Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Blame it on the Boogie

Votes: 17 63.0%

• Total voters

Hot_Street

Proud Member
Dancing Machine vs. Blame it on the Boogie
J5 Disco vs. Jacksons Disco
Dancing Machine was the bigger hit, but what's your favourite?

Both songs have a strong impact on the dance floor and have stood the test of time. They reflect the Jacksons' ability to create music that compels people to move and enjoy themselves. Whether it's the funky robotic vibe of "Dancing Machine" or the disco-infused joy of "Blame it on the Boogie," these songs continue to bring a sense of fun and excitement to listeners around the world. Ultimately, the choice between them comes down to personal preference, but both tracks demonstrate the Jacksons' musical prowess and their ability to ignite a dance party.

Blame it on the boogie. It's just a bit brighter and louder and has a funkier feel. But I guess 1978 vs 1973 disco had evolved further.
Yep Dancing Machine was released in 74, but it was made in 1973 - in fact its on the 1973 album Get it together, and was only given its own album when it blew up around March 1974.

Dancing Machine comes real close, as its great song too and was the first proper foray into Disco for the J5, plus its Michael's first semi adult sounding vocal "Dooo ittt babbby - automatic, systematic, self contained"

Michael debutted the dance step - the Robot in that song too. It did its job and revived the J5 after a few months of lacklustre songs and chart performances.

This one's Blame It On The Boogie for me! Never fails to cheer me up and make me dance.
HOWEVER, I think the 2001 Madison Square Garden performance of Dancing Machine is right up there. Blame It On The Boogie was never performed (I think?), so I don't have a comparison really.

Dancing Machine vs. Blame it on the Boogie
J5 Disco vs. Jacksons Disco
Dancing Machine was the bigger hit, but what's your favourite?

Not trying to be an ass here obviously but a bit more context is needed.

In Europe Dancing Machine was never released as single thus it remains pretty unknown and it receives no airplay.
BIOTB is a much more famous song in Europe reaching top 10 all over Europe and till this day gets played almost daily on the radio, at least in Belgium. It is also regularly played in bars or disco’s.

I voted Dancing Machine, it is funkier and more iconic but BIOTB will always be really special as I see it as the start of the adult Michael the world came to love as it features many of the trademark vocal tics

I think ‘blame it on the boogie’ is more of a disco song than ‘dancing machine’, which I consider to be funk.

I prefer ‘blame it on the boogie’ as a song because of its playful nature and harmonious chorus. it set the tone for what michael would release only a year later.

I see ‘dancing machine’ as a performance more than anything else. iconic in its own right, showcasing michael’s standout robot ten years prior to the moonwalk, which only evolved with time. not fond of the song though. it wasn’t even released in the uk..

Back