Did you ever see Michael live?

Hess;4150275 said:
Hmm, but the allegation was in 1993, so why would he be addicted to painkillers already in 1992?

Or has he been addicted since the Pepsi accicent? - I don't really believe that. - I don't think he was addicted to any pills during the BAD tour... - Then again, I do not know, just my guess.

After the allegations I think life hurt him so much the painkillers started taking over, and no wonder, must have been a living hell for many years - and with the stupid media - from 1993 to he died it must have been terrible...

Could be that I´m wrong ... but years later, I read (sorry, I cannot give you a source) that he had prescription drug problems / issues at that time (1992) ...

Since the allegations: Yes, he was suffering, suffering in public also ... and so many people ridiculed him for this. Who deserves something like that? People read tabloids like a quick fix, laugh about and condemn / judge (Michael). Then they turn the page and go on with their lives ...

ummm we do there is contradictory here... Painkillers are for pain.. not allegations! the pain steamed from Pepsi commercial in the 80's... so he would have started much prior to 1992..

History Tour, Prague 1996

10735895_349133078580000_1550273356_n.jpg

Munich, 1997

michael+jackson+(31).jpg

I saw MJ perform on September 10th, 2001 in NYC and later that year at a 9/11 benefit concert in Washington DC.

I also met MJ in 1993 at a Toys R Us.

Gorgeous thread (y)

I'll add my part of the story :blush: Well, here I only 'focused' on the LIVE stuff now :eek:

I've been Blessed to see MJ about 13 times that would be
9 concerts, 3 parties and one Demo but going into detail here
would make this Blog into a novel so I'll just stick to #SeeingMJLive.
The first time I ‘felt’ Michael was during one of his BAD concerts.
I was so damn nervous. I could hardly eat and I lost so much weight.
Yep, I was the usual teenager with a crush on someone.
That someone was Michael Jackson though!
The concert was MAGICAL!
My friend saw how the LOVE strolled out of my eyes and
I was on cloud 9 for sure during the concert.
8 more concerts followed the 'line up'.
Prague, Amsterdam, London, Ostend, Germany (MJ & Friends)
and New York (MSG).
Still I regret I missed the Dangerous tour.
Ah, sometimes life gets in the way hey.
I made up for it though, I was able to see 6 History concerts!
An MJ Concert is truly SPECIAL and
‘tough’ to explain if you haven’t ‘felt’ it.
I feel at HOME in Michael’s presence.
That’s the only right word for it.
The 3 Wembley concerts were absolutely FABULOUS!
I did meet my friends and new fans and we had one day
burning sun and the other pouring rain. We had NO shelter,
minimum on food and drink but who needs that
if you’re close to Michael!
Ah, the things you do for Michael hey!
I even went to ‘MJ & friends’ in Germany, Munich in 1999.
We went with a whole group and my friend and I even
got a green bracelet as we’re talking about the 13 hours on that bus.
The security guy overhearing our convo smiled at us and
he invited us to the VIP section of the field.
We were so proud and it was ‘Bliss’ for a moment but
then I did get the shock of my life though as
during “Earth song” Michael had the ‘accident ‘with the bridge.
Always a daredevil, hey!
You could see he was in such pain through the rest of his show but
Michael is a PRO and he didn’t want to cause ‘hysteria’ so
he continued ’till the last note.
We exactly had to jump away for the speeding ambulance so
we dreaded to go back home.
It was really kind of Michael to ‘invite’ fans to his room the next day
he was out of hospital as he knew we were worried how he was.
Last but not least, there was MSG!
Michael’s 30th Anniversary concert.
That was really cool and I still can’t believe I was there LIVE!
I saw Michael only on the 7th cause I just booked 4 days NY.
The ticket was quite expensive so I could only afford one that
'gobbled' up all my savings lol.
I also did see MJ on MJDay10 in London in 2001 and
the Killer Thriller Party in 2002.
In July 2002, I saw Michael for the 'very last' time during
the Sony demo and then at the Fan award party in NY.
Being in MJ's presence was all worth it though and
I cherish every moment I spend in his 'glow'.

Taken from http://www.mjjcommunity.com/blog/the-best-days-of-my-life

Yes, it´s a great tread. And so I will do here my very first post since I signed in mjjc - since one and a half years.
Because - at this time, this hour 19 years before I stood in the front of the stage in Bremen where Michael performed. It was all - great, wonderful........ To see Michael so close. I had the luck to see him some times more: in the HIStory-concerts in Prague and Berlin. I saw him in front of his hotel when he arrived in Prague and on the red carpet in Berlin to the Bambi-Award.

I wish I did but sadly, I don't :(
His last tour (HIStory) on our country is just my birth year. He died when I was just 11 yrs old.

Never saw him perform :cry: :cry: :cry: , I had tix to two shows for This Is It.

I met him a bunch of times tho, throughout 2003-2005. :heart:

Unfortunately not.
I wanted to the This is it tour but you all know what happend. :cry:

Unfortunately not, but my fortunate aunt had the chance to witness the King Of Pop at two gigs, one at the Bad Tour, and I'm not certain of the other one.

Hello Saw MJ Live In Adelaide in 96,
it was my First & Last Concert, HiStory Tour Was Amazing to see him live :smilerolleyes:

1974 ish when the Commondores opened for the J5, 1976 when Natalie Cole opened for them, 1981 Triumph tour at the now gone Cap Centre and 1984 Victory at RFK stadium..yep..that old :lol:

What an amazing list of shows.

1974 ish when the Commondores opened for the J5, 1976 when Natalie Cole opened for them, 1981 Triumph tour at the now gone Cap Centre and 1984 Victory at RFK stadium..yep..that old :lol:

You didn't go to the Bad Tour when it came to Washington DC?

While I wish I watched MJ perform, I cannot say I'd trade my experience for the that.. Considering the rarity of what I was able to do!

I do!

-Dangerous Tour: Madrid, Spain 92
-HIStory Tour: Zaragoza, Spain 96
-HIStory Tour: Bremen, Germany 97
-HIStory Tour: London, UK 97
-HIStory Tour: Valladolid, Spain 97
-MJ & Friends: Munich, Germany 99
-30 Anniversary: NYC 2001 (7th)
-30 Anniversary: NYC 2001 (10th)

And, crazy as it sounds, I have 25 dates for This Is It :(

Saw him August in Leeds in 1988 cant remember too much as i was very young. Then Glasgow in 1992. Sorta glad i didnt go to the History tour as it would have been like just listening to a CD haha , but still experience was amazing. I remember thinking before Glasgow that there would be tons of costume changes but I remember the songs being very quick after each other apart from the break in middle.

I never got to, as I was only fifteen when he died, and I had only become a proper fan three years prior.
I do remember my parents were trying to get me tickets to see "This Is It;" if they were able to, they weren't going to tell me; they were just going to get me in the car and start driving, and when I would eventually ask where we were going, they would say, "oh, we're just taking you to see Michael Jackson."
If anyone has any more stories about seeing Michael live, please post them and let me live vicariously through you :)

Sorta glad i didnt go to the History tour as it would have been like just listening to a CD haha , but still experience was amazing.

that's not at all what it sounded like, at least not to me. 3 of the 4 MJ concerts I was at, I was up front, and having the speakers blasting in your face, it sounds different than when you're not that close. it sounded like noise rather than music, and his voice sounded like he was screaming. and I do mean literally screaming. the ears get "affected" in a different way when that close to the speakers. other artists I have been to concerts with, I was farther away, and it sounded different. that wasn't playback, but honestly, I can't tell the difference when I'm at the concert. that's not until I see it on video, and even then, I can't always tell

Saw him August in Leeds in 1988 cant remember too much as i was very young. Then Glasgow in 1992. Sorta glad i didnt go to the History tour as it would have been like just listening to a CD haha , but still experience was amazing. I remember thinking before Glasgow that there would be tons of costume changes but I remember the songs being very quick after each other apart from the break in middle.

Remember the Time would've been a big costume change but unfortunately it was scrapped.

I wish I could have seen him perform in Amsterdam during the HIStory tour but I was way too young ...

Back