want to be sceptical of her claims, so I don't think that's something as essential as made out to be by redfrog.

Last edited:

Are you sure it was the real Charles Thomson on that board and not someone pretending to be him?
He doesn't seem to me as someone who would even care about the kids genetics. That's typical hater tactic.

Not seeing her actual handwritten diary is not a reason for me to question her credibility. How many times do you see the handwritten notes for a book?

But I don't see any with Geraldine Hughes and I don't get the attack against her character by redfrog.
ow many times authors provide the handwritten notes based on which their works were written?

I didn't attack her character I just want to see proof that there was indeed such a diary and she indeed wrote those things as they happened not afterward because that's what those who are sceptical about MJ's innocence would want to see if this woman is presented as a witness to extortion.
And it's not just some author writing a book but someone who claimed she has evidence of extortion. Two different things.
Very obviously the police either never saw that diary or ignored it. I'd like to know what happened.

She is good at explaining the legal problems MJ had. Those should be included in the doc.
It's just strange that she supposedly had this smoking gun evidence and she didn't even show it to MJ's people or called the police after she saw MJ being publicly accused. If she indeed wrote those things as they happened as she claims she heard them use the word extortion in that office the diary would be very relevant evidence.
She said her diary can stand the scrutiny of forensic ink dating test.
Because people could say hey you only say you witnesses the extortion now after he MJ was accused because you are a biased fan
but if she could prove that she documented the extortion as it happened that's a different ballgame.

Last edited:

----------'
It was provern and documented at the time they also made such comments later on with other fans etc that was discussed and evidence was shown then.he wrote nasty little things about the kids etc .other fans did save and post the information back then.posters such as bubs prob has more info amongst other fans. I guess you could start a seperate thead about him if you like .but frankly his two faced B.S was and is laughable if not vomit inducing to many.

This could be great, or bad.... I can be optimistic though because simply, the evidence shows he was innocent.. I recently watched Making A Murder and thought.. God why can't we release a lengthy docu series going into detail about the trial with the TRUTH.. This might be the closest we can get..

And PS.. I am not comparing Steven Avery to Michael, I just liked the way the documentary was put together and I believe he was innocent..

I know some of you are asking about the settlement and why Mike did it and it's simple - HE WANTED TO MOVE ON WITH HIS LIFE! . It doesn't imply guilt whatsoever

I agree with some of your post that is true but the reason we saw the settlement is because the civil lawsuit went before the criminal case Michael was never charge if Michael would have been charge then you would have seen the criminal case just like in the 2005 trial where Michael had to go to court because he was charge with a crime. Chandler and his lawyer set this up it it was all lies. The judge should have never let the civil lawsuit go first. it was all about money and that is what Chandler wanting.

If i am wrong correct me criminal case go before civil lawsuit.

Last edited:

The law was later changed to be able to stop civil cases coming before crim cases. They blamed mj for this but at the time that was exactly what mj was asking for.

Reading an old post i had saved from years back re the settlement motion from 05 but it didnt have the actual motion attached to it. Does anyone have it to hand to post. As it clearly states the settlement was for negligence by the insurance company

The law was later changed to be able to stop civil cases coming before crim cases. They blamed mj for this but at the time that was exactly what mj was asking for.

Reading an old post i had saved from years back re the settlement motion from 05 but it didnt have the actual motion attached to it. Does anyone have it to hand to post. As it clearly states the settlement was for negligence by the insurance company

The claim of an insurance company paying against MJ's wishes came from Brian Oxman. There's no proof an insurance company paid it, let alone against MJ's wishes.

When MJ was asked why he settled he said it was to get on with his life. He never stated it was out of his hands like Oxman suggested. The settlement document wasn't signed off by any insurance company. Also, Tom Mesereau said he had no knowledge of an insurance company paying.

The settlement document wasn't signed off by any insurance company. Also, Tom Mesereau said he had no knowledge of an insurance company paying.
---------------------

Thanks for the above that isnt something i was aware of or prob forgot about over time.wasnt aware of T.Mes comment. Just surprises me that it was filed without mez looking over it as its done under oath and was used to stop the settlement being used against mj. Blatant perjury by oxman that could have blown up in their face if sneddon had realised

This is one of the example why I always say California justice system are the worst in the US.

For some reason, I feel like if this documentary series was made by Netflix it would get more attention..... those exclusives always get some good attention..

For some reason, I feel like if this documentary series was made by Netflix it would get more attention..... those exclusives always get some good attention..

Definitely. Making a Murderer was huuuuuge.

I know some of you are asking about the settlement and why Mike did it and it's simple - HE WANTED TO MOVE ON WITH HIS LIFE! . It doesn't imply guilt whatsoever

There can be a number of reason why innocent people settle or even plead guilty in criminal cases and go to prison
instead of fighting in court.
If you don't think you would get a fair trial you settle.
If it's cheaper than going to court you settle. If you think the public would not accept a not liable verdict no matter what you settle.
If you don't want to go through a circus like the one in 2005 you settle.
If you don't want the whole world to see your vitilgo affected genitalia you settle. MJ was very concerned that the photos would not stop
in the courtroom and who in his shoes wouldn't have been?
You settle if you want to protect your defense strategy for a potential criminal trial.
All those factors were true to MJ by Jan 1994 so of course he settled.

Remember innocent people even plead guilty and go to prison if they don't think they would get a fair trial
which is very likely in child molestation cases since people's reason and logic go out of the window simply
because the allegations are horrible and come from kids. Ray Bucky never got an acquittal just hung juries
and what a nonsense the McMartin case was!

Why should MJ had thought in Jan 1994 that the jury and the judge would be fair and reasonable?
I would have settled too.
This poor guy was falsely accused by three kids of rape spent 20 years in prison after pleading guilty.
Paying 20 million was nothing compared to that.

Horrible horrible justice system in the US. ****s so many innocent people.
Thousands of them are sitting in prison because of plea bargains.
The judge's decision to violate Mj's rights for a fair criminal trial was outragous. And why?
Because Chandler was not yet 14. What a joke! He turned 14 in Jan 1994. Didn't make any difference
in terms of his memory.

Let's not toss the baby out with the bath water. The law that allows accelerated trials for those under a certain age is intended to mitigate the suffering and stress of child victims. Evan and his attorney misused the justice system.

Let's not toss the baby out with the bath water. The law that allows accelerated trials for those under a certain age is intended to mitigate the suffering and stress of child victims. Evan and his attorney misused the justice system.

In the bold and that is what happen Evan and his attorney got away with it.

And you see these type of tactics all the time in various family law cases.....even some people on the net believe Amber Heard used similar tactics to get money out of Johnny Depp.....she didn't files but she made sure photos, video were leaked so that he was tried in the court of public opinion forcing him to settle.

Do we have any idea what stages this A&E docuseries is in? Just talk, pre production, filming...

Do we have any idea what stages this A&E docuseries is in? Just talk, pre production, filming...

Not at this time but Raven did mention in her article that she will be receiving information in about two weeks.

I really pray that this happen ppls really need to know the truth of what really happen and that Michael was innocent just like he said. And just maybe ppls can see Michael in a different light (wishful thinking) could happen.

No. The law itself is horrible. Why would anyone deserve an accelerated CIVIL trial when a criminal case is going on
and the accuser calls the defendant in the civil case a criminal??

There is no excuse for giving a civil trial to anyone within just 120 days.

If the child is a real victim give him a criminal trial as soon as possible. A civil trial won't protect anyone from a predator.
It can only take his money.

Any updates????

Having heard anything yet but i hope soon.

Raven Woods ‏@emailraven · 5 Min.Vor 5 Minuten

know that it IS on and I believe will be a very good step forward for the media portrayal of MJ.

Raven Woods ‏@emailraven · 6 Min.Vor 6 Minuten

contract that will prevent me from being able to discuss it on social media. Therefore I cannot say more about it but I want to let you all

Raven Woods ‏@emailraven · 7 Min.Vor 7 Minuten

For those who have wondered about the status of the documentary I can only say it is still happening but I will be signing a confidentiality

Thank you for the update..

I want to watch this show, it will be a good show, the best show, better than all the other shows. I'm gonna watch this show, the show will show Michael in a good light, in a really good light and it's gonna win in ratings, it will win bigly in ratings because winning is what Michael Jackson does.. ok?

You've been Trump't lol

Back