CBS to broadcast MJ's Halloween again this year - Saturday, Oct. 20 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)

Most likely because they use all of his music for the soundtrack and its centered around certain things in Michael's known for.
He's the one who guides the kids in an out to safety. And it ends in a big dance number with Michael and everyone.

dam2040;4232377 said:
I don’t see how you could struggle to put 2 + 2 together here. It’s not his, yet the title implies it is. It’s odd.
I'm not struggling with anything. You're the one that says it's strange. I don't know what's strange about it. Michael Jordan has little to do with Air Jordans other than Nike paying him a percentage of the profits to use his name. Jordan doesn't make nor design the shoes. You think Puff Daddy & Snoop Dogg make the clothes under their names? No they don't. There's many companies that have the names of long dead people like Levi's Jeans, Sears, Kellogg's, Mrs. Baird's, McDonald's, etc. Cities & streets are also named after people. Many cities in the USA have a street called "Martin Luther King", doesn't mean he's been to these places or was even alive when they were named. Just because the founders of businesses died doesn't mean they're going to suddenly change the name to something else.

dam2040;4232377 said:
I don’t see how you could struggle to put 2 + 2 together here. It’s not his, yet the title implies it is. It’s odd.
Dude you complain more about the smallest, most minor details like nobody I’ve ever seen on here

CrazyVegasMJ;4232465 said:
Dude you complain more about the smallest, most minor details like nobody I’ve ever seen on here

Falsely labelling this as Michael Jackson's work is absolutely not a minor detail. His Halloween was Thriller, or Ghosts. Not this animated garbage.

Falsely labelling this as Michael Jackson's work is absolutely not a minor detail.
You mean Mike removing Greg Phillinganes' name from songwriting credits is not a minor detail :laughing:
tumblr_pgrss7NTnF1rw606ko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pgrss7NTnF1rw606ko2_500.jpg

tumblr_pgrss7NTnF1rw606ko5_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pgrss7NTnF1rw606ko3_1280.jpg

tumblr_pgrss7NTnF1rw606ko4_1280.jpg

CrazyVegasMJ;4232465 said:
I guess he doesn't approve of Cirque du Soleil creating shows around the music of Mike or Elvis Presley either since they had nothing to do with it. There was also a Broadway play about Motown and the Jackson 5 are characters in it.
[video=youtube;RVnAi-LgmFQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVnAi-LgmFQ[/video]

How one can complain about this being called Michael Jackson's Halloween is beyond me...

It's MJ's music all the way thru... MJ is starring it - we find out he is the spider and many other characters - and he is himself as MJ during the last part with the dance and everything... How can it not be called MJ's Halloween?

How one can complain about this being called Michael Jackson's Halloween is beyond me...

It's MJ's music all the way thru... MJ is starring it - we find out he is the spider and many other characters - and he is himself as MJ during the last part with the dance and everything... How can it not be called MJ's Halloween?

Because the title implies possession. Michael has absolutely no possession or involvement of this low budget crap.

I also felt uncomfortable with the Halloween show.

Something I don't feel about the tribute shows.

Because the title implies possession. Michael has absolutely no possession or involvement of this low budget crap.

But HIS estate does, who is repping him and working on his behalf per his wishes. So, yes, it's his, whether you like it or not. Add to this the fact that the movie is about him and his music and voice (and message) are all over it and the title fits perfectly.

But HIS estate does, who is repping him and working on his behalf per his wishes. So, yes, it's his, whether you like it or not. Add to this the fact that the movie is about him and his music and voice (and message) are all over it and the title fits perfectly.

Unfortunately for anyone who actually cares about Michael and his art.

Unfortunately for anyone who actually cares about Michael and his art.

Not fair IMH. - The only problem there has been since MJ died was the 3 Cascio songs on Michael. - And I am 100 % sure the Estate did not know anything and was tricked like the rest of us. The bad guy is Cascio and an impersonater who sang like MJ. - Nor SONY or MJ EState knew about it, I am absolutely sure about that.
Many many fans believed - and still believes it is MJ's vocals - so how on earth should they know?

This Is It was a great release. - broke records, and was a great succes.
The nintendo dance game was also a great release - and something MJ worked on while he was alive didn't he?
Michael - had 3 fake songs on it because of Cascio and noone else. - 7 great songs - edited like MJ would have wanted it I think.
BAD25 - the best release so far I guess. - The fans wanted Wembley concert and the Estate gave us exactly that. - They only had a VHS version of the concert we wantes apparently - so they tried to make the best out of it. - I enjoy the concert very very much - even though a UHD release would be great. Great doc by Spike Lee.
Xscape - The Estate had listened to the fans again and Cascio was no where on the album and they also gave us the demos as MJ left them. - A project we could all enjoy no matter if we wanted the temporized versions or the MJ demo versions. - Great release and it was succesful.
Vision - was a bad release. - Like we had 137 best of albums, greatest hits and different DVD releases of the same when MJ was alive the estate also want the easy money. - One More Chance finally got released like the fans had asked. - but overall the boxset was poorly executed. - Don't know if The Estate is to blame or who is.
OTW doc - was a fine release. Not the best doc, but I still enjoyed it. Danish TV channels have shown it many times, so on that note it's a succes, I guess that was the main aim to get it on TV for most as possible to see.

Hess;4232539 said:
Not fair IMH. - The only problem there has been since MJ died was the 3 Cascio songs on Michael. - And I am 100 % sure the Estate did not know anything and was tricked like the rest of us. The bad guy is Cascio and an impersonater who sang like MJ. - Nor SONY or MJ EState knew about it, I am absolutely sure about that.
Many many fans believed - and still believes it is MJ's vocals - so how on earth should they know?

This Is It was a great release. - broke records, and was a great succes.
The nintendo dance game was also a great release - and something MJ worked on while he was alive didn't he?
Michael - had 3 fake songs on it because of Cascio and noone else. - 7 great songs - edited like MJ would have wanted it I think.
BAD25 - the best release so far I guess. - The fans wanted Wembley concert and the Estate gave us exactly that. - They only had a VHS version of the concert we wantes apparently - so they tried to make the best out of it. - I enjoy the concert very very much - even though a UHD release would be great. Great doc by Spike Lee.
Xscape - The Estate had listened to the fans again and Cascio was no where on the album and they also gave us the demos as MJ left them. - A project we could all enjoy no matter if we wanted the temporized versions or the MJ demo versions. - Great release and it was succesful.
Vision - was a bad release. - Like we had 137 best of albums, greatest hits and different DVD releases of the same when MJ was alive the estate also want the easy money. - One More Chance finally got released like the fans had asked. - but overall the boxset was poorly executed. - Don't know if The Estate is to blame or who is.
OTW doc - was a fine release. Not the best doc, but I still enjoyed it. Danish TV channels have shown it many times, so on that note it's a succes, I guess that was the main aim to get it on TV for most as possible to see.

Different topic altogether but MJ estate literally had nothing to do with both TII and Experience. TII they just collected 90% profit. Their work for that included pushing out a demo with no knowledge and getting sued by Paul Anka in the process. Good start.

Michael - one of the worst releases to ever happen. They were desperate to capitalise and screwed over, and spit in the face of, every fan in the worst way possible.

Vision - Also, a terrible release. Michael’s videos hastily thrown together in terrible quality.

Bad 25 - A 25 year old VHS and a terribly remastered album, alongside some great new songs. Bad 25 is actually my favourite release from them, the concert is really great and the new songs are special too.

Xscape - Good but it has aged terribly. Another actually good idea by them to release the OG versions. Probably the best we’re going to get from them.

Off The Wall - terrible. Piece of chalk and a crap documentary that just didn’t really do or show anything.

What have we had other than that? Let’s be real with ourselves. Michael Jackson deserves higher quality releases. Why we let this utter crap keep sliding is beyond me. At what point do we finally say no, I don’t care if it’s new, it should be right!?

dam2040;4232564 said:
What have we had other than that? Let’s be real with ourselves. Michael Jackson deserves higher quality releases. Why we let this utter crap keep sliding is beyond me. At what point do we finally say no, I don’t care if it’s new, it should be right!?
It's ironic that a person who has a problem with the title "Michael Jackson's Halloween" uses "we" when only speaking for themself.

dam2040;4232564 said:
Different topic altogether but MJ estate literally had nothing to do with both TII and Experience. TII they just collected 90% profit. Their work for that included pushing out a demo with no knowledge and getting sued by Paul Anka in the process. Good start.

Michael - one of the worst releases to ever happen. They were desperate to capitalise and screwed over, and spit in the face of, every fan in the worst way possible.

Vision - Also, a terrible release. Michael’s videos hastily thrown together in terrible quality.

Bad 25 - A 25 year old VHS and a terribly remastered album, alongside some great new songs. Bad 25 is actually my favourite release from them, the concert is really great and the new songs are special too.

Xscape - Good but it has aged terribly. Another actually good idea by them to release the OG versions. Probably the best we’re going to get from them.

Off The Wall - terrible. Piece of chalk and a crap documentary that just didn’t really do or show anything.

Damn, you probably found something wrong with MJ's albums/projects he released while he was here too.... :tongue:

DuranDuran;4232567 said:
It's ironic that a person who has a problem with the title "Michael Jackson's Halloween" uses "we" when only speaking for themself.

You are downright delusional if you think that Michael Jackson’s Estate has provided the fans with quality material.

You are also flat out deluded if you think I am the only one who has that opinion.

serendipity;4232569 said:
Damn, you probably found something wrong with MJ's albums/projects he released while he was here too.... :tongue:

A few projects weren’t the greatest in my eyes but not once did he ever pull anything like the things I mentioned in that post.

When Michael released something he put quality into it. The T25 remixes weren’t great but let’s take Bad 2001 vs Bad 2014 as a direct comparison. MJs approved remaster is miles ahead of whatever the estate tried to do to that album.

It is a ridiculous notion to suggest that you are being “extreme” by any stretch to think the Estate has been very subpar. What is going on these days.

dam2040;4232576 said:
You are downright delusional if you think that Michael Jackson’s Estate has provided the fans with quality material.

You are also flat out deluded if you think I am the only one who has that opinion.

Michael is dead, so I'm happy for every little thing we get. We could be getting absolutely nothing.

Michael is dead, so I'm happy for every little thing we get. We could be getting absolutely nothing.

So we let these releases slide? I'd rather nothing than some of the stunts they've pulled so far!

dam2040;4232576 said:

I can choose to either buy or not buy whatever it is. Not constantly cry about it like you. Money speaks and apparently these releases are successful enough. So that means more than enough people like it than dislike it. None of the projects have really commercially failed yet. As long as enough people support it to make a profit, what you think does not matter and it's not going to change anything. You're not making a difference in what other people buy or like, like someone in the Sam Smith thread saying Americans have bad taste because they made hip hop artists popular and wished hip hop went away. Well it's not going away anytime soon and rap is more mainstream popular than rock n roll now. There's a entire generation that has not lived in a world when rap has not existed.

So we let these releases slide? I'd rather nothing than some of the stunts they've pulled so far!

I think you're mostly nit picking. I personally don't hear any difference between BAD 2001 remastering and the 2014 one. I don't care for some things like remixes, but that to me is no big deal. Anything that could get the younger generation to discover MJ is a win for me.

Sure, they've made mistakes, but they've also done some pretty nice things to keep his legacy alive (and Estate making money). I'm also a huge Whitney Houston fan and you should see how her fans are wishing she had someone like MJ's executors to run her Estate, because hers ain't doing anything for her legacy.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="de"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don’t miss the encore presentation of Michael Jackson’s Halloween, airing on <a href="https://twitter.com/CBS?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CBS</a> tonight! Tune in at 8pm. <a href="https://t.co/OYuP4UsYrr">pic.twitter.com/OYuP4UsYrr</a></p>&mdash; Michael Jackson (@michaeljackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/status/1053699872786968587?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">20. Oktober 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

On a lets not attack dam2040 for not supporting every move the Estate make note, did they change the ending for this? I heard on Twitter that they said they might change the ending every year.

Was that true?

Well, I missed it this year unfortunately. :( But I did see it last year when it first aired I and loved it!

Back