"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Breaking News" General Discussion Here

Amen! :)

Although I was unsure now i've listened to it more I believe its MJ

I'm kind of coming around to the same conclusion. I barely heard it late last night and hadn't had a chance to do the high quality headphone/speaker test, and I am beginning to think this is Michael. I thought maybe they used a little filler of this Malachi dude, but as I mentioned in the BN - Malachi thread, who knows just how complete the song was? Obviously they overdubbed and mixed the hell out of this song, so that leads me to believe that it wasn't in good, finished form which meant they had to improvise with the sections they had. Think of the various demo recordings out there......Michael wasn't always on spot with his trademark inflections in those......you could tell it was him, but it was a lot different than what his finished stuff sounded like. The same is true for any artist.

Re: INSIDE SOURCE: Breaking News

Okay so lets be rational, Sony have made the biggest investment in an artist ever $200 million, they have 100s of songs, which they obviously listened to before signing the record deal, they are planning to have a huge promotional drive for the first album to try and get it to number one, they release a teaser to wet the public appetite and then tell them they will let them listen to the first song online, the publicity for the album is in full swing then they decide to risk their whole investment by picking a song from the 100's that needs new lead vocals, they bring in somebody new to sing it and then sit around hoping nobody will notice, come on please, surely we are smarter than latoya, i know i am anyway.

Ok i've saved this post to my bookmarks. I will reply to you properly once a statement has been released confirming that it isnt MJ.

I don't think it's fair to compare Breaking New to 2000 Watts. The first time I heard 2000 Watts, I was in awe, not in doubt. I was fascinated by Michael's deep voice. It's Michael. No doubt. But, with Breaking News, it's a guessing game. Some parts are Michael, some are not.

Why would Sony release this? Why? I really want to know the general reaction of people outside of fan community? How can this be good publicity? Sony wants people to like the song enough to buy the album. To get people talking about it doesn't necessary mean sales.

This Is It is a demo. But, they didn't over-produce it to the point that Michael's vocal becomes unrecognizable. But, with this particular demo, they just try to make something outta nothing. Usually, Michael's demos are very good and strong. With some, such as Fall Again and Scared of the Moon, the quality of the vocals is great. This demo is just so bad that I doubt Michael ever wanted to go further with this song. The vocal is flat.

This thing doesn't make sense at all. Today is my worst day since June 25, 2009.

see, u have raised a much more interesting debate here. IF it is michaels song. What would he think about it being released? Even if it was the finished, full michael version, would he be happy with its release?

I really want to know the general reaction of people outside of fan community?

My girlfriend who is not a super fan like us, but really enjoys michael's music sent me the following message after I told her to listen (without mentioning my doubts at all):

"Weird, this doesn't sound like him at all".

Even normal people are questioning this...

I was talking to my studio exec friend today,he is called common sense and he said it is ridiculous to believe Sony who have made the biggest record deal in history would risk it by bringing out a single with somebody elses vocals and try to pretend it is Michael. Common sense assured me that they are not crazy enough at Sony to risk a $200 million investment in the hope that people wouldn't reckonise that it's not Michael.

Sorry, Common Sense no longer works for Sony.

Ok i've saved this post to my bookmarks. I will reply to you properly once a statement has been released confirming that it isnt MJ.

That is fair enough, if a statment comes out i will obviously accept it but after spending the day trying to decide if it is Michael or not i went for the common sense answer, it doesn't sound like Michael in a couple of parts but then neither did 2000 watts so i'm accepting that he is purposely singing differently at parts and it would be the craziest thing a record company has ever done so i'm concluding that it is Michael and we are all just running away with a rumour.

My girlfriend who is not a super fan like us, but really enjoys michael's music sent me the following message after I told her to listen (without mentioning my doubts at all):

Similar experience right here. My brother is a very casual fan and I had him listen to the new song without saying anything further. He turned it off at almost the exact spot I did last night and said, "Is that suppose to be him...?!"

lol..normal people :lol: We're normal too :D!

my 9 year old brother says: who's singing that song?

So they are left to decide what to do with them because they don’t want to put demos out. What Michael wanted to do and what the world wants are two different things. I think they wanted to duplicate and make the kind of money they did with This Is It last year, so they release the album just before the holidays and hope that they go platinum with this LP.

is this the answer :(

Okay so lets be rational, Sony have made the biggest investment in an artist ever $200 million, they have 100s of songs, which they obviously listened to before signing the record deal, they are planning to have a huge promotional drive for the first album to try and get it to number one, they release a teaser to wet the public appetite and then tell them they will let them listen to the first song online, the publicity for the album is in full swing then they decide to risk their whole investment by picking a song from the 100's that needs new lead vocals, they bring in somebody new to sing it and then sit around hoping nobody will notice, come on please, surely we are smarter than latoya, i know i am anyway.

What you said make sense. That's why never in my wildest dream I would imagine Breaking News to sound like that. :doh:

I'm not saying the song is fake for it is over-developed from a Michael Jackson demo. But, why Sony chose to release Breaking News when they have other better choices?

It's integrity that concerns me. If the demo is included in the album and clearly stated as a demo, then it's fine. But, clearly, Sony tries to market it as a new Michael Jackson song recorded in 2007 and completed in 2010. This is misleading. If the This Is It drama was bad, this is 1000 times worse.

I said in my previous posts that I don't feel guilty when seeing This Is It, becasue I think Michael would have had a big smile on his face if he knows his work brings joy to his fans. But, with this Breaking News drama, I feel sorry now. I don't know what to think about future posthumous releases now. :no:

This is emotinally drainful...

i reckon they dont want demos cus they wanna sell to chart buyers n polished up finished pop songs appeal to the pocket money market - they dont care who sings it

Just canceled my pre-order for Vision. I don't want to keep financing the people who just released a fake Michael Jackson track.

Was he sacked for exposing the shocking truth about the Sony illuminatis goal to ruin Michael Jacksons legacy by paying $200 million to promote it.

I genuinely believe there has been a big mix up and they just havent realised that the song isnt Michael yet.

smthcriminal;3059555 said:
To protect those who explained everything to me, I will be using fictitious names to protect them. I have known them for many many years. Charlie as we’ll call him works for Sony and has an extensive background in audio engineering, producing, and music management. Once I heard the track and all the drama that has followed he was the first person I reached out to for some answers. As we know, the family only sends cryptic notes and with everyone posting on twitter from Teddy Riley, to Frank Cascio on facebook, what are we, the fans, left to believe? If anything there are far more questions now than answers.

“The fact is, at this point no one knows what tracks are what.”Charlie tells me. “The tracks that are listed for the upcoming album everyone besides those closely working on the project, are confused as to what is what. Some may have been recorded in 2007 or 2008 but damn it’s a mess.” Sitting in an office today w/ a high level Sony executive (again I will leave out who exactly it was), the man is laughing within the first 3 lines of “Breaking News” Charlie sits back and says, “wow, really?” “Of course hardly any of this is Michael” he tells Charlie, “but the good news is from I have heard so far, it shouldn’t get any worse than this.” “Damn” Charlie says. “The bridge & background vocals are him in parts but the Cascio guys chose to do it this way.” He continues.”It’s good publicity right now.”

Charlie explains to me, we listened to it numerous times in the studio, and you could tell from the breathing patterns to the push behind the vocals, its all different, nothing like Michael. Problem is, is that when recording vocals there is no type of pitch control when you go high. They can’t pitch up in other words to fix whoever they had sing it. Michael did not care for this track, he never recorded lead vocals only bits and pieces of a demo. When you record a demo its not stacked. They stacked the finish, Michael would be furious if he were alive, he never did stacking this way, it’s not his production style. When he stacked a track he did it all with vocals, as you can hear on the Dangerous album. It’s not like the old days when they recorded in analogue. When you first record a track you’ll record a demo, then once its chosen you go back and record everything twice pretty much, one is higher and one is lower, basically for the sound in the left ear and the right. Demos are recorded in mono, not as rich and thick like a finished track, what it sounds like is that they placed Michael’s voice dead center, and had whoever they brought in, possibly this guy Jason, to record the stacking and placed his on the right and left. If you listen hard Michael’s there but its far too saturated. It’s over done, its simply not his style. However, you have to remember that whatever you’re going to hear from now on will never be a finished polished product the way Michael would have wanted because of the simple fact that none of it was fully finished. So they are left to decide what to do with them because they don’t want to put demos out. What Michael wanted to do and what the world wants are two different things. I think they wanted to duplicate and make the kind of money they did with This Is It last year, so they release the album just before the holidays and hope that they go platinum with this LP. I honestly think though that this single is going to hurt album sales. They are trying too hard to get something catchy, Invincible style but the fact is that Invincible was short lived. They’re attempting to go overly poppy with this LP and its not going to work.

The thing is, Cascio’s music ideas don’t work, he’s a very intelligent guy, don’t get me wrong. The family is in the restaurant business but Cascio was pretty much in the right place and the right time for Michael to take an interest in him becoming his personal manager. Now Mr. Cascio wants to cash in and finish the record. He was shopping for post production and engineering volunteers to finish the tracks (hence Teddy Riley confirming today on Twitter that he was not compensated for his post production on the track). I wouldn’t be surprised if his dad is in charge of the whole thing. Those vocals that Michael recorded were done in the Cascio’s dad’s studio. Michael’s there but Cascio wanted to push himself, he always pretends he’s got the contacts, but never went anywhere in music. Sure you may have contacts but it doesn’t mean they want to work with you. Towards the last 3 years of his life Michael was trying to produce more for other people. He was trying to get the Black Eyed Peas to let him produce for them. Do you remember those rumours about that rapper guy (cardanal?!?), what I believe is that they could have had this song written for a rapper, but what makes no sense to me is why have a knock off singer, a rapper would have made a little more sense since Michael never recorded the versus.

Jason on the other hand, well he was doing his regular singing when he started doing his knock off singing like MJ. Ever since then he’s blown up even though the music is trash, but I just wonder now if they paid him out. If not, he’ll probably get publishing credits and royalties from the album and if so, everyone and anyone involved in publishing will find out. That’s pretty funny and he’ll be sitting there collecting checks. At the end of the day, I hope they deliver the rest of it in an upright way because honestly what they have now, Michael would be furious! “Breaking News” is horrible.

----------------------------------------

I love Howard Zinn, he has a great quote that states, "its easy to be overwhelmed or intimidated by the realization that governments have enormous power but some historical perspective can be useful, because it tells us that at certian points in history governments (& corporations) find that all their power is futile against the power of an aroused citizenry."

That gives me hope...cheers~

Rebecca~

Who wrote that?

I'm giving them till Friday. If they havent put out a statement saying that the song is fake and is being taken off the album.

I'll cancel my pre-order and probably download the album for free.

Industry Guys/Audiophiles Weigh In

From a topic at the Steve Hoffman forums:
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=232561

I find this post particularily worth noting:
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=5958586&postcount=143

If a producer who did some incomplete tracks with MJ, then hands SONY recordings he says are both complete and the real MJ then who can disagree?

The Hendrix estate once bought a "forgery" recording. There's been bonus tracks on reissues of other artists that session musicians have no recollection and even claim to have never heard before.

Also keep in mind MJ himself used to use a lookalike during illusions onstage to cover costume changes and maybe as a car decoy.

Be interested to see what's going on over at GearSlutz and if our dear friend Bruce Swedein has weighed in...

Love is magical said it great - about BN being a guessing game for us.
I DON'T WANT ANY GUESSING GAME SONGS ON THE NEW ALBUM!!!!! I AM NOT GOING TO BUY IT IF THERE'S EVEN ONE SONG THAT DOESN'T SOUND 100% LIKE HIM!!!

i already canceled my preorder. if there will be breaking news or any other fake song on the album i will download it for free.

Listened again...any doubts that it might have been MJ's vocals have vanished, this is such a fake. The ad libs are real no doubt, you just HEAR that's MJ, but they are so low in terms of volume. The "hee hee's ' and all that stuff is sooooo obviously fake, horrible. There are several parts in this where you can simply HEAR it;s a completely different 'singer' ....ridiculous.

I know this won't matter to some ppl, but anyway...this is Charles 'chucky' Klapow had to say on his Facebook. Statuses & comments:

'Why does Breaking News sound like a total mess?'
'I mean come on now! Is it some kind of joke?'
'I really, really can't believe it's come down to this... What a disaster..'
'I just listened to "Breaking News" once more and I take back what I said earlier. It's not a total mess. It's worse..'
'Whoever got Michael to do the backing vocals on their new single is my hero!'

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000434063419

If you don't know who he is, he was a This Is It dancer, is a long time fan, even been to Neverland because he's a friend of Wade Robson.

i already canceled my preorder. if there will be breaking news or any other fake song on the album i will download it for free.

I'll give them till Friday and see what happens.

No matter what happens now, people arent going to trust the album.

People will download it for free just to hear it and see if its MJ on the songs.

Im actually thinking of downloading it to check the songs, then buying a couple of copies if its 100% MJ.

André89;3059721 said:
Just canceled my pre-order for Vision. I don't want to keep financing the people who just released a fake Michael Jackson track.

So, you're going to deprive yourself of a great DVD set because of a song that has NOTHING to do with Vision?

I lol'd.

So, you're going to deprive yourself of a great DVD set because of a song that has NOTHING to do with Vision?

I lol'd.

I'd say he's just sticking to his principles. He's right to do it.

I played it for my sister and brother who are also casual fans. They both asked, "Who is this supposed to be?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back