Drake featuring Michael Jackson (TONIGHT)

I quite like Drake's singing voice , it's obviously nothing outstanding but it works on tracks like this , few others like controlla and feel no ways (if you know your Drake stuff)

The MJ vocals I do not care for at all, he sounds very flat/out of tune and would not have approved of this. It's not his fault.

There vocals are prob from a casual sitting with Paul Anka and MJ was just trying to get a feel of the song without ever trying to sound his best.

How do people feel about the song 5 years after its release?

The majority of people on this thread disliked it but honestly looking at certain aspects of it isn't as bad. The production of the song is alright and it's a nice, calming R&B song but Drake's vocals is... I won't lie, he has a really boring singing voice and it's not even much different from him just talking. I don't know how he's the most streamed artist currently. Michael's vocals sound out of place and don't match the song especially on the chorus, but the part where he sings at the end is soothing and redeems that aspect of the song to me. It's a 5/10-6/10 song Imo but I would've rather gotten the demo the way it was, even if it's just a piano or if it doesn't have all the vocals.
Drake removed this track from his concert after the Leaving Neverland documentary...

You people complain when we make more threads about the same topic but you also complain when we use one of the old ones instead. What the hell do you want us to do?

I'm sorry but I can't help but feel like the only reason you're even saying this is because I said we have like 12 threads about unreleased songs when you made another one lol.

There's really no reason to bump a thread that hasn't been posted in for 5 plus years, or 10 plus years.

I'm sorry but I can't help but feel like the only reason you're even saying this is because I said we have like 12 threads about unreleased songs when you made another one lol.
It's not just that, I've seen people go "do we really need another thread about x album?" or going something like "sorry if I remember threads instead of making another 10th thread about the same thing!!". I used one of the old threads specifically to avoid comments like that and because it's a normal thing here but I guess you can't please everyone.
There's really no reason to bump a thread that hasn't been posted in for 5 plus years, or 10 plus years.
In other forums that's true, but this is a forum about a deceased artist with a Estate that rarely does anything so we never have anything new to talk about. If people don't like when others make new threads about the same topic then necrobumping threads is the only alternative there is.

Happens all the time tbh, we've seen random threads from over a decade ago suddenly being bumped again.

I've seen it quite often on this site.

Horrible song. I think I have listened to this song maybe once since the initial week of its release. Michael’s vocals are heavily auto tuned and Drake’s vocals as per usual are boring, dull and uninspiring.

The only positive thing is that Michael was able to score another hit on the charts, thanks to this collaboration.

Either I don't notice auto-tune or I just don't be bothered by it. I literally can never tell when they modulate MJs voice. Except in the case of Michael. Which was glaringly bad on Hollywood Tonight, and also noticable in other parts of songs like I Like The Way You Love Me and Best of Joy.

This one idkes have an effect but it feels intentional, to add to the song, not really to clean up the vocals or anything like that. The Anka demoes sound clean enough, we know how they are mastered and what not.

In other forums that's true, but this is a forum about a deceased artist with a Estate that rarely does anything so we never have anything new to talk about. If people don't like when others make new threads about the same topic then necrobumping threads is the only alternative there is.

People have problems with threads being made about topics that there's already an active thread for, not threads that haven't been posted in for 5 years and are on page 30.

It's 18 pages of complaining about how bad the song is, I see nothing wrong with keeping that going here.

The best part of this thread is going back and reading the absolute horrid hot takes most of y'all had back then. Like, jeez, somebody said fake vocals? And I deal with y'all everyday now lol. @Hulkamaniac gave the most measured take, that's saying something.

Back