Hadrian’s Wall

Agonum

Moving Violation
Country
Sweden
A fascinating thing, this wall. Do you have any anecdotes to share relating to it?

A fascinating thing, this wall. Do you have any anecdotes to share relating to it?
Wow, that's so random. I've posted a couple of photos of the wall - let me bring them over here for decoration. I have nothing else to contribute bc I've never been there.

Hadrian's Wall, Northumberland, England.

iu

@zinniabooklover Lovely pictures. Wow, the landscape seems almost unreal to me… like from a fairytale.

Unrelated: Are you a particular fan of Zinnia (the genus of flowers)? They’re quite alright for bees, I’ve noticed.

They are gorgeous. :)

Wow, the landscape seems almost unreal to me… like from a fairytale.
That's a good description.

Unrelated: Are you a particular fan of Zinnia (the genus of flowers)? They’re quite alright for bees, I’ve noticed.
No, I just love the name. Although I do like photos of them. The colours are so bright, so out there. They are the punks of the English garden, lol.

Here's one with people in, gives a bit of perspective.

LISTHadriansWallHeader%28mikebishopCC-BY-SA2.0%291.jpg
Is this landscape perchance grazed by sheeps? I notice some kind of animal(?) enclosure on the far side of the wall there, but first and foremost is, the shortness of the vegetation seems to suggest so.

They are gorgeous. :)

That's a good description.

No, I just love the name. Although I do like photos of them. The colours are so bright, so out there. They are the punks of the English garden, lol.
“The punks of the English garden” is a perfect title for my upcoming thesis on plant cultivation.

Is this landscape perchance grazed by sheeps? I notice some kind of animal(?) enclosure on the far side of the wall there, but first and foremost is, the shortness of the vegetation seems to suggest so.
Probably. Most of lowland England is grazed by sheep.

"Each year between Easter and October the Trail runs it's very own popular Passport scheme. By buying this souvenir passport you are showing a commitment to helping maintain Hadrian’s Wall Path and its associated archaeology.

Collecting all seven stamps from the stamping stations along the way entitles you to buy the exclusive purple enamel badge and achievers' certificate.

Collect stamps from - Segedunum Roman Fort (Wallsend), Robin Hood Inn (Whittledene), Chesters Roman Fort (Chollerford), Housesteads Roman Fort, Birdoswald Roman Fort (near Gilsland), Sands Centre (Carlisle), The Banks Promenade (Bowness-on-Solway).

Proceeds from this passport enable the vital maintenance of Hadrian's Wall Path and its archaeology. Thank you !"

Hadrian_sPassportFront_1024x1024.png

Look at that!!
IKR! 😲

I do hope this @HWpath account is an official one. Sometimes tweets disappear (no idea why) but I'm hoping official ones are more likely to stay in place. I like revisiting these photos. They are awesome!

Back