Elvis Presley

I love everything and anything Elvis-related. I've been obsessed with him since I was 12. And I like it. ;)

Ur welcome Roxanne ^_^

Oh my gosh these fans are going just almost as insane as i wouldve been...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geVeTQT3UiY

Loveeeee when he moves his leg back with his hands :wub: :lol:

Id give anything to have this shirt :eek: (the one he wore in Jailhouse Rock) $13,000....I think its worth more than that. :)

21.jpg

Last edited:
if any of you can get to las vegas, go to the elvis museum...smaller than graceland's one, but lots of cool artifacts! i met a co-star of his from blue hawaii and girls girls girls...there's a few of his jumpsuits, some gold/plat. records *@ least when i went in 06* and some great elvis tribute artists that sing his songs...my only regret, is i wish i was able to buy more stuff. but when i go back, i'll def. be maxing out my credit cards :p

he was on fire back then ('50s). in the '60s he was awesome too. i love the movies he made in that decade. at least most of them.

He was :wub:
The only thing that ever slowed him down was when the Beatles first came on the scene. And of course Tom Parker didnt help matters any either with his whole 'u cant tour outside the Country cause of my immigration problems' :dry:
Yeah his movies were amazing! Like u said tho...most of them. I honestly didnt like all of them - he was a great actor but the Colonel had him locked into too many of the same scripts/different title type movies, even Elvis himself was sick of it.

I think the majority of his movies were pretty bad (so did he). But I love Jailhouse Rock (my absolute favourite), Love Me Tender, King Creole, G.I. Blues, Flaming Star (Elvis's best acting ever), Viva Las Vegas and The Way It Is (if you count it as a movie).

Yeah apparantly he used to gripe and be mad for days cause of a new script he got.
My favorite of his was 'Change Of Habit' :yes:
And of course Girl Happy, Jailhouse Rock, Thats The Way It Is, Loving You, King Creole, Flaming Star (the colonel hated that one cause there was only 2 songs...:dry: ), GI blues (LOVED when he was babysitting! lol), Viva Las Vegas, Spinout, Kissin Cousins, and Blue Hawaii :wub:

Last edited:
Oh my gosh loooooook!!!! :wub:

http://www.centredaily.com/business/story/347974.html

Elvis' Close Colleagues Jerry Schilling and Joe Guercio Enter into Multi-Year Agreements with the Elvis Cruise

2008 Sailing from Port of New Orleans

ST. LOUIS — The Elvis Cruise, LLC (the "Cruise"), the only Elvis Presley Enterprises (EPE) licensed cruise dedicated to the life, times and music of Elvis Presley, has announced that it has signed agreements with Jerry Schilling to act as the Host and Producer of The Elvis Cruise and with Joe Guercio to serve as the Cruises' Musical Director.
Schilling and Guercio bring decades of professional and personal experience with Elvis Presley to the Cruise's unique program. In his role as the Cruise's Host, Schilling, a friend of Elvis for years, is dedicated to making this Elvis experience as authentic and as rich as possible. Guercio, who also was an Elvis close friend and collaborator, will be providing cruisers with the very best in musical production.
"Both Schilling and Guercio were primarily responsible for the various production elements required to make the Cruise a true celebration of Elvis' music and a tribute to his legacy," says Michael McKay, Executive Producer of the Cruise.
After meeting Elvis at a local pick up football game in 1954 at the age of 12, Schilling and Elvis became good friends. In 1964 he went to work for Elvis as the youngest member of The Memphis Mafia. Since then, Jerry has spent the last 45 years in the entertainment industry managing such acts as The Beach Boys, Jerry Lee Lewis and Lisa Presley. Some of his TV and film projects include the A&E Biography's on Brian Wilson and Sam Phillips, and co-producing the ABC prime-time television series "ELVIS, the Early Years." Most recently he has released his memoir "Me and A Guy Named Elvis" My Lifelong Friendship with Elvis Presley. Schilling is still involved in developing projects dedicated to experiencing the life and music of Elvis, such as The Elvis Cruise.
"Many people have tried to recreate Elvis, but lost the richness of his soul. So it is exciting to be a part of an experience that has brought that richness and has sought solely to create an entertaining and authentic Elvis experience," said Schilling. He adds, "I believe Elvis would be proud of what we are doing."
Best known and admired for his work with Elvis Presley, Guercio has had a prolific career. He was musical director and conductor for Elvis' concert shows from the summer of 1970 to the summer of 1977, when Elvis made his last concert appearance. His other works include: being musical director for the International Hotel in Las Vegas, Diana Ross, Jim Nabors, Florence Henderson, Diahann Carroll, Gladys Knight, Ann-Margret and Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme; being medley arranger for Barbra Streisand's 1972 hit Sweet Inspiration/Where You Lead; and accompanying blues legend B.B. King to Rome to meet Pope John Paul II and perform in the Vatican's fifth Christmas concert. Guercio's work with Natalie Cole to reunite her on stage in duet with her late father, Nat King Cole, pre-dated her famous early 1990's duet recordings and videos with Mr. Cole.

In addition to being the Musical Director of The Elvis Cruise, Guercio has recently produced The Tanya Tucker Christmas Show.
"Jerry Schilling and Joe Guercio have a genuine personal connection and a history with Elvis Presley. They have put their hearts, souls and wealth of experience into making this program entertaining, authentic and special," said McKay. "This cruise is the ultimate experience for anyone who admires the work of Elvis, and wishes to mingle and be entertained by the best performers in the music industry."
The Elvis Cruise, which will embark August 28, 2009, from New Orleans, includes four nights and two afternoons of live onboard entertainment, with each night dedicated to one of the truly spectacular phases of Elvis' life and career, one afternoon in the Cozumel port of call and many opportunities to interact closely with Elvis' original cast musical artists.
For more details about the cruise, please visit www.theelviscruise.com, or call 1-800-704-3034.
About The Elvis Cruise
The Elvis Cruise is the only EPE approved and licensed cruise in the world. It is dedicated to the life, times and music of Elvis Presley. The inaugural sailing of The Elvis Cruise was in August, 2007. It is a full ship charter in partnership with Carnival Cruise Line aboard the MS Fantasy.

I liked him in the 50's, thought he was pretty good then. Didn't care for him as much after that, but he still made some good tunes.

He couldn't act but i enjoyed Jailhouse rock, fave song aswell lol.

Yeah Jailhouse Rock was AMAZING :wub:
I think my favorite Elvis songs are "Suspicious Minds" and "Dont Be Cruel". I can listen to "Dont Be Cruel" over and over again and never get tired of it.

Elvis was a genius and a legend, I love his music. :wub:

Last edited:
bump :innocent:

suspicious i love that animation of elvis in ur siggy :D that ready teddy performance was amazing. i think i had watched it more than a million times when i was a kid :mello:

bump :innocent:

suspicious i love that animation of elvis in ur siggy :D that ready teddy performance was amazing. i think i had watched it more than a million times when i was a kid :mello:

Thank you! I have tons of them - not enough tho. lol
Yep thats when he was all full of life - nothing in front of him but success. :wub: Those early videos of him are timeless. Even tho hes been gone over 30 years you can still watch them and get excited like he had just performed it for the first time.

Awww Elvis And Priscilla got #13 on the top 25 Country Couples :wub:

13) May 1, 1967 - Elvis Presley married Priscilla Beaulieu at the Aladdin Hotel in Las Vegas. The King's insular lifestyle pretty much tore them apart by 1973, and you could feel the sadness in his song choice in his final years. It's safe to say that even though the marriage ended, they never stopped loving each other.

http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_feature/article/0,3038,GAC_26499_5267707_02,00.html

Last edited:
Elvis Presley will be honored with a star on the Las Vegas Walk of Stars. The formal announcement and kick-off for "A Star for Elvis" campaign takes place Thursday, February 28, 2008 in Las Vegas at the birthday celebration of a long-standing, award-winning local Elvis Impersonator, Big Elvis, who has a daily show on the Vegas Strip. The celebration will include 5 hours of non-stop entertainment by Elvis Tribute Artists, other Vegas performers, and is free to the public. Also attending and doing q & a for the audience will be a variety of Elvis co-stars from his movies, as well as Memphis Mafia member and author of Elvis book, Sonny West.

:) :wub:

elvis was not a good artist most his songs were written by other people...and he was not the king of anything...

elvis was not a good artist most his songs were written by other people...and he was not the king of anything...

and you don't have to ruin the thread by saying your opinion , if you don't like him, keep away from it, don't spam it for the sake of his fans.

Hey if you would do something for me - google king of rock and roll and see whose name comes up. :)
Then after thats done we can talk about if hes the king of anything or not. And trust me u dont wanna debate me on this. :)

and you don't have to ruin the thread by saying your opinion , if you don't like him, keep away from it, don't spam it for the sake of his fans.

Exactly ^_^

Last edited:
wow good news about the Star for Elvis. Elvis being such an influencial musicians in history I would have thought the star would have come sooner! Im no elvis fan but my mum is! lol

It's good news about LMP...rumours/reports about her expecting a little person. congrats to her if true.

Hey if you would do something for me - google king of rock and roll and see whose name comes up. :)
Then after thats done we can talk about if hes the king of anything or not. And trust me u dont wanna debate me on this. :)

a lot of names came up when i did that chuck berry, little richard, jerry lee lewis and elvis. again he wasn't the king of anything his only throne was his toilet.

Last edited:
tbron said:
a lot of names came up when i did that chuck berry, little richard, jerry lee lewis and elvis. again he wasn't the king of anything his only throne was his toilet.

If u continue to do this stupid sh!t then ill contact a mod. Its up to you. I made this thread - i love Elvis Presley and i wont tolerate this disrespect to him in here.
Ur just making urself look like an a$$.

Last edited:

just tell me exactly, WHAT is your point of posting here? to spit on someone?
a lot of people don't like Michael Jackson, I bet it doesn't make you feel very nice when they say stuff about how he is a weirdo etc. So stop being so childish, grow up.

I thought I'd share my Elvis memorabilia.

wideshot.jpg

This is just a wide shot of my Elvis collection. All laid out on my Elvis rug.

vinyls1.jpg
vinyls2.jpg

Vinyls. Boy these are hide to find.

papers.jpg

Papers from the tragic day of his passing.

mem1.jpg
mem2.jpg

Some random pieces of memorabilia. Close ups...

birth.jpg

Elvis Presley's birth certificate

report.jpg
report2.jpg

His grade 3 report card. Gee, he was a pretty smart little kid.

flyer.jpg

Flyer for one of his first shows.

ticket.jpg

Ticket for Aloha from Hawaii.

Last edited:
I inherited some of it from my dad. He was a big Elvis fan. But he lost a lot of his Elvis records when he moved from England to Australia. He kept those newspapers from 1977. Pretty lucky that they are still in pretty good condition. I got some of the vinyls just from digging around at garage sales at stuff. Then I got the rest sent to me from DeAgostini which sends me Elvis magazines like every month and occasionally they send me cool stuff like the birth certificate and report card, but I had to pay extra for that stuff. None of it is really worth much. Because it's not his original birth certificate or report card, just replicas. But it's still nice to have them,

^^^U are soooo lucky and Ur dad is smart ^_^ U have some GREAT stuff!! The birth certificate and report card is cool even tho they are replicas like u said - its still great to have.
My mom has a newspaper from around the time he started his career and he was signing a girls chest. lol Id LOVE to have that! But i know she wont give it to me. lol
Heres a few pics of things i have - - - i used to have ALOT more but dont ask where it went. lol
Im not good at the whole presentation thing so just bear with me. :lol:

DSC01603-1.jpg

^^Random movies

DSC01602-1.jpg

^^^Lps

DSC01601-1.jpg

^^^Random things from my first trip to Graceland :wub:

DSC01600-1.jpg

^^Books and movies

The next pics are just things i have on my bedroom walls

DSC01599-1.jpg

DSC01598-1.jpg

DSC01597-1.jpg

DSC01596-1.jpg

You've got a pretty good LP collection. I find it pretty hard to find LPs. Especially Elvis LPs because anyone who owns them wants the keep them. I love your posters and stuff. He looks so good in the last photo where he is wearing the sweater.

Thanks! Yeah i got some of the LPs from ebay a couple of years ago. This guy (actually i think in Australia - lol) was selling them and it was for an insanely cheap price. The one on the bottom right ive had since i was really young, notice the wear and tear. lol
I bought the others at places like flea markets and things like that. We have one close to here called Houn Dawg Flea Market...lol And it has an Elvis section and its rare but some people wanna get rid of their things once in awaile.

Back