Books you love or books you are reading now.

I just finished The Fault in Our Stars by John Green today, which I really loved. I've also started reading this series called The Graceling Realms by one Kristin Cashore. I've read two of the three books in the series and I loved them, not for the plot or writing, which in my opinion are mediocre, if enjoyable. But because of the female leads. They are probably the most empowering feminist high fantasy books I have ever read. They raise and expose some very real and sorely overlooked aspects of how women are regarded. I am really curious what book number 3 will be like.

Ok, so I read the Pope's encyclical and I was absolutely delighted with it. I really couldn't be prouder.

One phrase sums it all up for me

"it is a matter of redefining our notion of progress. A technological and economic development which does not leave in its wake a better world and an integrally higher quality of life cannot be considered progress."

Time to get busy with all the other things now........

Books I'm reading right now - they're a bit more pulpy than Pope and Darwin... :)

The Girl With All The Gifts - M R Carey
The Three Body Problem - Cixin Liu
Armada - Ernest Cline (actually finished this one, nowhere near as good as Ready Player One)
The Fold - Peter Clines

I am reading The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weiberger right now.

Still reading Knopper's book, but I also picked up The Map of Time by Felix J. Palma today.

Apart from books I have to read for school...

I have enjoyed Brontë's Jane Eyre, especially Helen Burn's character, Sophie's World, Harry Potter series, Orwell's 1984, Hussein's The Nightingale's Prayer, Pablo Neruda's poems and then works by several Czech authors, namely Karel Čapek and Václav Havel :) And I mustn't forget Lakhous's Clash of Civilizations Over an Elevator in Piazza Vittorio!

91xLpiRudUL._SL480_.jpg

images

Because of me constantly wanting to play my Zelda Breath Of The Wild game. As well as my Sims 4 game. And making wall and floor sets for the game. I am in a very slow process of reading that series again. But I am now on chapter 20 of the book. I am so glad I have gotten every single book of that series. It is definitely the best book series I have ever read. Reading that series again still makes me very glad I went back to my Christian religion. It still makes me sick that i ever once consider myself an atheist. And I was one for a good number of years. Back when we still had Michael.

Just started The Museum of Extraordinary Things by Alice Hoffman. Lovely.

My favorite books are: dancing the dream
harry potter and the deathly hollows
80c8d488454cad84fb5a9deeb8a1b6e4.jpg

deathly-hallows-new-cover-630.jpg

A book …🤔 I have to go to the library to check out what a book is. Maybe I can find an answer there…
You are a peasant! :ROFLMAO:

Back on topic - I'm reading Black Hills by Nora Roberts. Also a volume of poetry by Brian Bilston plus several poems from Norman MacCaig. Plus I'm dipping into Landmarks by Robert Macfarlane. Plus a crime novel but that's crap so I'll probably dump that soon.

Back