Did Michael smoke?

If there was ever a person who deserves to chill out with a drink or a smoke, it was Michael. It doesn't change who he was. I mean, come on, Michael wasn't a monk, he was a normal person with extraordinary talents and a heart of gold, but he was still a human being. Just because someone has a few cocktails, or lights a smoke, doesn't change who their are in their soul. I drink, I smoke on occasion, doesn't mean I'm a "bad person", doesn't change who I am.

He also definitely earned the right to tell a few (at least) people who entered his life to F off and go to hell, don't know if he did or not, but I sure would have, wouldn't you?????

If he wanted to sit somewhere at Neverland, get a little tipsy or whatever, while trying to relax and enjoy his land, I say "Good for you baby, rock on"!!

There's that word 'normal' again. Are you saying that anyone who doesn't enjoy smoking and drinking isn't? Does 'normal' equal right?

There are other ways to unwind that don't involve any of that. In fact there was a quote were Michael said that he didn't even like the word 'high', and that if he wanted to experience that feeling, he would lay down with a good book, look at a beautiful painting - which would inspire him to write a song (I believe 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough' was conceived this way).

I think some are trying to force their own ideologies onto Michael instead of paying attention to what he said, or how things actually played out. Boyz II Men recently did an interview where they said they tried to get Michael to curse, and the worst he would say is 'fudge'. This was during 'History'! Even when he spoke of the joy of being at Studio 54, it was about the dancing, lights, and costume characters. Not the drugs and carrying on. In fact a DJ reported that Michael mostly stayed in the booth with him dancing.

The bottom line is that he had a moral standard that he tried his best to live up to. Maybe he slipped every now and then, who knows? I don't understand why some would like to impose destruction upon him - especially considering the way things turned out :(

There's that word 'normal' again. Are you saying that anyone who doesn't enjoy smoking and drinking isn't? Does 'normal' equal right?

There are other ways to unwind that don't involve any of that. In fact there was a quote were Michael said that he didn't even like the word 'high', and that if he wanted to experience that feeling, he would lay down with a good book, look at a beautiful painting - which would inspire him to write a song (I believe 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough' was conceived this way).

I think some are trying to force their own ideologies onto Michael instead of paying attention to what he said, or how things actually played out. Boyz II Men recently did an interview where they said they tried to get Michael to curse, and the worst he would say is 'fudge'. This was during 'History'! Even when he spoke of the joy of being at Studio 54, it was about the dancing, lights, and costume characters. Not the drugs and carrying on. In fact a DJ reported that Michael mostly stayed in the booth with him dancing.

The bottom line is that he had a moral standard that he tried his best to live up to. Maybe he slipped every now and then, who knows? I don't understand why some would like to impose destruction upon him - especially considering the way things turned out :(

I'm not imposing destruction at all, quite the opposite! I agree with everything you said. I don't know if Michael smoked or drank, it really doesn't matter, my point being, even if he did, it doesn't take away from the person he was. An exceptional person, exceptional beyond just his talents, exceptional in his soul, in his heart.

No, drinking and or smoking doesn't imply that you're "normal", I know quite a few people who have never done either and are quite normal, everyday folks, they just don't care for those things.

I guess my point was that whether he indulged or not, he was still a beautiful person, a special person, someone who was inspirational, nothing can change that.

Paul and Linda McCartney were regular marajuana users. Michael was a guest in their home so who knows who introduced Michael to marajuana.

Michael probably enjoyed the clean living that he had learned growing up as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Even though he probably thought what a double standard the Witnesses had about the use of the gun, as some do go hunting and a gun is used to kill the animal.

Now, Prince, on the other hand, never left the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses, once he became a member.

Michael did read the Bible every day and he probably kept his clean living life style, which is why he preferred the company of innocent children over immoral adults.

Back