Happy Birthday Michael - We Love You

[video=youtube;APQoWUNDEuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APQoWUNDEuk[/video]

To show his gratitude to Michael for all his efforts to make our world into a better a place to live in for everyone, and being aware that it was Michael who motivated him to start his beautiful “Heal The World Miracle Project”, Happy Diho has been practicing diligently with his children to teach them one of Michael’s beautiful and meaningful songs, “Heal The World”, as a tribute for him on his 57th Birthday...

:hysterical: :crackingup: Yessssssss, Girl! This is one of the benefits of being "old"...growing up with the J5 and witnessing Mike's super mega superstardom in real time.
Isn't that the absolute truth? To watch this little boy that you absolutely adored, get better every time you saw him on a variety show or Soul Train, or a talk show-and just when you thought he couldn't be any greater, explode right in front of your eyes. I'll never forget this-and grateful that I was there.

Isn't that the absolute truth? To watch this little boy that you absolutely adored, get better every time you saw him on a variety show or Soul Train, or a talk show-and just when you thought he couldn't be any greater, explode right in front of your eyes. I'll never forget this-and grateful that I was there.

:cheers: :bow: :hug: Amen, Barbee! My hope is that his legacy will continue to be passed on and loved long after we first fans are gone. It sure looks like it will be, judging by all of these birthday celebrations. :birthday:

Last edited:
Happy birthday, babe. :girl_give_heart::snuggles:

I have been quite depressed in the last couple of weeks (especially with June 25 approaching), it just happened out of the blue... I was listening to Heart playing Human Nature and The Girl is Mine, and suddenly your death hit me like a ton of bricks. Again. I thought I had moved on and come to terms with your death, but then all my feelings from 2009 came rushing back. I remembered how I felt that day... the days that followed, the months, the years... I knew I would never see you again, never see your lovely million watts smile or hear the sound of your voice. Those thought were simply killing me! It's not fair. My feelings were like a roller coaster, switching from anger to deep sadness. I stopped listening to any pop radio channels and stuck with classical music to calm my nerves. Gosh, I sound like such an idiot! Lol.
But then I looked through my pictures and looking at your lovely smile reminded me how grateful I should be. For my life, for my family and friends, for my health, and for having lived in a time when you were on top of the world. I was alive when you were here, walking among us. I watched you live in concert, you have given me so many happy moments, you have shaped me to the person I am now and I am truly grateful.
One of my friends' birthday is also on the 29th, so she and our friends actually surprised ME by having an MJ themed party. :D It was absolutely brilliant! You may be gone but certainly not forgotten (thank you guys for posting all the pics and videos from around the world of ppl celebrating MJ, it makes me so happy). And I will never forget you, my love, you were my first crush after all :D

Happy birthday, Mr Magic. I love you.

2rdb8e9.gif

oghs1y.gif

2dmgr44.gif

I love all the entities that also honored him today-the Grammys, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Apollo, Motown, etc. etc. There were so many!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ha-I find it funny too, but really sweet.-is it because you just weren't born? You missed a lot of fun-watching the Jackson 5 cartoon, watching for them on Variety shows, and buying Alpha Bits to get the punch out 45 off the back. :)

Yeah, silly little logistics like not being born just yet may have had a lil' somethin' to do it :p But for other equally objective reasons I stilllll wasn't aware of the man even when he was lightin' up the floor with his moves and thrilling the world. It was somethin' like........

bjmj.jpg
michaelhoo.jpg

Well, I may have found a thing or two about the man in the meantime..........:cheeky:

:hysterical: :crackingup: Yessssssss, Girl! This is one of the benefits of being "old"...growing up with the J5 and witnessing Mike's super mega superstardom in real time.

I'm sure I've missed out on tons of stuff. You gals were really blessed to groove since the earliest of days :) And stop callin' urself old. Age ain't nothin' but a number, like BabyGirl used to sing.

Oh, and 1 more thing.......................HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL :) Ooooops, it ain't his birthday no mo? Oh, well......as far as I'm concerned every day is his bday :wub2:

:cheers: :bow: :hug: My hope is that his legacy will continue to be passed on and loved long after we first fans are gone. It sure looks like it will be, judging by all of these birthday celebrations. :birthday:
I know-I don't know whether to applaud, laugh, or cry at these birthday tributes around the world-but again, I am so proud and grateful that they're happening and will long after I'm gone.

michaelhoo.jpg

Oh, and 1 more thing.......................HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL :) Oh, well......as far as I'm concerned every day is his bday :wub2:
Aw, Girl-your little anime picture cracked me up-because this is like a cartoon version of what I looked like back when I first saw the Jackson 5 on the Hollywood Palace and later Ed Sullivan-down to the brown eyes, and red hair in pigtails just like this. hahaha:yes:

Recap: DJ Questlove Celebrates Michael Jackson At Grand Park
http://www.examiner.com/article/dj-questlove-celebrates-michael-jackson-at-grand-park-recap?cid=rss

Pop legend, Michael Jackson was born August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indiana. With a reported 1 billion albums sold, Jackson’s fans cover a diverse spectrum of old and young listeners.

August 30, 2015, in Los Angeles’s Grand Park, Kiss-n-Grind organized many of Jackson’s fans to celebrate his birthday with music curated by DJQuestlove. With the park opening at Noon, early birds were able to find seats under shaded trees, as others grabbed food and ice cream from the food trucks available at the park. By 3:15 p.m. the crowd began to hear some scratches from the DJ’s table, and the sweaty and reserved crowd started to move closer to the vibrating speakers.

With low sounds of Jackson’s childhood voice emerging, the crowd began to get more excited, then finally Jackson’s 1972 hit “Got To Be There,” played clearly for the crowd. Moments later the nostalgia continued with “Rockin Robin.” Not all songs played were by Jackson; instead Questlove played a mixture of songs from people close to Jackson as well. The biggest crowd jumper included Jay-Z’s “H to the Izzo,” a song that brought Jackson out to Hot 97’s Summer Jam to support Jay-Z in 2001. Staying on the East Coast, the crowd danced along to Janet Jackson and Q-Tip’s duet “Got ‘Til It’s Gone,” and Puff Daddy’s, “All About The Benjamins.”

The birthday celebration was an all ages event and many toddlers danced in the grass like mini Michael’s, while adults were stationed in the “beer” garden. By 6 p.m. dancers were blessed with a gust of cool air, as “Rock With You,” played throughout the park. Joining the birthday celebration included Jackson’s sister, Rebbie who sung her hit “Centipede,” while attendees recharged themselves with water and popsicles from the wonderful street vendor who passed by the park.

Questlove Gomez retweetete
Austin Brown ‏@AustinBrown 31. Aug.
Oh yeah and this happened today ! @questlove and I plotted and won.! My mom is the coolest in the… https://instagram.com/p/7CFNPTj8fL/

Pics http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/djquestlove-at-grandpark#slide=14

On this day in Michael Jackson History...
2009, September 3rd - 6 years ago
Never Can Say Goodbye!

6 years ago today September 3rd..
Forest Lawn... Holly Terrace....
...Forever Loved & Missed Angel ?#?MichaelJackson?

11949292_10153158705361309_7247549320854299577_n.jpg

Back