Greg Gorman's semi-nude photo of Michael?

Here is short (really short)clip about the exhibition in the regional TV-News in Germany

i think you clearly see his vitiligo..

starts at 3:20

Link: http://mediathek.rbb-online.de/tv/r...mentId=32017422&topRessort=tv&bcastId=3907840

That footage proves the photo is real. That face is very clearly his face, no doubt.

His vitiligo is not visible that's just a glass effect.

By this time his whole body was affected. this is full body makeup, dermablend.

Anyway he looks GOOOOORGEOUS. Who thinks it's vulgar? It's just the opposite. this is real work of art.
I would say this and the Vanity Fair covers are his best full body pictures.

Thanks so much for the clip Paris78!! I had to screencap :D

OcJN5cl.png

definitely Michael :heart:

if you look at the previous pictures and compare it to this one, it really shows how much difference the angle makes
ZfeQTAV.png

Myosotis, I agree, it's sad that there's been so much uncertainty about the authenticity of past releases that fans start to believe something's fake even when it's real. In this case I feel like it also has a lot to do with how some fans like to see Michael, and something like this apparently doesn't fit that image - so they reject it. To me, that's just as sad..

Myosotis, I agree, it's sad that there's been so much uncertainty about the authenticity of past releases that fans start to believe something's fake even when it's real. In this case I feel like it also has a lot to do with how some fans like to see Michael, and something like this apparently doesn't fit that image - so they reject it. To me, that's just as sad..

Well, I can certainly understand that. But Michael always liked to be challenging, where his appearance was concerned. When the YANA video first came out, I was desolate about him 'losing' his long curly hair. Took me months to get over it.... :(

Thank you for posting the Greg Gorman screencap. It reminds me a little of the Gottfried Helnwein headshot from 1988:

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pb6Ovb3ij][/URL]

Last edited:
"Karen Faye ‏@wingheart · 58m58 minutes ago
Yes the photo by Greg Gorman is authentic. I did the makeup and hair for all the photos taken with Michael and Gregg. Enjoy!!!!"

1978;4119218 said:
"Karen Faye ‏@wingheart · 58m58 minutes ago
Yes the photo by Greg Gorman is authentic. I did the makeup and hair for all the photos taken with Michael and Gregg. Enjoy!!!!"

Karen has said many lied through out these 6 years but she seems serious here.

There may be not footage of every single photo shoot but Michael had his people filming many moments of his life. Maybe it could exist.

Well, I can certainly understand that. But Michael always like to be challenging, where his appearance was concerned. When the YANA video first came out, I was desolate about him 'losing' his long curly hair. Took me months to get over it.... :(

Ha! I'm still not over that, lol ;) I get it when they just don't like the look or the picture itself, but I was speaking more in terms of comments like 'ew, he would never do something like this!'. A lot of people seem to get caught up in the image he had as being so shy and childlike, they've started to see him as a 1 dimensional person and they reject things he actually did or liked because it doesn't fit their imagine of him. I've seen some comments from fans who think it's fake that come across quite condescending and condemnatory, which is sad imo since it is him.

I've looking his face for 20 minutes at least from this better angle and the more I look at him, the more I'm convinced it's him now. I cant wrap my head around many fans thinking Michael was some kind of prude thinking he'd never do anything like that either. They haven't seen YANA it seems or they forgot Michael showed a LOT MORE.

You-are-not-alone-michael-jackson-11205214-758-344_zps7b356010.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
Ha! I'm still not over that, lol ;) I get it when they just don't like the look or the picture itself, but I was speaking more in terms of comments like 'ew, he would never do something like this!'. A lot of people seem to get caught up in the image he had as being so shy and childlike, they've started to see him as a 1 dimensional person and they reject things he actually did or liked because it doesn't fit their imagine of him. I've seen some comments from fans who think it's fake that come across quite condescending and condemnatory, which is sad imo since it is him.

I agree that some fans tend to think of him as some kind of very one-dimensional person which is sad because some just don't want to allow him to be anything but some one-dimensional Peter Pan figure. He was Peter Pan at times, yes, but not all the time. He was sexy or deliberately provokative at other times. It's not at odds with each other, it was ALL genuinely him, we all have multiple sides, not just one. Michael too behaved differently in different situations, I am sure. He wasn't always Peter Pan in every situation. Was he Peter Pan in In The Closet? Was he Peter Pan in Dirty Diana on Bad Tour? I could go on because the list is long.

(To be clear, I am talking about comments I have seen on FB.)

^^Dont read the comments on YouTube then. He's either the most heinous criminal of all time OR Saint Michael, the second coming, the purest being that ever lived.

I mourned the curls for years and years.

I agree that some fans tend to think of him as some kind of very one-dimensional person which is sad because some just don't want to allow him to be anything but some one-dimensional Peter Pan figure. He was Peter Pan at times, yes, but not all the time. He was sexy or deliberately provokative at other times. It's not at odds with each other, it was ALL genuinely him, we all have multiple sides, not just one. Michael too behaved differently in different situations, I am sure. He wasn't always Peter Pan in every situation. Was he Peter Pan in In The Closet? Was he Peter Pan in Dirty Diana on Bad Tour? I could go on because the list is long.

(To be clear, I am talking about comments I have seen on FB.)

I think most fans would be aware that Michael loved art and often mentioned Michelangelo in that context. It wouldn't surprise me to find that this portrait might have been based on a nude study or similar by Michelangelo. Here for example is one of the 'ignudi, which are apparently painted above the prophets on the Sistine Chapel ceiling.

It might be interesting to think of pasting this MJ portrait photo on the ceiling.....?

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/p8SIWtRZj][/URL]

I like this quote about the reaction to the Sistine Chapel ceiling. A similar 'frisson ' seems to have been caused by this MJ portrait!
The completed ceiling was unveiled on 31 October 1512.

When the work was thrown open, reported Giorgio Vasari, the whole world came running to see what Michalangelo had done; and certainly it was such to make everyone speechless with astonishment. '

http://cecelia.physics.indiana.edu/life/art/michelangelo.html

Last edited:
That footage proves the photo is real. That face is very clearly his face, no doubt.

His vitiligo is not visible that's just a glass effect.

By this time his whole body was affected. this is full body makeup, dermablend.

I think it is vitiligo on his chest, shadow doesn't fall in such ragged pattern. It also doesn't fit with the direction of the light - it seems from the way his shoulder and legs are lit that the source of light is above and in front of him and is directed towards (pardon) his crotch area. His chest would be lit more or less evenly in this case. "Whole body affected" doesn't mean the pigment loss is total, it means the disease can manifest on any part of the body.

Last edited:
OcJN5cl.png

I like the look on his face. He looks so sweet and vulnerable.

ZfeQTAV.png

What I don't understand is why his thighs look so thick compared to his arms.
If you look at the Yana picture his thighs are about twice as thick as his arms.
But here they are about four times his arms.

His feet also look gigantic.

OcJN5cl.png

I like the look on his face. He looks so sweet and vulnerable.

What I don't understand is why his thighs look so thick compared to his arms.
If you look at the Yana picture his thighs are about twice as thick as his arms.
But here they are about four times his arms.

His feet also look gigantic.

That's probably because of the optical fore-shortening effect of the camera lens...closer items look larger than they should.

^Exactly, the proportions are off because of the angle. Now that I've seen it from both angles it's much clearer to me why the picture looked so strange to a lot of us at first :)

About the vitiligo, I don't think that's what it is. If you zoom in you'll see it's just his curls casting a shadow on his chest, since the light comes from both his left -highlighting his chest- and from above, slightly behind him, casting a long shadow of his face & hair down his body

When I first laid eyes on the photo, I thought, really? How did this come about? Admittedly, I was a bit skeptical.
I hesitated. A few times. Read this thread a few times. Avoided posting.
The scrutiny and close examination of the photo, and the consideration of your posts, came after I
admired the art work of Mr. Gorman. No, I am not surprised that MJ would pose for such a photo.
Whether it's a painting or anything else, the image is definitely Michael, IMO. And apparently many of you feel the same.
But I hate that there even have to be a question about the validity of the photo.
It's revealing in more ways than one. I love that he....went there.

Last edited:
For me, the photo looks kinda like a "painting" if you know what I mean? :p

I hope there are more pictures around from this photoshoot. I'd like to see different angles. Also close ups... hmmm :heat:

Michael indeed was one handsom man!

I do wonder however, how on earth did this photo stay unknown for more than 25 years??? The photographer must have known that such a photo would be worth a real fortune back in the days!

Having said that, can we be sure that this is legitimate?

Some more from Karen:

It is from a photo shoot we did in 1987. I only see what has been posted. Many photographers go in and photoshop imperfections. I can not tell if this was done unless I see the photo in front of me. I actually still have some Polaroids from this shoot stored away. RT @woods_pj: @wingheart that's not even a photo though, it's a painting/airbrush.

I did full body make up on him. RT @bubbleslechango: @wingheart what about his hands? in photos from 1987 his vitilligo stood out on his hands and arms.

I think everyone who is near Greg Gorman's exhibit should go see the photo in person and those of us who can't...enjoy it on the Internet. Michael was a beautiful man, inside and out. Enjoy his gifts. Have a great weekend ?

Lil;4119356 said:
I hope this woman knows just how damn lucky she is.. gosh! :rofl:

BTW, I'm kinda surprised to see so many people, fans included (not on here), label this picture as 'homo-erotic' and 'gay'.. like.. huh? :blink:

Which reminds me of Gorman's own words which were quoted here before. Apparently male nudity is often perceived as "gay" in itself, which is so narrow-minded.

“”I think I was going for an innocence and a vulnerability,” Gorman said. “For me, those are areas that add a tremendous amount of sexuality and sensuality to a male or female nude.”Gorman said he also chose to stay away from “overly muscular, overly masculine guys.”
“I had plenty of kids come to see me who were beautiful and who had great bodies, but they came in with too much confidence,” the photographer said. “I was not looking to photograph people who were going to be exhibitionists.”
Gorman was looking for men with strong eyes and lithe bodies, qualities that he said made the subjects more accessible. A lot of nude photography is interchangeable, he said, with too great an emphasis on physique.
“I’m trying to focus more on the individual and allow you to come into the picture,” he said. “And then the body, hopefully, is just a nice adornment to what you’ve already discovered.”
Some may find the photography too pristine and pretty, but Gorman welcomed the criticism: “Some people are going to love it, some people are going to hate it, some people are going to think it’s not relevant. But the cross-banter is always good.”
Gorman does bristle at the way in which male nude photography is often perceived. Nudes were commonly accepted in antiquity, and the past century has had its share of photographers who have depicted them, from Man Ray and Edward Weston to Robert Mapplethorpe and Herb Ritts.
“Now it’s more in vogue to say, ‘I can’t believe this, it’s gay,’ ” Gorman said. “It’s a wanton amount of labeling. People don’t look at female nudes and say, ‘Oh, these are heterosexual.’ ”

http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/article/Impressive-Bodies-Of-Work-Celebrity-2734669.php

Back