are u still crying when u listen to mj's songs ?

i cry so hard when i listen to YANA or man in the mirror or his other moving, inspiring, emotional songs, may he rest in peace

There is a good number of his songs that I had once loved. Back when we still had but now I have a strong hatred towards them now. Like GTS, Jam and MITM. GTS for the most obvious reason. It was the performance of Jam. Was when I had gotten the worst news ever about him. I went to go put the 6:30 pm news on. Because I had wanted to see what they had to say about Farah Fawcett. Who I knew died that day. And I was totally not expecting to see Michael's Jam performance and then the years. It still tends to upset so very bad when I think about it. Even now I still absolutely refused to see or hear anything that has to with Jam. I tried to pretend that song never even existed. Not just that I hate seeing or hearing about Michael Jordan. Because of the fact that he was in that video with Michael. The same goes for MITM. Ever since that horrible July date of that horrible year. That song has remain 100% pure poison to me. And it is a shame too since they were 2 of my most played MJ songs back when we still had him. I just don't understand how the fans on here can still listen to MITM. While knowing full damn well that song was play on what was shown on tv. Back during that horrible July date of that horrible year. Just even thinking about it now still tends to make me cry. I have other MJ songs that are like those 3 that I refuse to listen to anymore. The one is HCW and that is for a very obvious reason. Which is main reason why his 2001 album does not exist to me. Since I don't want to have anything more to do with that nameless album.:( :boohoo

"When you want to be close to me, listen to the music. The love is stored there, and will not die." ~ Michael Jackson

That quote got me. I don't believe Michael would have wanted us to be ripped apart or sad when listening to his music, just the opposite as a matter of fact. His message was always love, he wanted to bring joy to people through his music.

That being said, Stranger In Moscow and Will You Be There, they always make me emotional, especially Stranger since we know that was such a horrible time for MJ.

MITM, that one gets me every time, but not with sadness. It's an anthem to live by, a song of hope, a song of inspiration. It's the song that has always made me proud of MJ, proud to be a fan, it's timeless.

I can't imagine hating an MJ song, that is completely foreign to me. I don't even like using the word "hate", however, I do have anger that Michael had so much more to give, so much more life to live, and that was taken away from him. I guess my hatred is reserved for the people involved in hurting him, especially in '93 and '03, I hope they have eternally tortured souls for what they did.

I do get emotional watching things in present time, seeing his brothers touring brings me down a bit, not that Michael would have toured with them, but them on stage without Michael is like seeing a Christmas Tree with no lights. Seeing his children, he is proud I'm sure, but he should be here to share their lives, that hurts a lot.

I guess it will always be bittersweet for me, but I'm grateful to have shared a moment in time when we had him, to be old enough to remember the thrill and anticipation of each new album, song, video, concert, interview, etc. Very, very grateful to have had those moments that I will always carry within me.

"When you want to be close to me, listen to the music. The love is stored there, and will not die." ~ Michael Jackson

That quote got me. I don't believe Michael would have wanted us to be ripped apart or sad when listening to his music, just the opposite as a matter of fact. His message was always love, he wanted to bring joy to people through his music.

That being said, Stranger In Moscow and Will You Be There, they always make me emotional, especially Stranger since we know that was such a horrible time for MJ.

MITM, that one gets me every time, but not with sadness. It's an anthem to live by, a song of hope, a song of inspiration. It's the song that has always made me proud of MJ, proud to be a fan, it's timeless.

I can't imagine hating an MJ song, that is completely foreign to me. I don't even like using the word "hate", however, I do have anger that Michael had so much more to give, so much more life to live, and that was taken away from him. I guess my hatred is reserved for the people involved in hurting him, especially in '93 and '03, I hope they have eternally tortured souls for what they did.

I do get emotional watching things in present time, seeing his brothers touring brings me down a bit, not that Michael would have toured with them, but them on stage without Michael is like seeing a Christmas Tree with no lights. Seeing his children, he is proud I'm sure, but he should be here to share their lives, that hurts a lot.

I guess it will always be bittersweet for me, but I'm grateful to have shared a moment in time when we had him, to be old enough to remember the thrill and anticipation of each new album, song, video, concert, interview, etc. Very, very grateful to have had those moments that I will always carry within me.

I agree with what you have said so much. I struggle with the albums released after his death as I know he would not want us to hear them without them being finished his way. I still have them, but they don't sit comfortably with me and I don't 'feel' them the way I do his other albums.

I wholeheartedly agree that MITM is an anthem to live by. It is very special to me. I have been under Michael's spell since I was four years old. I was 9 when Bad came out. I first listened to MITM alone in my room and it spoke to me. It really made a huge impact on me and how I live my life. Michael gave me that. And no one can take it away.

I struggle with the sadness I feel and you have really shone a light on that for me with your last paragraph. We really were so lucky to have him and to grow up with him and have all those things to look forward to. I was even lucky enough to see him live, twice. I should try to be grateful instead of sad. It is hard sometimes though. Great post. Thank you so much x

Ah, you were just a baby!! Lol!!! I was 13 for Off The Wall, 16 for Thriller and 21 for Bad!! I feel old!!

I have mixed emotions about the albums released posthumously. Michael was such a perfectionist, perhaps to a fault, we know he didn't want anything to got out unless it was "perfect", and he always said he was never completely satisfied, always thought something could be better. However, to let songs we would be thrilled to hear, "perfect" or not, just sit in vaults seems a waste to me. I want to believe that Michael wouldn't mind us hearing those songs if they were released in a way that adhered to his standards, perhaps with people he enjoyed working with putting finishing touches on them, or even in their "raw" state.

We, as fans, don't want perfection from him, I hope he knows that. We just want to bask in the musical joy he created, to feel the power of his talents, to once again groove out to his lush vocals. To feel the L.O.V.E. !!!!

You are so fortunate to have seen him twice!!! I never got to see him in concert sadly. A dear friend of mine and I were trying to get tickets for TII and make a grand vacation of it (I'm in the U.S., so no small trip). Sadly, TII never happened, so neither did our trip.

It is what it is. He always wanted his music to be forever, for generations to come, to be part of history. I believe he has accomplished that without a doubt. He left his mark on this world, nobody will ever do what he had done.

I don't cry listening to his songs as I normally put the more upbeat ones on while dancing around the house with the hoover. I do get upset watching documentaries and you tube clips of him though when he's laughing and smiling as I think it's just a shame that he had to disappear. I love watching them but hate thinking about all the sadness he went through in his life ?

well, another brave reply here lol :blush:

One day, I just discovered other Music with no 'memories' attached to it and it made me feel better so I've come to the point that I simply don't listen to any MJ songs anymore *Hides in corner*

Yeah, the 'odd' one on the radio and then I go all 'mellow' :( but I have found other ways to 'honor' Michael that doesn't put me in a crying fix. I love watching GIFS ;) They always bring a smile :)

:mj2:

Aww, it's sad that listening to him still makes you so upset, but I'm glad you found an outlet.

I read a book not long ago that reminded me so much of your writings. I go back often and re-read your FF. Great stuff!!

Back