Atheist thread

Man, you really dug into that.
God forbid we expand this topic after 30 pages, because this thread is only for those who don't believe in one super specific type of nonsense.
Naaah, let's just continue spamming anti religious memes for another 30 pages while polishing our crystals and soaking up the moon's energy. Because that's science, right!
It’s pretty clear from the title what this thread is about. Why don’t you start your own thread if you’re not happy with the topic of this one?

It’s pretty clear from the title what this thread is about. Why don’t you start your own thread if you’re not happy with the topic of this one?
Ok.
I'm very happy with the topic of this thread, I was just naively thinking that people who don't believe in gods have the capacity to apply rational thinking to other areas of life as well. Silly me.
The hypocrisy and double standards were poined out. Not much more we can do here. Pick and choosing is human nature so enjoy your religion bashing under the power of the full moon's positive energy.
Peace.

I don´t understand why some atheists are being so mad about religion. It is fine with me if atheists criticise or discuss. But some comments here leave me speechless and a bit sad.

Actually, as a Christian, I think discussing the idea of religion with atheists is a good thing, but we should respect each other. Personally, I do not like the concept of missionary and I have my doubts in my belief. But doubt is part of believing, IMO.

If religion makes people fear God / be afraid of God, that is a really bad thing, I experienced this as a child. When I grew up people used fear of God to raise kids. It still affects me today.

That’s what they say where I am from. Rice pudding everyday eaten with golden spoons!
So you were raised in a fairy tale castle, I guess lolol.
I was told as a kid that deceased people can watch their beloved ones from heaven. I was terrified! lol

So you were raised in a fairy tale castle, I guess lolol.
I was told as a kid that deceased people can watch their beloved ones from heaven. I was terrified! lol
I hope they’re not watching me from above cause they will look at me weirdly when I join them later on 🤭

To expand a little on this topic.
Saying how you're an atheist for organized religions is easy nowadays. But are you able to stretch that idea to other topics as well?

For me atheism is much more than not believeing in a god. it's also not believing in positive energy, horoscope, power of crystals, power of the moon, karma, reincarnation, tarot reading, ghosts, etc.
I think that in the absence of classical religions, the modern human had to replace it with all this new age nonsense to fill the gap.

Interesting link...
Though I think atheism's scope is indeed about the existence or not of god(s).
At wider scope some would talk of critical mind, skepticism (though this is sometimes a double-edged word), logic (in the sense that strict logic requires those claim something to show proof of what they claim), materialism (maybe), rationalism...

And I'm not so convinced that organised religions are a thing from the past... (edit: then, randomly, I just watched a video where someone mentioned that atheists are statistically the most discriminated group on Earth).

Last edited:
I don´t understand why some atheists are being so mad about religion. It is fine with me if atheists criticise or discuss. But some comments here leave me speechless and a bit sad.

I guess a few things tend to explain extreme behaviours:
- Behind a screen it's easier to think that what one thinks is right and that others will/should think she same.
- Being surrounded by people/communities who think the same (other atheists in this case) and joking about the others.
- Or on the opposite hand, being confronted to other extreme people from the god-believer side...

Last edited:
DY1zMpdXUAA7g3_.jpg

Well, we (as Christians, for example) BELIEVE, we do not KNOW.

I often ask myself, how did the Universe begin? If there was a Big Bang, where did it come from? All that creative energy?

Do science and a "God" really contradict each other?

It's not uncommon to hear believers says something like "I believe because I know it's true." (And sometimes they may add something like "You couldn't understand.") In that case, "believe" takes a very much affirmative meaning.

Science does not contradict the concept of God... but, 2 things:
- Science expects things to be proven... otherwise they remain hypothesis and not truth or knowledge.
- Science always questions its own truth and refines them when old truths are proven wrong/obsolete by new provable facts/discoveries.
So, no, science doesn't forbid people to think of God in the unproven part of ideas... But it may be in contradiction with any immutable aspects in religious beliefs... I would say science doesn't directly contradicts beliefs in God(s) but they don't always mix well.

Last edited:
I'm not an atheist so obviously I disagree. But I don't see why we blame God for things humans do. Are we supposed to blame God because cars break down and fires burn and people are racist? This is the human world and these things are all due to humans. Just accept that.

Except for babies, which is painful, and a whole different discussion.

I'm not an atheist so obviously I disagree. But I don't see why we blame God for things humans do. Are we supposed to blame God because cars break down and fires burn and people are racist? This is the human world and these things are all due to humans. Just accept that.

Except for babies, which is painful, and a whole different discussion.
It's not about blaming god for doing anything, but blaming him for doing nothing. If god exist, why don't he intervene and help out a little more? If he's powerful enough to to create the world in 7 days, he should be powerful enough to help us instead of just sitting idly by. So yes, if he exist, he's a dick. But he probably doesn't which is why he don't/can't do anything

Last edited:
It's not about blaming god for doing anything, but blaming him for doing nothing. If god exist, why don't he intervene and help out a little more? If he's powerful enough to to create the world in 7 days, he should be powerful enough to help us instead of just sitting idly by. So yes, if he exist, he's a dick. But he probably doesn't which is why he don't/can't do anything
Help out a little more? Then were would you draw the boundaries?

Why are you so aggressive? Tbh it hurts me to see your posts.
this is an atheist thread, I post atheist stuff. I know the truth can hurt your feelings...but maybe you should stay out of it if you can't handle the truth? There's a christian thread somewhere on this forum, maybe you should go visit that instead?

this is an atheist thread, I post atheist stuff. I know the truth can hurt your feelings...but maybe you should stay out of it if you can't handle the truth? There's a christian thread somewhere on this forum, maybe you should go visit that instead?
Well, i can handle your truth but i don't approve of aggression. It's just negative energy and prevents discussions. Also, i didnt think atheism included a vendetta against religions/Christians.

Well, i can handle your truth but i don't approve of aggression. It's just negative energy and prevents discussions. Also, i didnt think atheism included a vendetta against religions/Christians.
It's not aggression, it's the truth. The same goes for your vendetta comment

If you wanna know why, probably you gotta read the book attributed to him. I don't see the point in believing in a god and not also the rest of it, holy books and all others. Maybe that's where the divide sets in. I'm sure that leads to a whole other angle with you, though.

Anyway, if God is invisible, then technically we'd never know what he was doing. Maybe he is doing a lot? Maybe there's no point in short term when we need the long term fixes. Maybe Satan is also there and doing just as much to harm us. Maybe, again, place a blame on humans and how they cause so many of our problems.

At the end of the day, logic. Counts for something

Anyway, if God is invisible, then technically we'd never know what he was doing. Maybe he is doing a lot? Maybe there's no point in short term when we need the long term fixes. Maybe Satan is also there and doing just as much to harm us. Maybe, again, place a blame on humans and how they cause so many of our problems.

[Stupid joke mode: on] Yeah, if God exists we can't be sure if, for him Earth is a more like a city builder, a colony sim, an adventure FPS, a voxel builder, a grand strategy Excel sheets sim, a pure sandbox experimental thing, or any other kind of simulation... And maybe he got bored with it... Especially since the multiplayer mode got limited to certain countries.[/Stupid joke mode: off]

Last edited:
Back