Are there other Ver. of Bad (25) Songs?

threepea11

Proud Member
So I know that Streetwalker has 2 other Ver. and DBMR has like a gazillion, but do songs like Price of Fame have another Version? I think I heard somewhere it did. Also, was the Ver. of Bad in the music vid recorded especially for the music video? And if so, is it in the archives with the Jimmy Smith Solo?

So I know that Streetwalker has 2 other Ver. and DBMR has like a gazillion, but do songs like Price of Fame have another Version? I think I heard somewhere it did. Also, was the Ver. of Bad in the music vid recorded especially for the music video? And if so, is it in the archives with the Jimmy Smith Solo?
To my knowledge the music video version of Bad is just an early version of the song, Michael started filming his short films before he even finished the songs themselves, this was also the case with Smooth Criminal (we have footage in which we can hear MJ and the other dancers are actually dancing to an earlier version of the song lol)

There's also a more complete version of PoF but I don't know much about that one, someone else can answer this with more detail.

I'll always question the Estate for not releasing the most up-to-date version of demos, they've done the same thing for plenty of songs on Xscape and Thriller 40.
Estate releases songs that are literally demos, minus a few

Estate releases songs that are literally demos, minus a few
Yeah but why wouldn't they go for the most complete version of the demo? It makes no sense for them to go for the inferior version. It's like if MJ released the 1979 demo of WBSS on Thriller instead of the complete version.

Has there been confirmation that a "final" version exists? The pepsi version of the track just sounds the exact same apart from different vocals does it not?

Has there been confirmation that a "final" version exists? The pepsi version of the track just sounds the exact same apart from different vocals does it not?
I think the Pepsi Ver. Is the same session, Quincy mixed I later though I may be wrong

Yeah but why wouldn't they go for the most complete version of the demo? It makes no sense for them to go for the inferior version. It's like if MJ released the 1979 demo of WBSS on Thriller instead of the complete version.
Probably because the Estate and Quincy still are on bad terms.

I think they can surprise us with quite a few alternate and extended versions of any song he ever did. I think it is pretty normal, a movie has cut scenes so does music.

Somehow I don't think we'll know the full extent of how many tracks received Quincy's final polishing until after he passes, which is very sad. It's also a shame we couldn't have enjoyed songs like Hot Street, Nightline and Carousel back in 1983 by having them included as b-sides on some of the Thriller singles. Eg, Billie Jean/Hot Street; Beat It/Nightline; Human Nature/Carousel. It's a shame we have to wait decades to hear these songs when we could have enjoyed them back in the 80s. Re: Bad, I would love to hear any existing Quincy finalisations of songs like Price Of Fame; Streetwalker etc

Last edited:
Somehow I don't think we'll know the full extent of how many tracks received Quincy's final polishing until after he passes, which is very sad. It's also a shame we couldn't have enjoyed songs like Hot Street, Nightline and Carousel back in 1983 by having them included as b-sides on some of the Thriller singles. Eg, Billie Jean/Hot Street; Beat It/Nightline; Human Nature/Carousel. It's a shame we have to wait decades to hear these songs when we could have enjoyed them back in the 80s.
You can thank Michael's and Quincy's philosophy of "B-Sides are for p*****s" for that lol

Back