BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the logo.

My main goal is the 3 disc box-set DVD of the Bad Tour (1st disc- Rome 88', 2nd disc- Wembley 88' and 3rd disc- Los Anglese 89' with each bonuses) let's not forget the Blu-Ray version too. I also wanted the Bad 25 album (with unreleased songs included) and maybe an official Bad 25 pic book. But if they don't release the Bad Tour on DVD and Blu-Ray, my Bad 25 plan will be ruined, then I'll be very angry and I will hate Sony forever.

I could not agree more.

I would precise for the unreleased songs : please give us as they are - no auto tune. Etc...

Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

Will Spike Lee's piece contain footage of Michael in the studio working on the Bad album? If it did,:dropdead:

Will Spike Lee's piece contain footage of Michael in the studio working on the Bad album? If it did,:dropdead:

I hope so, is my dream to watch MJ record Bad, Dirty Diana, Man In The Mirror, The Way You Make Me Feel... and JGF, i don't like the song that much, but imagine MJ and Stevie recording together, MUST BE EPIC!

I find the logo way too simple, almost tasteless, imagination isn't their strong point as I see. They are so predictable.
And what's that thing going on with the crown, are they really gonna stick one on every album cover they design?

As much as I'd like to see footage of MJ recording songs on the Bad album, I'm not expecting it. I've read a few times about how he would turn the lights off in the room he was recording in, and there wasn't usually cameras rolling when he recorded.

I hope so, is my dream to watch MJ record Bad, Dirty Diana, Man In The Mirror, The Way You Make Me Feel... and JGF, i don't like the song that much, but imagine MJ and Stevie recording together, MUST BE EPIC!

This is true...BUT, I think seeing them record 'Get It' would be even more epic...All of Michael's ad libbing??? :dropdead:

@saveNRG
I think that he had that tradition when he was recording HIStory ... Bruce Swedien wrote that in his book.

@saveNRG
I think that he had that tradition when he was recording HIStory ... Bruce Swedien wrote that in his book.

It's true he recorded a lot in the dark, but I believe there's a lot more good studio footage of him than we know...That's what I think anyway ;) It's just a matter of if we're ever gonna see it...That's the treasure right there, the real good stuff :D

Jackson_popcorn.gif

I think this is Sony's last chance to make peace with the fans, because if they screw up again, the fans are gonna boycott everything else that they release in the future.

OMG I would die if i ever got the chance to watch michael record THE WAY YOU MAKE ME FEEL that would be so hot :dropdead:

I think this is Sony's last chance to make peace with the fans, because if they screw up again, the fans are gonna boycott everything else that they release in the future.

I totally agree with you on that cuz sony have stuffed up so many times its hard to put alot of faith in them

Something they could do is release the anniversary edition with the original album mixes, the original single remixes like the extended mix of Bad, demos and unreleased studio tracks. They could do new remixes but leave them as singles. For example, re-release Smooth Criminal and on the new single, have the original 1987 version then the new 2012 remix. They could use both versions to promote the album.

imagejpeg

Is this from the Bad sessions? Looks like it, lights on, COME ON SONY!

Im not sure if the pic works, I'm on my iPad at the moment :)

I agree with that and like I said if they don't give us what we want, then we'll really boycott on them.

If not, I just google searched "Michael Jackson in the Studio" and I got a few results from Bad sessions

hello everyone,i don't post much ,but i just wanted to say that it'll be amazing if they do as much as possible to make smooth criminal #1...so BAD album will become the only album with 6 #1's...
my perfect BAD package would be
-Bad tour (wembley or LA second leg,if both even better,with rehearsal material,mj in the studio as bonus..this could be a 3 disc special edition OR just 2 disc dvd WITH ONLY wembley or LA AND BONUS MATERIAL AND just 1 disc dvd with either wembley or LA NO BONUS MATERIAL...SO hardcore fans (me) will purchase 3 disc dvd or 2 disc dvd whatever sony decides to release and regular fans or music lovers or just regular people will purchase just 1 disc dvd....
-BAD album , 2 cds ,1 cd all original songs, 2nd cd with 6 unreleased awesome songs, and 3 remix songs (actually i don't really care about the remix songs...but could work...who knows....
and once again for hardcore fans a special edition with 2 more unreleased song and 3 more remixes (I know it's too much...but that's my dream bad album)
Sony better make it right this time,as someone said before this is their last chance to make it right...if they don't do it right this time...i won't support them anymore...PLEASE SONY DO NOT DISAPPOINT US , if all of us (fans) unite and support this, we can make this really BIG...i know MANY fans didn't buy "michael" and it had a huge effect on its sales...what could have been a huge album was reduced to a album with mediocre sales...and it was sony's fault that many fans didn't support it...
hopefully this will change...

I really like the logo.

My main goal is the 3 disc box-set DVD of the Bad Tour (1st disc- Rome 88', 2nd disc- Wembley 88' and 3rd disc- Los Anglese 89' with each bonuses) let's not forget the Blu-Ray version too. I also wanted the Bad 25 album (with unreleased songs included) and maybe an official Bad 25 pic book. But if they don't release the Bad Tour on DVD and Blu-Ray, my Bad 25 plan will be ruined, then I'll be very angry and I will hate Sony forever.

A 3 disc box-set DVD/Blu-Ray would be AMAZING! I doubt I'll happen though but I'd probably jizz my pants if they'd do one with NYC (all live vocals), Wembley (cause, ya know) and LA (my personal fav).

I find the logo way too simple, almost tasteless, imagination isn't their strong point as I see. They are so predictable.
And what's that thing going on with the crown, are they really gonna stick one on every album cover they design?

I definitely agree with you.

I see some people here think that threatening and boycotting talk and bashing logo art is going to work. I think it is not clever. Here's the expression "you can't catch flies with vinegar". I think there's nothing good in starting with such anger already.

A 3 disc box-set DVD/Blu-Ray would be AMAZING! I doubt I'll happen though but I'd probably jizz my pants if they'd do one with NYC (all live vocals), Wembley (cause, ya know) and LA (my personal fav).

MSG depends on date :D March 5 (amateur audio is leaked of that concert) isn't entirely live. March 3 is entirely live.
Also why so many people want LA? :) Yeah, Michael looked cooler, show had some tweaks, probably dance was better. But his voice wasn't good :/ Just listen to MITM for example. IMO it's great concert, but not my fave at least.

^ I didn't see anyone threatining to boycot the project because of the logo?

What I expect from this in chronological order:

1. BAD Album with the old songs along with 4-5 new unreleased BAD era songs.

2. The Spike Lee documentary (warm up for the concert)

3. The concert on DVD/Blu Ray

That's how I see it.

But what I really wished for would be even 1 or 2 more concerts like the boxet mentioned in the thread. I would also like some BAD era session footage which def. exists. Michael didn't always record in the dark, we got pics and vids proving just that.

I see some people here think that threatening and boycotting talk and bashing logo art is going to work. I think it is not clever. Here's the expression "you can't catch flies with vinegar". I think there's nothing good in starting with such anger already.
Although I do not really have a problem with the logo myself, I think people who dislike it have every right to voice their opinion.

^ I didn't see anyone threatining to boycot the project because of the logo?
That I didn't say Pentum.

@ Andreita. Where did I say it is because of the logo? Some people want sony to follow exactly their wishes, and try to make them do that by talking of boycot. (And what about fans with perhabs different wishes?) I am sorry if I didn't quote the posts... I thought I did not like to because it were several persons that agreed with the idea of initial poster, so I had to quote them all.

@ SoCav. They have the right to voice their opinion, no problem with that.

Last edited:

^ Then I misunderstood you. I still didn't see any saying they will boycottit (other than IF they release Yokohama, which if happens, I will boycott). I just see people who are happy for this release and people who are happy, but doesnt like the logo.

Michael was a perfectionist and so are many of his fans.

^ Then I misunderstood you. I still didn't see any saying they will boycottit (other than IF they release Yokohama, which if happens, I will boycott).
Yes, that's what I said.

>" I just see people who are happy for this release and people who are happy, but doesnt like the logo.

Michael was a perfectionist and so are many of his "

>That's OK.

(sorry for mobile modus)

-BAD album , 2 cds ,1 cd all original songs, 2nd cd with 6 unreleased awesome songs, and 3 remix songs (actually i don't really care about the remix songs...but could work...who knows....
and once again for hardcore fans a special edition with 2 more unreleased song and 3 more remixes (I know it's too much...but that's my dream bad album)

I agree. I would love the "Bad25" album to be like what is described in the above quote.

Last edited:

Not too concerned about what the logo looks like, more interested in what we may have to look forward to. x

When do you guys think Sony/The Estate will do an announcement for BAD 25 album/ Bad Tour concert release? ^^

End of this month I think.

When do you guys think Sony/The Estate will do an announcement for BAD 25 album/ Bad Tour concert release? ^^

I think early August or late July 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back