Designated Discussion for Murray's Early Release Oct 28 2013

Re: Former doctor of Michael Jackson granted early release

This guy is going to spend less time in jail than Michael Vick, who killed dogs. Should someone who killed a human being really spend less time in jail than someone who killed dogs?

We already knew he was only going to serve half the time, so it's not a surprise. If I had my way, he'd be in there for life. I can only hope he can never be a doctor again, but Katherine should have taken the restitution when she had the chance, not that I think it would help any here in CA.

This guy is going to spend less time in jail than Michael Vick, who killed dogs. Should someone who killed a human being really spend less time in jail than someone who killed dogs?

I'll shock you even more.

The sentence for illegally downloading Michael's music is higher than the sentence for taking Michael Jackson's life.

Re: Appeal Thread - All Discussion / Update: Murray Filed for Appeal

We already know about this and it is in the case section. Is this paper a tabloid?

The Irish Examiner and others are just repeating a story form the Mirror. Who was responsible for the latest vicious attacks on MJ
A source added to the Daily Mirror newspaper:

Murrays release in October is no shock or surprise or something we haven't been aware of since Murray was first convicted. It was ALWAYS stated he would serve 1/2 of his 4 yrs sentence because of overcrowding. We have been discussing it in here for quite awhile now.

The Jackson Family, we Fans, and Michael's friends never EVER get to see him again..but he can go free and his family can see him? This..is..bull..crap. Seriously. I say the negligent fool gets life.

There you go. It reminds me of the blind man who was struck by the car and the people on the street rushed to the dog and took it to the vet and left the blind man there.

Well, we all knew that Muarry cannot do more than his allotted time, which is 4 years, and we also knew at the time he was sentenced that they claimed he would spend less because the facilities were crowded. It seems the drug pushers took up most of the space in the jails.

In a way I wish his 4 years was over. When he is confined, I keep wondering what he WILL do when he comes out, so if he is out I will not have to worry about that anymore, since he will be DOING it. He seems eager to say or write something, so let him begin already about "Michael was my friend."

Murray will be in another kind of jail the rest of his life--he cannot escape what he did and Michael's fans will always be there to remind him. The moment he tries to secure a lucrative book deal or paid interviews, or anything else to benefit from his crime, we will be there. We will advocate for Michael Jackson and that will never end. Murray has a life sentence.

i know about the mobile phone. but he also have TV in there???? what?
but that was sure that this murderer will get out of it after 2 years.
killing someone. get 2!!!! years, living in jail like in a 5 star hotel, enjoy it there, noone doing bad to him in jail, earning money in jail, and then after leaving jail, earning much much more money with books, interviews, tv specials, bullshit of lies, geting back his license, working again as doctor, living a beautiful live with wife and his kids... and Michael is dead.
what a shame whats going on on this planet. i'm ashamed to be a human being.
i hope someday he will pay for this.

Last edited:
Re: Brenda Richie: Murray out of jail on October 27

There should be a new law where people convicted of a crime can never be allowed to profit from it in any shape or form. Who says crime doesn't pay! Total mockery.

i thought it was talked about in the past about that he dont have the right to earn anything with this case. but later someone said yes he can earn money. i dont know what now he is allowed. i think i missed somehing in the past. can someone please explain more in detail why?

mjchris;3876457 said:
i thought it was talked about in the past about that he dont have the right to earn anything with this case. but later someone said yes he can earn money. i dont know what now he is allowed. i think i missed somehing in the past. can someone please explain more in detail why?

Murray can earn whatever he wants--there's no restriction because the Jacksons waved "restitution" during the criminal trial to the shock of David Walgren & the DA's office. Had Judge Pastor issed a Restitution Order and Fine, all of Murray's earnings would go to pay that debt. But, there is the "Son of Sam" Law that could be applied:

A Son of Sam Law is any American law designed to keep criminals from profiting from the publicity of their crimes, often by selling their stories to publishers. However, this is not in the same manner of asset forfeiture, which is intended to seize assets acquired directly as a result of criminal activity. Where asset forfeiture looks to remove the profitability of crimes by taking away money and assets gained from the crime, Son of Sam laws are designed so that criminals are unable to take advantage of the notoriety of their crimes. Such laws often authorize the state to seize money earned from deals such as book/movie biographies and paid interviews and use it to compensate the criminal's victims. The term "Son of Sam" refers to the nickname of serial killer David Berkowitz, the subject of a notorious 1978 murder case.
In certain cases a Son of Sam law can be extended beyond the criminals themselves to include friends, neighbors, and family members of the lawbreaker who seek to profit by telling publishers and filmmakers of their relation to the criminal. In other cases, a person may not financially benefit from the sale of a story or any other mementos pertaining to the crime—if the criminal was convicted after the date lawmakers passed the law in the states where the crime was committed.

crillon;3876458 said:
Murray can earn whatever he wants--there's no restriction because the Jacksons waved "restitution" during the criminal trial to the shock of David Walgren & the DA's office. Had Judge Pastor issed a Restitution Order and Fine, all of Murray's earnings would go to pay that debt. But, there is the "Son of Sam" Law that could be applied:

A Son of Sam Law is any American law designed to keep criminals from profiting from the publicity of their crimes, often by selling their stories to publishers. However, this is not in the same manner of asset forfeiture, which is intended to seize assets acquired directly as a result of criminal activity. Where asset forfeiture looks to remove the profitability of crimes by taking away money and assets gained from the crime, Son of Sam laws are designed so that criminals are unable to take advantage of the notoriety of their crimes. Such laws often authorize the state to seize money earned from deals such as book/movie biographies and paid interviews and use it to compensate the criminal's victims. The term "Son of Sam" refers to the nickname of serial killer David Berkowitz, the subject of a notorious 1978 murder case.
In certain cases a Son of Sam law can be extended beyond the criminals themselves to include friends, neighbors, and family members of the lawbreaker who seek to profit by telling publishers and filmmakers of their relation to the criminal. In other cases, a person may not financially benefit from the sale of a story or any other mementos pertaining to the crime—if the criminal was convicted after the date lawmakers passed the law in the states where the crime was committed.

that was it. now i remember it.
but i never heard of 'Son of Sam Law'. so its still possible? and who can do that? who have the power to do that? the jacksons? who in the justice system?

and i'm sure i missed that too... did someone of the jacksons, or anyone else said why?
(i know katherine said in court this week cause murray have children. blabla... bullshit!)
wasnt it cause then its possible for murray to speak in court on the AEG trial?

We will get through it together. I agree whatever he tries to do we will fight for Michael. He better not underestimate us fans.

crillon;3876458 said:

Son of Sam law doesn't work in Californi,a so restitution should have been put on place. There is absolutely nothing on place to stop CM making money of his crime.

Tabloids creating a story out of nothing. we all knew u only serve half. but why does he get ten days knocked off the two years.

manslaughter sentence seems pretty standard compaired to the uk etc especially when its deemed to be involuntry. the issue is how much money and crap he talks about mj thanks to the family doing the same to mj inorder to get the big bucks.

Bubs;3876495 said:
Son of Sam law doesn't work in Californi,a so restitution should have been put on place. There is absolutely nothing on place to stop CM making money of his crime.

If fans don´t buy books and look at interviews we can stop him from making money.

MIST;3876531 said:
If fans don´t buy books and look at interviews we can stop him from making money.

at least mj haters will buy the books and watch the interviews.

The time that bastard will spend in jail is an insult to justice and once he gets out, he'll be cashing in Michael big time thanks to KJ. I'll be blaming her for all the bullshiit he'll say. :mad:

In Austria they say he was released, cause "good behaviour". so all the other countries/media take this bullshit story and sell it everywhere as the truth. results to people saying... "michael jackson and the family, the freaks, murray is such a nice guy. how can they do this to this nice guy?"
weird world!

I dont understand the "good behaviour " thing cuz they are in jail for punishment for the crimes they commited not cuz they are in there for rehab

I dont understand the "good behaviour " thing cuz they are in jail for punishment for the crimes they commited not cuz they are in there for rehab

That is in reference to how an inmate behaves while incarcerated (not causing trouble for the guards, other inmates, etc), not the crime they committed.

If MJ had time added for good behaviour he would have lived forever!

That is in reference to how an inmate behaves while incarcerated (not causing trouble for the guards, other inmates, etc), not the crime they committed.

But they are in jail cuz they committed a crime!!!!!

Gosh the prisons of today really have changed they make jail to be some play school

That news about CM to be released early because "good behaviour" is :bs:
His release date was put in the "books" ages ago, and has nothing to do with good behaviour, but is to do with overcrowding in jails. I so wish there is something that could be done so he would serve all of his 4 years :angry:

This is what KJ's lapdog AD wrote about restitution when sentencing was heard:
While it is doubtful that Murray, who is unlikely to ever practice medicine again, could pay very much of that sum, it could prevent him from reaping financial benefits from any books, interviews or film projects in the future.

Thank you KJ, CM will make tons of money of your son's death.

Agree. u dont get an early release for good behaviour u just dont get anymore time added on. ie if he had been fighting inside he might have got a few more months. thats how it works here anyway. Serving half his sentence is nothing to do with good behaviour as it was,as bubs said set back when he wS srntenced

Agree. u dont get an early release for good behaviour u just dont get anymore time added on. ie if he had been fighting inside he might have got a few more months. thats how it works here anyway. Serving half his sentence is nothing to do with good behaviour as it was,as bubs said set back when he wS srntenced

That may be how it works where you're from, but on this side of the Pond, some inmates have been released earlier/time shaved off for being "model prisoners", aka good behavior. That isn't the case with Murray, because he wasn't going to do the entire four years anyway, regardless of prison overcrowding or not. That in and of itself is a weak reason, because they could do the inmate release shuffle and MAKE room for him if they really wanted to. I've seen it done before. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that he's serving only part of his sentence. That wouldn't have been the case if he was charged with 2nd degree murder.

Note: any time he served prior to being convicted and sentenced (when bail was denied) counts as time served against his sentence, too, so that would make it shorter.

Last edited:
Back