Daryll748 Is In The HOTSEAT!

Hi there :ciao:
Random question:

If you had to be stranded on a desert island for an indefinite period of time, who would you take with you and what 3 things would you take with you and why?

COOL question :clap:

I would take "Daryll" with me cause whenever I travel, he is the one I miss the most :blush:

My%20Daryll_zpsoywqsqoy.png

We all need 'someone' to talk too. Just watch 'castaway' with Tom Hanks I guess :unsure: He made 'someone' too just to have some 'company'.

Oh, ONLY 3 things :eek:

Let me see...

I would bring along a set of 'solar' panels, lol cause you do NEED electricity, right?

I would 'look' for a cave to live in but I'm not gonna live like a "cave man with fire" , lol :cheeky:
On 2nd thought, I could use the fire for warmth and to 'barbecue' my food ;)

2nd thing I would bring is my Tab since it has 3G :blush: and I'm not sure if the 'desert' Island has WIFI :unsure: but if it does I would bring my laptop cause I can't miss you guys nor MJJC ;) since you say 'indefinite' :blink:

3rd thing I would bring is something to 'purify' water like sea water or river water cause you can't live without water, right?

I do HOPE the desert island have 'fruit trees' so I could live off the trees and I could go 'fishing' in the nearby sea :cheeky:

Oh, I was gonna 'add' a blanket too lol but I chose the 'water thingy', I could make a 'leaf blanket' instead :D

Well, that was fun lol :clap:

Oh, the solar panels were a good idea.
It's your desert island so it can be as well stocked as you like.

Hey! It's been a while, so I thought I'd pop in to see how you're doing. So that's my first question: How are you?

My second question is if you had WiFi on your island, or even if you could get 3G to work, then wouldn't the first thing you'd do be to call or text or email someone telling them you're stranded and to come pick you up? :scratch:

Hey Girl :ciao:

Yep, time flies hey!

How am I doing?

I would say fine at first. I got settled quite fine in my new flat and I never lived so 'efficient' and 'clutter free' lol before. I even have a nice neighbour ;D and I finally got rid off that annoying landlord too lol. I absolutely love the NEW Community I'm living in. We even have a gorgeous lake with grass and wildlife.

Though right now, I'm a bit 'stuck in the middle' right now lol since my laptop is at the 'surgery' but finally handled by 'skillfull' hands (y) The 'silver lining' thing is I can lend my Mum's PC twice a week for a few hours so I can at least do MJJCBlog and catch up here. :blush:

Would I call HOME or someone I know once I have 3G on my island?

The 'bold' answer would be HELL NO The very reason WHY I would go to an Island in the first place is to be ALONE for awhile so I can live FREE and CREATIVE lol. Away from the idiots and all the madness in the world today!

Then what would I check first? Well, MJJCommunity of course :blush:

Thanks for popping into my HOTseat

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new home! And i hope your laptop recovers soon. :)

Well, the question said you were stranded on the island, which means you didn't go there by choice. :lol: So it wasn't a vacation, in which case I would assume you'd want to get home. :p

Okay, so how did you manage to become clutter free? I seriously need some tips on that.

What kind of wildlife is around you?

Okay, so how did you manage to become clutter free? I seriously need some tips on that.

What kind of wildlife is around you?

Clutter free! Moving to a smaller flat was a BIG 'motive' to get rid off stuff and then having 'limited' net for about a month so I had all that FREE time to fill in lol. The 3rd factor is 'planning'.

IF it's ONLY stuff you need to get rid off? Then you have the first 'gruelling' question "Do I really need it?" lol and the decisive question that follows is 'Have I used it within a month? "
Also the '3 corners thing' really helps to 'declutter'. In a room you don't really use, you divide it in 3 corners and three colors.
One for KEEP with the color 'Green'.
The other one for CHARITY with the color 'Orange' .
The 3rd one for GARBAGE with the color 'purple'.
Then of course you plan the day when you would 'donate' or get rid of the 'garbage'.

IF it's the room that is cluttered with furniture and stuff? First, you measure the room and you exactly draw how the 'cluttered' room looks like than you see how you can 'declutter' it by 'redesigning' the place with the same or even less furniture. If you have lots and lots of books, you can give your room a 'decluttered' look by buying bookcases and seperate colorful boxes to put in the bookcases where you then 'store' all your books and the 'clutter' is hidden lol.

Wildlife? Well, we used to have 3 gentleman ducks but due to the heat, the lake has dried out and the ducks are gone :unsure:
So, now we only have the local birds visiting as in pigeons, ravens and blackbirds.

Thanks for your questions!

Now, I see your reply Karom :blush:

Well, the question said you were stranded on the island, which means you didn't go there by choice. :lol: So it wasn't a vacation, in which case I would assume you'd want to get home. :p

This is a 'puzzling' question indeed :scratch:
I think, I would first see what is on the Island. Yeash, curiousity killed the cat lol! Look for water/food and then shelter.
Oh, calling HOME would be no use cause no one can pick me up lol. All, I could say is that I'm stranded here and I'll see how to get home by myself. Yep, the wonders of being an only child!

Then again, stretching the topic here :cheeky: If I would get stranded on an Island? I would have to go on Holiday then which I won't do now so this whole convo is really 'hypotechnical' :smilerolleyes: and shredded out of context!

Last edited:
The three colour system...That sounds great. Thanks for all the great tips! I'm so glad your enjoying your new place.:)

Hello,
How are you? Any new design ideas for your place lately?

Hello,
How are you? Any new design ideas for your place lately?

Hello SarahJ :ciao:

Thanks for your query!
I'm doing okay Thanks :blush:

Yep, still designing lol just to make this place my own. I've created a 'fake fireplace' and currently 'remodeling' my living room as I want a little 'conservatory' from my baby trees that I promised Dad I would plant. I also want to make the 'open plan' living room a little more cozy as I tried the 'modern' design but it just has no soul in it. So, I've ordered 2 wooden room dividers and as we speak I'm drawing the new design on paper first. It saves time and effort if you know where all the furniture is supposed to go.

I'm pleased with the bedroom design though. I build a little 'library' there with a neat trick to 'hide' your 'bulky' closets.
You take 'metal' bookcases with wooden shelves and you wrap them in light green paper cloth so all you see are the books 'bathing' in soft green.

Yeah, piccies will follow ;D

Waiting for the pictures! Sounds wonderful. :yes:
Your very talented at design.

Thanks SarahJ :blush:

First design is my 'fake' fireplace made from a corner shape bookcase/ cardboard and Design paper lol

ShareMJJC_zps1olljvwp.png

as I think a living room isn't a living room without a fireplace 'fake or not' right!

Second Design is my library simple made from metal bookcases to 'hold up' all the books and of course soft green paper table cloth.

ShareforMJJC_zpset31hkfg.png

Though the initial idea was to make the bookcases 'invisible' with the soft green paper, it feels like a 'failed' design as I think it is too modern and too messy lol so this will soon be 'dismantled' and 'replaced' by a wooden bookcase to give more 'stylish' look lol.

oh, I bought two wooden dividers today to make the living room and bedroom more 'private' since I don't have the heavy curtains up no more. They are heavier than I thought so I was pleased to have me neighbor with me!

Very nice! i like the bookcase though. How long did it take you to do these?

Very nice! i like the bookcase though. How long did it take you to do these?

That is rather difficult to stick a 'time frame' on it as it flows together with other projects.
Usually a 'design' project like this is first you have the idea you draw out then you get all the material from the store on different days somehow and then when you got a spot open in your schedule lol, you hit off with exactly 'building' and 'creating' the design and that too is done in different 'sessions'.

Do you have MJ memorabilia that you display anywhere?

Oh my, I haven't forgotten it.
Yeash, in my 'display cabinet' I have one shelf dedicated to MJ :wub: I just didn't take a piccie of it yet! So, that is on my 'to do list' lol.

Your certainly very creative. You'll have to post more pics when you have time.

Okay, here they are finally lol :cheeky:

First one is my 'Display Cabinet' :blush:

MJDisplay_zpsmnsplv32.jpg

Second one is my cozy 'Office corner' (y)

MJDisplayNet_zpsrmlxcwtb.jpg

Third one is "Every day create your HIStory" :cheeky:

MJDisplayHIStory_zps9embwxpg.jpg

Fourth is "Plan B if your walls need to stay 'yucky white' :blink: You use an MJ Flag as 'curtain' for your closet!

MJDisplayRoom_zps6yihbsxu.jpg

Hold on, Fifth is my 'In Loving Memory' display of every 'family member' that resides in Heaven now. Yeash, MJ is 'present' there too :blush:

InLovingMemory_zpsxhwc2oru.jpg

The last piccie to share is another 'Plan B' to escape those white walls. You 'plaster' your closet with your fave stickers and posters! ;D

Plan%20B%20MJDisplay_zpsook4zv31.jpg

:clap:

Very nice. I really like the MJ bust and the dolls. Where did you get the MJ flag from?

Very nice. I really like the MJ bust and the dolls. Where did you get the MJ flag from?

Thanks :blush: All my MJ stuff I bought during 'Fan events' of the numerous Fan clubs I was in or just 'ordered' it through their 'shop'. Not a 'web shop' back then. All the Fan clubs had a 'magazine' out with a 'catalog' you could 'order' stuff from and then you got it with 'Royal Mail' lol Those were the 'golden days' really! ;D

Unfortunately, since the Net took over it all went down the drain faster than you could imagine :smilerolleyes:

Anyway, I think I ordered the flag from a 'catalog' and the one in Piccie Four is my fave one :blush:

You got those through a fan magazine? Your right it sure has changed.

Back