A Nightmare On Elm Street (Remake) Thread (Updated) (New Photos)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xGKA-172Fmw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xGKA-172Fmw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RS6QPfJTe9A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RS6QPfJTe9A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

This movie is a week away now so I really would appreciate if somebody commented on this new clip.

I'll watch them when I get home as I can't view them at work. Just under two weeks until its out in the UK :D :D :woohoo:

This looks really good!! I was talking my friend about this in class!! :) Only 4 weeks to go :wild:

Wow, they actually made Freddy a child molester in this one (which was the original idea that the original movie was going to go with). Creepy shit. I thought it was an entertaining flick.

Some people were complaining about that but that's the point is that you're supposed to be afraid of him and be unsettled.

It is not released in my country yet, but I am very very curious to see it.

I grew up watching all the Nightmares movies during the 80s, I find the idea of remaking this huge classic now impossible, it is soooo soon, so unnecesary...
Too bad Robert Englund isn´t playing Freddy as he should be...

The 80s movies are way too valid to make news ones, but well...I am very open minded and remakes are here to stay.
I am curious, I will be watching it soon I hope :)

PS: I always had the feeling Freddy was a molester, one of the movies suggest he was.

I saw it last night and I liked it and I'm a Freddy fanatic since childhood, I decided to go into it just looking at it as a different movie not a remake but I have to say that Robert Englund is 100 million times better than this Freddy.

I grew up watching all the Nightmares movies during the 80s, I find the idea of remaking this huge classic now impossible, it is soooo soon, so unnecesary...
Too bad Robert Englund isn´t playing Freddy as he should be...
Robert Englund mentioned this in an interview that they've been remaking films since the 1930s that the film "A Star Is Born" has been remade a couple of times cus the original came out in 1937 and then the first remake came out in 1957 and a second remake came out in 1976. Look at king kong that came out in 1933 and the first remake came out in 1976 and then a second remake came out in 2005. Also regarding robert he played freddy in 8 films and in a tv series for over 20 years so he had a good run and is pretty much done with the character and besides he gave jackie earle haley his blessing to take over playing freddy and if you're still not happy go back and watch the films with robert cus they're not going anywhere.

I can't wait for this, I've been waiting for a film that will make absoloutly crap my pance :Lmao: I loved the originals, I hope they are just as good :D

I'm really looking forward to this on Friday now! I have a feeling the cinema will be 3/4 full like it was for Saw VI.

I saw it twice over the weekend. I really liked it. But...I feel they played too much on the "flash-jump" scares a bit too much. But I liked the references to the other films but one thing I would've liked to see was a few more comedic moments like the original films included in places.

I saw it twice over the weekend. I really liked it. But...I feel they played too much on the "flash-jump" scares a bit too much. But I liked the references to the other films but one thing I would've liked to see was a few more comedic moments like the original films included in places.

I so agree and I hope this doesn't sound like a spoiler but the part where the kids are in the ambulance... if this were an original Freddy movie he would have been driving the ambulance lol

Exactly...or at the beginning in the diner. I was half expecting him to appear from behind the cooking unit in a chef's hat :p

Btw if you can you gotta order "Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy" which features many interviews with the cast of many past nightmare films although not surprising johnny depp isn't one of them.

Btw if you can you gotta order "Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy" which features many interviews with the cast of many past nightmare films although not surprising johnny depp isn't one of them.

my brother told me about this tonight and I ordered it with overnight shipping :)

I think that Johnny thinks he's too good for this...he's not

my brother told me about this tonight and I ordered it with overnight shipping :)

I think that Johnny thinks he's too good for this...he's not
I don't know about that cus wes craven mentioned in director's commentary for "Wes Craven's New Nightmare" that he was worried to ask johnny to be in the film and then johnny said to him if he had asked him he would have gladly appeared in the film. Oh in the first disc for Never Sleep Again they cover EVERY nightmare film including new nightmare and freddy vs jason and they even talk about the tv series!!

For the best that they didn't cast Depp. You can't really be scared of someone that famous. It'd detract too much, especially for this particular serious version of Freddy.

Incase you don't know what film i'm talking about of what wes was worried to ask johnny to be in it was to appear in "wes craven's new nightmare" which came out in 1994 to mark 10 years since the first nightmare film opened in theaters.

Wow was watching Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy and saw the reaction from wes and bob shaye on the nightmare remake and yeaaaah..... they seemed to be none too happy about it although robert englund on the other hand was a little more upbeat about it.

Wow was watching Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy and saw the reaction from wes and bob shaye on the nightmare remake and yeaaaah..... they seemed to be none too happy about it although robert englund on the other hand was a little more upbeat about it.

I got the DVD but I haven't had the chance to watch, definitely tonight though!

Can't believe they've remade this.. I always think its a bit odd when movies get remade...although sometimes they can be as good as if not better than the original.

I'm quite a fan of the series so I probably will go and see this. The trailer looked pretty good and succeeded in scaring me!

I saw it last weekend and it had some incredible nightmare sequences. I loved the first one and still prefer it but this didn't disappoint me at all.

Back