Votes: 34 26.8%
  • Dangerous

Votes: 48 37.8%
  • HIStory

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • Invincible

Votes: 14 11.0%

• Total voters
Interviews with Spike, Lisa Marie, Janet, Swedien, Foster, Bottrell, Wayne Isham, Mark Romanek, etc.

Janet - not gonna happen! It will be archive footage like Randy and Quincy. But again maybe it's better that way. She might say that MJ was drug addict!

Janet - not gonna happen! It will be archive footage like Randy and Quincy. But again maybe it's better that way. She might say that MJ was drug addict!

I thought this might be a problem but I still hope they can solve it because Scream is such an important piece even in her career. I don't think the last part of your post is an issue simply becausse movies are edited to what is releavant to the subject unlike TV interviews. It'll be her lost. The list of people who I think should be in it is long even without her. :)

The Estate shouldn't be forgiven just for saying they prefer HISTORY more than Thriller... they will only redeem my respect, if.. they release a live BAD Tour Blu-Ray or the post trial unreleased songs.

I'd be happy with another documentary about any of Michael's albums either way, but I'd very much prefer Dangerous or HIStory over Thriller. I don't think there's much left to talk about with Thriller. I'm still holding on to hope we'll get something for Dangerous25, but a HIStory documentary would be awesome too! Thinking back to what was shown at Brad's seminar alone, I'd love to have all of that on DVD! Especially him recording childhood, but also all the other studio footage, footage of him and Sean Lennon playing the theremin (that really cracked me up), him watching the choir rehearse, a demo of Smile.. so much amazing stuff :wild:!

The Estate shouldn't be forgiven just for saying they prefer HISTORY more than Thriller... they will only redeem my respect, if.. they release a live BAD Tour Blu-Ray or the post trial unreleased songs.

You are funny:)
If you wait long enough, Branca will be behind your doors begging forgiveness and he will personally deliver you Bad tour Blu-ray with some unreleased songs.

Something like nude Michael? :giggle:
What really was under that loincloth (or whatever it was), and how many of the staff got to see him naked/semi naked?:cheeky:
yes!!! I WANT IT! :woohoo: :dribble: :eek: I've always wondered, the scenes where he's standing in the water, is he completely naked? :eek: I want to see some footage from under the water :naughty:

I have no doubt that Michael was completely naked under that cloth. I've seen close ups. Michael was bare.
lol close ups of what? :lol: how can you tell he's naked under there unless you have x ray vision?

I was responding to the people talking about the You Are Not Alone video. It's my sarcasm that goes over people's heads a lot

lol wow, who peed in your wheatis?

Last edited by a moderator:
"We definitely want to do a third one," adds Branca. "Thriller would be a logical choice because it's the biggest-selling album in history, but I've always felt that Michael's History album was his most unappreciated. When you really listen to that album, start to finish, you can't help but be blown away at the quality of the music."
This would be awesome.

yes!!! I WANT IT! :woohoo: :dribble: :eek: I've always wondered, the scenes where he's standing in the water, is he completely naked? :eek: I want to see some footage from under the water :naughty:

lol close ups of what? :lol: how can you tell he's naked under there unless you have x ray vision?
. Close ups of pictures of him from the video. And if you really look, you can tell.

At least the ones who were involved in HIStory are possibly not that hostile towards the Estate as Quincy or Randy, so maybe we could hear more of them talking to Spike about the album than in OTW.

In my opinion every album deserves a documentary around it...

Why not re-release each album with the concert that coincides and special features can literally be the documentary.. Since MJ stuff seems to lack there.. Aside from THIS IS IT

As you can see MJJCommunity is not all fun and games. A lot of hard work and professionalism goes on around here
If it helps, I laughed.

I'm really glad they did both Bad25 (bc there was so little respect for the Album at the time) and OTW because very few people remember that glorious coming of age time, but I really would love an in-depth doc on History.

So very little press going on in the US had anything to do with the album. We had a decade of nothing but bad headlines so I would say most people know nothing about it except what they've figured out on their own. From what I've read on the Brad seminars he'd be the perfect person to organize the material and what should be discussed.
I think Spike could do a good job but this one would have to be dead serious and needs a serious filmmaker. Especially since the social issues that Michael was writing and singing about are just as relevant today. Or more so. I don't want it to be all about a giant statue floating down the Thames.

I'd want Dangerous too later. We didn't get much info about making that album either.

Re: Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

"Finish off at Thriller" what an insult!

I don't there much left to say anything new about Thriller. The last mini documentary it aired one or two years ago hosted by Ashley Banjo, we already knew that info. But HIStory was never taken seriously in Michael's lifetime, for the media it was more important the so called anti Semitic remarks on TDCAU than thinking outside the box trying to understand it was about injustice many people still go through because of the color of their skin.

And the fact, many of these so called music critics considered YANA the best song on the album made me cringe. Yes, I want to see behind the scenes of the short preferably ONLY Michael naked or little clothing but YANA is the safest and the most harmless songs on HIStory.

And the fact, many of these so called music critics considered YANA the best song on the album made me cringe.

Me too. But it was the harmless love song for the album, and critics probably enjoyed that. I still think it's funny how after what happened in 1993 people wanted Michael to go back to the care free Off The Wall days as if nothing ever happened

I don't there much left to say anything new about Thriller. The last mini documentary it aired one or two years ago hosted by Ashley Banjo, we already knew that info. But HIStory was never taken seriously in Michael's lifetime, for the media it was more important the so called anti Semitic remarks on TDCAU than thinking outside the box trying to understand it was about injustice many people still go through because of the color of their skin..
This is why I would really like to see the doc made very seriously. Any fool who actually listened to the song knew it was the opposite of anti-Semitic, but most people read the press and didn't listen to the song.

YANA would be ok if Lisa Marie gives a good interview. And smiles.

Luckily They Don't Care About Us is getting a lot more love now a days. It's Michael's 2nd most viewed video on youtube (Unless that's changed)

IMO Michael made a mistake re recording the song, it gave the impression he wanted to please his Jewish detractors rather than standing for what he believed originally.

I hope there isn't any limit on the amount of documentaries they create, they should create one for every album and era :)

Having said that, if I had to choose between one on HIStory or Thriller, I would definitely want to see a HIStory one!

That's good to know. But it looks like I shouldn't have joked about people taking naked Michael from You Are Not Alone so seriously. Naked Michael is serious business lol
you have no idea how serious :lol:

YANA would be ok if Lisa Marie gives a good interview. And smiles.
I do not want her to be interviewed about Michael, she has said enough about him

A History doc would be great, but even if its vague, they'd HAVE to address the controversies (as it was a big inspiration for the album).
Pretending it didn't exist is like ignoring the elephant in the room.

Invincible doc would be sad, and there's not much material there. No need for it tbh.

Dangerous would be perfect. The controversies happened more so at the end of the era, so they dont have to address it necessarily.

A History doc would be great, but even if its vague, they'd HAVE to address the controversies (as it was a big inspiration for the album).
Pretending it didn't exist is like ignoring the elephant in the room.
It would have to be handled in the right way and that's one of the main reasons I said it had to be a serious filmmaker. There are so many doubters out there.
Even tho Spike worked with him AFTER the allegations, he seems to want to steer clear of controversy.

Last edited:
And it would be better if someone else does the doc so they can interview HIM about TDCAU films.

Forgiven for what? They didn't say that "they prefer HISTORY more than Thriller". John Branca just said that he would prefer HIStory documentary over Thriller documentary to be the next documentary in the trilogy.

""We definitely want to do a third one," adds Branca. "Thriller would be a logical choice because it's the biggest-selling album in history, but I've always felt that Michael's History album was his most unappreciated."

You should read more carefully before you make such conclusions. And for your obsession with Bad Tour blu-ray; they can't release something on blu-ray if VHS is all they have!

At least the ones who were involved in HIStory are possibly not that hostile towards the Estate as Quincy or Randy, so maybe we could hear more of them talking to Spike about the album than in OTW.

Absolutely. I think everyone would be happy to do it except for Janet.

Back