Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

I've read the book ... enjoyed most of it.
But ....
I do not know why the word - opportunist - comes to mind & I cannot get rid of that feeling

EDIT:

Once those schools and orphanages are built in Michael's memory ... I will no doubt feel differntly.

Last edited:
It's hard to say really, because we do not know the truth and one of them does, if we take sides and such an we pick the wrong person well we look silly lol, But Frank version, yeah okay i would go with him, he was Michael's long true friend, and i suppose if it was Michael that was meant to be going, there would of been some press talking about it..over the years yet nothing. but yeah thats just my option lol :)

Support cascio's want to write a memoir about his dear friend Michael. And if he takes on his jealous, mean spirited critics too, this book will be more than an enthusiastic buy.

I've read the book ... enjoyed most of it.
But ....
I do not know why the word - opportunist - comes to mind& I cannot get rid of that feeling

EDIT:

Once those schools and orphanages are built in Michael's memory ... I will no doubt feel differntly.

I know why..because that is what he is AN OPPORTUNIST and this is nicely saying..Unfortunately he is not the only one but the fact he was Michael "closest friend" for so many years as he sates but I'd say he was only "close" to Michael for all those years and no friend.That is not what a friend means he was more like a companion.

An REAL Opportunist wtih his access to Michael would have taken the opportunity before he died too.. And not a "neverland sleep over" with friends.. He defended Michael when others wouldn't, while he had the opportunity to cash in BIG..

Where were the friends that we defend when he needed them? YES SOME were there, but its a smalllll majority.

I don't care what others say, this book made Michael look more "normal" than what he is protraid, so if I have a close friend that will make me look more exceptable to the public if I die as a public figure than they have my 100% blessing..

Maybe he 'liked it' because they poster is complementing him on his book..... and he forgot what we were like :hysterical: Or maybe it's something else.

^Then he must have forgotten how to read because what the girl implied was CLEAR as day! Unless he just likes being complimented on the book no matter what?! o_O Now that would be halarious! lol

^^^ Maybe, but sometimes on this forum I will 'like' something from part of a post, obviously I wouldn't 'like it' if I strongly disagreed with the rest of the post, but I would check the 'like' if there was part that I was really impressed/happy/agreed with.

This thread hasn't been active in a while, but I finished reading the book a couple of days ago and then looked through this thread starting on page 150 - I just have one comment, and I think I deserve one comment after reading all that:

Dear God!

:rofl:

This thread hasn't been active in a while, but I finished reading the book a couple of days ago and then looked through this thread starting on page 150 - I just have one comment, and I think I deserve one comment after reading all that:

Dear God!

:rofl:

Yes? How can We help?
images

Last edited:
I recently finished reading Frank Cascio book and since then I got a question stuck in my head.

Frank says in his book, as the tabloid press was reporting at that time, that Michael actually canceled the Dangerous tour and went to rahab because the next stop was the USA and Michael would be arrested there.

So, Is Frank really acknowledging what the tabloids was saying when Michael canceled the tour?

Check this quote of Richard Hirsch:

"The London Sunday Mirror quoted Los Angeles attorney Richard Hirsch, who represents the boy's father, as saying Jackson has run out of excuses for staying out of America. "If he fled to avoid these charges, it is a very sad situation for everyone concerned," Hirsch was quoted as saying."
http://articles.latimes.com/1993-11-15/news/mn-57233_1_michael-jackson

I don't know what Frank says in his book but if he really said this he needs to educate himself about 1993.

There was NO arrest warrant issued against Michael ever in 1993, so to claim he didn't return to the US to avoid arrest is simply a media lie.

Michael really needed rehab. On November 15, 1993 his attorney, Bert Fields held a press conference and said that Michael was barely able to function on an intellectual level. Because of media accusations that he is "hiding" (even though, like I said, there was no arrest warrant against him), on November 22 the doctor who treated him, Dr. Beachamp Colclough released a statment confirming that he is treating Michael for painkiller dependancy and refuted media rumours about Michael "hiding out" and also rumours about cosmetic surgery and that Michael was suicidal: "no other medical, surgical or psychological condition exists".

Elton John, who helped Michael to find rehab, also confirmed that when Michael showed up at his place (Liz Taylor took him there) he was in a very bad shape and "he looked like a zombie".

But the bottom line is: there was no arrest warrant against him, so no, he would not have been arrested in case he returned to the US. Just like he wasn't arrested in December, when he eventually returned.

Last edited:
respect77;3633911 said:
I don't know what Frank says in his book but if he really said this he needs to educate himself about 1993.

There was NO arrest warrant issued against Michael ever in 1993, so to claim he didn't return to the US to avoid arrest is simply a media lie.

Michael really needed rehab. On November 15, 1993 his attorney, Bert Fields held a press conference and said that Michael was barely able to function on an intellectual level. Because of media accusations that he is "hiding" (even though, like I said, there was no arrest warrant against him), on November 22 the doctor who treated him, Dr. Beachamp Colclough released a statment confirming that he is treating Michael for painkiller dependancy and refuted media rumours about Michael "hiding out" and also rumours about cosmetic surgery and that Michael was suicidal: "no other medical, surgical or psychological condition exists".

Elton John, who helped Michael to find rehab, also confirmed that when Michael showed up at his place (Liz Taylor took him there) he was in a very bad shape and "he looked like a zombie".

But the bottom line is: there was no arrest warrant against him, so no, he would not have been arrested in case he returned to the US. Just like he wasn't arrested in December, when he eventually returned.

Here is the part of the book where Frank talks about it:

"In later years, Michael would explain to me that the cancellation of the tour had had nothing to do with drug addiction. It was because his next tour date was in Puerto Rico, on American soil, and if he had entered the United States at this time, there was a very real chance that he would have been arrested on the allegations of child molestation. To avoid his arrest, his team of handlers had to come up with a way to get him out of the rest of the tour. The only way to guarantee that the part of the tour that was canceled would be covered by insurance would be if Michael opted out because of a medical problem. So he told the world that he had a problem with prescription medicine. It was humiliating—another serious blow to his reputation—but he had no other viable choice."

It's like he is saying MJ never had a addiction period. Plus, to be arrested u need a warrant first. So if they wanted to arrest MJ they would have issued one no matter where in the world he was just like they did in 03. And it never happened. So was Elizabeth and Elton lying then too? SMH

See that's why I have a problem with this book. He says what allegedly MJ told him with no proof other then they were once really close and therefore I should proably believe him!

It's like he is saying MJ never had a addiction period.

he's not saying that. he's telling two events when Michael was under the influence, he's telling Elizabeth Taylor talking to them explaining Michael's issues and then talking to him when he was in rehab. he's just saying later on Michael said him there was other reasons.

As I said before Frank doesn't make definitive claims in his book. He writes it like " I saw this, Elizabeth told me this, my dad told me that, Michael told me this" then you make your mind in regard to what you think really happened.

But, I did make up my mind already as u can see and clearly explained why many times and yet...there u are!

do you remember here to be a discussion forum? If you want to write what you think and do not want any responses - open a blog and do not allow comments. In a discussion forum I can comment on any post I want.

As I said before Frank doesn't make definitive claims in his book. He writes it like " I saw this, Elizabeth told me this, my dad told me that, Michael told me this" then you make your mind in regard to what you think really happened

It has nothin to do with me not wanting someone to respond to something I said. The issue here is that u been saying the bolded part since the begining and that is exactly what I did do. Yet, u want to correct me for making up my mind and what I got from reading the book for myself. Oh the Irony.

It has nothin to do with me not wanting someone to respond to something I said. The issue here is that u been saying the bolded part since the begining and that is exactly what I did do. Yet, u want to correct me for making up my mind and what I got from reading the book for myself. Oh the Irony.

no. you without reading the book said that it's like Frank is saying like Michael never had an addiction. As a person I corrected it for the other people and explained how Frank mentioned addiction and rehab. I don't care what you think or I'm not trying to change what you think. That being said I don't want other people to be misled by your personal assumptions. I'm free to correct any misinterpretation as I see fit.

Let me say first that the book has been out for months and many people shared it for free online. So I don't know how u missed the part where I already said I did read it. lol And I didn't need to buy it. Maybe u think because I see negatives in the book still that I still have not read it. But, surprise surprise that isn't so. I still feel as I knew I would about the book as I did before and even more so. And there are others who also read the book who don't like things in it either so I am not the only one that is for sure.

Anyways saying "it's like" doesn't mean he did in fact say that nor did I mean it that way. Again that was just how I viewed his comments as. So I really don't see how anyone could get confuse and not see my post was my own opinion when I made it clear and not being portrayed as fact. o_O But, for whatever reason it's how u viewed it. But, I'm not gonna go on again about this like when the book first came out. We both know many here have different views on this, so movin on.

Last edited:
Nathy MJ;3634478 said:
Here is the part of the book where Frank talks about it:

"In later years, Michael would explain to me that the cancellation of the tour had had nothing to do with drug addiction. It was because his next tour date was in Puerto Rico, on American soil, and if he had entered the United States at this time, there was a very real chance that he would have been arrested on the allegations of child molestation. To avoid his arrest, his team of handlers had to come up with a way to get him out of the rest of the tour. The only way to guarantee that the part of the tour that was canceled would be covered by insurance would be if Michael opted out because of a medical problem. So he told the world that he had a problem with prescription medicine. It was humiliating—another serious blow to his reputation—but he had no other viable choice."

Why would Michael tell him this to Frank when it's not true? I know some people will say that Michael sometimes just made up things, but why would he make up things those would make him look bad? What if it's Frank who sometimes makes up things? What if he just remembered this is something the papers wrote at the time and now he attributes it to Michael telling it to him?

Like I said, the whole claim doesn't make any sense since there was no arrest warrant against Michael, so no, there was no danger of him being arrested had he returned. And he was not arrested when he returned in December. Those are simply facts. Just like Michael's addiction is. So why would Michael tell a lie about it that only makes him look worse? To me it doesn't make sense. Maybe it's not only Michael who sometimes makes up things in this book...

BTW, the prosecution in 1993 were going nowhere with their investigation. They interviewed 40-60 kids (according to some sources up to 100) who used to be around Michael, they did house searches in Neverland, Michael's Century City condo, in Michael's hotel room in Las Vegas, in Encino. They didn't find any evidence or corroborating victim! Nothing! The Chandlers didn't care about the criminal investigation. In fact they were trying to push that back behind the civil trial. That's the only thing they were interested in, ie. money! It was actually Michael's attorneys who were fighting for the civil proceedings being pushed back behind the criminal, because to have the civil before the criminal can potentially violate the defendant's constitutional rights.

There are many precedents where civil proceedings have been frozen to allow the criminal trial ahead, preserving a defendant's right to a fair trial and preventing that right from being violated. According to precedent cases those Geraldine Hughes quotes in her book:

"When both criminal and civil proceedings arise out of the same or related transactions, the defendant is entitled to a Stay of Discovery and trial in the civil action until the criminal matter has been fully resolved."

However, in regards to the case against Michael Jackson, all such attempts by Jackson’s lawyers to stay the civil proceeding were dismissed by Superior Court Judge David Rothman. Apparently, the Chandler's trump card was Jordan's age. Here is what Geraldine Hughes writes:

„Michael Jackson lost all four motions. It was obvious from a legal standpoint of view that the scales of justice were not pointing in Michael Jackson's favor. Instead, it was weighing heavily in favor of the 13-year old boy. Michael Jackson's attorneys were applying precedent laws which were applied in a similar sexual battery case. Pacers Inc. v. Superior Court specifically held that it is improper invasion of the defendant's constitutional rights not to stay civil proceedings where a criminal investigation is ongoing. But Mr. Feldman's trump card was, "a child's memory is developing," and their inability to, "remember like an adult." This law was designed to protect a small child's ability to recall for prolonged periods of time after being a victim and/or witness to a crime. This case, however, involved a 13-year old boy, who was soon to be turning 14 years old.”

And this is from Ray Chandler's book, All That Glitters:

„Later in the afternoon, after everyone had consumed their holiday repast, Larry Feldman called Evan with news they could all be thankful for. "Hey, Evan, you gotta hear this one. Howard Weitzman demoted Fields again. They definitely don't want your deposition, or June's deposition. They don't want to preserve anything. If they're gonna make a deal they don't want anything on the record about Jackson."

No shit! Larry, these guys are in a real mess."

"Yeah, they fucked this up unbelievably. What could be better? But I'm going forward. We're going to push on. So far there ain't a button I've missed. The only thing we gotta do is keep the criminal behind us. I don't want them going first."

Larry had said it before, but it hadn't registered in Evan's brain till now.

"You mean if they indict, the criminal case automatically goes before us?"
"Yeah."
"Jesus Christ!"
"Right! So we don't want that."

Remember, that it's the criminal trial that can get a perpetrator to jail, the civil cannot. It can only result in monetary award for the plaintiff! So it were Michael's attorneys who fought for the criminal proceedings to get ahead of the civil while the Chandlers fought for pushing the criminal back behind the civil. The fact that because of Jordan's age in this case the civil proceedings have not been frozen to allow the criminal go first is basically the reason that lead to the settlement. Which was a settlement to settle the civil proceedings, not the criminal! (The law doesn't even allow to settle criminal cases.)

So how does this fit in with Michael hiding from a potential arrest? Unless the reason he didn't want to return was that he didn't want to be deposed for the civil trial. If the civil trial is held before the criminal trial it can give the prosecution in the criminal trial a major advantage because they have the opportunity to monitor the civil trial and study the defense's strategy. They can then, therefore, adjust their claims and strategy in kind. Furthermore, unlike in a criminal proceeding, where the defendant can constitutionally refuse to be deposed without consequence, a defendant in a civil trial cannot refuse to submit to a deposition free of consequence. A deposition in a civil case, held prior to a criminal proceeding, has the potential of violating a defendant's Fifth Amendment right to refuse to testify in a criminal case. The prosecution can use the testimony from the civil deposition in the criminal trial.

So not wanting to be deposed because his 5th Amendment rights would have been violated, is something I can imagine as a reason for Michael not returning, but that has nothing to do with an arrest. There was no danger of Michael being arrested.

I actually do not think it to be far stretched to worry about arrest warrants following when you're already accused. If I were Michael- innocently accused- I would have worried about a baseless arrest warrant being issued. Who wouldn't have worried about that? An arrest warrant does not take forever. Just imagine being harassed by customs upon return.
Especially if you are MJ who has just been innocently accused of vile crimes. I, too, would have taken care of other issues before entering my own 'homeland' that literally seeks my blood- arrest warrant, or not.

I actually do not think it to be far stretched to worry about arrest warrants following when you're already accused. If I were Michael- innocently accused- I would have worried about a baseless arrest warrant being issued. Who wouldn't have worried about that? An arrest warrant does not take forever. Just imagine being harassed by customs upon return.
Especially if you are MJ who has just been innocently accused of vile crimes. I, too, would have taken care of other issues before entering my own 'homeland' that literally seeks my blood- arrest warrant, or not.

If that was why Michael didn't return then he would not have returned in December either. This so called running and hiding took about a month, correlating exactly with the time when he was in really bad shape because of painkiller addiction. The fact that he was in a very bad shape was confirmed by others, such as Liz Taylor, Elton John and Dr. Beachamp Colclough. He was not hiding from potential arrest warrants. He was in a treatment for painkiller addiction.

The only thing I can imagine he was running from is a deposition for the civil case, because Michael's team was trying hard to delay the civil case in order to get the criminal ahead. For the above described reasons. That it was maybe a tactic to delay deposition and thus the civil proceedings, that is plausible. But I still don't think that was the main reason, but that Michael really was in a very bad shape because of dependency.

Last edited:
^^ Thats possible too and its also possible MJ may have told Frank that so he wouldnt be worried
over MJ and his mediactions thinking he would fall back into addiction. Franks gave the other sides
of the story too and then what MJ said to him. about it .. he is just giving what he knew or heard.
from all sides.

SO I thinks it may be little of both. Maybe initially MJ was stalling trying to get all his attorneys
and ducks in row before he returned to USA. But then at the same time he was also found to be
suffering from abusing presciption medications and needed help to cleanse himself during that period.

It doesnt have to be one or the other .. both snenarios can be true.

Back