Did MJ Find Love In The Dark (continued)

Wow I can't even remember writing what was quoted :unsure: :ph34r: it's been a while but I can still relate :p :lol:

Artist: Tarralyn Ramsey
Album: Tarralyn Ramsey
Song: Up Against All Odds

Lyrics:

Our love, the only thing that's true, has stood the test of time.
They said we would never last,
but we followed our hearts and let God direct the path.

Up against all odds
we were standing up against all odds
trusting and believing in the miracles of love
even if it seems to be so hard
to reach for the dream that is so far never lose your faith in love when you're up against all odds.

Life can
take you through rough times
but still you will pull through
hold on to your hopes and dreams
and there's nothing that you can not do,. whoa

Up against all odds
to reach for the dream that is so far never lose your faith in love when you're up against all odds.

Oh...
Dreams come
dreams go
only if you don't believe
if we ever stopped to think that we could come so far
through it all we will go on.

Up against all odds

Never lose your faith in love when you're up against all odds.

Lately, I've been the quiet one
Waiting, searching the lines of the songs you played for me.
Sailing into the misty air,
Fading, bound for I don't know where,
When I'm there I'll see.

And if I walk away
Please follow me,
If I walk away,
Please follow me.

Weightless, drifting through stars I got faithless
Woke in the dark and I made this from my dream.
Play me all your sweet rhymes
Recreate me, now comes the time when I'll need your truth to see.

And I if I walk away,
Please follow me,
If I walk away,
Please follow me.

Walk away
Let the fear fall away.
Into the fire you made
Scarlet and gold

Walk away
Head for the light of day
Follow a brighter way,
Out of the cold and dark.
Down to the one bright spark
Futures that all might start
Someday

So if I walk away
Please follow me,
If I walk away,
Please follow me.

Fragments, shells of a long ago lifetime
Faces that once were mine
Thrown down by the sea

If I walk away,
Please follow me,
If I walk away,
Would you please follow me.

Last edited:
I'm liking this song (alot) it's been featured on a tv ad' of late :) and this week at
work, it was on the radio. And i have just this minute googled the lyrics. Then....
i have just come on here to LITD thread and to my surprise it has been put on here.
WOW such coincidences.

Woah me and 9 guests currently browsing this thread??? I wonder why. Anyways, Hello everyone. :) Really like that song you posted MP.

MP sometimes you seem to be directly connected to the "litd muse" :unsure:

:yes:

Wow, this is the most incredible thread I've ever seen on any message board ever. It almost feels like MJ's soul is bound to it somehow with a particular urgency. If such a girl ever did exist, I'm sure she'd need to really hang in there as things would certainly feel far too much to bear. It would be nice to have some "Morning Glow."

Do you have the lyrics to share of the song, Morning Glow, Lyric Guy? Are they of an uplifting nature? Would they encourage the LITD girl/muse? (if she exists...

:shifty:
popcorn-MJ.gif

Wow, this is the most incredible thread I've ever seen on any message board ever. It almost feels like MJ's soul is bound to it somehow with a particular urgency.

:girl_sigh: :heart:

Oh, I was just engaging in a little hyperbole in hopes you girls could get the creative juices flowing again. It looked like you were having so much fun, and then things slowed down a bit. Maybe after 815 pages there isn't much left to say.

Even if it may not be relevant to the tale you're writing, since I am the LyricGuy, I'll post a bit of "Morning Glow":

Morning glow, morning glow
Starts to glimmer when you know
Winds of change are set to blow
And sweep this whole land through
Morning glow is long past due

Morning glow fill the earth
Come on shine far all you're worth
We'll be present at the birth
Of all faith looking new

Oh, (oh morning glow)
(I'd like to help you grow)
You should have started long ago

well LG, are you trying to wake up all the "sleeping beauties" in this thread to make them write more? One can't force anything, the thread goes like it goes. I guess when some more previously unreleased songs get released we will have more lyrics to interpret.

Oh, I was just engaging in a little hyperbole in hopes you girls could get the creative juices flowing again. It looked like you were having so much fun, and then things slowed down a bit. Maybe after 815 pages there isn't much left to say.

Even if it may not be relevant to the tale you're writing, since I am the LyricGuy, I'll post a bit of "Morning Glow":

Morning glow, morning glow
Starts to glimmer when you know
Winds of change are set to blow
And sweep this whole land through

Morning glow fill the earth
Come on shine far all you're worth
We'll be present at the birth
Of all faith looking new

Oh, (oh morning glow)
(I'd like to help you grow)
You should have started long ago

Thank you, LyricGuy!

The lyrics are full of hope and anticpation; they remind me a bit of the song the character, Tony, sings in West Side Story. You know how it starts, maybe, with these lyrics:

Could be!
Who knows?
There's something due any day;
I will know right away,
Soon as it shows.
It may come cannonballing down through the sky,
Gleam in its eye,
Bright as a rose!

But in this thread nowadays, it's hard to feel any kind of anticipation or hope for the LITD girl with MJ gone and all...(joins Ash in a *big sigh*) :cry:

MP's songs that she posts always help a bit....they take us back to better days. :)

I think I personally have returned to the way I viewed things when I first came across this thread, and that is back to having trouble believing MJ's lyrics were ever about a real girl. I can interpret many of his lyrics (and this thread helped with that) to be about a special girl if I put my mind to it. Like what has been shared before in here, there can seem to be a thread through many of his songs, with revisited themes, that could make one think they are about one particular girl or relationship or dream girl or major crush he might have had. But that doesn't mean it all wasn't just done by him through a creative lyric writing process, and nothing more. Love songs sell. :)

You're right Magicgirl, I think yet more songs are needed to be able to go much further in here. I'm not sure any of us can dig deep anymore into anything without some new material. What do you guys think?

Thanks again, LyricGuy, for your post! It's appreciated. And hi there, mysterygirl7, nice to see you popped in here again. *waves*

(and as an aside, doesn't Paris look so cute dressed in her black, red, and white cheerleading uniform! *does not include link..........* haha ... Go team, Go!!!)

It's raining for me here today and it is starting to feel all cozy for the Holiday Season...I hope all here will enjoy the season along with me! Blessings!

Welcome Lyric Guy! :) and thanks for posting the lyrics to one of my all time
favorite songs.

I remember having that record and playing this song and the other side which was from the same broadway show, Pippen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5bbRB356Y8

Lisha! :yes: Morning Glow actually does have that 'could be, who knows' sort of a meaning, or sense to it doesn't it? Its 'Somethin's Comin' after the fact (eg., "morning glow is here at last"

:unsure: A notation said that the B side of MG was With A Child's Heart *confused*

Morning Glow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k5ln2er5KQ

Interesting! LG I wonder what made you think of posting this song of all the songs? :brow: seems a bit er, imho random? :)(for lack of a better word)

and mentally stimulating :dance: thanks for livening up the thread with something that seems to me random and unexpected.

oh! the other side of Corner of the Sky was To Know

ah, another great one from childhood http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j9MJUTzZNU

Last edited:
Really? Morning Glow is originally from Pippin? I had that album, and I had bought it actually directly after seeing the musical in LA years and years ago. I hadn't remembered that song at all. Gettin' old... Corner of the Sky is more familiar.

So the Jackson 5 did a couple of songs from Pippin then. Interesting. I guess they liked the musical, too. :) I remember mostly all the Bob Fosse style dancing in it.

Oh, so in the end of the song, Morning Glow, the morning glow arrives! Well, that -is- encouraging then! Thanks for pointing that out, SoS. Maybe the LITD girl could find that song uplifting then. You sure know your early Jackson Five songs. :yes:

I don't know how much say the Jackson 5 had over the songs they did when at Motown. I believe the reason they left was so t hey could have control of their musical careers. I was glad they did those songs because it familiarized a little country girl about broadway a bit more.

I am familiar with the J5 songs that came out back then. It was such an interesting thing to see come onto the scene. We kids traded J5 records like some kids did baseball cards or something. Couldn't wait to see someone else's collection :)

well Lisha, as long as it seems to be some kind of dream thread, please let's not ruin a dream by getting too realistic! :) Concerning the lyrics it might be about many girls and none of them of course, in some songs maybe he was singing about some type of women he liked or disliked, but in a song he addressed to these type of women as to one woman. Maybe there was a fansy woman as well one can relate to, and some songs might have been addressed to some fansy woman as well.
"Morning Glow" is a great poem, the more I read it the more I start understanding it's sense.
Would be great if someone added something mystical to this thread.
SoS thanks for posting these retro songs, I liked the song from the last link the most.
Few days ago I stumbled across the link at youtube, where MJ described his song writing process.
There was a shorter video, but I could find only this one now when I searched again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChDXKKpXyZw

Thanks Magicgirl for providing that link! :) and glad you like To Know. It is really a very special song because it highlights so many of the brothers' amazing voices and especially that unique blend that is only the sound of The Jacksons the brothers together and Michael's vocals were so subtle in this song and yet so amazing and powerful. I feel it could have been a single because of its uniquness. MJ later seemed to very smartly have extracted this quality (of uniqueness) and used it for his own individual success. This is the kind of thing it must've been difficult to explain to his brothers how to also do. I digress ... I feel To Know deserves another link :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j9MJUTzZNU
cheers :flowers:

well Lisha, as long as it seems to be some kind of dream thread, please let's not ruin a dream by getting too realistic! :)

Gosh, you are so right, Magicgirl!!! I was getting a little toooooo into reality there for a second...MY BAD!!!! :lol: Ya know, it's like when one does some baking, sometimes just a pinch of salt is all that is needed or just a dash of nutmeg will do...in this thread, only a tiny bit of reality is necessary and even that, just here and there! :D

But it is true when posts stray too far from being imaginative and creative, romantic and dreamlike, much of the fun goes away. :yes: We do need to keep with a more upbeat tone in here. That's how MJ would have liked it, don't ya think?

I am familiar with the J5 songs that came out back then. It was such an interesting thing to see come onto the scene. We kids traded J5 records like some kids did baseball cards or something. Couldn't wait to see someone else's collection :)

SoS, do you still have all your J5 forty-fives?

Oh okay Lyric Guy, I just re-read your post of how you chose morning glow as a hyperbole...well it woke up the thread so maybe it did get a little "morning glow" somehow.

Yes, Lisha. I still have many of those same old 45s :)

MP that song was such an important memory for me you mystical muse you. Thanks for that :flowers:

I love this song :wub: its so playful /romantic

The song was originally written and recorded by Michael Jackson between 2000 and 2004
the demo was on his 2004 box set, The Ultimate Collection with the title "The Way You Love Me".
This song is the remixed version that was released on "Michae"l Album.

There is a whole page about the song on Wiki

"(I Like) The Way You Love Me" is the remixed version of "The Way You Love Me", a song by American recording artist Michael Jackson included on his posthumous album Michael, which was released in Korea as a digital single on January 18, 2011,[SUP][1][/SUP] and released in Italian radio stations on July 8, 2011.[SUP][2][/SUP] The song previously appeared on The Ultimate Collection (2004) with the title "The Way You Love Me" as an unreleased track. For Michael, the song has been re-arranged and more vocals have been added.[SUP][3][/SUP] A clip of the song was remixed and released on the 2 disc deluxe edition of the Immortal album on November 21, 2011.

MORE INFO http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/(I_Like)_The_Way_You_Love_Me

Back