Experts: Whitney Houston's posthumous sales won't match Michael Jackson, Elvis

Whitney was great singer, but not that big as MJ and Elvis. So that comparisation is nonsense. when one day Madonna is gone, then they can ask would she match or come close.

well, her sales during her lifetime didn't match MJ or Elvis' so... I thought that this would have been obvious

Obviously Nippy wasn't as big & groundbreaking as Elvis & MJ (she also didn't have the longevity like their careers) but she is still was is very well-known around the world. She is still the only female artist with the most awards & nominations ever (500+). Heck she even won more awards than MJ & Elvis (two bigger stars than her)! I don't think any artist can touch MJ's posthumous sales until someone pulls a Mariah or Josh Groban. Nonetheless, all three artists were very talented & successful in their own right .

^ Yes i agree, whitney is pretty iconic. She had the voice and the supermodel looks, don't think anyone else had that combination. Like mj she didn't have that many albums so her sales are impressive. Sorry madge fans but i'd rather mj was compared as an artist to whitney than madonna, as there was no denying her raw talent.

Love that photo of the both of them, cassiemollie.

The article being besides the point, discussions like this make MJ fans look petty. Sorry, it's just wrong.

its not about talent. mj and madonna were in the same legue, thats what people tend/prefer to forget and always bring the talent thing up. madaona is the equal female artist to mj.
i may sound like a madonna fan and i know everytime when madonna is compared to mj many feel like steping on their little toe. its about the global status they both have/had.

She leaves behind a great legacy and I am sure her estate will do well and provide for her daughter. I know people will talk negatively about things concerning Whitney but when she sang she sang with class and elegance. It was about the music, the song and the emotion of it. Like it should be. She never stripped down to nothing to sell her music and in this day and age that isn't appreciated enough and the singers of today can take a lesson on that.

Last edited:
I love Whitney, she was great in every way when it come to singing. But I never once thought she would be able to sell like Michael because Michael was on a level like no one else. To me there is no one now living who will do what he did or can match him....

Whitney was great singer, but not that big as MJ and Elvis. So that comparisation is nonsense. when one day Madonna is gone, then they can ask would she match or come close.
whitney is bigger than madonna..

everybody on earth knows ..i will always love you

Whitney was great - but she was no way near as famous as Madonna.
Now I don't really like Madonna - but she has been in the industry for 30 years - released sooo many albums, movies, Super Bowl etc. etc. - All her tours have been succesful - Whitneys last tour was nothing short of a scandal!

So when history is written in 100 years from now Madonna will take up much much more space than Whitney.

And I did not write the post above to start a Whitney vs. Madonna discussion, that's not what this thread is about. :lol:

Back