Formule 1

I bet he would retire on top. We won't see a 35-year-old Kimi in F1. Though I hope that he will lengthen his contract with Ferrari after 2009, for 2 or 3 more years! In 2009 he will be only 30 years old. It looks like he's enjoying his time in Ferrari so there isn't any reason he should go away or retire.

Yep.. but considering that he wants to have children, it might be better to retire sooner.. or then not, I don't know :D

Btw, you have new siggy! I like it :cheeky:

Last edited:
^^ I'm glad you like my siggy... "It seems I can't stop smiling..." I guess he said it after he won the championship last year in Brasil. The press conference is in my mind forever... He looked like he wanted to cover his feelings to fit to his Iceman image, but he couldn't. He was so cute.

Yes, he would like to have children but as a man it's not late when you have them at the age of 32-34 (plus Jenni is younger than him). So after 2009, there will be two more years I hope.

I've heard 3 quotes, I don't know who said them, but they are so good and funny:

"Hamilton's good. But between good, better and best, the best wins."

"I think it's clear that Ferrari are using a component that is making their car fast. Ron is probably just bitter because he hasn't got that component on his car. I believe it's called a 'Kimi Räikkönen'."

"If all such modifications, which give unfair benefit to car speed, are illegal, then also Kimi should be banned."

:wink:

I've heard 3 quotes, I don't know who said them, but they are so good and funny:

"Hamilton's good. But between good, better and best, the best wins."

"I think it's clear that Ferrari are using a component that is making their car fast. Ron is probably just bitter because he hasn't got that component on his car. I believe it's called a 'Kimi Räikkönen'."

"If all such modifications, which give unfair benefit to car speed, are illegal, then also Kimi should be banned."

:wink:

"I believe it's called a 'Kimi Räikkönen'." :rofl:
Thanks for sharing, they're funny

Hey I just found this site: http://www.soitbemaybe.com/

They predict the winners in different things, from NHL to TV series, including F1.

Here's what they predict for Turkey Gp:
Formula One Turkey Grand Prix 2008 Winner

The Formula One Turkish Grand Prix 2008 ran May 9 through May 11, 2008 at Istanbul Park in Istanbul, Turkey.
Practice sessions and qualifying rounds began on Friday and ran through Saturday. The Formula One race began in the early afternoon on Sunday.
British driver Lewis Hamilton, driving for the McLaren team, was the winner of the Formula One Turkish Grand Prix. Hamilton is second in points in the Formula One driver standings. Formula One racing prediction: Lewis Hamilton is the winner.
Formula One racing added Istanbul Park to its calendar in 2005. The track, 5.33 km in length (approximately 3.3 miles) and boasting fourteen turns, was built specifically for the Formula One racing circuit.
So it be? Maybe . . .

I know this has nothing to do with reality but it's fun to predict IMO :D
Hmm... So Hamilton.. :smilerolleyes: I don't think so. :cheeky:

Last edited:
^haha that's not true!!! The first winner in 2005 was Kimi and Massa won there in 2006 and in 2007!!! Lewis won in Canada, USA, Japan and in Hungary last year.

Edit: I think I misunderstood that prediction. It was for this year's Turkish Grand Prix. So they wrote it like it has already happened... :unsure:

Last edited:
Here is an interesting interview with Niki Lauda...

Niki Lauda reviews the season so far…

With four races gone, four drivers having claimed pole positions and three having stood atop the podium, the 2008 season is proving highly competitive - and therefore relatively difficult to evaluate.

That does not, however, deter three time world champion Niki Lauda from trying - despite the as-yet uncertain pecking order. Speaking exclusively to Formula1.com, Lauda reveals his thoughts on the season so far, with a quick-fire review of how the best - and the rest - have performed…

On Ferrari:
Q: Have the world champions kept up last season’s momentum?
Niki Lauda: That’s very easy, as last year does not count. This year they have certainly kept the momentum, as they are the most competitive team at the moment.

Q: There has been a transition of leadership from Jean Todt to Stefano Domenicali - what has it meant for the team?
NL: I don’t know, but at the moment the team works perfectly.

Q: In the battle between Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa, who do you think will come out on top? And do you believe the team will eventually favour one driver?
NL: The team will always lean towards one driver - the quicker one - and all indications for now point towards Kimi.

Q: After a difficult start in Melbourne, Raikkonen has now started to show performances worthy of a champion. Is he leading the pack?
NL: For the moment Kimi is definitely the leader of the pack, but we have to see how the next few races go.

Q: Felipe Massa’s performances are a bit inconsistent at the moment. Why do you think that is? Is something eating the Brazilian?
NL: If Massa gets his things right, he is certainly able to win races.

On McLaren:
Q: Has the spy saga affected McLaren?
NL: No, I don’t think so, because they started very well this year, and at the moment they have to get the momentum back, because BMW Sauber has caught right up.

Q: In the Lewis Hamilton versus Heikki Kovalainen battle, who do you believe will come out on top?
NL: Hamilton has had a difficult start to this season, as he has made some mistakes, nevertheless he will come back stronger. Kovalainen surprised in the first races so I hope he is able to put his high-speed accident (in Barcelona) quickly behind him.

Q: Do you think Hamilton is caving in a bit under the pressure of being a championship contender?
NL: Lewis will certainly make a comeback - he just made a couple of mistakes in the beginning.

On BMW Sauber:
Q: Are BMW Sauber still the third power on the grid or have they already got the better of McLaren?
NL: At the moment BMW is fighting with McLaren for the second position behind Ferrari, and Barcelona was a key race in determining who will keep the edge.

Q: Were BMW Sauber the real winners of last year’s spy scandal, as they were able to fully concentrate on their development?
NL: I don’t see a connection. BMW’s development of their car was constant.

Q: Have you been surprised by their performance?
NL: My surprise was that they were that strong at the beginning of the season.

Q: Who will come out on top between Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica?
NL: Both are having a very even run, so for the moment I cannot tell, as both are very competitive.

Q: Kubica is currently third in the driver standings. Could he be a potential runner-up in the championship?
NL: It is too early to say - I have no idea at the moment. Much depends on how quickly BMW Sauber are able to close the gap to Ferrari.

Q: Heidfeld was second in the standings before his unhappy race in Barcelona. Will he win his first race this season?
NL: Again, it is too early to say. I have no idea at the moment. But for him it will be the same as it is for Kubica. The team’s development speed is key.

On Williams:
Q: For Williams the start of the season has been a bit of a rollercoaster ride - one race on top, while the next is a flop. Will they be able to stabilise their performance?
NL: In certain conditions they seem to have no grip, which is the main reason for these up and downs. So their major concern needs to be finding out the reason for this problem and then correct it.

Q: Did Nico Rosberg make a good decision when he decided to stay with the British team?
NL: It’s too early to say.

On Toyota:
Q: Are the Japanese team finally on their way to the top? Do you believe the departure of Ralf Schumacher has helped that development?
NL: Ralf’s departure has nothing to do with that. They are certainly much more competitive than in the past, because the development seemed to be in the right direction.

Q: Can Jarno Trulli finally mould the Toyota to his driving style and push the team forward?
NL: Jarno, together with a better performance from the team, can possibly bring the team forward.

On Renault:
Q: The French squad have had a disappointing start to the season? Where did they go wrong?
NL: Renault is just not quick enough at the moment, and for them it is a very long way to get back to the top.

Q: Can an exceptional driver like Fernando Alonso put things back on track?
NL: Alonso’s return to Renault certainly made for a big change from the drivers’ point of view. But in the end it’s very simple - the car needs to get quicker, so Alonso can do a better job.

On Red Bull:
Q: Has chief technical officer Adrian Newey lost his magic touch?
NL: Not at all, but the team has many issues, especially as they have had to overcome a huge reliability problem.

On Toro Rosso:
Q: If they have to sever ties with Red Bull Technology and become constructors again, what will it mean for the team?
NL: They are on hold for the moment, as they have to wait (and see) what will happen with Red Bull.

Q: What do you think will be the future of the team on and off track?
NL: The future of the team will depend on the owner. Mateschitz wants to sell it, which is certainly not good for the team’s motivation.

On Honda:
Q: Will Ross Brawn be able to turn the team around?
NL: Ross will definitely make a turn around for the team, but it will take time.

On Force India:
Q: Have the team’s new owners made a good start?
NL: Certainly yes, as they have already made a lot of improvements to Spyker. Last year they were nowhere and now you can sometimes find them in the middle of the field.

Q: For Giancarlo Fisichella the move from a top team to a backmarker must have been a big mental challenge…
NL: Yes, for sure a very hard mental challenge, but he is doing a very good job at the moment.

On Super Aguri:
Q: Are they still fit enough for Formula One racing?
NL: Very difficult to say, as they are fighting to get their budget together. Only then, we can judge them.

Have you heard??

Super Aguri will no longer be part in Formula 1.
Read this:

Super Aguri withdraws from Formula 1

06 May 2008

The Formula 1 circus will have to continue the season with just ten teams in the paddock. Aguri Suzuki has announced the team is unable to continue in Formula One and will have to withdraw with immediate effect.

Aguri Suzuki entered Formula One with the Super Aguri team in the 2006 season.
The team scored its first championship points in 2007 and finished ninth overall in the 2007 constructors' championship.
Speaking about the difficult decision team boss Aguri Suzuki had to make he said at a press conference in Tokyo: "In order to realize my dream to become an owner of a Formula One Team, I applied for a grid position in the FIA Formula One World Championship in November 2005. Since then, I have participated in the championship for 2 years and 4 months as the Super Aguri F1 team, but regretfully I must inform you that the team will be ceasing its racing activities as of today."

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/05/06/super-aguri-withdraws-from-formula-1/

Last edited:
Great news!!! :punk:

Kovalainen cleared to race

Heikki Kovalainen has been cleared to take part in this weekend’s Turkish Grand Prix. The McLaren Mercedes driver emerged from the medical centre this morning in Turkey giving the thumbs up to the waiting media.

"I am obviously very pleased with the decision by the FIA Medical Team," Kovalainen said.

"I arrived here today feeling confident that I would pass the FIA test as I feel 100% and if I had not felt 100 percent I would have told the team already and stayed at home."

"My preparation for this weekend has gone well and we have done a lot of fitness training. Obviously a big thumbs up for all the FIA safety standards and the guys in Spain who worked hard to get me out of the car safely."

"I think the accident probably looked worse than it was for me. I had a little headache but was back in training almost immediately. I now look forward to the rest of the weekend and the rest of the season."

That's great! Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard about it :)

*cries*

1st practice in Turkey
Poz Pilóta Csapat Idő Kör
1. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:27.323 16
2. Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.456 +0.133 17
3. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.752 +0.429 25
4. Fernando Alonso Renault 1:28.284 +0.961 16
5. Jenson Button Honda 1:28.919 +1.596 12
6. Nakadzsima Kazuki Williams 1:29.002 +1.679 19
7. Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:29.024 +1.701 21
8. Rubens Barrichello Honda 1:29.068 +1.745 11
9. Nelsinho Piquet Renault 1:29.082 +1.759 23
10. Timo Glock Toyota 1:29.103 +1.780 19
11. Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:29.329 +2.006 24
12. Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 1:29.330 +2.007 7
13. Nico Rosberg Williams 1:29.367 +2.044 20
14. Adrian Sutil Force India 1:29.756 +2.433 23
15. Giancarlo Fisichella Force India 1:29.811 +2.488 23
16. Mark Webber Red Bull Racing 1:30.088 +2.765 21
17. David Coulthard Red Bull Racing 1:30.340 +3.017 13
18. Sébastien Bourdais Toro Rosso 1:30.388 +3.065 19
19. Sebastian Vettel Toro Rosso 1:30.426 +3.103 21
20. Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:30.732 +3.409 3

*cries*

1st practice in Turkey
Poz Pilóta Csapat Idő Kör
1. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:27.323 16
2. Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.456 +0.133 17
3. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.752 +0.429 25
4. Fernando Alonso Renault 1:28.284 +0.961 16
5. Jenson Button Honda 1:28.919 +1.596 12
6. Nakadzsima Kazuki Williams 1:29.002 +1.679 19
7. Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:29.024 +1.701 21
8. Rubens Barrichello Honda 1:29.068 +1.745 11
9. Nelsinho Piquet Renault 1:29.082 +1.759 23
10. Timo Glock Toyota 1:29.103 +1.780 19
11. Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:29.329 +2.006 24
12. Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 1:29.330 +2.007 7
13. Nico Rosberg Williams 1:29.367 +2.044 20
14. Adrian Sutil Force India 1:29.756 +2.433 23
15. Giancarlo Fisichella Force India 1:29.811 +2.488 23
16. Mark Webber Red Bull Racing 1:30.088 +2.765 21
17.  David Coulthard Red Bull Racing 1:30.340 +3.017 13
18. Sébastien Bourdais Toro Rosso 1:30.388 +3.065 19
19. Sebastian Vettel Toro Rosso 1:30.426 +3.103 21
20. Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:30.732 +3.409 3

OMG OMG OMG! :mello:
When I was looking at this I was like : 1st Massa, great! 2nd Heikki, good job! 3rd Hamilton, okay.. 4th Alonso, ok..
*looking down the list* But where's Kimi..???
20! What on EARTH happened?!

^I was very sad also... :sad:

Kimi's F2008 had gearbox problem, but it looks like they've sold it :wink: It's better to have such problems in a practice than during the race. Don't you think? I hope now on there won't be any problems for him.

Btw, his hair is a bit longer...:lol:

*smiles*

2nd practice:
1. Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:27.543 30
2. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.579 +0.036 31
3. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:27.682 +0.139 29
4. David Coulthard Red Bull Racing 1:27.763 +0.220 24
5. Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.954 +0.411 27
6. Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 1:28.431 +0.888 29
7. Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:28.619 +1.076 29
8. Nakadzsima Kazuki Williams 1:28.664 +1.121 27
9. Fernando Alonso Renault 1:28.681 +1.138 26
10. Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:28.817 +1.274 31
11. Jenson Button Honda 1:28.826 +1.283 28
12. Timo Glock Toyota 1:28.849 +1.306 26
13. Nico Rosberg Williams 1:28.907 +1.364 29
14. Giancarlo Fisichella Force India 1:29.008 +1.465 35
15. Rubens Barrichello Honda 1:29.024 +1.481 22
16. Nelsinho Piquet Renault 1:29.212 +1.669 26
17. Sebastian Vettel Toro Rosso 1:29.462 +1.919 30
18. Sébastien Bourdais Toro Rosso 1:29.630 +2.087 32
19. Mark Webber Red Bull Racing 1:29.633 +2.090 4
20. Adrian Sutil Force India 1:30.832 +3.289 9

^I was very sad also... :sad:

Kimi's F2008 had gearbox problem, but it looks like they've sold it :wink: It's better to have such problems in a practice than during the race. Don't you think? I hope now on there won't be any problems for him.

Btw, his hair is a bit longer...:lol:

Yep I just heard that too.
And luckily the change of gear box won't cause him any penalties.

Great, maybe we'll get some hot long-hair pics this weekend :wild: I think we will.

They hasn't changed the gearbox just repaired it. They could have changed it though without penalty.

His hair is not that long :lol: but a bit better IMO

y1pD9OHwWNx3_J_RLfwfWfWdbj5f42cFzi5.jpg

if you look closely you can see his Calvin Klein :blush:
y1pD9OHwWNx3_J-JqFhVi60Axqbiko7LgwL.jpg

those beautiful mysterious what-kind-of-color (sometimes it seems he has green, sometimes grey sometimes blue, I couldn't figure out so far) eyes he has... :wub:
y1pD9OHwWNx3_KrGSzb9wreZAWU69uFyJE4.jpg

y1pD9OHwWNx3_LAqNStEgzI3odn-tZABIoT.jpg

:eek: What do you think about this article???!!!

Mark Hughes on Felipe Massa

Felipe Massa is aiming for a third consecutive Turkish Grand Prix victory this weekend – a result he desperately needs to stop Ferrari team-mate Kimi Raikkonen taking control of the title battle.

But in his latest feature for itv.com/f1, expert analyst Mark Hughes explains why Massa's form is still too up and down to make him a real threat to Raikkonen, and why this situation is unlikely to change.

Felipe Massa is an enigmatic sort of performer, just as likely to produce a dominant drive as a flurry of silly mistakes.

He’s going into his sixth season of F1, seven if we include his sabbatical from racing in favour of a Ferrari test role in 2003. Yet he’s still perceived as an up-and-comer, a driver of promise.

For the purposes of comparison, Jody Scheckter’s seventh full season in 1980 was his final one before retirement, as was James Hunt’s in 1979.

More recently, Damon Hill’s seventh season was in 1998, driving for Jordan in his penultimate year.

By Michael Schumacher’s seventh year he had two world titles behind him and was into his second season of helping rebuild Ferrari.

Forget the perception: Massa is no longer a driver of promise. The blips we see in his performances are traits, not errors of inexperience. This is his level.

And it’s not a bad one. Even in a car as fast as the Ferrari, not every F1 driver out there would have scored six victories and 10 poles in the last two-and-a-bit seasons.

But with the speed comes incident. Fundamental errors put him out of the opening two races of this season before he came back with that dominant Bahrain victory.

Even though his Spanish GP race to second behind team-mate Kimi Raikkonen was incident-free, he had several offs during the Friday practice sessions.

He’s a highly strung performer and the talent within him needs careful marshalling, not something he’s always capable of doing himself.

His race engineer Rob Smedley should take much of the credit for keeping his head in the right place for much of the time.

Before Smedley took the role, part-way through 2006, Massa’s season had been a blur of errors.

As Smedley himself will tell you, Massa was trying to measure up against Michael Schumacher and simply did not understand the scale of challenge that represented.

He was simply not as fast as Michael and once this had become apparent Felipe’s emotional reaction led to over-striving in the cockpit and illogical, impulsive set-up decisions.

It was driving his previous engineer (Gabriele Delli Colli) to distraction, and Smedley was brought in as a clean-sheet restart, instilling the missing discipline and perspective.

Almost immediately Massa’s form took an upswing and the incidents became less common.

But two years on, Smedley is still providing that discipline, still keeping him on the straight and narrow – because, left to his own devices, Massa’s underlying tendency to wildness will always be there.

His strengths are many. He’s a deeply competitive soul and brave as a lion in battle.

This is the guy who, in a Sauber, sat it out with Juan Pablo Montoya side-by-side into Eau Rouge – and it was Montoya who had to give way.

He will simply not be intimidated in any wheel-to-wheel contests – as we saw as recently as the opening seconds of the Spanish race, where he forced Fernando Alonso into submission as they raced for the first corner.

Alonso – who’d tried to bully him out of the way going into the very same turn last year and ended up in the gravel – knew not to push his luck this time.

Much of his speed comes from his ability to brake super-late into a turn, making him very quick into slow corners.

His ballsiness also makes him super-committed, and therefore fast, through high-speed turns.

As such, circuits like Bahrain and Turkey and tailor-made for him, combining both those requirements.

The way the calendar falls this year means he heads to Turkey in the early part of the season and it’s quite conceivable we’ll see another victory from him there next weekend – which would be his third consecutive win at the venue.

It would also give a temporary illusion that he’s ready to fight team-mate Raikkonen on a consistent basis.

His precision is not in the same league as Raikkonen’s, and at places like Monaco and Montreal this becomes a much more important differentiator between the two drivers.

Kimi will be able to conjure lap time simply by committing to a level of precision Massa doesn’t have.

At the Tilke-dromes, Massa’s reliance on balls and reactions is often enough to keep him on Kimi’s level, and in these situations his superb one-lap pace will sometimes allow that to be the race-deciding difference between the two.

But on anything more demanding – at places where you hit solid objects if you stray off-line – Kimi will invariably be comfortably ahead.

Kimi is also psychologically airtight – not something that could ever be said of Felipe.

We saw this as recently as the Malaysian Grand Prix. After trailing Massa from the start, Raikkonen managed to leapfrog ahead of him at the first stops by using his extra low-fuel lap to great effect.

Massa’s reaction to this lost him any chance of winning what had still been a winnable race.

In his first four laps after rejoining, Massa’s laps were respectively 0.9s, 0.5s, 0.8s and 0.4s off the pace he should have been running.

Only then – probably after a wake-up call over the radio from Smedley – did Massa begin running the lap times he should have been doing.

But by that time he’d lost a critical 2.6s to Raikkonen – enough to prevent him from doing to Raikkonen at the second stops what Raikkonen had just done to him at the first exchange.

Fuelled a lap longer than Kimi to the second stops, that was a perfectly feasible winning strategy, yet he’d blown it (even before he later spun out) by his emotional reaction to Raikkonen getting ahead of him.

Coming in his seventh season of F1, it again underlined how Massa is fast enough to be a number one at a top team – but actually not quite good enough.

There are at least four drivers currently not in race-winning cars who, I would venture, could do more with that drive than Massa.

But maybe Ferrari don’t feel they need that. Maybe their combination of the rock-solid Raikkonen with the super-fast but definitely lesser Massa, is just right to keep the team dynamic in harmony.

So here are the results of the qualifying. I'm not that happy to be honest. :sad: But let's wait and see what happens in the race.

I'm happy for Kovalainen that he could beat his team-mate, though I'm angry at Räikkönen who couldn't. I think Kimi carries more fuel than Massa.

1. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:27.617 6
2. Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.808 +0.191 6
3. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.923 +0.306 6
4. Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:27.936 +0.319 6
5. Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 1:28.390 +0.773 6
6. Mark Webber Red Bull Racing 1:28.417 +0.800 6
7. Fernando Alonso Renault 1:28.422 +0.805 6
8. Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:28.836 +1.219 7
9. Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:28.882 +1.265 7
10. David Coulthard Red Bull Racing 1:29.959 +2.342 3

So here are the results of the qualifying. I'm not that happy to be honest. :sad: But let's wait and see what happens in the race.

I'm happy for Kovalainen that he could beat his team-mate, though I'm angry at Räikkönen who couldn't. I think Kimi carries more fuel than Massa.

1. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:27.617 6
2. Heikki Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.808 +0.191 6
3. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1:27.923 +0.306 6
4. Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 1:27.936 +0.319 6
5. Robert Kubica BMW Sauber 1:28.390 +0.773 6
6. Mark Webber Red Bull Racing 1:28.417 +0.800 6
7. Fernando Alonso Renault 1:28.422 +0.805 6
8. Jarno Trulli Toyota 1:28.836 +1.219 7
9. Nick Heidfeld BMW Sauber 1:28.882 +1.265 7
10. David Coulthard Red Bull Racing 1:29.959 +2.342 3

lol don't worry Kinga, it will be all ok, I'm sure! :better:

^^^Thank you, as Kimi would say the race is long and they have a car that is good over a distance.

I like about him that he's honest and admits when he has made mistakes. He's a human after all, he can't be perfect, though I know that he rarely satisfied and is a perfectionist:

"I am a bit disappointed but I made mistakes on my second lap in Q3 and I have to accept that: I didn't go into the final corner before the pit straight quite right and lost a lot of speed."

I would like him to overtake at least Hamilton at the start. That would make his life more easier during the race.

I'm looking forward for a Ferrari 1-2! :punk:

Last edited:
wow today Kimi really proved again what a great driver he is.
To drive like that with a damaged front is not too easy. And he still came in as third! Was really very impressive to me!
Congratulations to Felipe Massa of cuz also!
And surely also to Hamilton!

:)

^yes, Kimi was really great so was Massa and Hamilton. I saw that Kimi was quite sad on the podium and bored during the interview. There were a lot of components (bad qualifying, more fuel, damaged front wing, Heikki, bad tyre type selection, etc.) which didn't help him to manage a better result, still he got the 3rd position. It's amazing that he could do the fastest lap of the race.

I think he lost the race in the qualifying (again! :sad:). Though I believe he could have overtaken Hamilton in the beginning. It was Heikki who destroyed his plan.

Edit: Mechi: It's really strange that we saw Kimi like he did his best to get to the podium while a lot of people (commentators and journalists) think he was not impressive enough. They don't know what has happened in the car/with the car. Kimi said it somewhere: In F1 you can be from hero to zero just in one day. It's so true, last time when he was successful by winning the Barcelona Grand Prix they "sent him to heaven"... and what's happening now... :sad:

Last edited:
First, thanks Kinga for the pics! Kimi's looking hot ;)

I was so surprised that while I was in Rome there wasn't ANYTHING related to Formule 1.
Some articles in newspapers or tv news but that was it. I didn't even see the race from TV ( but that's only because or hotel didn't have so many channels) :mello:

Anyway, about the race, most important that Kimi got some points and is still in the lead in championship.
Damn I wished better luck for Kovalainen! He deserves to get in top 3 and beat Hamilton because I honestly think he's better driver than Lewis.
But I believe we haven't seen anything from Heikki yet, and he will show us what he really can do during this season.
Better luck for next race and it's ok! ( but not so good luck that he beats Kimi though.. )

First, thanks Kinga for the pics! Kimi's looking hot ;)

I was so surprised that while I was in Rome there wasn't ANYTHING related to Formule 1.
Some articles in newspapers or tv news but that was it. I didn't even see the race from TV ( but that's only because or hotel didn't have so many channels) :mello:

Anyway, about the race, most important that Kimi got some points and is still in the lead in championship.
Damn I wished better luck for Kovalainen! He deserves to get in top 3 and beat Hamilton because I honestly think he's better driver than Lewis.
But I believe we haven't seen anything from Heikki yet, and he will show us what he really can do during this season.
Better luck for next race and it's ok! ( but not so good luck that he beats Kimi though.. )

It's a shame that you haven't seen the Turkey Grand Prix. It was exciting IMO. Of course because of the beginning and when Lewis chased Massa. Have you heard that at Ferrari they weren't too happy about Massa's kind behaviour in that overtaking situation. They say if he could have hold Lewis behind him for about 2 more laps Kimi would have been the 2nd. I think they are right but you never know what's happened really in the race. Maybe Massa couldn't hold Lewis behind him maybe it was his decision to let him go becuause in that way Kimi would get 2 points less and it's good for him in the driver's championship.

Yeah, Kimi is hot! Especially in those sunglasses which have his name on the frame.

Have you heard that he's going to take part in a fashion show with other F1 pilots (and their wives and girlfriends) before the Monaco GP weekend? Now, that will be an event! I can't wait the pics!!! :wub:

The next port of call for the Formula One fraternity will be the Monaco Grand Prix later this month, and though glamour is never in short supply in Monte Carlo, this year it's set to get an even bigger sprinkling thanks to a charity catwalk show and auction.

Organised by Amber Fashion and raising funds for the Elton John Aids Foundation, the star-studded event will be held on the Friday evening, with some rather famous faces acting as fashion models.

Formula One drivers Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Jenson Button, Nelson Piquet, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Mark Webber, David Coulthard and Adrian Sutil are all expected to grace the catwalk, as they try their hand at modelling FORM, Petra Ecclestone’s new luxury menswear collection, and there could even be a star turn by world champion Kimi Raikkonen.

The drivers’ wives and girlfriends and several world-famous supermodels will also feature, and with actress Elizabeth Hurley’s haute couture swimwear range, Jimmy Choo shoes, Chopard jewellery and Isabell Kristensen’s evening gowns all set to be modelled, those taking part will be spoilt for choice.

Following the catwalk event, guests will be invited to bid for a selection of luxurious lots to raise money for the Aids Foundation. Items on offer include a week on Force India co-owner Dr Vijay Mallya’s 95-metre yacht, the Indian Empress, and a piano used by Elton John to write and record the Grammy-nominated ‘Songs from the West Coast’, signed by 17 international musicians.

With legendary auctioneer Charlie Ross on hand to help boost bids, TV presenters Steve Rider and Tamara Ecclestone in charge of hosting duties and a Martini-sponsored party, Monaco’s glitterati are expected to be out in force. The event will be held at the Le Meridien Beach Plaza Hotel on Friday, May 23.

Last edited:
Oh, and I almost forgot, today was the first testing day in France, at Paul Ricard

McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton was the quickest man in action on Wednesday as this week’s multi-team test at Paul Ricard got underway. Hamilton clocked a best time of 1m 05.600s around the French circuit, which was configured to a short layout to allow the teams to make preparations for the forthcoming Monaco Grand Prix.

Unofficial Wednesday test times from Paul Ricard:
1. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 1:05.600
2. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1:06.098
3. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 1:06.
4. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 1:06.348
5. Sebastian Vettel, Toro Rosso, 1:06.372
6. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 1:06.571
7. Alexander Wurz, Honda, 1:06.681
8. Timo Glock, Toyota, 1:06.936
9. Vitantonio Liuzzi, Force India, 1:07.346
10. Lucas di Grassi, Renault, 1:07.430

Formula One drivers Lewis Hamilton, Nico Rosberg, Jenson Button, Nelson Piquet, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Mark Webber, David Coulthard and Adrian Sutil are all expected to grace the catwalk, as they try their hand at modelling FORM, Petra Ecclestone’s new luxury menswear collection, and there could even be a star turn by world champion Kimi Raikkonen.

The drivers’ wives and girlfriends and several world-famous supermodels will also feature, and with actress Elizabeth Hurley’s haute couture swimwear range, Jimmy Choo shoes, Chopard jewellery and Isabell Kristensen’s evening gowns all set to be modelled, those taking part will be spoilt for choice.

Following the catwalk event, guests will be invited to bid for a selection of luxurious lots to raise money for the Aids Foundation. Items on offer include a week on Force India co-owner Dr Vijay Mallya’s 95-metre yacht, the Indian Empress, and a piano used by Elton John to write and record the Grammy-nominated ‘Songs from the West Coast’, signed by 17 international musicians.

With legendary auctioneer Charlie Ross on hand to help boost bids, TV presenters Steve Rider and Tamara Ecclestone in charge of hosting duties and a Martini-sponsored party, Monaco’s glitterati are expected to be out in force. The event will be held at the Le Meridien Beach Plaza Hotel on Friday, May 23.

Oooooh :wild::wild::wild: I didn't know that, thanks for the info! Mmm.. imagine Kimi on the catwalk... :wub: Or Jenson Button.. or Nico Rosberg.. :smilerolleyes::cheeky:

^^^yeah, that would be more than great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wild: I can't wait!!!! I would like to see Kimi and Jenni together on the catwalk!

The 2nd test day in France:

1 K. Räikkönen Ferrari F2008 1:05.381 -.--- -.--- 102
2 H. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes MP4-23 1:05.471 +0.090 +0.090 89
3 R. Kubica BMW Sauber F1.08 1:05.905 +0.524 +0.434 135
4 D. Coulthard Red Bull Racing RB4 1:06.001 +0.620 +0.096 82
5 J. Button Honda RA108 1:06.091 +0.710 +0.090 155
6 S. Bourdais Toro Rosso STR3 1:06.125 +0.744 +0.034 110
7 J. Trulli Toyota TF108 1:06.205 +0.824 +0.080 120
8 N. Piquet Jr. Renault R28 1:06.355 +0.974 +0.150 193
9 K. Nakadzsima Williams FW30 1:07.080 +1.699 +0.725 129
10 A. Sutil Force India VJM01 1:07.104 +1.723 +0.024 66
11 G. Fisichella Force India VJM01 1:07.123 +1.742 +0.019 64

Kimi Raikkonen continued with preparations for the Monaco Grand Prix, again working on settings for the F2008 and on development of new aerodynamic solutions for high downforce circuits. The planned programme for these past two days was completed with no technical problems.

The day in figures is as follows: 102 laps completed, the quickest in a time of 1.05.381.

Testing at this circuit, with its configuration modified to replicate some characteristics of a track like Montreal, continues tomorrow, when Felipe Massa takes over behind the wheel.

Cuteness :wub:
y1pD9OHwWNx3_KhKzrf96XmfSnhxyRARTZX.jpg

y1pD9OHwWNx3_JNWF579q0F5Q2HQizp5zfV.jpg

Isn't this car beautiful??? :yes:
y1pD9OHwWNx3_IdVm46oYO1Vu4S_gAkNQ30.jpg

Nice environment:
y1pD9OHwWNx3_IVVtoFp9oBxKkYN1whUHP7.jpg

y1pD9OHwWNx3_LdGMIZgP66K3kZoBDrZg_7.jpg

Last edited:
^ great results :)

Oh yeah, in Rome I went to Ferrari-shop and there was a real-size Ferrari.
It was much bigger than what I'va thought Formule cars are.. And yes, it's the most beautiful car in the WORLD ;D

Last edited:
Back