Brooklyn LOVES Michael ?!?

2 days until the JUMP OFF. Brooklyn loves MJ Celebration is Sunday, August 24th 12 Noon to 6PM at Bed-Stuy
628719_640x640wc.jpg

Spike Lee @SpikeLee · 21 h.

We're Gonna Be Startin' Somethin' "You're A Vegetable, You're A Vegetable Still They Hate You, You're… http://instagram.com/p/r-azK4SqjH/
10525708_10152650249374819_8032100123438190721_n.jpg

20 hours ago
Help us celebrate Michael Joseph Jackson's 56th Born Day. HEE HEE HEE Singing and dancing with @djspinna on the wheels of steel playing Michael's music. BK LOVES MJ Shamon Free event with a children's area

https://twitter.com/SpikeLee 3 h ago
Thanks for making Brooklyn loves MJ a huge success. I would also like to thank our sponsors: Pepsi, New York Knicks, Brand Jordan, HBO, Soul Summit, Robert E. Cornegy, Party City, Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Plaza, Capital One and 40 Acres. Thank you!

40Acres&AMuleFlmwrks @40AcresBrooklyn · 21 h.
#bklovesmj Man in the Mirror http://instagram.com/p/sGKeqaSqTO/

40Acres&AMuleFlmwrks @40AcresBrooklyn · 21 h.
#bklovesmj They Don't Really Care About Us http://instagram.com

Bv1HZ84IAAAkEGH.jpg:large

Bv1tB4VCIAAILfq.jpg:large

Bv1tCtoIgAAGy36.jpg:large

Bv1tA0KCcAE8yl9.jpg:large

Bv55I8NIMAA_Rs-.jpg

Bv18IItCIAE-4hO.jpg:large

Bv1BfgjIYAAyfdv.jpg

Spike Lee Honors Michael Jackson at Annual Summer Party in Brooklyn
Crowd Dances, Sings to the King of Pop's Songs

By DAVID SHAPIRO

NY-DE261_NYSPIK_G_20140825164436.jpg

Director Spike Lee at his annual summer get-together in Brooklyn. Kevin Hagen for The Wall Street Journal
Spike Lee rarely cracked a smile as he walked around his annual party in Brooklyn signing autographs, fist-bumping fans and throwing T-shirts into the dancing-and-singing crowd.

Mr. Lee's stone-faced hosting style appeared out of sync with the jubilant atmosphere at Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Plaza, where thousands of revelers gathered Sunday afternoon to celebrate what would have been Michael Jackson's 56th birthday.

At the party, titled "Brooklyn Loves MJ," Jackson's iconic music boomed for blocks around. In the neighborhood, passersby danced while carrying groceries. Residents of the apartments overlooking the plaza nodded their heads to the beat as they surveyed the scene from their balconies.

Mr. Lee strode through the crowd wearing an orange velveteen fedora (provided by Party City, which outfitted hundreds in free fedoras) and Nike Air Force One sneakers emblazoned with images of Jackson from the "Thriller" era. The sneakers said "Thriller" on the back.

In the early afternoon, Lionel Powell, a 54-year-old man dressed as a tree, caught the attention of many as he danced through the crowd on 10-foot-tall stilts that looked like tree trunks. He crouched on his stilts to speak and to be photographed, and once, when he stood back up, he stretched his arms out, blocking the sun for a moment.

"I'm givin' you a little shade," Mr. Powell said with a laugh.

NY-DE262_NYSPIK_G_20140825164521.jpg

Gritty James shows off his Michael Jackson moves at Mr. Lee's party, which honored the late pop icon. Kevin Hagen for The Wall Street Journal
Mr. Powell didn't charge passersby for taking photos with him, but plenty of others at the event were interested in making money. People sold Michael Jackson T-shirts, holistic health and beauty products, jerk chicken and fruity beverages.

A 44-year-old man who referred to himself as "The Strange One" sang along to the music while selling what he called "nutcrackers," small bottles of liquor mixed with brightly colored fruit-flavored juices. He charged $5 a bottle.

"I do Grey Goose, tequila, Ciroc and tropical juice. I combine them and thus I've got a nutcracker," he said, holding a handful of bottles and grinning. "If there's a really good DJ and he's playing really good music, it hypnotizes people to where they feel like they have to buy my nutcrackers. It's great for my business."

In the crowd, Mr. Lee may have been the only person without a smile. Police officers bobbed their heads as they patrolled. Maintenance workers sang as they picked up litter. Two emergency medical technicians attempted to learn Jackson's moonwalk.

"We're on duty," said one of the medical technicians, "but when 'Thriller' comes on, you can't just stand there."

http://online.wsj.com/articles/spik...at-annual-summer-party-in-brooklyn-1409019164

sheltonjlee 21 h ago
Big Shout To Everyone And Came Out, Danced,Sang And Enjoyed Themselves At Out Brooklyn Loves MJ Celebration. Special Thanks To Our Sponsors Who Made It Possible - Pepsi, New York Knicks, Brand Jordan, HBO, Soul Summit, Robert E. Cornegy, Party City, Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Plaza, Capital One and 40 Acres. Seeya Next Year. SHAMON.

10464410_10152662090244819_1180205610083466365_n.jpg
images2.jpg

cache_884207214-200x300.jpg

sheltonjlee 21 h ago
Big Shout To Everyone And Came Out, Danced,Sang And Enjoyed Themselves At Out Brooklyn Loves MJ Celebration. Special Thanks To Our Sponsors Who Made It Possible - Pepsi, New York Knicks, Brand Jordan, HBO, Soul Summit, Robert E. Cornegy, Party City, Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Plaza, Capital One and 40 Acres. Seeya Next Year. SHAMON.

10464410_10152662090244819_1180205610083466365_n.jpg
images2.jpg

cache_884207214-200x300.jpg

Yes, yes, a million times YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! HE'S BRINGING IT BACK!! I've got to go, what a perfect way to celebrate Mike AND give myself an early HBD gift!! VirgosRULE!

ONSD_zpsf8857500.jpg

BradPittdancing_zpsa709d5af.gif

fangirling__like_a_baws_zps4fab4b60.gif

Back