Dylan Farrow's Story (New York Times)

What Woody said about the timeline is pretty much what i always heard. That's why many believe Mia used her children as pawns to punish Woody. And it's no secret parents turn to brain-washing children in custody battles.

So this is really their story, that Woody molested Dylan during their divorce. And it doesn't raise a red flag for people about these allegations? I mean I see a lot of people lynching WA (including that Vanity Fair - of course, once again their lynching campaign is led by Maureen Orth). But this is a crazy allegation. One should believe that WA never molested a girl before or after, but he chose exactly the time of his divorce from Mia to molest Dylan. Very conveniently for Mia. It would be the craziest thing from WA. You've got an angry, scorned wife, who is threatening you and who is turning your kids against you and you choose exactly this time to molest one of your kids? It really makes sense for people? Jesus! Unless I'm missing something this story is just crazy.

In the video WA also showed a written mesage from Mia which said:

"Child molestor at birthday party!
Molded then abused one sister
Now focused on youngest sister
Family disgusted"

According to WA, Mia wrote it a month before the alleged abuse. Of course, it's his words that it was written before the alleged abuse, but if it's true that's one another give away about Mia's motives. Accusing him of molesting Dylan before he supposedly did...

1. Mia never went to the police about the allegation of sexual abuse. Her lawyer told her on August 5, 1992, to take the seven-year-old Dylan to a pediatrician, who was bound by law to report Dylan’s story of sexual violation to law enforcement and did so on August 6.
2. Allen had been in therapy for alleged inappropriate behavior toward Dylan with a child psychologist before the abuse allegation was presented to the authorities or made public. Mia Farrow had instructed her babysitters that Allen was never to be left alone with Dylan.
3. Allen refused to take a polygraph administered by the Connecticut state police. Instead, he took one from someone hired by his legal team. The Connecticut state police refused to accept the test as evidence. The state attorney, Frank Maco, says that Mia was never asked to take a lie-detector test during the investigation.
4. Allen subsequently lost four exhaustive court battles—a lawsuit, a disciplinary charge against the prosecutor, and two appeals—and was made to pay more than $1 million in Mia’s legal fees. Judge Elliott Wilk, the presiding judge in Allen’s custody suit against Farrow, concluded that there is “no credible evidence to support Mr. Allen’s contention that Ms. Farrow coached Dylan or that Ms. Farrow acted upon a desire for revenge against him for seducing Soon-Yi.”
5. In his 33-page decision, Judge Wilk found that Mr. Allen’s behavior toward Dylan was “grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her.” The judge also recounts Farrow’s misgivings regarding Allen’s behavior toward Dylan from the time she was between two and three years old. According to the judge’s decision, Farrow told Allen, “You look at her [Dylan] in a sexual way. You fondled her . . . You don’t give her any breathing room. You look at her when she’s naked.”
6. Dylan’s claim of abuse was consistent with the testimony of three adults who were present that day. On the day of the alleged assault, a babysitter of a friend told police and gave sworn testimony that Allen and Dylan went missing for 15 or 20 minutes, while she was at the house. Another babysitter told police and also swore in court that on that same day, she saw Allen with his head on Dylan’s lap facing her body, while Dylan sat on a couch “staring vacantly in the direction of a television set.” A French tutor for the family told police and testified that that day she found Dylan was not wearing underpants under her sundress. The first babysitter also testified she did not tell Farrow that Allen and Dylan had gone missing until after Dylan made her statements. These sworn accounts contradict Moses Farrow’s recollection of that day in People magazine.
7. The Yale-New Haven Hospital Child Sex Abuse Clinic’s finding that Dylan had not been sexually molested, cited repeatedly by Allen’s attorneys, was not accepted as reliable by Judge Wilk, or by the Connecticut state prosecutor who originally commissioned them. The state prosecutor, Frank Maco, engaged the Yale-New Haven team to determine whether Dylan would be able to perceive facts correctly and be able to repeat her story on the witness stand. The panel consisted of two social workers and a pediatrician, Dr. John Leventhal, who signed off on the report but who never saw Dylan or Mia Farrow. No psychologists or psychiatrists were on the panel. The social workers never testified; the hospital team only presented a sworn deposition by Dr. Leventhal, who did not examine Dylan.
All the notes from the report were destroyed. Her confidentiality was then violated, and Allen held a news conference on the steps of Yale University to announce the results of the case. The report concluded Dylan had trouble distinguishing fantasy from reality. (For example, she had told them there were “dead heads” in the attic and called sunset “the magic hour.” In fact, Mia kept wigs from her movies on styrofoam blocks in a trunk in the attic.) The doctor subsequently backed down from his contention.
The Connecticut state police, the state attorney, and Judge Wilk all had serious reservations about the report’s reliability.

8. Allen changed his story about the attic where the abuse allegedly took place. First, Allen told investigators he had never been in the attic where the alleged abuse took place. After his hair was found on a painting in the attic, he admitted that he might have stuck his head in once or twice. A top investigator concluded that his account was not credible.
9. The state attorney, Maco, said publicly he did have probable cause to press charges against Allen but declined, due to the fragility of the “child victim.” Maco told me that he refused to put Dylan through an exhausting trial, and without her on the stand, he could not prosecute Allen.
10. I am not a longtime friend of Mia Farrow’s, and I did not make any deal with her. I have been personally accused of helping my “long-time friend” Mia Farrow place the story that ran in Vanity Fair’s November 2013 issue as part of an effort to help launch Ronan Farrow’s media career. I have also been accused of agreeing to some type of deal with Mia Farrow guaranteeing that the sexual-abuse allegation against Woody Allen would be revisited. For the record, I met Mia Farrow for the first time in 2003, more than 10 years after the first piece was published, at a nonfiction play she appeared in for a benefit in Washington, D.C. I saw her and Dylan again the next day. That is the last time I saw her until I approached her in April 2013 to do a story about her family and how they had fared over the years. I talked to eight of her children, including Dylan and a reluctant Ronan. There was no deal of any kind. Moses Farrow declined to be interviewed for the 2013 piece

This is very similar to what happened to MJ, Mia never contacted the police , her lawyer told her how she could protect herself . She claims she saw first hand his misconduct when Dylan was only 2 to 3 years old but never reported him, babysisters suddenly came forward with supporting testimony after Dylan claimed he molested her .....etc.

Very similar to MJ's story. that was in the news in 1992? Is it now safe to assume this was the case that influenced Evan and Rothman? most probably

So he was molesting 2 years old girl ? then his taste developed to 19 years old girls ? that's a pattern ? !!

rereading it , it seems she had a memory of one incident of molestation? OMG how ridiculous.
2. Allen had been in therapy for alleged inappropriate behavior toward Dylan with a child psychologist before the abuse allegation was presented to the authorities or made public.

If a medical professional knew a crime was committed or could be committed during the course of his work especially against children he/she is bound by law to report it to the police. If indeed he was in therapy for molesting her how come he was not reported ?

They are counting on people's ignorance. The more I know about this case the less sympathy I have for Dylan

Last edited:
^ That article is written by Maureen Orth so I do not trust it at all. We know how she cherry-picks and twists information to fit her agenda.

Maybe she thinks the fact Mia took Dylan to a therapist rather than to the police and at the advise of her lawyer made the therapist report it, speaks for Mia, but it's actually the opposite. Like we know from the Chandler case such a thing is done so that the accusing party cannot be sued in case the allegations are false. I agree that Rothman and Evan Chandler could have taken a leaf from this playbook a year later.

Regarding these babysitters, until they are not cross-examined their depositions are just that: claims. One can cite the Ralph Chacon, Adrian McManus' etc. "sworn depositions" against MJ, but citing them and not telling how they demonstrably lied on the stand, how they had monetary motives to lie etc., would be misleading. Nevertheless the media, including Orth, often used this tactic of quoting prosecution witnesses and never reporting about the problems with them and their testimonies. It could be the same about these so called witnesses against WA.

To me the whole story lost any credibility when I learned what they claim is that Allen molested Dylan while they were in the middle of this ugly divorce. I don't think anyone would be such a fool.

Last edited:
Agreed^^ you claim a man did something when the child was 2-3 and you never reported him to the police, but tried to keep him as your man. What a mother.

Sunwalker7;3959242 said:
In our society there is a tendency to blame female victims for sex crimes. It sounds crazy, but I think it’s true. It’s like everybody thinks rape and abuse are terrible things, but when presented with an actual rape case many people blame the victim anyway - maybe for dressing or acting a certain way, or being drunk, or being in X place at Y o’clock or whatever.

Another thing is that women are often seen as less credible, less trustworthy than men. When a man tells his story people are more willing to take his word for it, whereas with a woman I think people are often more suspicious of her motives, or her emotional state. Accusations of being too emotional and exaggerating things, or imagining things or straight-up lying come up more often with women than men, I think.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought of this. When I saw the hypocrisy with how the media treated this case compared to Michael's, the gender of the alleged "victims" came to mind. I hate to play that card, but it always seems like if a man is accused of molesting or raping a younger man/boy, people are quick to coddle the boy and call for the accused person's head on a pike before any legal action even happens But if the accuser is female, there's instant doubt.

There was a case in Ohio last year where a high school student was gang raped by other male students, who actually filmed the whole thing and even bragged about it online. Despite proof of it happening there almost wasn't a trial, since there was apparently a "boys will be boys" mentality going on. Thankfully they were convicted and sent to jail, but there was still some victim blaming going on since the girl had been drinking. It's just really sad.

I'm not trying to say I believe Dylan Farrow's accusations. There's some convincing arguments on both sides, but I find it interesting how she still sticks to her story two decades later. I think one thing everyone can agree on is that it's pretty messed up how Woody Allen was pampered by the media while Michael got torn to shreds over the exact same thing.

Back