His Afro Appreciation Thread

^ :wub: is right! You guys find the best pictures of our beloved MJ. :sad:

OMgoodess! I just realized that this is a picture of MJ
sitting under a picture of himself on the wall. :doh: So cool btw.

tumblr_lsgmpsJDiA1qccevo

Omg he is too adorable in this interview!!! There's another gif out there from this interview of him smiling and looking all shy and it's too much. Heart melting all over the place!
There is. I've posted it a couple of times - it's one of my top faves - but can't remember where, obvs. There's quite a few from this interview. I now feel impelled to do some posting, lol.

iu

iu

I'd forgotten how much I love this part. Plus, any time he makes direct eye contact with the camera ...

OK, need to just stop.

Last edited:
There is. I've posted it a couple of times - it's one of my top faves - but can't remember where, obvs. There's quite a few from this interview. I now feel impelled to do some posting, lol.

iu
Abhhh he is so adorable!! How old is here? 19? 20? Such a baby. So handsome and sweet!

iu

Oh, the cuteness! The politeness!
His politeness will always get me!

iu

I'd forgotten how much I love this part. Plus, any time he makes direct eye contact with the camera ...
It's like he's looking straight at us! 😊

That was lovely but I need to find the 'actual' one!

Yesss!! So you know which one I mean? The one where he's sort of leaning on his fist and does the most adorable smile in the entire world? Ugh. He's too precious.

Sorry I know this is Afro appreciation (and I do appreciate it!) but I barely notice anything but that beautiful smile of his 😍

Abhhh he is so adorable!! How old is here? 19? 20? Such a baby. So handsome and sweet!
Yeah, it's from the 1977 interview that Molly Meldrum did. I'm pretty sure I posted it on the interview thread. Molly interviewed Michael 3 times. 1977, 1987 and 1996. They're all really good but kinda sobering also. You see Michael becoming more guarded over time even with someone like Molly who, as far as I can tell, he liked and trusted.

It's like he's looking straight at us! 😊
Exactly! He does it in the Ebony / Jet interview as well. It's devastating.

Yesss!! So you know which one I mean?
Oh, totally. I posted it at least twice and it crops up quite a lot. It's just so delightful.

The one where he's sort of leaning on his fist and does the most adorable smile in the entire world? Ugh. He's too precious.
It's beyond adorable. I need to find it.

Sorry I know this is Afro appreciation (and I do appreciate it!) but I barely notice anything but that beautiful smile of his 😍
Sounds reasonable. :D

Yeah, it's from the 1977 interview that Molly Meldrum did. I'm pretty sure I posted it on the interview thread. Molly interviewed Michael 3 times. 1977, 1987 and 1996. They're all really good but kinda sobering also. You see Michael becoming more guarded over time even with someone like Molly who, as far as I can tell, he liked and trusted.
Oh yeah, I've seen this interview a few times. I just couldn't remember the exact year. If it was 77 or 78. He's so young! Just a kid really. He's just the sweetest. But yes I agree with you about the guardedness. That's very sad to notice with him because we all know how and why that happened.

Exactly! He does it in the Ebony / Jet interview as well. It's devastating.
Oh god. I know lol. What's crazy is I've seen the Ebony Jet interview so many times that I can identify a spot where he does the same facial expression in that interview as he does in each of these gifs lol. He has so many distinct little smiles. He has a very expressive face.

But yes, his eye contact in the Ebony Jet interview simultaneously sends me to heaven and catapults me to hell. It's too much lol. He's such a baby in this one though that I just smile and want to kiss his cheeks!

Oh, totally. I posted it at least twice and it crops up quite a lot. It's just so delightful.
I thought so! I might even have it on my phone somewhere, come to think of it. I have so many it's hard to remember lol.

It's beyond adorable. I need to find it.
I'll begin my search too!

It's all coming back to me now. When I posted this clip on the interview thread I was struggling to decide which version to post. Quality is variable. Decided to use this one but there must be longer versions out there bc this one doesn't have the bit I'm thinking of. But, anyway, I'm posting this over here bc, why not? :D

iu

I think this one is from Jacksons in Venezuela. This probably belongs in 'Sparkly / Shiny'. Look at that lapel, lol. But I want to place it here as well.

iu

I think this one is from Jacksons in Venezuela. This probably belongs in 'Sparkly / Shiny'. Look at that lapel, lol. But I want to place it here as well.

Awwwww he reminds me SO much of himself as a little boy here. For some reason this particular moment reminds me of him talking to Dick Clark when he was little and he asks him why they don't have any girls in the group and Michael goes "our girls are a little shy, you know" and it's sooo cute!

THIS BELONGS IN HEART MELTERS IMMEDIATELY!

I am no longer anyone of substance! I'm destroyed by his precious self! Isn't it amazing how many different ways this man can kill me? Lol
omg, of course! Heart Melters, yes! Go for it!

I didn't even do it on purpose!! It was Michael trying to communicate this love to me. I am certain of it 😂
Ah. Well. Michael's power, that is a whole other thing.

The man who can make me think that eating 2 hot X buns for lunch is perfectly acceptable as well as being highly nutritious bc spending time making a *proper* lunch isn't happening bc that time is already allocated to endless mad photo posting online.

I did actually do this a while back, lol.

Back