Eddie Murphy talks about Whatzupwitu and Remember the Time

Nice interview. Thanks for posting.

The video is a bit cringeworthy (though hilarious) but I actually love the song.

Michael embarrassed Eddie on the song because he's so much better vocally lol. It was kind of sad to listen too. Haha. Michael sounds so good in this song.

Now we're talking Eddie Murphy... can I also mention Yeah? From the same album as Whatzupwitu. Eddie gathered many famous people, including Michael: Aaron Hall, Amy Grant, Babyface, Barry White, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Emmanuel Lewis, En Vogue, Garth Brooks, Heavy D, Howard Hewett, Janet Jackson, Johnny Gill, Julio Iglesias, Luther Vandross, MC Hammer, Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle, Paul McCartney, Richie Sambora, Stevie Wonder and Teddy Pendergrass.

And basically the only thing they're singing is "yeah". :rollin: Hilarious...

Michael can be heard throughout the song.

Now we're talking Eddie Murphy... can I also mention Yeah? From the same album as Whatzupwitu. Eddie gathered many famous people, including Michael: Aaron Hall, Amy Grant, Babyface, Barry White, Bon Jovi, Elton John, Emmanuel Lewis, En Vogue, Garth Brooks, Heavy D, Howard Hewett, Janet Jackson, Johnny Gill, Julio Iglesias, Luther Vandross, MC Hammer, Michael Jackson, Patti LaBelle, Paul McCartney, Richie Sambora, Stevie Wonder and Teddy Pendergrass.

Love Michael on this. He sounds incredible.

I didnt know this existed lol

Here's an excerpt from a new article:

by Anthony Breznican • January 14, 2020 • Vanity Fair

What’s next for you? You’re revisiting some of the things that you’ve done, like SNL and Coming to America, but what is it that you haven’t done? Is there anything?
I haven’t gotten down that road yet. Yeah, the future is always, always there. Just like I said, I want to stay the person that I am and spend as much time as I can with my family, and the people that I love. You know, just do me. So many of my contemporaries are dead, like the people that came on the scene when I came on the scene in the ’80s. The people that I knew around my age—that had impact in their areas—they’re mostly…they’re gone. Michael…and Prince…and Whitney, those are my contemporaries. And they’re gone.

What does that make you think about the future, given that it may not always be there.
Without getting into the logistics of what they did, as to why they’re not here, what they all had in common was that their career, their life as artists, was all-consuming. That was that. The center of their whole shit, their life revolved around them as artists. Everything else suffered as a result of that. Your personal relationships, and your finances, and all that stuff. Substance abuse problems. All that stuff [happens] because show business can’t be what’s at the center. Especially if you get to reach these highest levels, and you’re Michael Jackson or you’re Prince, or you’re Elvis. If you’re sitting on that, and show business is everything, that’s the recipe for early exit.

it's funny because I had this on my iPod nano, and people were like "Eddie Murphy?" Because they don't know he sings some songs. And Is it true that Paul McCartney is in the song Yeah

In an interview with The New York Times on the occasion of the release of the sequel to the film A Prince in New York, which is scheduled to be released on March 5 on Amazon Prime Video,

HALL I’m here ’cause I’m broke — he’s here ’cause he’s good. [Laughter]

MURPHY I don’t see myself as a movie star or a comedian or any of those things. I see myself as an artist. And I feel like there’s a bunch of different ways I can express myself.

HALL You can pop by Eddie’s, and he’ll play a song for you. And you can’t even believe, wait, that’s you on guitar? That’s you singing? You wrote and produced this track? And that’s what he does for fun. For him it’s like crocheting a hat.

MURPHY I have so many tracks and collaborations with people — Michael [Jackson], El DeBarge — all these people I’ve been in the studio with over the years and never finished it or never released it.

HALL He does so many things. He does them as well as anybody else. He’s a beast. It’s hard to deal with.

A phrase that leaves fans of the King of Pop dreaming about a possible unreleased title with Eddie Murphy.

For novices, on Eddie Murphy's 1992 album "Love's Alright", Michael Jackson sang the chorus on the song "Yeah" with several artists and did a duet on "Whatzupwitu" which was released as a single and was the subject of a music video.

1992 also corresponds to the release of Michael Jackson's Music Video Remember The Time in which Eddie Murphy plays the Pharaoh.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/24/m...2-america.html

Eddie was on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last night and told a little story about Mike being at Sammy Davis Jr.'s house. It starts around 3:43.

Eddie was on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last night and told a little story about Mike being at Sammy Davis Jr.'s house. It starts around 3:43.
stand behind the door? -fuckin sounds like me :LOL:lol my "its too peopley outside" mindset , good video , Great thread

I used to listen to Love’s Alright fairly regularly. It’s a cool album! I like Eddie’s Hey, Joe.

Eddie's Michael Jackson sketches on Saturday Night Live in the 1980s became the stuff of legend, but he insisted the jokes were 'never mean-spirited' as 'I knew him.'

D_cjPaZWkAESAhq.jpg

I used to listen to Love’s Alright fairly regularly. It’s a cool album! I like Eddie’s Hey, Joe.
Fabulous .
in England ,well.. in my neck of the woods, i dunno if the other english kids were successful ,(kids- if you were successful, let us know here lol )
but .. it wasn't possible to get Love's Alright here so i 'just' had Whatzupwitu on The Box channel , but like i mentioned a couple few posts back -i made use of it let me tell you.
i felt it my duty to "seahorse" to keep that piece of art on rotation cause he was " always in the ocean / always in the seas "
bobbing about spreading luv n Positivity with Eddie , i didnt see sky - i saw water , swirly fantastical art . It was optimistic... slightly a 70s vibe to me,
to me , innocent and free ,the title was great , that in itself grabbed me cause it was different. i honestly had huge admiration for their video so , so , so much.

Fabulous .
in England ,well.. in my neck of the woods, i dunno if the other english kids were successful ,(kids- if you were successful, let us know here lol )
Makes me wonder how I managed to get a hold of it? 🤔 In Sweden, of all places! Honestly, I have no clue, but I had it from very close to its release. Used to go for long walks with Love’s Alright in my CD walkman. Ah, the memories!

Makes me wonder how I managed to get a hold of it? 🤔
Lucky lil bugger
In Sweden, of all places! Honestly, I have no clue, but I had it from very close to its release.
Absolutely thrilled for you and i hope you still have it :ROFLMAO:😮🫣:censored: "look in your drawer it's hidden/wrapped in a scarf of innocence and wonder "
Used to go for long walks with Love’s Alright in my CD walkman. Ah, the memories!
Oh the pain! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: 💕

Here's a new interview. Mike is briefly mentioned (because he's in a group picture from the Sammy Davis Jr. birthday special). If you only want to see that, it's around 6:25. But the most interesting stories to me are the ones about Stevie Wonder, Dick Cavett, & Lola Falana. But I guess you would have to know who they are to find the stories funny, lol.

Back