For Translation teams: Information, organization and discussions thread

RW states that there are two ways to help a opioid addict, one is a opioid substitution drug such as methadone, but one has to enter withdrawal first before they can use the opioid substitution drug. The second method is given through lots of benzodiazepines for sedation through the withdrawal process. Symptoms of opioid withdrawal consist of sweating, tachycardia, muscular aches, bone pain, abdominal cramps, vomiting, severe anxiety, hot and cold chills, diarrhea. RW states that an addict's greatest fear is that they are going to be uncomfortable going through withdrawal. RW states that both lorazepam and ativan can be used for opioid withdrawal. RW states that withdrawal time is variable, and often the addict will say they do not need the rehabilitative drugs anymore because they are now comfortable.

Ativan is Lorazepam, so it should be "RW states that Lorazepam (Ativan) can be used for opioid withdrawal."

About the German forum again ... Now they actually manage to copy and paste the translations, but edit out my "translated by Milka for MJJC" and just post "Source: MJJC" at the end, no link, no nothing, lol. I give up. I also just saw one of my translations or parts of it (I didn't read the entire thing, it looked a bit like a mixture of several translations, but I could be wrong, and someone actually went through the trouble of correcting all my "ae" and "oe" and "ue" and putting in the "umlauts" ä, ö, ü instead, almost like they are trying to make it look different and more original) on some other forum with no sources whatsoever. Why do people do this? One of the big unwritten rules of the internet is to always post the source. I wouldn't even think of posting anything, a news article or somebody else's post, without a link to the source. It's like an automatic thing, it's impossible to forget.

due to an emergency at work monday's summaries will be delayed :( my apologies

The name of the lady with the graphs is Dr. Gabriela Ornelas and not whatever it says in the summary. ;)

White says during the 6 weeks prior CM gave MJ 1 or 2 boluses of Propofol (25 to 50 mg) and followed it with an infusion that the Propofol bottle was emptied into an IV bag. Walgren again objects as White is once again telling what CM told him. White speculates that it was minimal to moderate sedation.

He did not say that, he said the infusion was set up with a 1 liter saline bag and then started to talk about the Propofol bottle (he never said Murray emptied it into the saline bag) and then Walgren interrupts him, because he was again talking about the conversations he had with Murray.

^^ Perhaps I want to make up stuff as I go along :p

kidding aside. I just caught us up to the testimony, once again sorry for being late with monday.

also as you all know we only have closing statements left - and will do a short verdict update. I want to thank everyone for their dedication and hard work and I want to say. Yay we did it :)

^^ Perhaps I want to make up stuff as I go along :p

Oh, ok, creative writing! But seriously, I just posted in here about the mistakes I found from the start to make it easier for other translators, not to correct you (well, maybe also so that you could correct them in your summaries, I know they are a lot of work and since I have to read them anyway while I'm translating, blah). I doubt they ever read it though, but whatever, it's the thought that counts.

I correct them as you correct me. and you are right, we hardly read them over for errors and/or typos. It's generally been a rush to get them as quickly as possible. so they are not perfect.

I correct them as you correct me. and you are right, we hardly read them over for errors and/or typos. It's generally been a rush to get them as quickly as possible. so they are not perfect.

No no, I meant I think no one (other translators) read my posts in here. ;) And I know that about no time for proof reading, I always did it with my translations, but just quickly, it's not how I like to do things, but there just wasn't enough time and/or after hours of translating you are also too exhausted. So I'm sure there are tons of typos in my translations. Or at least quite a bit.

But it's also funny, I never thought I would be able to translate that fast. Even in the beginning and then I became faster and faster. I never even read an entire sentence before I started translating it, I just translated while reading the summary and only had to pause when I noticed in the middle, that it's a longer sentence and I actually need to read it for grammar reasons. Didn't happen a lot though. Or I had to pause here and there to quickly google a word. It was weird, I have never done this before, it was almost like channeling, lol - and I don't even believe in that kind of stuff. I think I'm at about 15 - 20 minutes for one screen page now, as long as there are not a ton of difficult words in it. And now that I'm getting really good at this, it's over.

Walgren shows Ornelas model with 25mg propofol infused over 3 to 5 minutes versus a 25mg fast injection and the differences in blood concentration and free propofol in urine levels. Her model is based on a 1998 article.

That would be 1988.

I posted the morning session. afternoon session will be posted tomorrow morning (USA time). these will conclude the long summaries.

we will 2 short updates for the verdict and the sentencing.

-Definition of criminal negligence: prosecution has shown negligence, in many different respects. Three aspects of criminal negligence (as stated on jury instructions) #1 With the act (of propofol in a home), is it the direct cause of MJ's death, and #3, is it the natural probable consequence of the act (the death).

#1 Did Murray commit the action/inaction with criminal negligence? #2 Is it the direct cause of MJ's death? #3 Ss it the natural or probable consequence of the act

-Chernoff states that the prosecution brought in MJ's kids to gain sympathy. He states that the prosecution brought in Nicole Alvarez for no reason. He states that the prosecution wants to paint a perfect villain and a perfect victim, but there are neither. Chernoff states that the only reason that the fact that Murray helped with the press release at the time of MJ's death was because the defense brought it into testimony.

Had to rewatch this, the last sentence makes no sense ... It should be something like "Chernoff says, the only reason why Murray seemed to leave the hospital was to go over to some other wing to help with the press release."

Walgren states defense contends that Alvarez and Fleak are lying, Shafer is a cop, Kai Chase failed to get security, and "if allowed more time I'm sure they would find a way to blame Michael's son, Prince." Everyone is to blame except for Conrad Murray, according to defense. If Alvarez wanted to lie, he could have done a lot better than a bizarre story with an IV bag and propofol inside of it. Walgren states defense is claiming it's a conspiracy between LAPD, bodyguards, and others to pin this on Murray. Poor Conrad Murray. Everything Conrad Murray did in his treatment was bizarre. Waited 20 minutes to call 911, bizarre. Gave propofol in home setting for 60 days, bizarre. Lied to EMT's and UCLA doctors about giving propofol, bizarre. Is it surprising that Murray had some usual setup for the saline bag?

Unusual setup.

Oh, and same paragraph:

Walgren states nobody knows, but that MJ was sensitive to getting all of the medical stuff cleaned up each day so the children did not see it. Everything Murray did was bizarre, and none of it was consistent with a trained competent medical doctor, who was putting his patient first.

I would add a maybe, maybe he was sensitive, Walgren was speculating there and not saying this as fact.

Edit: He is actually referring to what Murray said about that.

Walgren asks the jury to evaluate the lies Murray told: Murray lied to Ortega, Gongaware, Phillips, Jorrie that MJ was in great health. Murray emailed Bob Taylor in London and lied about MJ's health. MJ lied to EMT's , to UCLA Dr. Cooper and Dr. Nguyen.

Murray.

Ivy, tell us please if you will post english summaries for the translation teams today. Thank You. :)

Hello, excuse me! Is anybody writing in Japanese? Because my English isn't very good. It would be nice if somebody writes in Japanese! Maybe there are other Japanese members on this forum?

Hello, excuse me! Is anybody writing in Japanese? Because my English isn't very good. It would be nice if somebody writes in Japanese! Maybe there are other Japanese members on this forum?

?????????????!

:)

O-genki-desuka?

I don't write nor speak Japanese, but your English is quite good :)

?????????????!

:)

O-genki-desuka?

I don't write nor speak Japanese, but your English is quite good :)
Thank you! You did a good job to find out how to say that! It's very hard to write in English. But I try to practice it anyway, because lots of the Japanese people will forget how. I want to communicate with people around the world. English is a best way to do it! So I keep practicing!

Thank you! You did a good job to find out how to say that! It's very hard to write in English. But I try to practice it anyway, because lots of the Japanese people will forget how. I want to communicate with people around the world. English is a best way to do it! So I keep practicing!

Gambatte-kudasai! :)

Last edited:
Back