Announcement: Hollywood Tonight – Second Single - Announcement From Sony Page 26

MJultimatemusiclegen;3275698 said:
Most older artists have problems, but age was barely talked about when it came to MJ, he was too interesting to be ignored, we all know it.

you miss the point !

to sell a product, an artist has to be present in the medias.

MJ is not for some reasons...

if you don't make the buzz, you don't sell...no matter how good is your music....MJ always knew it....and you know it too.

loka;3275700 said:
you miss the point !

to sell a product, an artist has to be present in the medias.

MJ is not for some reasons...

if you don't make the buzz, you don't sell...no matter how good is your music....MJ always knew it....and you know it too.

No i'm not missing the point if you were refering to MJ's final years, when he had huge 'buzz' around him especially 2009. If your refering to after death then yes, he doesn't have much buzz :)

ok, so we don't really disagree...it's just that i'm less expecting than you do from the promotion...

lets' Hope they do their best now...

I thought the single was not released yet, so how could it possibly have charted already?

Roosje;3275708 said:
I thought the single was not released yet, so how could it possibly have charted already?

I don't really understand. It's being played on the radio since 14 februari but it hasn't been released yet? Can that be even possible?

Vlens;3276050 said:
I don't really understand. It's being played on the radio since 14 februari but it hasn't been released yet? Can that be even possible?

It's so called radio single. Radio stations got it to play.
Probably when the videos are being released, the song will be available to download.
I am not sure about physical release on CD.

I don't like the short radio version , they must use the full song like on the album like every MJ songs that were released as single ! Hollywood Tonight is also my favorite :)

The Lost Child;3276284 said:
It's so called radio single. Radio stations got it to play.
Probably when the videos are being released, the song will be available to download.
I am not sure about physical release on CD.

a, ok! Thanx. So it's actually normal it doesn't get high in the charts? Cause it isn't available for download...

Are they releasing a cd single for this, and Behind the Mask? And if soo, when? i've been trying to find out but really don't get enough time online these days =(

Ramzy;3276341 said:
I don't like the short radio version , they must use the full song like on the album like every MJ songs that were released as single !

What! I wish that were true but Who Is It, Will You be There, Jam, Earth Song, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' and more were all shorter, paler imitations of their album versions.

A radio version HAS to be shorter. between 3-4 min. Otherwise the radio will not play the song - and if they do they will just stop in the middle of the song after 4 min.
They can't play songs that are 7-8 min long.

Vlens;3277031 said:
a, ok! Thanx. So it's actually normal it doesn't get high in the charts? Cause it isn't available for download...

But isn't the original album version still available on itunes? Perhaps, the song will climb once the video is released and the song gets more airplay.

Its pleasing to see sony is allowing Michael Jackson's fans a taste of his music, and it was a shame after he passed there was almost no hope of new music from him again; its very nice what sony and the estate's doing for us.

donalb;3277618 said:
But isn't the original album version still available on itunes? Perhaps, the song will climb once the video is released and the song gets more airplay.

I knew it woudn't do well in the charts... i like the song but it misses something .... Behind the mask has a better chance to go high.
And monster ... monster will be a HUGE hit IMO

I'e heard it now once a day every day this week, all on Radio 2. I haven't listened to other stations so don't know about any of them.

Vici;3274711 said:
I also heard the song a few days ago on the radio where I live =)

Vlens;3277790 said:
I knew it woudn't do well in the charts... i like the song but it misses something .... Behind the mask has a better chance to go high.
And monster ... monster will be a HUGE hit IMO

I agree with you about BTM. It's a classic! While I respect and understand your feelings regarding Monster, I think it would be a big mistake to release this song regardless of how one feels about the authenticity of the vocals. It is a ticking bomb that could seriously damage all future projects. Re HT, so far I have only heard it once on the radio here in Belgium vs. the countless plays for Katy, Gaga, and Rihanna. Hopefully, things will pick up.

Last edited:
Tony R;3277331 said:
What! I wish that were true but Who Is It, Will You be There, Jam, Earth Song, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' and more were all shorter, paler imitations of their album versions.

Listen here to the full " RADIO EDIT " from " Hollywood Tonight "

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8n_ZiHD-rCE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D69U4RGjbrM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^Thanks for posting! Not bad! It seems that the version I heard on radio here in Belgium the other day was even more abbreviated which made it sound a bit strange. I like this full radio edit version you have posted here.

donalb;3280533 said:
^Thanks for posting! Not bad! It seems that the version I heard on radio here in Belgium the other day was even more abbreviated which made it sound a bit strange. I like this full radio edit version you have posted here.

???? On belgain radio another radio edit ??? This must be the original radio edit that they gonna use as single...

Ramzy;3280679 said:
???? On belgain radio another radio edit ??? This must be the original radio edit that they gonna use as single...

I agree. I heard it on NRJ. I think they just cut out a bit of the standard radio edit to fit into the segment they were doing that night. I don't think there is a second radio edit out there.

There's only one official Radio Edit for HT. Radio stations can of course abbreviate it to make the song fit into their playlists.

Actually benefits from a radio edit, removes half of that terrible spoken bridge.

OK, so when will it be released? I can't wait! I'm like a little child on Christmas eve waiting for Santa Claus. C'mon Sony, what's taking so long?

SimplyMagic;3286185 said:
OK, so when will it be released? I can't wait! I'm like a little child on Christmas eve waiting for Santa Claus. C'mon Sony, what's taking so long?

Tomorrow.

Back