Anybody going to Los Angeles Tuesday?

Are you going to LA?

• Yes

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 83.6%

• Total voters
I really don't think we need to PROVE to anybody how huge Michael is, the world is quite aware of that. If you are wondering if you should come to LA, well, of course when you have a ticket, then yes. Remember that without one, you really won't get anywhere close. Of course you can still come and hang out with other fans, share with them, maybe watch the TV feed together.

If a person isn't lucky enough to have a FREE ticket, can't one buy it in LA's Staples Arena?
Because they are only giving away 11000 tickets...which means there are still 9000 seats available (since the arena has 20000 seats).
Anyway, I can't go. But I would hate to see the media saying: "Few people attended the funeral. Nobody cares about Michael Jackson."

I think that only 11,000 tickets are being given away because you are allowed to bring someone which would take up the other 9000 seats.

i wouldve been going if i had got tickets... i had my hotel booked n everything.. just had to cancel n pay a damn $25 cancellation fee cuz i was 20 mins past their free cancellation time.. oh well...

-Dal

i've met and heard of so many registering, getting a ticket, and knowing they couldn't go. messed up, y'all.

ifu can't go, don't reg. too late now

I saw this somewhere:

"Over a million people applied for the lottery to get tickets for the Michael Jackson memorial service on Tuesday at the Staples Center. About 8,000 will get those tickets. But I'm willing to bet that 90% of those who signed up for the lottery did so for the purpose of selling those tickets and making money! But to stop scalping and profiting, the lottery winners will have to get a special wrist band when they pick up their tickets. This way, they cannot sell the tickets. The wrist bands cannot be tampered with in any way, or else they will deny entry.

And when you go to pick up your tickets and get a wrist band, you will required ID to prove you are the person who won the lottery. So all these people who entered the lottery so they can sell the tickets are now screwed."

Conclusion: Both the streets and the arena are going to be almost empty.

Back