Did Michael Jackson die for our sins?

I wouldn't say it is offensive - are you ticked off by the fact that jews believe Jesus was not God's son? Or Muslims, for that matter? People have their right to their own opinion and believes. Even if it is not what you believe.

I am an atheist, but respect deeply every single poster's opinion in this topic. :)

even yours - even though I don't agree ;)

sure, Michael is not God... but the way I see it... call me crazy but...

I think that the world around us is a very sad, failed world... And the only thing that does matter is the microcosm you live in... YOUR friends,YOUR family, YOUR way of life... because that is the only way you can live and be happy... If you follow the rules you will be sad... Of course I don't mean breaking the rules as in killing someone or doing ANY harm... But just the way I see it is that I lie in my own microcosm, and nothing can ruin it. And the one who teaches me the values present in this microcosm of mine is Michael himself...and I dare say... he is the God of my microcosm...

This has nothing to do with RELIGION... I just don't know how to explain it better... anyone get me? or you think i am crazy? :)

I've been thinking about this for a while, and since seeing these comments from a woman on a Larry King blog (posted by Victory2004 here on MJJC), I thought I'd share what I've been feeling since Michael's death.
I mean, Michael was born on Earth as a gift to humanity from God. He was a gift, a humanitarian, a lover not a fighter, a uniter of all people, races, ages, etc.
But we, humanity, destroyed him. We tore him down. We gosspied about his talents, made up lies, threw him to the ground and kicked him 'till he was no more.

Think about it: Michael was a very religious man, even Jehova's Witness as a child - and ain't that what the Jewish Faith is about? Waiting for the new saviour?

I think it was the pressure from the tabloids that killed Michael in the end. He couldn't take it. He had a lifetime of pain, but endured it for our sake.
In conclusion, did Michael die for our sins? Or maybe even - was Michael Jackson actually Jesus? The new saviour?

I am not a religious man myself, and still couldn't help notice these similarities - don't tell me no one of you guys haven't given this a thought? :agree:

I'm not religious either, but that also came to my mind. We wanted the world to heal, now we had our chance again and we spoiled it. Again. If the story is right about Christ who would want to try to chance the world, in this 2009 years we haven't learned a thing.

ok, this is way over the top ... michael was human, not divine. Even if you think in the realm of religion and the second coming ... no, no, no ... this makes him and his fans seem soooo looney. No

this is serious Michael Mania material ... **moves thread**

Back