Designated discussion thread for tabloid articles related to the Kat vs AEG Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Jackson Wrongful Death Trial Begins Monday: King of Pop Medical Records Will ‘Be Shocking,’ Says Source
Posted on Apr 29, 2013 @ 4:35AM | By Jen Heger

The Michael Jackson wrongful death lawsuit that Katherine Jackson filed against AEG contending that the concert promoter was negligent when it hired Dr. Conrad Murray to supervise the King of Pop’s medical care begins with opening statements in a Los Angeles courtroom on Monday. Sources close to the case tell RadarOnline.com exclusively that the late singer’s medical records, which have remained sealed leading up to the trial, will be shocking once experts begin to testify about the contents and specifics of his alleged dependence on powerful painkillers.

Up until the trial, Michael’s medical records “had remained sealed for a very good reason. The contents of the records will stun even the most diehard Michael Jackson fan. Michael’s dependence on prescription drugs for routine cosmetic procedures was astounding. The judge has allowed AEG to present Michael’s medical records to prove their point that he was addicted to drugs, and the lengths he would go to keep it hidden. They had absolutely no knowledge that Dr. Murray would be giving Michael Propofol at his home. If AEG did, they would have terminated talks with Murray immediately, and taken the appropriate action. AEG doesn’t want to present this evidence, but they are being sued by Katherine for $40 BILLION DOLLARS,” an insider told us.

As we previously reported, Conrad Murray was convicted of the involuntary manslaughter death of Michael Jackson, who died from acute Propofol intoxication, almost four years ago.

At the heart of Katherine Jackson’s case against AEG is “whether or not AEG did their due diligence in fully vetting Conrad Murray to become Michael Jackson’s personal physician for his London concerts. Katherine’s lawyers maintain that AEG should have known that Conrad Murray was in dire financial straits and broke when formal talks began for him to become Michael’s doctor. Murray wanted $150k a month, and that should have set off alarm bells for AEG,” a source close to the Jackson family matriarch tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.

Meanwhile, the executors of Michael Jackson’s Estate, which have “successfully secured lucrative business deals that got his heirs out of the red, and now making money, are watching all of their hard work potentially unravel. Remember, leading up to Michael’s death, the press was still talking about the allegations of child molestation which he had been accused of. Since his tragic death, Michael has been remembered for his amazing talent and philanthropy. But all of that could be for naught, because of the new information that will be released during the trial that will be harmful to Michael’s legacy,” another insider reveals.

Even if a jury finds that AEG was responsible ultimately for Michael’s death, “and awards her a huge amount of money, it won’t bring Michael back. The wrongful death trial is going to be hard for his three children who will be forced to relive his death all over again. Paris and Prince are expected to testify. They could learn stuff about their dad he never would have wanted them to know. There will be no winners in this case, no matter what the outcome of the trial is,” the source added.

The trial could last for three months. Stay tuned to RadarOnline.com for updates throughout the trial.

Source: Radar online

Is Radar going ahead of their time as judge hasn't decided whether Michael's medical records remain under seal?

Re: [Tabloids] designated Thread for tabloid articles/discussions related to the Kat vs AEG Trial

Difficult these days to tell which is tabloid and which isn't. Quite often the so called respectable newspapers end up running the same c++p as the less respectable.

Re: [Tabloids] designated Thread for tabloid articles/discussions related to the Kat vs AEG Trial

respect said:
BTW, when did Lester last meet Michael?

Lester saw him for the london trip in march 09. He and his family were close to mj until right to the end which made his betrayal post 25 june just so shocking.

I've got the hello from after 25 june and lester gives an interview about his bff mj. He talks of travelling to the o2 announcement with mj.

Q Did mj tell you about his plans?
A Often. The last time i saw him was in march when he asked me to join him to make the 02 announcement. He wanted someone heknew well to be with him for support. He had a business meeting in the car while we were on the way to discuss a movie he was set to star in, a pirates of the caribbean- style family film, and was hoping peter jackson would work on it. He'd already started writing music for the movie.

Actually mj didn't travel by car to the o2, he went in a big bus with all the aeg crew, didn't he. I saw fan footage of mj getting off it i think. So god knows where lester gets his stories from, not from his memory at any rate.

The man is pure scum. But after the betrayal of claiming paris as his own, mere weeks after his best friend died, in a paid interview with the news of the world, what could we expect from him. It's interesting, i knew nothing about mj or lester when i read this hello article back in june 09 but got the definite impression that lester although he was totally loyal to mj and said just nice things,was just mesmorised by the glamour, the wealth, the whole different world mj represented, and his sheer disappointment and devastation to having that ended by mj's death and mrs j's refusal to get in touch with him, obviously was too much for him. Another 'false' friend.

Last edited:
Bubs;3816039 said:
Michael Jackson Wrongful Death Trial Begins Monday: King of Pop Medical Records Will ‘Be Shocking,’ Says Source
Posted on Apr 29, 2013 @ 4:35AM | By Jen Heger

The Michael Jackson wrongful death lawsuit that Katherine Jackson filed against AEG contending that the concert promoter was negligent when it hired Dr. Conrad Murray to supervise the King of Pop’s medical care begins with opening statements in a Los Angeles courtroom on Monday. Sources close to the case tell RadarOnline.com exclusively that the late singer’s medical records, which have remained sealed leading up to the trial, will be shocking once experts begin to testify about the contents and specifics of his alleged dependence on powerful painkillers.

Up until the trial, Michael’s medical records “had remained sealed for a very good reason. The contents of the records will stun even the most diehard Michael Jackson fan. Michael’s dependence on prescription drugs for routine cosmetic procedures was astounding. The judge has allowed AEG to present Michael’s medical records to prove their point that he was addicted to drugs, and the lengths he would go to keep it hidden. They had absolutely no knowledge that Dr. Murray would be giving Michael Propofol at his home. If AEG did, they would have terminated talks with Murray immediately, and taken the appropriate action. AEG doesn’t want to present this evidence, but they are being sued by Katherine for $40 BILLION DOLLARS,” an insider told us.

As we previously reported, Conrad Murray was convicted of the involuntary manslaughter death of Michael Jackson, who died from acute Propofol intoxication, almost four years ago.

At the heart of Katherine Jackson’s case against AEG is “whether or not AEG did their due diligence in fully vetting Conrad Murray to become Michael Jackson’s personal physician for his London concerts. Katherine’s lawyers maintain that AEG should have known that Conrad Murray was in dire financial straits and broke when formal talks began for him to become Michael’s doctor. Murray wanted $150k a month, and that should have set off alarm bells for AEG,” a source close to the Jackson family matriarch tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.

Meanwhile, the executors of Michael Jackson’s Estate, which have “successfully secured lucrative business deals that got his heirs out of the red, and now making money, are watching all of their hard work potentially unravel. Remember, leading up to Michael’s death, the press was still talking about the allegations of child molestation which he had been accused of. Since his tragic death, Michael has been remembered for his amazing talent and philanthropy. But all of that could be for naught, because of the new information that will be released during the trial that will be harmful to Michael’s legacy,” another insider reveals.

Even if a jury finds that AEG was responsible ultimately for Michael’s death, “and awards her a huge amount of money, it won’t bring Michael back. The wrongful death trial is going to be hard for his three children who will be forced to relive his death all over again. Paris and Prince are expected to testify. They could learn stuff about their dad he never would have wanted them to know. There will be no winners in this case, no matter what the outcome of the trial is,” the source added.

The trial could last for three months. Stay tuned to RadarOnline.com for updates throughout the trial.

Source: Radar online

Is Radar going ahead of their time as judge hasn't decided whether Michael's medical records remain under seal?

I'd really love it if using anonymous sources would be banned by law. When you know who the source is that often puts a comment into another perspective, because you know the person's agenda and motives.

To me it seems this source is someone pro-AEG. On the one hand I agree that this trial can do nothing good to Michael, only harm him and I dislike the Jacksons for putting Michael through that, but as I read this article I could not help but think that this is some type of warning by a source close to AEG that they would trash Michael beyond belief it this goes on. That even the Estate's hard work would "potentially unravel".

This is getting truly dirty... :puke:

Wouldn't information like this been used in the Murray trial though?

^Yes, i got that impression too. I'm absolutely sure aeg have been threatening the jacksons for the past year now. However it seems that their threats to destroy mj have fallen on deaf ears, but those nasty depos asking intrusive questions of mrs j and the sibs had them all worked up, as could be seen in randy's powers that be letter where he was mad that aeg were trying to blame mjs j for mj's death. That seemed to be the only thing that got their attention, sadly. It seems mrs j did contemplate pulling out of the aeg lawsuit last year some time,, but mrs j seems to have been 'persuaded' to carry on with it.

Pity the fanbase is divided. An official fan letter denouncing the lawsuit would have been nice.

Radar is pro AEG and anti Jackson family, CNN Alan Duke is Jackson family lap-dog :no:

I too got an impression that this is warning came from either directly from AEG or from their mouth piece who ever that might be.
I think both side have their favourite tabloids they go and give a scoop, and some Jackson family members have their own tabloids too.

There is indeed very few media people that actually gives unbiased reports.

Trouble is AEG have an awful lot at stake, not just money but also reputation and they will defend it any way they can.

I wonder what the chances of a settlement are?

^Yes, i got that impression too. I'm absolutely sure aeg have been threatening the jacksons for the past year now. However it seems that their threats to destroy mj have fallen on deaf ears, but those nasty depos asking intrusive questions of mrs j and the sibs had them all worked up, as could be seen in randy's powers that be letter where he was mad that aeg were trying to blame mjs j for mj's death. That seemed to be the only thing that got their attention, sadly. It seems mrs j did contemplate pulling out of the aeg lawsuit last year some time, but mrs j seems to have been 'persuaded' to carry on with it.

Pity the fanbase is divided. An official fan letter denouncing the lawsuit would have been nice.

Too bad AEG still doesn't get it that they cannot scare the Jacksons by threatening Michael with bad publicity, because they just don't care about him and his reputation. Nor do they care about the Estate. (If anything, they'd be happy to see them struggle.)

If they want to pressure the Jacksons they will have to attack them personally, not Michael or his Estate.

Deleted/ news story already posted

Last edited:

^Isn't that just a rehash of the cnn article?

last tear said:
I wonder what the chances of a settlement are?

^Well, those leaked emails and latoya's mad accusatiions weren't the best background for a settlement. I really think mrs j had an opportunity to pull out once her claim got gutted and went down to one claim - i'd love to know what the lawyers advice was, whether they are being genuine or self-serving. Maybe when this trial results in nothing more than a huge lawyers' bill, the recriminations will start.

Sullivan in his book mentions a settlement. A substantial sum of money offered by the estate to mrs j and ppb to not carry on with the lawsuit. Sullivan's sources are mrs j's lawyers and i find it totally believable the estate would have done something like this, this trial is a pr disaster for them. Sullivan says the estate's motivation was to protect the estate lawsuit with aeg against lloyds, but i would rather think the motive was to avoid this multiple train wreck of this trial for mj's rep which is also fantastically expensive and has an incredibly poor chance of being successful. I wish the estate cd be more firm with mrs j, but i get that it's all tricky.

Last edited:

^Isn't that just a rehash of the cnn article?

^Well, those leaked emails and latoya's mad accusatiions weren't the best background for a settlement. I really think mrs j had an opportunity to pull out once her claim got gutted and went down to one claim - i'd love to know what the lawyers advice was, whether they are being genuine or self-serving. Maybe when this trial results in nothing more than a huge lawyers' bill, the recriminations will start.

Sullivan in his book mentions a settlement. A substantial sum of money offered by the estate to mrs j and ppb to not carry on with the lawsuit. Sullivan's sources are mrs j's lawyers and i find it totally believable the estate would have done something like this, this trial is a pr disaster for them. Sullivan says the estate's motivation was to protect the estate lawsuit with aeg against lloyds, but i would rather think the motive was to avoid this multiple train wreck of this trial for mj's rep which is also fantastically expensive and has an incredibly poor chance of being successful. I wish the estate cd be more firm with mrs j, but i get that it's all tricky.

*Re the article, possibly if I missed the Sabrina Strong quotes in the CNN one, I will go and check.

I haven't read Sullivans book, and wow, I did not know that!

*ETA Thanks Bonnie, I had checked in the news thread but missed the Day 1 news thread.

Last edited:
Bonnie Blue;3816065 said:
I really think mrs j had an opportunity to pull out once her claim got gutted and went down to one claim - i'd love to know what the lawyers advice was, whether they are being genuine or self-serving. Maybe when this trial results in nothing more than a huge lawyers' bill, the recriminations will start.

I think it's the lawyers that are the driving force behind this case, K and cubs have no brains to think about anything themselves. I wonder what they told her if she wanted to backtrack, or what Randy told her?

"At Panish Shea & Boyle LLP, we believe in our clients and their cases. Because of this, the firm works on a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients owe no attorney’s fees and will not be required to pay any costs until a recovery is obtained for the client in the case."

Katherine's lawyers has put in many hours of work to this case, of course they will be telling Jackson that there is a chance that they will win billions for Jackson's. If Katherine loses, her lawyers get nothing, so it is their benefit that this case continues.

Bubs;3815968 said:
Thank you very much Jackson family. All the known greepy crawlies has grawled out of woodwork to give their input to all tabloids, here is the latest from Lester. Btw, I'm fully expecting Uri G to show up too.

J**** the wino
Six bottles a day and 'drunk at O2 Press call'

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough ... Michael Jackson at O2 launch

By PETE SAMSON, US Editor

TROUBLED Michael Jackson drank up to six bottles of wine a day — and was “paralytic” at the press conference announcing his comeback tour.
The late pop legend would get best pal Mark Lester to smuggle bottles of plonk into hotels past his strict Muslim security team.
Ex-actor Mark — godfather to J****’s three kids — says Michael would down them to beat his insomnia and easily quaffed a case over two days.
But J****’s secret habit spiralled out of control on the day of his press conference in March 2009 — announcing his This Is It 50-date residency at London’s O2 Arena.

Mark, now an osteopath in Cheltenham, Gloucs, said: “Michael passed out on the hotel bed. His doctor said he’d drunk two-thirds of a bottle of whisky and was paralytic.
“He sobered up enough to struggle through the This Is It speech, which he just about got away with.”
J**** died of a sedative overdose three months later.

Source: The SUN

Article from 2009

[h=1]Jackson kids' godfather never saw him take drugs[/h] by Gregory Katz - Jun. 29, 2009 02:55 PM
Associated Press

CHELTENHAM, England - The godfather of Michael Jackson's three children said Monday that the circumstances surrounding the singer's death "don't add up" because he never saw him take drugs.
Former child star Mark Lester, known for his lead role in the 1970s movie version of the stage show "Oliver," told The Associated Press in an interview that Jackson was in excellent shape when he visited London in March to announce his comeback concerts.
He said his friend seemed excited about the shows when he spoke with Lester by telephone shortly before his sudden death.

"The circumstances of his death just don't add up for me," said Lester, a Jackson friend for more than 25 years who said he never saw the singer use drugs. "It just doesn't make sense."

The two met extensively when Jackson was in London in March and Lester found his friend to be fit and in good spirits at the time. Their families had meals together at Jackson's hotel, with the singer indulging in his British favorite, fish and chips.

Lester said he has a close relationship with Jackson's three children and has spoken to them since the loss of their father. He said he supports the bid of the singer's mother, Katherine Jackson, to obtain custody.
"I understand his mother is taking control and that is probably the best thing for them," he said. "She is a very loving, kind and gracious woman and she had a very close relationship with Michael and a very good rapport with her grandchildren. I know the kids are fine. They are deeply saddened by what's happened but they're coping."
Lester, 50, said he does not plan to become directly involved in the children's care, even though he became their godfather at a 2003 ceremony in Las Vegas. He said Jackson also became godfather to his four children, who are badly shaken by his death.
"They are devastated, coming to terms with the fact that we'll never see this great man again," said Lester, whose eyes seem haunted by the loss of his friend.
The two first became friends some 27 years ago when Jackson's manager told Lester the singer wanted to meet him. Both shared the experience of early stardom, although Lester left show business - he is now an osteopath in this bucolic small town in southwest England - while Jackson remained a performer until his death.
"Michael thrived on it really," Lester said. "He told me he was an illusionist, creating an illusion, and that his singing and dancing were a gift from above, that he was just the receptor of this gift. There were ups and downs to it but Michael Jackson loved being Michael Jackson, he loved the adoration he got from his fans. And he liked the trappings that came with it."

Lester said one reason he is suspicious about Jackson's sudden death is because the singer was so enthusiastic about his upcoming return to the stage, set for July 13 at the 02 Arena in London. They spoke recently about Jackson's plans to come over to London for final rehearsals, and Lester and his family planned to be there opening night.
"He was really fired up, really positive, really looking forward to it," said Lester. "He wouldn't tell me about the show, he said he wanted me to be surprised. He said it would be extraordinary."

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/celeb/articles/2009/06/29/20090629jacksongodfather.html?nclick_check=1

So much about Lester...

"Michael passed out on the hotel bed. His doctor said he’d drunk two-thirds of a bottle of whisky and was paralytic."

I take above with ton of salt, but did Michael have a doctor in UK?

Addition what he said earlier, he was interviewed by P Scofield and Fern B, he said:
Fern and Phil also asked if Mark thought perhaps Jackson's family should have intervened if the stories of drug taking and not eating were true.

Mark said, "That's a good point. I had never seen Michael take an aspirin...he used to drink mineral water, he didn't drink... I'm just shocked, I never saw or had any indication that these things were happening."

I wonder how he can look the man in the mirror after these lies.

Last edited:

Good find, bubs, that's a good rebuttal to lester. @respect - lester said something similar in that hello article about drugs. But his new claim is about alcohol so i just don't think it's partic useful in rebutting him. I just think lestser or someone at the sun, (i'm not even sure these 'sources' write their own story but just get suggestions on what to write and put their name to it in return for cash) are using the randy philip emails which have been made public to think up some topical negative story.

Thinking about that horrible radaronline article, i'm just not going to let it get to me. I remember jen leger making a big deal about murray's tv interview having a big 'bombshell' secret about mj. Never happened, the only bombshell was that murray thought he could sing a natkingcole song without seeming insane. I think the media are drumming up interest in the case, the lawyers are ramping up the pressure to intimidate the other side, and the general public as far as i can tell are really uninterested. The general public's view is (unfortunately) that mj was a drug addict, there was a trial, the doc is in prison, and anything after this is just a play for money. Latoya's batshit crazy reality show got over 3 times as many viewers as that murray interview on cnn in the usa.

Last edited:

@respect - lester said something similar in that hello article about drugs. But his new claim is about alcohol so i just don't think it's partic useful in rebutting him.

@ Bonnie, I know the difference between drugs and alcohol, but I thought it would have been only logical for Lester to mention in 2009 too that he had seen MJ so drunk that he was "paralytic", if that had been true. I would think he would have said: "I never saw him take drugs, but I saw him so drunk that he got paralytic." But he never said anything like that until now.
Instead in 2009 he just talked about Michael eating fish and chips, being enthusiastic about TII, talking about his future plans etc., nothing about him being so drunk that he was paralytic. So I thought this would be useful too, but yeah, what Bubs found is more direct about drinking.

I agree that he took the story from Phillips' e-mails. He is the one using the word paralytic.

^^That article tries to send a message to scare fans, since the reporter mentions about die hard fans and how they will feel about the information in the medical report. To me this is all hype to imply some great bombshell will be disclosed by the medical record & I am not impressed. To me he couldn't be such a raging addict if his autopsy was quite good, so if anything all his medical record could show is use of drugs. Also, what foolish dr is going to write in a report that he gave Michael some drug without stating a medical reason to back it up. If he puts the prescription information in the record he will write what the drug was given for. It will then be up to the lawyers to prove that the drug shows an addiction.

Difficult these days to tell which is tabloid and which isn't. Quite often the so called respectable newspapers end up running the same c++p as the less respectable.

"There is so much tabloid sensationalism. Don't fall prey to it, it's ugly.
I'd like to take all the tabloids and burn them. I want you to print that!
Some of them try to disguise themselves, but they are still the tabloids."

~ Michael Jackson

Friedman

Michael Jackson Brother Randy Brings Financial Advisor to Court

04/30/13 8:38pmRoger Friedman0

The word from the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial in Los Angeles is the usual combination of the sublime and the ridiculous. Sources tell me that Michael’s brother Randy brought a financial advisor to court today to meet his mother, Katherine Jackson. The man was not allowed in the courtroom. So Randy stationed him outside in the hallway. “He wanted this man to meet Katherine and discuss what to do with the money they’re going to win,” the source says. “Randy wants that money, and he wants to make sure it’s divvied up correctly.”
Meantime, Randy was almost tossed out of court today by Judge Yvette Palazuelos. This astute jurist cautioned Katherine Jackson that she cannot bring all of her children into court every day. Seating is limited already and it’s a small court room. Having many Jacksons in the courtroom, the judge reportedly reasoned, would be too much of a distraction for the jury. Mrs. Jackson will be allowed one family member to help her in and out of court. Today both and Rebbie Jackson came with her.
It’s of note that so many Jacksons want to be in the courtroom when money is involved–money they think they will get. When Michael Jackson was on trial for child molestation and conspiracy in 2005, there were many days when Mrs. Jackson was alone in the courtroom. She often sat right behind Michael, listened to all the prurient testimony, and had to be stoic.
Meantime there were also reports today that the AEG lawyers threatened to reveal “Michael’s darkest secret.” What could that possibly be? Don’t we know everything by now? I can’t imagine there’s anything left about the King of Pop that would shock anyone.

Oh that Roger, waits for the news & then puts his own spin on it. I wonder if that story about the advisor is true? It does not seem likely although Randy and company are waiting for that money.

That judge is not astute, it was AEG who first alerted her to the family presence. Katherine has a aide that is paid for by the estate, so why can't the person accompany her to the court each day. We saw her during the granny napping. What is she doing at home while Katherine is at court?

The darkest secrets is their drug addiction story, so nothing new here.

I'd really love it if using anonymous sources would be banned by law. When you know who the source is that often puts a comment into another perspective, because you know the person's agenda and motives.

To me it seems this source is someone pro-AEG. On the one hand I agree that this trial can do nothing good to Michael, only harm him and I dislike the Jacksons for putting Michael through that, but as I read this article I could not help but think that this is some type of warning by a source close to AEG that they would trash Michael beyond belief it this goes on. That even the Estate's hard work would "potentially unravel".

This is getting truly dirty... :puke:

Court documents showed Jacksons claim AEG speaks to Radaronline - I believe that.

This article is obviously totally pro-AEG and of course is also working off what Jen Heger knows about the fan community and how we hate this trial and support his estate.

Sigh. I can't see what could be revealed - loads of propofol use? Demerol? Plastic surgery? We know almost all these things, unlike it turns out he was on a drip of all the above daily and getting weekly nose jobs, there's no new info. What are we looking at here?

One thing I'm seeing from the tabloids is they love rehashing this. It's all just rehashing. An excuse to go over all the same issues again and again and again. And it reinforces the way the world sees him.

I loathe the Jacksons for this, despise them.

I do agree though, people are bored of this all. The only thing I think they want: something shocking about drugs (he was doing lines of propofol off Bubble's back during studio sessions), his kids to testify (will be huge score for the media! their first proper trashy interview) and anything about paternity (not gonna happen but media will hype or desperately hope something will come up about it somewhere) or anything like that. That's what the media are salivating for. Everything else is tedious.

Court documents showed Jacksons claim AEG speaks to Radaronline - I believe that.

So does Jacksons. During "kidnapping" Katherine's lawyer Ribeara was a source for Radar Online.

They all have their favourite tabloids, one is a bad as ther other one.
Then there is family and friends, they too have their tabloids to run to when they want to sell something.

Btw, the article about Randy is as believable as article about Jermaine not paying childsupport.

Last edited:
Katherine Jackson Caught in HUGE Contradiction About Michael That Could Sink Wrongful Death Claim — See The Proof!
Posted on May 1, 2013 @ 3:32AM | By Jen Heger

Katherine Jackson has been caught in a huge contradiction about her son Michael‘s drug use — a contradiction so big it could sink her $40 billion wrongful death lawsuit against concert promoter AEG, RadarOnline.com is reporting exclusively.

An attorney for Katherine told jurors Monday in opening statements of the Michael Jackson wrongful death trial that the late King of Pop had been addicted to prescription drugs for decades and that Michael’s family knew it and only AEG claims to have been unaware of it.

But RadarOnline.com has exclusively obtained a statement signed by the Jackson family matriarch claiming that her son DIDN’T have an addiction to painkillers or alcohol.

And you can see the proof below, as Radar has obtained the signed statement that pokes a huge hole in the argument offered by Katherine’s attorney.

In 2007, nearly two years after Jackson had been acquitted of child molestation charges in Santa Maria, California, and two years before his death, Katherine Jackson, Jermaine, Jackie, Tito and Marlon issued a public statement, signed by all five, declaring Michael didn’t have ANY substance issues.

They all also declared they had never attempted to stage an intervention on Michael. The statement was released after People magazine published a story that the King of Pop was dependent on booze and pills.

It’s a key point because Katherine is suing concert promoter AEG and her attorneys claim everyone knew Michael had painkiller addiction problems — trying to cast doubt on AEG’s claim that it was unaware. Now, suddenly, it seems as if the family’s position has shifted to fit the lawsuit.

The family’s statement, issued on September 7, 2007, says, “People Magazine has followed other publications in reporting untrue and inaccurate information about MIchael Jackson and the Jackson family. Of these wildly reported rumors, what has become the most troubling and heinous, is that my son, and our brother, Michael Jackson, is dependent on painkillers and alcohol. People and other news organizations, have quoted “sources,” indicating that our family has attempted a drug intervention, and engaged in an effort to take over his business affairs, because of this alleged drug and alcohol usage.

“We categorically deny ever planning, participating in, or having knowledge of any kind of intervention, whatsoever,” the statement asserts.

You can read the signed document here:
jacksonletter.png

Katherine Jackson’s attorney, Brian Panish, told jurors during opening statements on Monday in the wrongful death trial, that the Thriller singer had an addiction to painkillers, and that concert promoter, AEG failed to to properly investigate Dr. Conrad Murray. Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael.

“Over the years Michael’s family and people who knew him believed he had a problem with prescription medication,” Panish told jurors, and that AEG and its executives claim to be the only ones who were unaware of his issues.

Panish revealed to the jury of six men and six women that Jackson had an addiction to prescription drugs, including Demerol, and relied on pain medications after he suffered horrific burns on his head during the filming of a Pepsi commercial in 1984.

The public statement Katherine signed in 2007, “could prove to be very problematic for her when she takes the stand. It could be used to discredit her testimony in front of the jury. Katherine knew for years before he died that Michael had an addiction to Demerol. AEG doesn’t want to rake Katherine over the coals, but she is suing them for $40 billion dollars,” a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com exclusively.

AEG maintains it did not hire Murray and could not have predicted the events that led to Jackson’s death.

A lawyer for AEG, Marvin Putnam, told jurors during opening statements that there was no way the concert promoter could have known that Jackson was being given Propofol by Dr. Murray.

“That was between doctor and patient and not AEG Live… this case is about taking responsibility for your actions,” Putnam said.

Source Radar

I have to say, fair play to Radar to getting this statement out there to show how easily Jackson's lies depending on what in on the table.

I wonder if they got this from AEG and if they are really planning on showing it in court to discredit the Jacksons. That would certainly be interesting....

^^^^ Maybe it's easily found and documented, the mention of it is even in Adrian Grants book.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jen Heger got it from fans tweets. Fans are tweeting to her and she is tweeting to them so it is possible that she just saw it in someone twitter. Anyway it has been available online for ages so it wasn't secret by any means.

I certainly hope it will be used to show to jury Jackson's contradicting lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back