Frank Cascio "My Friend Michael"/ Excerpt @pg151/New Interview Post 3743

Re: Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson

Oh no he's friends with the Rabbi too? WTF? I saw the pic *PUKE*

And of course Roger is getting hand fed stories from the Cascio's still! NOT GOOD!

Well, that means I will not buy the book and when someone have a link with the book for free that's when I will read it! Like I did with the last book the Rabbi had with MJ! lol ;) That's the best way to go! If ur really interested in reading these books!

No, way am I giving these people my money! I didn't even buy the "Michael" Album! Don't have to say why do I!? lol

Whatever! SMH

This is so obvious... so transparent. All these people writing books about Michael, when they were supposed to have been friends with him - isn't that what they all say? - are writing books to defend their own backs, for some caught on their shadiness regarding the "Michael" album and 'unfairly' attacked them. They go to Oprah, now write a book, Knowing full well Many Jackson fans are gonna buy it for they say it's about Michael Jackson, and for they were his 'best friend'. All they need to utter is those two sonorous words.

Everybody and their mother are writing books about Jackson, when the focus is So on them and their bruised ego. They're gonna blab about how it was MJ on their tracks, thus lie and all that. Nobody would be interested in any of these people if they didn't write about their famous 'friend'. Just cuz they say positive positive things, their 'efforts' are selfish, for which they know they'll win big, both monetarily and reputation-wise. Jackson was a most private person and his friendship with these people, as well as others, was a private one and he relied on them big apparently when he'd tell them they're the only friends he trusts. ...

Michael's mother recently published a book, discussing the relationship with her son, is she selling him out? Of course not, not to any of you. It's not even clear if any discussion of these records will even be included in the book. It's also not clear who it is on the records, either way, so to say that mentioning it's Michael on the tracks is a lie, is a lie within itself. Because fact is, we don't know.

Many of you have biased opinions on members of this family, for no reason at all. These opinions undoubtedly influence what you say about them. Like I said, the article gave little indication that this book will revolve around the discussion of 12 questionable songs. Yet many of you are implying already, before anything, that the book will consist of all lies.

A 20+ year relationship was questioned, and they were basically provoked into doing this, I don't agree with it, but they were provoked into this action. It's sad because we all know what this family meant to Michael, we all know how good they were to him, but now, now when you hear some tracks that don't sound like Michael, all of that goes out the window.

I don't get it.

so it's simple then. you are not the audience for this book and honestly I don't understand why you would waste time to even comment about something that's not relevant to you.

ps: the above part is quite conflicting and full of double standards as well. In other threads I have seen you question people for not believing what Jacksons and MJ's kids (allegedly) said , yet you say you'll have no problem in not believing MJ if he had said something against your belief. Anyway this is not the thread for this debate. I just wish that you were able to step back from this debate and realize how harsh you sound. anyway back to topic.

Are you referring to me? :unsure:

Let's not generalize please. there are many of us that has different opinions

That's why I said 'many of us' rather than 'all of us'. The latter would be generalising. The former was not.

you don't have to buy it, read it or believe it.

True, but I have a right to complain and rant about it if I want to.

again let's not generalize this to everyone.

I was CLEARLY referencing us none believers.....this is just nitpicking on your part now....

I dont know where I stand with you Ivy, one minute you are battling with me over a certain subject and then the next you're all pally with me, then its right back to battling with me again......it feels like you are subscribed to my posts and pick up on everything I say on every topic.

So who will benefit from this book?
Michael or Frank?

:mello:

Michael, Frank, and the children in Haiti, hopefully.

I am sure Liz Taylor and Debbie Rowe have much more to say... so does Mac and many others... does this mean they should all publish books about Michael? Where does this leave the right of Michael to have his private life, to keep his personal issues, both good and bad, just that way: PERSONAL?

I just don't understand the need to expose Michael over and over and over again. All of him has been exposed and over exposed. YOu can even know details of his body or bones!! How far is that for any single person?

I just don't get it :no:

I understand your opinion, but let's just wait and see what is actually in the book before we condemn it. I assume it will be fun, innocent stories about their time with Michael from when they were little growing up, with some occasional deeper stuff too. I highly doubt he would release his most private memories in this book. After all, he and his family kept silent in other times when it would have been profitable to sell private stories (1993, 2003-2005, right after June 25, 2009) and they didn't. As for Debbie Rowe, she is probably under some sort of confidentiality agreement. Liz Taylor is a very private person anyway, but I would have liked her to have said at least something about the death of her best friend, even if it's via a spokesperson.

So true.
Our Michael was not the best one to choose friends.
He deserved the best and got involved with so many nasty characters. I just can't understand why :doh:
It's because Michael Jackson didn't select friends from status, money or fame, when most people especially celebrities/rich people did. He was so easy to approach, he would be friends with strangers/ordinary family. I guess that's how he knew Chandlers, Arvizos, Cascio, the Taiwaness family, and many many other families...it's not like Michael didn't have celeb/rich friends, he was close to Hilton family, Liz, Diana Ross... and you would never see those people sell him out for MONEY or FAME. Michael never judge people's motive, but he lived in the greedy world.

Are you referring to me? :unsure:

nope. that's not to you. I believe I agreed with your post.

That's why I said 'many of us' rather than 'all of us'. The latter would be generalising. The former was not.

I dont know where I stand with you Ivy, one minute you are battling with me over a certain subject and then the next you're all pally with me, then its right back to battling with me again......it feels like you are subscribed to my posts and pick up on everything I say on every topic.

I had an issue with "many of us" as "many" to me sounded like the opinion of the majority. that's what I meant with let's not generalize. ( and I responded with a similar "many" to neutralize it. to me "some of us" sounds more neutral. there could be a little nitpicking on my part)

I'm not subscribed to anything (or follow any user specifically) but I'm a mod I try to read all the posts as it's my duty to do so. and I have no personal issues or "enemy" feelings against anyone. Simply as any human being , you (again like any person on this board) have some opinions that I agree with, some opinions that I feel the opposite and some opinions that I'm indifferent to. It's human nature in my book.

Michael's mother recently published a book, discussing the relationship with her son, is she selling him out? Of course not, not to any of you. It's not even clear if any discussion of these records will even be included in the book. It's also not clear who it is on the records, either way, so to say that mentioning it's Michael on the tracks is a lie, is a lie within itself. Because fact is, we don't know.

Many of you have biased opinions on members of this family, for no reason at all. These opinions undoubtedly influence what you say about them. Like I said, the article gave little indication that this book will revolve around the discussion of 12 questionable songs. Yet many of you are implying already, before anything, that the book will consist of all lies.

A 20+ year relationship was questioned, and they were basically provoked into doing this, I don't agree with it, but they were provoked into this action. It's sad because we all know what this family meant to Michael, we all know how good they were to him, but now, now when you hear some tracks that don't sound like Michael, all of that goes out the window.

I don't get it.

I read all the posts in this thread. Thus far, many of us are just appalled by the fact that Frank Cascio decided to write a book to discuss matters that should remain private. I don't see the implication of fans suggesting the book he's about to write will consist of lies.

The motive is pretty clear to me though. It's never about Michael. It's all about their own interest, isn't it?

Now, becasue they are provoked by fans. The family's friendship is now being questioned. They have the right to write a book to defend themselves. Really?

Yes. Hopefully Haiti children.
But I would dare to give some words of warning here. Over these sad 19 months since Michael has been gone, we have seen simply too many charity initiatives on his behalf and very little results, if any. I can thik of the book "It's all for L.O.V.E.", by fans, who actually showed a proof of their donation. I remember Jermain Jackson talking about tributes and charities, and I remember certain "very close spiritual guru" selling Michael's tapes in the name of charities. Which ones? I don't know.

Michael donated millions and millions to charities and individuals during his life. And you know what? He did it out of his own money, the one he got working hard. He didn't donate millions he got by talking about someone else.

I wish people would not use "charities" nor "poor children", nor any of those in need just to justify whatever they do for themselves.

As you say, we can't destroy this without even knowing the content... thing is I am not concerned about the content (why would they destroy MJ?). What bothers me is the fact of Michael being used for profit. That's what bothers me the most.

It's because Michael Jackson didn't select friends from status, money or fame, when most people especially celebrities/rich people did. He was so easy to approach, he would be friends with strangers/ordinary family. I guess that's how he knew Chandlers, Arvizos, Cascio, the Taiwaness family, and many many other families...it's not like Michael didn't have celeb/rich friends, he was close to Hilton family, Liz, Diana Ross... and you would never see those people sell him out for MONEY or FAME. Michael never judge people's motive, but he lived in the greedy world.
I guess I don't quite understand your point here. I see many famous "friends" of Michael turning his back to him. I see many non-famous people remaining loyal to him. Would you say that only those with fame and fortune will remain loyal to him?
VAlues, loyalty, decency... those don't come attached to fame or fortune, but to the person within yourself, do they? It's like saying "all poor people are good and all rich people are bad". It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with your core values.
:scratch:

I had an issue with "many of us" as "many" to me sounded like the opinion of the majority. that's what I meant with let's not generalize.

Well thats not true, I have no idea why you would see it like that. It just comes across as nitpicking to me. To be perfectly honest.

I'm not subscribed to anything (or follow any user specifically) but I'm a mod I try to read all the posts as it's my duty to do so. and I have no personal issues or "enemy" feelings against anyone. Simply as any human being , you (again like any person on this board) have some opinions that I agree with, some opinions that I feel the opposite and some opinions that I'm indifferent to. It's human nature in my book.

I'm sure you arent, I wouldnt glorify myself to the point where I would think people would subscribe to my posts...haha

Its more the manner in which you reply sometimes, one minute you are ok with me and then the next you're replying saying things like 'well, you dont have to believe it, read it or buy it'. It comes across like you are on a personal mission to correct all those who dont share your opinion and I seem to be a common target. I just dont know where I stand with you is all....

But that's ok, carry on as normal.

di12;3212453 said:
I try, but I can't
You can find that pic here. The last one "Frank Casio – Michael Jackson’s Manager and long time friend. Courtesy of Desmond O'Toole/RBR"
http://www.shmuley.com/gallery/category/C54/

When was that picture taken? That picture might not be recent.

Frank was with Michael when the rabbi was taping their conversations. Michael actually mentioned Frank at some point.

I read all the posts in this thread. Thus far, many of us are just appalled by the fact that Frank Cascio decided to write a book to discuss matters that should remain private. I don't see the implication of fans suggesting the book he's about to write will consist of lies.

You don't even know what he's going to write about. Personally, I love nothing more than to read nice and funny stories about Michael from people that were close to him. And I do not think Michael would have any problems with us reading them. As a matter of fact, I think he'd appreciate people defending him when he is no longer here to defend himself. We as fans can only do so much to clear his name and often we are not taken seriously by non-fans because we are "biased". It takes people who actually knew him (and I don't mean for a few months) to support our arguments.

Now if this book is full of garbage, THEN I will condemn it. But there is no reason whatsoever to believe that it will be anything but positive. Frank Cascio was a dear friend of Michael's for 25 years (!) and stood by him through his darkest of times. I have no doubt that the book will be positive and fans will buy it.

The motive is pretty clear to me though. It's never about Michael. It's all about their own interest, isn't it?

Yes, God forbid they receive some money for their efforts :smilerolleyes:

Now, becasue they are provoked by fans. The family's friendship is now being questioned. They have the right to write a book to defend themselves. Really?

Exactly.

Well thats not true, I have no idea why you would see it like that. It just comes across as nitpicking to me. To be perfectly honest.

see my edited post. I'm agreeing with you to some extent, it seems like I'm liking you at the moment :tease:

Its more the manner in which you reply sometimes, one minute you are ok with me and then the next you're replying saying things like 'well, you dont have to believe it, read it or buy it'. It comes across like you are on a personal mission to correct all those who dont share your opinion

nah it's more like to avoid unnecessary arguments. I feel sometimes people forget they have the choice to buy a book or not, to buy an album or not. I don't know if I'm expressing myself clearly. What I mean is anyone can write a book but it doesn't mean that what is written in the book is being forced on you, on the contrary you have the choice to ignore it, not buy it and not believe it.

see my edited post. I'm agreeing with you to some extent, it seems like I'm liking you at the moment :tease:
Agreeing with me to some extent, but disagreeing with me for the most part.

nah it's more like to avoid unnecessary arguments. I feel sometimes people forget they have the choice to buy a book or not, to buy an album or not. I don't know if I'm expressing myself clearly. What I mean is anyone can write a book but it doesn't mean that what is written in the book is being forced on you, on the contrary you have the choice to ignore it, not buy it and not believe it.

You create arguements when you challenge people's opinions, you dont avoid them. This is a perfect example, rather than avoiding an arguement you have created one. We have the choice to ignore it, I opted not to because it annoys the hell out of me and I want to express how I feel, I want to vent. I have the choice of believing it and I will wait until I hear of the contents of the book before I judge obviously.....

Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson

This is one book Ill be looking forward to. There are so many rumours and negative stories
written about Michael from those who never knew him. Hearing from Michael's good friend
Frank Casio will be a breath of fresh air. We need to balance the misinformation and lies
being spread about Michael. Frank has been a trusted friend and associate of Michael for
many many years.

So finally the book came. I wonder why I am not surprised.

It would be great if someone ..I dont know who...would write a book about Michael..and donate ALL the proceeds to charity...I would be more inclined to believe what it is they are saying...and not just trying to write a book for their own personal gain. I am not saying that is whet these folks are doing.....I just wish that people wrote all this POSITIVE stuff about Michael when he was HERE and able to read and appreciate it himself. Everyone seems to be a Michael Jackson expert now that he is gone..:(

Frank Cascio to write memoir of his friend Michael Jackson

This is one book Ill be looking forward to. There are so many rumours and negative stories
written about Michael from those who never knew him. Hearing from Michael's good friend
Frank Casio will be a breath of fresh air. We need to balance the misinformation and lies
being spread about Michael. Frank has been a trusted friend and associate of Michael for
many many years.

Hmmm. Wish he would not have done this. However, if its good it will balance out the trash that's permanent record in book stores. But to me there is still an If.

In the picture, the Rabbi is holding the book he has just released on January 2011
Yes..... The picture is recent.

shmuleyandfrank.jpg

:fear:

About the book:

Publisher: Vanguard Press; 1 edition (January 4, 2011)
http://www.amazon.com/Honoring-Child-Spirit-Inspiration-Learning/dp/1593156049

Does Frank read the book "The Michael Jackson Tapes"? I wanted to know what Frank think about the comments of Rabbi in the book... :fear: Just thinking about it now.

I will not buy the book and when someone have a link with the book for free that's when I will read it!

That's what I'll do too. -_-

I hope... and PPB too. :pray:

Last edited:

I have the choice of believing it and I will wait until I hear of the contents of the book before I judge obviously.....

I'll openly say that I'm thanking and liking you for this. :yes:

Unfortunately all of us seem to get lost in the heat of the events and judge prematurely. My wish is to wait till we have a good amount of information before we come to a conclusion and be able to put ourselves in the shoes of the person / opposite side in the process of doing so. But perhaps what I'm trying to say is lost in the translation. anyway back to topic I guess.

I've seen a different version of that picture, Uri Gellar and David Gest are in it two. But its just been cropped. They have an annual meeting you see.

This...

As a fan, of course I like hearing cute stories about Michael. But, you know what. The man was a force of nature. The man was a creative powerhouse. The man was a genius. The man was way more than just a friend who hung around the house and ate candies.

We don't need another book from so-called friends for his legacy. I'm waiting for a legitimate credible biography. I'm waiting for an in-depth analysis of the man's works. I'm waiting for an anatomy of the man's creative process. I'm waiting for detailed studies of the man's messages.

When will Michael's talents and genius be fully acknowleged and appreciated? When? Will I see it in my lifetime?

BEAUTIFUL POST^^^. I think you will only see such a book if his kids decide to write about him.

A little more info

'Lifelong friend' of Michael Jackson has new book deal, promises to tell all

NEW YORK, N.Y. — A "lifelong friend" of Michael Jackson's is promising to tell all.

Frank Cascio, a former personal assistant to the singer, has a deal with William Morrow for "My Friend Michael." The memoir is scheduled for this fall, the publisher announced Tuesday.

According to Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins, the book will offer an "uplifting and definitive" account of Jackson, who died in 2009, while noting the "terribly scarred" experience of fame and pop star's need for "normalcy."

ivy;3212754 said:
A little more info

'Lifelong friend' of Michael Jackson has new book deal, promises to tell all

NEW YORK, N.Y. — A "lifelong friend" of Michael Jackson's is promising to tell all.

Frank Cascio, a former personal assistant to the singer, has a deal with William Morrow for "My Friend Michael." The memoir is scheduled for this fall, the publisher announced Tuesday.

According to Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins, the book will offer an "uplifting and definitive" account of Jackson, who died in 2009, while noting the "terribly scarred" experience of fame and pop star's need for "normalcy."

I'm still against this. Is that him or Eddie in the picture with Boteach. I get them confused. But I think Eddie is the younger one and believed the rumors about drug use. It sounds like he is giving his opinion on MJ's "terribly scarred" experience and it just makes me upset that MJ is not here to speak for himself. MJ is not a tragic icon to me and I don't see him or his life as tragic period.

I think I am in the minority but no more books about Michael right now. I am in the middle of reading my copy of conspiracy and it's hard to read the things Michael went through and had to deal with. People didn't want to listen then and see how badly Michael was treated. Are they going to want to listen to that now? I don't know. Will see.

I think I am in the minority but no more books about Michael right now. I am in the middle of reading my copy of conspiracy and it's hard to read the things Michael went through and had to deal with. People didn't want to listen then and see how badly Michael was treated. Are they going to want to listen to that now? I don't know. Will see.

I have the book conspiracy and everytime I want to pick it up and read it, I put it away. I just can't. I can't even look at the Moonwalk book that Michael published.

Too painful.

I have the book conspiracy and everytime I want to pick it up and read it, I put it away. I just can't. I can't even look at the Moonwalk book that Michael published.

Too painful.

It is hard. It's also hard to see how people like the media and public ignored the truth. It's like they all looked away and didn't care on purpose. I just want Michael to have peace. I don't know if all these books even with good intentions will give him that.

I'm still against this. Is that him or Eddie in the picture with Boteach. I get them confused. But I think Eddie is the younger one and believed the rumors about drug use. It sounds like he is giving his opinion on MJ's "terribly scarred" experience and it just makes me upset that MJ is not here to speak for himself. MJ is not a tragic icon to me and I don't see him or his life as tragic period.

It's frank in the pic with Boteach! Frank is bald or shaved his head! lol

Eddie has hair and is the youngest and the one who did the 3 controversial songs on the "Michael" album. Eddie was the one who said to Oprah that it was sad what happen to MJ at the end regarding the drugs! :mello:

Even though the whole family said earlier to Oprah that they never saw him take drugs and was fine around them! o_O

Last edited:
Back