Fashion In Music

@turtleneck_sweater

Oh! Is it this one?

iu
Bingo! 😀

Jimi Hendrix in 1967

1078964.jpg

"Jimi Hendrix, who found his famous Hussars' jacket in the Chelsea Antiques Market, was roughed up by thugs in the street who thought he was disrespecting the armed forces. "He knew he was being subversive, but he also just really liked to dress up," his then girlfriend Kathy Etchingham tells me. "Jimi loved to dress up." In May 1966 Mick Jagger [...] spent four quid on a red Grenadier guardsman drummer's jacket, which he wore to sing "Paint it Black" on the popular TV music show "Ready Steady Go!"

I started off quite lukewarm about this one but really got into as she went along. I need to watch it again. She gave me a lot to think about.
I had an inkling she would be interesting She explained each piece really well. And of course she has the hats / head wear too. All that jewellery too, which is another plus in my book.

I had an inkling she would be interesting She explained each piece really well. And of course she has the hats / head wear too. All that jewellery too, which is another plus in my book.
Yeah, it was a slow build for me but she did draw me in. The head gear, omg! And nothing predictable.

Back