AEG On Ticket Refunds - Only Through Authorized Outlets

That would be a complete rip-off for the fans in my opinion.

Not as much as just getting the ticket.

As fans I am sure we want to see the intended programmes and T-shirts for THIS IS IT. I think they will sell these seperatly.

At the end of the day they are a business and even though this tragedy has happened they will be looking to recoup costs. Just don't sell things at ridculous prices!

I don't think AEG will back. I also think its not a good idea to be kciking up a fuss with press as we have not even had GULP the funeral yet.

I don't know what to think - my head is in a mess right now. :no: We should not even be having this conversation....

i hope their tongue will fall out of their mouth with offering us these ridiculous things.
When they sent de tickets last week they also had te give us a full refund......the tickets are there and ready to sent.
Will they throw them away when we all say no to these hilarious ideas?
I really hope theu lose their tonque or hands doing us these proposals...

But i just want to know what theyre gonna do with the moeny, i really hope they put on tribute acts, but im thinkin the money might go to his children?

I really want my ticket tho

hey guys i really dont know why you are exegerating so much... AEG said following:

"It was also announced that fans will have the option to be sent the actual tickets they would have received to attend the shows in lieu of the full refunds which are being offered."

to me it sounds like you will get a refund even if you want the tickets, but you will not get the full price. i guess you have to pay the service charge maybe or whatever

hey guys i really dont know why you are exegerating so much... AEG said following:

"It was also announced that fans will have the option to be sent the actual tickets they would have received to attend the shows in lieu of the full refunds which are being offered."

to me it sounds like you will get a refund even if you want the tickets, but you will not get the full price. i guess you have to pay the service charge maybe or whatever

'in lieu' means 'instead of' so you can get either a ticket or a refund

This is disgusting playing on ppls emotions at a time like this especially the younger ones who would probably opt for the tkt instead of the refund.

Im not letting them take one dime of my money for their stinky tickets that they flog off the back of a dead man. Think about it people, they are exploiting us and they are exploiting michael. To my mind, I never made it to the concert, i dont need a souvenir of the concert that never was because he died. What a horrible souvenir! I am going to get the money off those pimps and use it for proper michael memorabilia or something like sponsoring a child through world vision. Something that would make michael proud, not make him sad.

I wonder if they ment, we will have them as well as a refund maybe?

the second article said 'in lieu of the FULL refund' perhaps if they say pay 20 quid to get it printed out but the rest is refunded then i could afford to do that. Otherwise, unforuntaly i need to pay my dad back. still got the confirmation email though!!! digital souvenir!

I really hope thats how its gonna happen.... I cant afford a 1600-pound card souvenir tho I really want it...:no:

the second article said 'in lieu of the FULL refund' perhaps if they say pay 20 quid to get it printed out but the rest is refunded then i could afford to do that. Otherwise, unforuntaly i need to pay my dad back. still got the confirmation email though!!! digital souvenir!

yeah thats what i also think... they will refund, but not the whole amount. lets see. nobody is forced to take that offer... so...

Jeez I wish people would learn and understand ENGLISH...

In lieu of Definition .......Instead of, in place of.

http://www.investorwords.com/2478/in_lieu_of.html

I.E, You either get refund or the ticket, No if or buts.

Jeez I wish people would learn and understand ENGLISH...

In lieu of Definition .......Instead of, in place of.

http://www.investorwords.com/2478/in_lieu_of.html

I.E, You either get refund or the ticket, No if or buts.

no need for you to be rude, right? keep cool.

i know that it means instead of! and instead of the full refund can also be half of the refund!

no need for you to be rude, right? keep cool.

i know that it means instead of! and instead of the full refund can also be half of the refund!
If they meant that, then they would have worded it different! But like this it's pretty much clear, either you get a full refund or you get a ticket! Nothing in between, unless they change their mind when people complain too much!

I really don't think they're going to take the full amount of the money for the ticket - I think they will take a certain amount, give the rest back and send the tickets as keepsakes.

I truely hope so!!

it says in lieu of FULL refund...meaning you won't get ALL your money back...but at least some of it...they can't excuse not giving your ANY of your money back for the piece of paper.... you dn't spend money to get paper you spend money to see a show..we don't get a show, then it's not worth all that money..so i'm sure you pay something for the tickets but you'll still be refunded somehing i'm sure..we'll just have to wait and see

That is true, right there. I'm trying to think positive again now. In lieu (instead of) a full refund. Surely, if having the ticket was going to be with no money back whatsoever, they would have said "in lieu of a refund".. I really, really hope this is true..

"Since he loved his fans in life, it is incumbent upon us to treat them with the same reverence and respect after his death."

Come on AEG, have some respect and do the right thing!!

Does anyone have a contact for Randy Philips or AEG? I really think we need to bombard them with emails saying how disgraceful it is that they're cashing in on Michael's death.

£75 is way too much to charge for a piece of card (however well designed it is). And what about VIP ticket holders? Are they supposed to fore go their full refund for a ticket too?

I truely hope so!!

That is true, right there. I'm trying to think positive again now. In lieu (instead of) a full refund. Surely, if having the ticket was going to be with no money back whatsoever, they would have said "in lieu of a refund".. I really, really hope this is true..

I get it know. You get either a full refund or a ticket plus some of your money. If they meant what I said before (ticket or full refund) there wouldn't be 'full' in the sentence.

I guess we will find out for sure tomorrow. Wouldn't do any harm to have an e-mail ready to go to Randy Phillips though. Just been watching the news & they are saying ticket or refund, not some some money back.

I am worried about foregoing a refund for 2 lenticular pics without the date & seats on them you paid for though.

Now when I thought about what AEG announced I realised that they won't give a full refund because of the shipping costs. It is possible that they take something for themselves.

But just like you say we have to wait...

Sky News just had an exclusive with Randy Phillips. He has confirmed:

- took 4 weeks for MJ to make a decision on which lenticular designs to use

- souvenir tickets for first 10 dates have already been printed with seat location etc

- souvenir tickets for remaining 40 dates were to be printed in due course

- if you have an order for 4 tickets you can get 1 x ticket and get the refund on the remaining 3 tickets.

The CEO of O2 was also interviewed and he confirmed that whoever is acting on behalf of Michael's estate agreed with the promoter, AEG, that fans could get the ticket in lieu of a refund.

- if you have an order for 4 tickets you can get 1 x ticket and get the refund on the remaining 3 tickets.

Does that mean if I have 2 I can get 1 ticket refunded and the other I can keep? :unsure:
Am I just having a dull moment and acting stupid? :lol:

yes^ however you will still pay £75 for it eventhough the service charge of £9.50 was for the production of the ticket. How is this being kind to the fans?

Does that mean if I have 2 I can get 1 ticket refunded and the other I can keep? :unsure:
Am I just having a dull moment and acting stupid? :lol:

Yes! Apparently AEG were working thru the weekend with the ticket agencies to ensure they could split the orders.

These things clearly aren't even the tickets, they're just hologram things that look a bit tacky - I seriously doubt MJ 'personally designed them'. At best he may have said 'yeah that's great, use it'.

There's no concert date, no seat number, terms and conditions.... It's just a daft hologram. They type of thing kids get free in comic books. If it was my ACTUAL ticket, with MY seat number on it then I would pay SOME money for it. But not £85, and certainly not that much for a mass produced piece of card.

Alright cause I want a ticket :yes: I dont care if it's going to cost me $124.10 for it but I want one :lol:

But see, those might have just been prototypes. Still your info could be printed on the back. It looks blank.

Yes! Apparently AEG were working thru the weekend with the ticket agencies to ensure they could split the orders.

This is good news! Dont know what date to get the tickets for.. i had opening night which i paid alot on viagogo for i think was £370 and then the rest were from ticketmaster for 17th august and 29th sept which were £170 for 2 which is a lot less to lose! lol. If it was from viagogo does that mean i would have to pay £370 for these souvenier tickets :O because thats just wrong! :(

These things clearly aren't even the tickets, they're just hologram things that look a bit tacky - I seriously doubt MJ 'personally designed them'. At best he may have said 'yeah that's great, use it'.

There's no concert date, no seat number, terms and conditions.... It's just a daft hologram. They type of thing kids get free in comic books. If it was my ACTUAL ticket, with MY seat number on it then I would pay SOME money for it. But not £85, and certainly not that much for a mass produced piece of card.

it is an actual ticket with details on it! the ones on tv were just to show people what they looked like!

He actually confirmed on the news just now the tickets have all the seating details etc on them.

Back