Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen? [UNCONFIRMED]

Re: Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen?

i wonder if any dangerous world tour concerts were recorded onto multitracks?

I know it probably would only interest fans, but I'd really like to have the Dangerous Tour rehearsals on DVD in good quality.

we need to know if any Dangerous Shows were recorded on film, most of them are in standard definition which can be restored to high DVD quality. video quality is more important than audio for Dangerous world Tour shows, IMO of course.

Dangerous World Tour snippets. made by 'BadTourHD'

Concerts shot on SD tape aren't HD Blu-Ray capable. Film is the ONLY way from non-HD-cams era. And I don't know if any of Dangerous tour concerts have been shot on film. Buenos Aires technically could be, because it was intended for a concert film. This VHS is just a crappy copy that's left behind it. Who knows where the actual film reels of it are if they even exsist.

I remember that concert was broadcasted on national tv in Argentina.
Well, I don't know which one of them because Michael gave 3 concerts in Buenos Aires.

I remember that concert was broadcasted on national tv in Argentina.
Well, I don't know which one of them because Michael gave 3 concerts in Buenos Aires.

It wasn't broadcast. A tape of one of the shows was given to one of Michael's drivers. That's the tape they tried to auction. Some some songs are viewable on youtube but the rest has not been seen.

:scratch: This is weird and it's time someone investigate this :D

I clearly remember in 1993 the commercials on tv (Canal 13) from Argentina that they will broadcast some of these concerts. But I didn't watch it because I didn't have that channel where I live.
Now the same happened with one of Madonna's concert from Buenos Aires in 1993.

This is another guy who tells that the show was actually broadcasted.
http://www.mdzol.com/nota/139201/

I wanna know what really happened too :D

Dangerous rehearsals.

Another concert than Bucharest.

All the demos planned for the Dangerous special edition.

More demos like Men In Black and any other great demos. If the demos are as great as the majority if the Bad 25 demos, then the same number of demos is fine, but if they're more in the vein of Don't Be Messin' 'Round (a little lackluster), then more demos should be released.

Studio Footage.

Compilation of the "Makings of" of the short films.

That 2 hrs or more footage of MJ haggling with some people on his team for the final edits of Dangerous mentioned on Gearslutz (this is very much wishful thinking, but I'd love it even more than studio footage).

One of the new songs/demos released as a single, preferably one that has the best chance of being successful (a dance song), but if not just try and release a single.

we need to let the estate know we want the best video quality Dangerous World Tour show.

As far as I'm aware, the Estate has a brief outline of what they want to do for the next five years of their deal with Sony. (Nothing detailed, just ideas.) A 25th anniversary re-release for Dangerous is under consideration for 2016.

I'm focused mainly on the Dangerous outtakes. There are over 70 recordings from the initial Dangerous recording sessions (1989-1991) in the vault, with around 45-55 of them (give or take) with enough vocals to be released. That number includes Monkey Business, Work That Body, If You Don't Love Me, Serious Effect, What About Us, the original demo to Dangerous, She Got It and Do You Know Where Your Children Are. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn about a concert release. I would adore to see it, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if the Estate decided against it.

Dangerous rehearsals in good quality, behind the scenes material, a concert and ofcourse unreleased tracks and some demo's.

Buenos Aires must be on film somewhere I mean, it was the intended official release for the Tour in 1993!

^^ Not necessarily. Wembley was a very important concert to Michael and the masters were lost. The Wembley show was considered for release briefly I've heard back in '88.

^^ Not necessarily. Wembley was a very important concert to Michael and the masters were lost. The Wembley show was considered for release briefly I've heard back in '88.

we don't know for sure until its revealed but Buenos Aires was gonna be the officially released Dangerous Tour show, but was cancelled due to Michael's dissatisfaction with the filming so it is possible it's out there on film somewhere

we don't know for sure until its revealed but Buenos Aires was gonna be the officially released Dangerous Tour show, but was cancelled due to Michael's dissatisfaction with the filming so it is possible it's out there on film somewhere

We don't know that for sure either. I hate bringing this up again and again but it's a true statement: the fans were expecting a Wembley Blu-ray with the original masters, but the Estate doesn't have them.

If anything, I want the Rome '92 show, with Dangerous from '93 as a bonus track. I really don't want to see a drugged-up Michael pushing his way through a performance. People have told me that it was pretty obvious during that concert that Michael was under the influence of something. And that's going to be very sad to watch. A set up along the lines of this:

1. Jam
2. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
3. Human Nature
4. Smooth Criminal
5. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
6. She's Out of My Life
7. Jackson 5 Medley
8. Thriller
9. Billie Jean
10. Working Day and Night
11. Beat It
12. Will You Be There
13. The Way You Make Me Feel
14. Bad
15. Black or White
16. We Are the World/Heal the World
17. Man in the Mirror

And Bonus Tracks Include:

1. Dangerous (Performed in Buenos Aires, Argentina - October 1993)
2. 1993 Superbowl Halftime Show (The Full, Unedited Performance)
3. Rock with You/Remember the Time (Rehearsals at Neverland 1992)

Last edited:

As far as I'm aware, the Estate has a brief outline of what they want to do for the next five years of their deal with Sony. (Nothing detailed, just ideas.) A 25th anniversary re-release for Dangerous is under consideration for 2016.

I'm focused mainly on the Dangerous outtakes. There are over 70 recordings from the initial Dangerous recording sessions (1989-1991) in the vault, with around 45-55 of them (give or take) with enough vocals to be released. That number includes Monkey Business, Work That Body, If You Don't Love Me, Serious Effect, What About Us, the original demo to Dangerous, She Got It and Do You Know Where Your Children Are. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn about a concert release. I would adore to see it, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if the Estate decided against it.

There is nowhere near that much material. There are somewhere in the region of 20 releasable songs from all eras in their posession.

Also, much of the Buenes Aries concert is on youtube and Michael appears far from drugged up in his performance.

But, according to Joe Vogel, the Estate was considering about 20 tracks for Bad25 alone. I don't believe in hundreds of releasable songs, but there are certainly way more than 20.

But, according to Joe Vogel, the Estate was considering about 20 tracks for Bad25 alone. I don't believe in hundreds of releasable songs, but there are certainly way more than 20.

I'm just talking about 100% complete stuff. There are many more demos I'm sure.

Should be at least 2 FULL CDs with demos.

Also want tons of Studio footage. Not lame like the BAd 25 docu where we get a couple of min max. Waste!!

blu ray of some awesome concerts.

Behind the scenes, making of, etc. in best quality possible.

I don't think the BAD 25 footage is "waste". I think we're lucky we even got that much..

A documentary film with lots of unseen footage.
For example behind the scenes material from the album promo clips with David Lynch,
Pepsi Dreams and "The Wind" etc.
A documentation that captures the magic of that era. Thats the most important thing.
And hey, it even has a dramatic ending... should give a good plot.

Everything else will be a nice bonus of course.

Just sucks that this will still take till 2016 to eventually happen...

DVDs will be completely out of fashion by 2016 so if they release just a DVD of the Dangerous Tour, it won't sell well at all

There is nowhere near that much material. There are somewhere in the region of 20 releasable songs from all eras in their posession.

I'm just passing along what I've been told. And I don't mean songs that have 100% completed vocals; I mean songs that are completed or nearly completed. (I consider "nearly completed" to be at least 70% to 95% of recorded vocals.) I'm sure that, from all eras, Michael's worked on hundreds of songs. But most aren't releasable. And as far as I know, there are much more than 20 releasable songs from each era; the Estate just doesn't have them all.

DVDs will be completely out of fashion by 2016 so if they release just a DVD of the Dangerous Tour, it won't sell well at all

Not necessarily. I only know a handful of people with a Blu-ray player. I don't even have one. I love the quality on a Blu-ray but DVDs should be around for a while. They're not like VHS tapes; they can last. They WILL go out of style eventually.

3. Rock with You/Remember the Time (Rehearsals at Neverland 1992)

omg, having Remember The Time on it as a bonus would be excellent!
Having it be from the BET (or soul train?) awards would SUCK.

I hated that performance soo much.
And it's not even because he hurt himself and was sitting down. That was fine.

It was because not only was he lip synching, but he didn't even have any sort of microphone or headset to at least create the illusion he was singing.

I'd much rather the rehearsal footage of him singing it.

But I have a feeling we won't get a lot of that. They obviously have rehearsal footage from Bad Tour (as seen in Bad 25), yet that wasn't a bonus on the Wembley dvd. Not sure if we'll luck out on a Dangerous DVD.

I think as long as there's SD only material in the world, DVD will be around.
You CAN obviously but SD content on a Blu Ray (and actually fit more on a single disc), but that doens't seem to be a trend at the moment.

Off hand, you can probably fit a full seasons worth of episodes (lets say 22 eps) on a single Blu Ray disc in SD/DVD quality (stuff shot on tape is pointless to up-convert to HD, like a lot of older tv shows for example).

I forgot where I was going with this.

Anyway, I rarely buy DVDs or CDs anymore. Stream or DL for me (aside from every so often a thing like Bad 25 comes along).

popcorn-MJ.gif

omg, having Remember The Time on it as a bonus would be excellent!
Having it be from the BET (or soul train?) awards would SUCK.

Off the top of my head, I think it was Soul Train? But I don't remember :p I'm wondering if the Estate has the actual camera footage from the rehearsals -- weren't the leaks sourced from a VHS tape?

Off the top of my head, I think it was Soul Train? But I don't remember :p I'm wondering if the Estate has the actual camera footage from the rehearsals -- weren't the leaks sourced from a VHS tape?

master tape, and we actually don't know if the rehearsals were held at Neverland. I'm sure it could be on film, but only a possibility

If there was some way to enhance Dangerous Rehearsals my god I'd pay through the nose for that... Even the poor recordings we have are better than This Is It (though I'd kill for more of that footage too).

Last edited:
Back