"Chicago 1945" (1989 & 1995)?

The change in Michael's voice between 84-87 is so intriguing to me. I'd love to know the recording dates of the songs on the Bad album and the demos of the era, because its so hard to pinpoint the evolution of his voice.

Something like Fly Away vocally sounds nothing like Thriller era, some with a song like Song Groove. His Bad era voice is glorious

Off the top of my head, the only Bad era track that sounds Thriller era is We Are Here To Change The World, to me at least

Off the top of my head, the only Bad era track that sounds Thriller era is We Are Here To Change The World, to me at least
Work on that began in 1984 while MJ was in hospital after the pepsi accident, so vocals were recorded earliest afterwards, while Abortion Paper was recorded between 1983 and early 1984.

it seems MJ was capable of changing his voice seamlessly between those styles at any time

His voice was not "weird". You guys really underplay the uniqueness of his voice. Michael was experimenting with different sounds for his upcoming album (in this case the album would be "Bad"), if you listen to all of Michael's demos in between and after different eras, you will notice that he sounds like a mix between whichever era came before and the era that came after. Simply put, Michael always had the same voice, he just learned how to sing differently as time passed, which is why he sounds different on Thriller than he does on Bad. Michael could always sing like he did on Thriller even when he was in his 40's. I believe "Chicago 1945" was simply a way to experiment with the "Bad" era singing style.
Destiny to Off The Wall to Triumph to Thriller to Victory to Bad all feel like a seamless sort of evolution, where you hear all these different textures to his voice and different experiences in his songs, even if they're sometimes basically the same topic. It's always so novel. None of MJs "successors" have that range, male or female.

Work on that began in 1984 while MJ was in hospital after the pepsi accident, so vocals were recorded earliest afterwards, while Abortion Paper was recorded between 1983 and early 1984.

it seems MJ was capable of changing his voice seamlessly between those styles at any time
That is exactly what I said. Thank you so much!

Destiny to Off The Wall to Triumph to Thriller to Victory to Bad all feel like a seamless sort of evolution, where you hear all these different textures to his voice and different experiences in his songs, even if they're sometimes basically the same topic. It's always so novel. None of MJs "successors" have that range, male or female.
He truly was THE MOST talented artist of ALL TIME.

Yeah it's mad isn't it. Seemingly Mike could sing in his "Bad era voice" for the demo's of the new album, then revert to his Thriller era voice on the Victory Tour. Then you have the anomaly of We Are The World, were he sounds like Thriller era again

Scared Of The Moon seems to be the true bridge between Thriller and the Bad era.

This is why confirmed recording dates would be so interesting to have

Where did you read about the recordings of these tracks

Back