Are There Any NHL Hockey Fans Here?

Re: any NHL Hockey fans on here

Wow a hockey thread!

The Halak trade was horrible!!! so horrible that im not mtl canadiens fans with Price in the net anymore.. and I bought like a habs jersey of Halak 2 months ago!!

Cmon !!!

Thats rough! Nothing worse than buying a guy's jersey and he gets traded.It's happening more and more though.I mean seriously if Halak's job wasn't safe i don't know who's is!

By the way if you ain't supporting the Habs who is your new team?

The Bruins got Nathan Horton and Gregory Campbell from Florida Panthers for Dennis Wideman.

Looks like Spezza is leaving the Sens...now i'm mad cause i got like 3 jerseys with his name on it...Grrr!

Nice pick up by the Bruins in my opinion!

Looks like Spezza is leaving the Sens...now i'm mad cause i got like 3 jerseys with his name on it...Grrr!

Nice pick up by the Bruins in my opinion!

They made a good move I admit, Wideman is a good player for the Bruins. My cousin maybe pissed off about Spezza, he's a Senators fan and he lives outside Ottawa.

Minnesota drafted Mikael Granlund! :wild: :D He has a bright future ahead.

I'm delighted the Oilers picked Hall...hopefully the firsts step towards getting the Oil back to the good times!

FUNERAL FOR PROBERT TO BE HELD FRIDAY IN WINDSOR

WINDSOR, Ont. -- A funeral for former NHL forward Bob Probert will be held in Windsor, Ont., on Friday.
Probert, one of the most feared fighters of his generation, died Monday after collapsing while boating with his family. He was 45.
An autopsy was conducted Tuesday and foul play is not suspected, according to a release from the Ontario Provincial Police's Essex County detachment. Autopsy results were not released.
Probert played for the Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks over his 16-year career.
His funeral is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. ET Friday at the Windsor Christian Fellowship church.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326790

This guy is only a couple of years older than me. R.I.P.:(

Probert is truly one of the greatest enforcers/fighters in the NHL. I've seen him play once in Timmins.

^ Haha cool!

Selänne will continue at least for a year in Anaheim! :clapping:

Good for the Ducks though. The arbitraitors voided Kovalchuk's 17 year contract with the Devils. Where's he gonna end up now? Any other team or the KHL? I hope he's not going to Montreal.

Good for the Ducks though. The arbitraitors voided Kovalchuk's 17 year contract with the Devils. Where's he gonna end up now? Any other team or the KHL? I hope he's not going to Montreal.
You're not a fan of his, eh? :p

You're not a fan of his, eh? :p

I didn't say that, well I'm not a big Habs fan, that I can say. Funny thing is that my dad is happy his contract with the Devils is voided.

Guys! Niemi brought the trophy to my home city and I got to touch it! Haha that was the coolest thing. And I got Niemi's autograph at the same time :)

Guys! Niemi brought the trophy to my home city and I got to touch it! Haha that was the coolest thing. And I got Niemi's autograph at the same time :)

Lucky you, you finally get to see the Stanley Cup. I saw the 3 times at the Hockey Hall Of Fame in Toronto, I wish the Cup goes to my hometown. If only my cosuin plays in the NHL he'd be a Cup Champion with I don't know where.

While we wait for the season to start in October, I thought we went to the past.

[YOUTUBE]i3a1WlEs-PE&[/YOUTUBE]

This from Game 4 of the Oilers vs Bruins game in 1988 at the Boston Garden, at 10:07, the Oilers tied the game by 3, the power at the Garden went out and game seized and went to Game 5 in Edmonton where the Oiler won the Stanley Cup.

Mike Modano signs with my Detroit Red Wings....my wife is PISSED OFF! She hates the Wings. She was hoping he'd either retire as a Dallas Star, or sign with the San Jose Sharks, or the Minnesota Wild (we both kinda wanted to see him return to Minnesota)

I'm loving the signing. Wonder what her reaction will be if the Wings win it all this upcoming season? lol

I wanted to share this video. My wife showed me this.......awesome fight...best 1 I've ever seen.

Mike Modano signs with my Detroit Red Wings....my wife is PISSED OFF! She hates the Wings. She was hoping he'd either retire as a Dallas Star, or sign with the San Jose Sharks, or the Minnesota Wild (we both kinda wanted to see him return to Minnesota)

I'm loving the signing. Wonder what her reaction will be if the Wings win it all this upcoming season? lol

I don't blame her, I wasn't happy last year that Phil Kessel goes to Toronto, I do love the Leafs though as my favourite Canadian team, but thanks to the trade the Bruins got Tyler Seguin.

I wanted to share this video. My wife showed me this.......awesome fight...best 1 I've ever seen.

Just one punch? Wow. Well check this fight out.

[YOUTUBE]gjZbNtzsQFY[/YOUTUBE]

Looks like the Bruins found themselves the next Cam Neely.

Willie Mitchell signed with the Kings I think. the already overrated canucks D will will miss him.

I found more fighting videos, check some out from the great Don Cherry

Part 1
[YOUTUBE]-bVQS5c4udg[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2
[YOUTUBE]cnsxPeYiITQ[/YOUTUBE]

Part 3
[YOUTUBE]-3RgqG-hJcQ&[/YOUTUBE]

Part 4 (Last One)
[YOUTUBE]voQo1OwHD58&[/YOUTUBE]

On the 3rd video at 5:33-6:15 is who I love to watch fight, PJ Stock of the Boston Bruins (currently working with CBC's Hockey Night in Canada).

My wife loves watching Hockey Night just to see what wild outfit Don Cherry is wearing.

Man some of those outfits........Uff Da! lol

My wife loves watching Hockey Night just to see what wild outfit Don Cherry is wearing.

Man some of those outfits........Uff Da! lol

She has great taste, my dad and I love watching "Coach's Corner" during Hockey Night in Canada on CBC. He knows what's best for hockey, I would love to do what he does, I can take his job.

I love Don Cherry.Did ya see the 2 part TV show on his life? It was awesome! So well made...wished it had've gone on for longer.

I'm currently half way through his book and i don't want it to end!

I love Don Cherry.Did ya see the 2 part TV show on his life? It was awesome! So well made...wished it had've gone on for longer.

I'm currently half way through his book and i don't want it to end!

You mean a movie about him? No, I didn't see part 2 which have the scene with his son Tim sick needing a transplant, coaching with my favourite team the Boston Bruins, while coaching with the Bruins the "Too Many Men On Ice" story comes up right? I only saw part 1 and it was good. You have his book, I wanna get that book.

Speaking of "Too Many Men On Ice", I found an old tape that I think my dad recorded during the 79' Playoff game with the Bruins and the Canadiens, I guess my dad wasn't happy with that penalty and caused the Bruins the game and cause Grapes his coaching job with Bruins. I found a footage of Grapes recalling his story about the game.

[YOUTUBE]Qm0Gj5_zEnc&[/YOUTUBE]

Great footage :) It's a shame he never won the cup with anyone.

I tell ya i'd love if he was still coaching.Imagine how entertaining it would be? lol

Yeah I agree, if the penalty never happened the Bruins would've beat the Habs, advances to the Finals with the New York Rangers and beat them, they would've won their 6th Cup. My dad and I never get a chance to witness the Bruins winning the Cup, but my dad watches the Bruins go at it with the Oilers at Finals twice. Which I have Game 1 of the 90' Playoffs from the Edmonton Oilers DVD, the same game when the Garden got a power failure again, but the game delayed for half an hour, I'm glad I get to see that game.

Say Dublinproud, did you hear that the Bruins are playing in your country this year?

Back