From MJ Estate: IMMORTAL World Tour is the #1 tour in America.

Hi, my name is passionmysteryinnocence, i am new here. I went to the "Michael J ackson The Immortal" world tour by Cirque du Soleil. I did not get the best seating i would have liked, but i must say the fan turn out was incredable. You guys were nice to talk to at the concert.

PassionOHHH just sweet. Welcome to the gang!!

Long live the KING!!!!

Gee I hope they have presales of the permanent show soon so I could rush out and get my ticket.

Last edited:
Top 20 Concert Tours from Pollstar

Published: March 8, 2012 7:56 PM
By The Associated Press

The Top 20 Concert Tours ranks artists by average box office gross per city and includes the average ticket price for shows in North America. The previous week's ranking is in parentheses. The list is based on data provided to the trade publication Pollstar by concert promoters and venue managers.

TOP 20 CONCERT TOURS

1. (1) Cirque du Soleil -- "Michael Jackson: The Immortal"; $2,362,502; $109.98.

2. (2) Kanye West / Jay-Z; $1,902,032; $112.94.

3. (3) Cirque du Soleil -- "Dralion"; $1,148,681; $64.08.

4. (4) Cirque du Soleil -- "Quidam"; $912,283; $64.65.

5. (5) Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band; $753,644; $73.39.

6. (6) Trans-Siberian Orchestra; $618,135; $52.29.

7. (New) Jason Aldean; $592,300; $44.11.

8. (7) Brad Paisley; $586,414; $52.70.

9. (New) Blake Shelton; $367,522; $48.17.

10. (9) Jeff Dunham; $346,408; $46.76.

11. (New) Miranda Lambert; $314,295; $45.15.

12. (11) Lady Antebellum; $294,995; $44.54.

13. (10) Eric Church; $263,628; $34.51.

14. (14) Rain -- A Tribute To The Beatles; $189,572; $47.50.

15. (16) Rise Against; $148,490; $34.03.

16. (17) The String Cheese Incident; $147,062; $39.19.

17. (18) "Mythbusters"; $144,212; $53.09.

18. (20) Mannheim Steamroller; $138,470; $56.66.

19. (19) "Winter Jam" / Skillet; $136,638; $11.04.

20. (New) Salute To Vienna; $132,574; $78.87.

For free upcoming tour information, go to www.pollstar.com

Michael Jackson’s The Immortal Show Dethrones Jay-Z and Kanye West As Top Concert
Post by Alex Stone, Mar 9, 2012 at 7:41 pm Speak Up1

Jay-Z and Kanye West’s ‘Watch The Throne’ tour took second place to Michael Jackson’s The Immortal Cirque du Soleil show on the top concerts list.
2011 was definitely the year of The Throne. When Jay-Z and Kanye West announced a collaboration album dubbed ‘Watch The Throne,’ we already knew to expect an incredible project. The album was held in high regard for many throughout the hip hop community, but what was more impressive was The Throne’s tour.
Anyone that attended the performance knows that there was absolutely nothing like it, and although the ‘N*ggas in Paris’ music video took actual footage from their show, if you weren’t there, you just can’t understand the energy these two possess on the stage together.
With a tour so spectacular though, the hip hop duo only managed to pull in the number 2 spot with an impressive $1,902,032. This number averages out to each fan spending around $113 per ticket. It comes as no surprise that the only artist great enough to dethrone Jay-Z and Kanye West would be Michael Jackson himself.
‘Michael Jackson: The Immortal’ was a Cirque du Soleil show that pulled in the number 1 spot, thanks to a mind boggling $2,2362,502 in revenue being generated over the past three months in ticket sales. Even after death, Michael Jackson still has such a strong presence in pop culture, and many would say that he simply is pop culture.

Bubs;3609003 said:
Michael Jackson’s The Immortal Show Dethrones Jay-Z and Kanye West As Top Concert
Post by Alex Stone, Mar 9, 2012 at 7:41 pm Speak Up1

Even after death, Michael Jackson still has such a strong presence in pop culture, and many would say that he simply is pop culture.

Damn right!!!!!

I keep telling people MJ was one of a kind, no damn carbon copy!

New Date for North America:

Memphis, TN June 20th

Also coming soon (no date yet)

Greenville, SC
Albany, NY
Cincinnati, OH
Dallas, TX

Michael Jackson Meets Cirque Du Soleil In Powerful Show In Raleigh

Photo from Cirque Du Soleil
michaeljackson3.jpg

By The Raleigh Telegram

RALEIGH – With an amazing combination of fireworks, giant video screens, dancing robots, a hot air balloon, contortionists, flying acrobats, a one legged dancer, glowing hearts, magical LED suits, and moving tributes to Michael Jackson career, the touring version of the new “Michael Jackson, The Immortal World Tour” by Cirque du Soleil awed audiences when the production visited the RBC Center in Raleigh on Saturday.

The production is worthy of Michael Jackson’s amazing life in which he brought joy to millions of fans across the globe through decades of music.

The moving presentation was presented with Jackson’s music playing in the background with live dancers on stage and some tracks, including the guitar riff in the iconic “Beat It,” featured live musicians as well.

Giant computer-controlled video screens that could be raised and lowered filled up the stage in front of the audience, while dancers swirled around the floor or even in the air, as they often flew above the audience on hidden wires.

The sheer technical prowess required to manage all of the computerized screens and special effects is impressive with their ability to coordinate timing with the dancers and music.

During the show, the audience was able to follow Michael Jackson’s storied career from childhood as he performed with his family in the Jackson Five to his adult hits that including songs from “Thriller,” the best selling album of all time, and tunes from later in his career.

Songs included “Wanna Be Starting Something,” “Ben,” “Smooth Criminal,” “Dangerous,” “Beat It,” “ABC,” “Thriller,” “Scary Story,” “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You,” “Scream,” “Earth Song,” “They Don’t Care About Us,” “Will You Be There,” “Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough,” “Billie Jean,” “Black or White,” and others.

The show’s moving end transitioned from a “Megamix” which included a powerful medley of music, international flare, and fireworks in recognition of Michael’s world-wide influence and then introspectively concluded with “Man In The Mirror,” which is a song Jackson often chose to finish with at his concerts.

Probably the most powerful segment of the night was “They Don’t Care About Us,” in which dozens of robots with glowing metallic suits marched across the stage in unison, with Jackson’s thundering music in the background. It was an impressive scene that portrayed the raw power behind Jackson’s music.

The video content on the screens included haunting scenes that were specially created for the show but also television broadcasts of Michael as a young man when he was in the Jackson Five, videos from his career, and stunning animations that reflected the musical score.

The Cirque du Soleil performers were amazing and highlights included great performances from Jean Sok, a one legged dancer, and Anna Melnikova, a pole dancer who was able to seemingly defy gravity. Contortionist Baaska Enkhbaatar also impressed audiences with her flexibility on stage. Others flew in the air during the show including aerial artists Luba Kazantseva and Igor Zaripov who were terrific.

The Cirque du Soleil artists were magnificent and performed amazing stunts without the benefit of nets flawlessly.

Our only complaint about the show was that there seemed to be more time spent on Jackson’s lesser known songs than such iconic hits as “Beat It” and “Bad” and for those who grew up with his 1980′s songs might be disappointed. Even mega-hit “Thriller” was given somewhat of a chopped up treatment, without playing the entire song all the way through, focusing on Vincent Price’s monologue instead.

The segments that didn’t fiddle with Jackson’s scores or tried to be artistic with the actual music itself seemed to be the most effective in terms of moving the audience. In other words, we felt that Cirque du Soleil should have just played mostly the entire songs without trying to include DJ mixing effects that cut back and forth between hits.

However, overall the entire show successfully integrates Michael Jackson’s amazing music, live performances, video backgrounds, and special effects into one big tour de force that is a tribute to the much loved singer’s life and legacy.

Sadly, with the untimely passing of Michael Jackson, the tour will likely be the closest you can come to seeing Jackson live in concert. If you are a fan of Michael Jackson’s music, you definitely owe it to yourself to see “Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour” which presents his life’s work in an entertaining, dazzling, and emotionally moving manner. ::

PHOTO FROM CIRQUE DU SOLEIL

New Date for North America:

Memphis, TN June 20th

Also coming soon (no date yet)

Greenville, SC
Albany, NY
Cincinnati, OH
Dallas, TX

I am hoping they add a Madison date also.

That last article about Michael being pop culture is spot on. Way to go King!!!
Also, Memphis had some computerized aspects that I do not remember seeing, so the show is really evolving!!!

Wonderful! So glad to hear it's doing well. MJ has got to have one of the most supportive fan bases ever. Michael would be so happy to hear this. I'm going to see the show next month here in NYC. I can't wait! Michael, forever the King! I love you Michael!

it will be in philadelphia pa 4-10 and 4-11 my sister and i have tickets, can't wait.

Still #1 :D

I'll Be There to see it in June @ Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA :wild:

The Top 20 Concert Tours ranks artists by average box office gross per city and includes the average ticket price for shows in North America. The previous week’s ranking is in parentheses. The list is based on data provided to the trade publication Pollstar by concert promoters and venue managers.

TOP 20 CONCERT TOURS

1. (1) Cirque du Soleil - “Michael Jackson: The Immortal’’; $2,140,271; $114.17.
2. (New) Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band; $1,988,992; $90.73.
3. (New) Elton John; $1,295,560; $115.62.
4. (2) Jason Aldean; $614,023; $44.35.
5. (4) Brad Paisley; $592,300; $53.01.
6. (3) The Black Keys; $591,358; $47.33.
7. (5) Lady Antebellum; $521,178; $48.74.
8. (6) Blake Shelton; $361,236; $47.85.
9. (7) Miranda Lambert; $347,481; $44.96.
10. (8) Jeff Dunham; $309,200; $45.47.
11. (9) Eric Church; $252,872; $35.14.
12. (10) Kelly Clarkson; $190,025; $54.88.
13. (11) “Gigantour’’ / Megadeth; $170,897; $48.20.
14. (12) Rain - A Tribute To The Beatles; $162,317; $49.46.
15. (14) “Mythbusters’’; $161,554; $51.66.
16. (New) Rise Against; $144,233; $33.90.
17. (15) Peter Frampton; $131,036; $64.55.
18. (16) The Moody Blues; $129,112; $62.33.
19. (18) “Winter Jam’’ / Skillet; $128,865; $11.11.
20. (17) Casting Crowns; $126,856; $28.59.

http://articles.boston.com/2012-04-26/ae/29561424_1_cirque-du-soleil-concert-tours-pollstar

MsMo;3630394 said:

TOP 20 CONCERT TOURS

1. (1) Cirque du Soleil - “Michael Jackson: The Immortal’’; $2,140,271; $114.17.
2. (New) Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band; $1,988,992; $90.73.

Lucky you :clapping:

Bruce is getting close, that is his first week, isn't it?

The Top 20 Concert Tours ranks artists by average box office gross per city and includes the average ticket price for shows in North America. The previous week’s ranking is in parentheses. The list is based on data provided to the trade publication Pollstar by concert promoters and venue managers.

TOP 20 CONCERT TOURS

Oh yeah, the King of Pop continues to dominate!!!!!:clapping:

I am hearing another date has been added for London.

Back