Blood On The Dance Floor 2017 [Music video]

Okay. What did I watch? WHY DID THE ESTATE THINK THIS WAS NECESSARY??

That was it? Pretty lame. I’m not one to say a lot of negative things but if we say everything is good they will continue to make lame things like this. How about unseen footage from the shoot alternate video with just MJ. Maybe it’s to promote MJ One who knows but I’m not going to say its good or watch it again when I can watch the original video.

Originally is was created to push sales of the Scream Album but was postponed after the shooting in Vegas. The MJOne performance was to celebrate his birthday. I guess they just thought it would be a nice Christmas gift.

The Estate must be more focused on the art of the dance, instead of the message of the song. Later that evening, Riley learned someone was shot on the dance floor at the party he had skipped. He was shaken. At just 23 years of age, violence and death were already becoming a recurring theme in his life. Within that same year, his half-brother and best friend both had also been murdered.

But what was really amazing was how he pre-meditated the energy of the song. He knew what it was about even before I told him what happened that night. I've never witnessed anything or anyone as powerful as Michael."

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...ood-on-the-dance-floor-15-years-later/254877/

The year was 1990. Maybe the 2017 version is more about 'happy feet' than what was taking place in society. And haven't times changed even more violently since 1990. How a man, not much older than Michael, if Michael had lived, decided to commit the biggest mass murder to date from the Mandalay Bay Hotel. Even more "Blood On The Dance Floor." Michael used dance to express his message's in his song's.

Someone who have watched the video when the Estate invited him around September told me that the music used in the video will be a new remix by the ONE Team. However, it turned out to be only an edit of Album Version. Anyone who can use sound editing softwares like Audition can do this. Totally disappointed. What happened to the multitrack snippets they used in the 6 trailers? Or there will be an extended and remixed video? I would like to see the unreleased 8mm Switchblade Remix video (which is Michael's favorite version) in high quality. In my opinion, 8mm Switchblade Remix video > Number Ones video > Refugee Camp Remix video> 2017 ONE Cast video.

Last edited:
The Estate must be more focused on the art of the dance, instead of the message of the song. Later that evening, Riley learned someone was shot on the dance floor at the party he had skipped. He was shaken. At just 23 years of age, violence and death were already becoming a recurring theme in his life. Within that same year, his half-brother and best friend both had also been murdered.

But what was really amazing was how he pre-meditated the energy of the song. He knew what it was about even before I told him what happened that night. I've never witnessed anything or anyone as powerful as Michael."

https://www.theatlantic.com/enterta...ood-on-the-dance-floor-15-years-later/254877/

The year was 1990. Maybe the 2017 version is more about 'happy feet' than what was taking place in society. And haven't times changed even more violently since 1990. How a man, not much older than Michael, if Michael had lived, decided to commit the biggest mass murder to date from the Mandalay Bay Hotel. Even more "Blood On The Dance Floor." Michael used dance to express his message's in his song's.

Hello, I've removed your video from your post as it was the vegas shooting which we know you probably didn't originally post.

By all means edit your post with the correct video.

Regards
Team MJJCommunity.

I enjoyed it. Every year they pick a song and create an original dance for his birthday. This time they edited it with the original video and it worked well.
And I like the tap dancing.

409234.jpeg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Watch Michael Jackson's new &quot;Blood on the Dance Floor 2017&quot; video <a href="https://t.co/2AkSZYnW1i">https://t.co/2AkSZYnW1i</a> <a href="https://t.co/nhSkBxlWhq">pic.twitter.com/nhSkBxlWhq</a></p>&mdash; Rolling Stone (@RollingStone) <a href="https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/941711713212215296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">15. Dezember 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Did we really need this?? I mean why bother? They added nothing new to the video, except less Michael.
The original short film for Blood is so cool and different to everything else Mike ever did, this on the other hand is just poor.
Far below the standard of the greatest artist in music history frankly

Dear Estate, please take more time and care with future Michael Jackson projects. His fans and his incredible legacy deserve much better than this.

I havent watched it yet, but is there actually any new footage OF Michael?

IMWhizzle;4213574 said:
Just saw it and no. Just no. The tapping feet is totally unnecessary and ruins the song. Also the Michael snippets are not remastered and cropped.

I don&#8217;t like it.

I like it.

I enjoyed it. Every year they pick a song and create an original dance for his birthday. This time they edited it with the original video and it worked well.
And I like the tap dancing.

I agree with what you said and like how they choose a different song every year and create an original dance for his birthday. For those complaining, this is NOT taking the place of the original BOTDF video. ThankGod, the estate is ACTIVELY keeping Micharl's music alive and gaining NEW fans with every project!!

i agree with what you said and like how they choose a different song every year and create an original dance for his birthday. For those complaining, this is not taking the place of the original botdf video. thankgod, the estate is actively keeping micharl's music alive and gaining new fans with every project!!
I agree with you!!!! ;)

Bulls*** it is replacing the original but man, what was even the point of this? To me, this is just to show off MJ ONE but there is no mention of it in the title of the video... label it then as such if that is what the purpose of this is. The tapping is not needed, there is less Michael in the video, and it is about MJ ONE.

Personally liked the tap dance part but... that's about it. More *new* images of Michael would have been way more appreciate it than random dancers. That said, the idea of doing somthing special for Michael's birthday it is indeed nice but I'm not fully satisfied with what they've done this year :/

Last edited:
I’m sorry. I’m sick of these kinds of videos they are all the same and are not very good at all. Estate listen up! Instead of wasting time on these pointless videos that do absolutely nothing for his legacy instead spend time remastering his great videos. I just don’t get the point. You give us 6 making of videos for this garbage? How about some unreleased footage of the making of the actual video MJ was in. At what point is the direction of presenting MJ going to change? My guess is never.

^ It's really just promotion for ONE! it has very little to do with celebrating Blood On The Dance for really.. it's just the vehicle to highlight the show!

^ It's really just promotion for ONE! it has very little to do with celebrating Blood On The Dance for really.. it's just the vehicle to highlight the show!

Thank you. You are correct. I am so tired of people who complain about everything. It's obvious that this is promotion for ONE and not a major release or substitute for the original video. I guess these people complaining would be more satisfied if the estate did nothing like the Whitney or Prince estates. Btw, Prince fans complain as much as MJ fans. They are never satisfied with anything, even before Prince died they complained and whined about everything he released. Maybe I'm just thankful that the MJ estate is ACTIVELY trying to keep Michael's legacy alive and relevant. I for one, hope they continue this direction.

Isn't it sad that most of us are not even excited anymore when the estate is announcing that there will be a "big" announcement? :D

What a coincidence that it has been 20 year's since Michael released "Blood On The Dance Floor" and since Michael Jackson One is playing at the Mandalay Bay Hotel, the true meaing of the song's message comes shining through. The biggest mass shooting took place from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel upon a country music festival. 58 people died and 500 were injured because an angry shooter with a gun turned a really fun event into another act of violence.

I hope the Estate keeps Michael's messages relevant in their updated events and not lose the man's essence in their promotion. That's all!

I would've preferred them make a live video mixed with unreleased footage. That would've at least been more encouraging to look forward to.

^ I think most of us would have, but that would have defeated the "real" purpose of the video.. which is a ONE advertisement

I had hoped for more new footage...

I will never see it again I think, but if some enjoys the video - and discovered the song because of this video, then it was a succes.

Back