Estate: takes action Over Crank Call *UPDATE Pg 6*

Re: MJ Estate -- REVENGE Over Famous Crank Call

I suppose writing to Discovery channel, and helping to get the program cancelled was also a 'waste' of Estate time then.

In case you weren't aware, the Estate's objective is not only to raise money for the beneficiaries, but also preserve Michael's legacy.

Now why you gone and put words in my mouth? Let stay on the topic of crank calls,
MJ estate people I trust to do what is necessary when the time is right, it's a delicate situation and we screaming about it will only make the issue worst.
I am done with this in this thread.

I agree :yes:

lucilla, That video was so cute, thanks for sharing ;) :D

Oops, lucilla posted it already ... stupid slow computer today, must have scrolled down twice accidentally and mssed it. That's why the threads seem so short today. :doh:

Wow lucilla i love that video thanks for posting. Yep the voice sounds the same!

I agree :yes:

lucilla, That video was so cute, thanks for sharing ;) :D

No prob :)

Must have saved him a bit of money too, he was his own secretary. ;)

:lol

Oops, lucilla posted it already ... stupid slow computer today, must have scrolled down twice accidentally and mssed it. That's why the threads seem so short today. :doh:

hehe, don't worry, good intentions count ;D

Now why you gone and put words in my mouth? Let stay on the topic of crank calls,
MJ estate people I trust to do what is necessary when the time is right, it's a delicate situation and we screaming about it will only make the issue worst.
I am done with this in this thread.

whatever.

I think the person who picks up the phone and the person at the end who takes over the phone from Mike is probably a bodyguard. I don't think that's Michael.

Michael knew he's being pranked from the start but he played along. Too bad the guy blew it with that stupid comment. How did he expect Michael react to that? Did he think he would find that funny? What a low-IQ a**hole! Of course, after that Michael didn't feel like playing any more and he handed the phone to his bodyguard or whoever that is. (Actually I think he sounds like the bodyguard at 1:20 in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO-ezc_P6OI&feature=player_embedded )

He knew right away. I'm listening to it, haven't gotten to the allegations part, but Michael is aware he's being pranked.

So far he's spent the whole time just making up stuff back at the pranker, turning it around.

edit: Just got to the allegations part, Michael says "Yeah", "You're hilarious", pissed off-like and then hands the phone to the person next to him.

Actually I don't think he hands the phone to the person next to him lol.
It's also MJ speaking just using different voice.
The man who picked up the phone from the beginning is also MJ.
He just switch his way of talking.

Edit: BTW, I do think he found out right away. The diamond part is hilarious.

Last edited:

Other than the end (obviously), I thought the call was pretty funny. I especially like the parts where you can tell that Michael is suspicious (like when he asks Akon when they last saw each other). Also, wasn't it kind of cool to hear Michael immediately talk about using their star power to help kids, start a school, etc.?

Actually I don't think he hands the phone to the person next to him lol.
It's also MJ speaking just using different voice.
The man who picked up the phone from the beginning is also MJ.
He just switch his way of talking.

Michael could alter his voice, but in this case I don't think the guy at the beginning and the end is him.

I think it's Mike because I can't hear anyone handing the phone to anyone and there isn't even a second between the 2 voices :p
And at the end he says "you thought you really talked to Michael" - I don't think a bodyguard would say that.
It's not at all funny what they said to him though. But this also proves he was smart and a quick thinker.

I heard that call years ago-MJ played him for sure which is why he kept asking all those questions. Yet more people making money from Michael.

^I heard it when it first came out as well.

What I want to know is, why were people buying this on iTunes to hear the phone call when they could get it for free on YouTube?

I agree with lucilla. :D

I heard that call years ago-MJ played him for sure which is why he kept asking all those questions. Yet more people making money from Michael.

Yeah, now people are starting to sell stuff that has been on youtube for free forever. It's crazy.

Even though Michael played him for a fool, it was really horrible he brought up the allegations :no: That guy is scum. Glad the Estate are stopping him from selling the recording.

Too right he shouldn't be able to make money from this! This call was plain cruel and nasty. There's pranking someone and having fun but there's downright nastiness which this is. Whoever bought it was an absolute mug anyway.

This is terrible. The things Michael had to deal with and the gall of this guy to say what he did and selling this.

Why did Michael not sue this guy when he was alive?

There was nothing funny about this crank call AT ALL. I'm glad the estate is doing something to prevent the selling of this recording. Good on them.

Like many of you have said.. MJ knew it was a prankcall, thats why he asked all those questions. He played him.

Plus, before the call was made, Akon had been telling the press he wants the biggest diamond in the world plus he owns a diamond mine in Africa .. thats why Michael asked about the diamond!! LOL!

And MJ is smart asking him why it sounds so strange.. and "Akon" says he is in an airplane.. oh really? LOL

It was all fun till they got to the whole allegation part.

I remember listening to this in 2007, I think Michael knew all along it really wasnt Akon

I have no desire to listen to the full thing, i just wonder what Michael said when the dude changed the discussion into the molestation stuff, what did Michael say about that? I don't believe for a second he played along with that.

There was nothing funny about this crank call AT ALL. I'm glad the estate is doing something to prevent the selling of this recording. Good on them.

I agree, I remember listening to this recording on this site not long after Michael's passing and I just felt so bad for him when it got to the allegations part. That for me cancelled out any humor. That was just cruel. And now to try and profit off of it...horrible.

I have no desire to listen to the full thing, i just wonder what Michael said when the dude changed the discussion into the molestation stuff, what did Michael say about that? I don't believe for a second he played along with that.

He said something like, "Yeah, thats hilarious" (in a sarcastic way). He then put on a different voice and said something like, "You really thought you were talking to Mr Jackson didn't you?"

You have to listen the full thing if you want to understand. MJ didn't play along with the subject, he just gave them a taste of their own medicine, you'll hear the guy was kinda confused after MJ changed his voice.

He said something like, "Yeah, that's hilarious" (in a sarcastic way). He then put on a different voice and said something like, "You really thought you were talking to Mr Jackson didn't you?"

:yes:

It was all fun till they got to the whole allegation part.

:(

I think Michael knew all along it really wasnt Akon

Michael knew. :yes: I do not understand why Michael continued the conversation if he knew from the beginning that was not Akon. If it were me, I would have hung up in the face of the person. -_- I hate prank call. Who does not have to do, makes this kind of thing... disturbing others. :fear:

Last edited:

For me this tape is just another proof of Michael's cooooolness... I think he played along because he was a prankster himself ;) I mean he really did all he could to try to make that call interesting but the guy on the other end was just so unimaginative and helpless... and MJ ended up pranking them.

I don't know why the estate even bothers, that vid has been on youtube forever and everyone who cared has seen it, who are they going to sell it to? Really, don't they have more important things to do???

That is why they run Michael's estate and you don't

I do not understand why Michael continued the conversation if he knew from the beginning that was not Akon. If it were me, I would have hung up in the face of the person. -_- I hate prank call. Who does not have to do, makes this kind of thing... disturbing others. :fear:

Well, Michael liked to make prank calls himself, so I don't think he found it offensive. He found it funny - well, until that idiotic comment by the guy. I agree with those who say Michael turned this around and he ended up pranking the guy instead of the other way around. It's obvious that he's joking when he talks about the diamond business and all.

That was one idiotic son of a lady of the night! I could imagine it felt like a knife stabbed into Michael's heart and soul IF he indeed thought it was Akon. But I'm not sure though, it does sound like Michael asked him some questions that would hint at him knowing it was a prank call, but I really can't tell.

At the end it could be the real person speaking with his real voice (not Michael) or it could have been Michael who just passed his phone to somebody else sitting next to him 'cause he didn't want to go on - understandably.

Back