HIStory statues - where were they placed?

In the US: one in Time Square in New York City and one on the Tower Records store on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles

All Tower Records went out of business didn't they? So where would it be now

and omg, I didn't know ALL these existed! I thought only one did for the video.....

how and why were all these made??? And how many in total are there that we know of so far?

The one in Holand was auctioned and the owner of Mcdonalds won it.......he paid 17.000 Euro's for it and met Michael when he was in the Netherlands for his HIStory tour also he got a letter from MJ where he thanked him, the letter is still in the restaurant.

That's pretty cool.

Does anyone know what happened to the one in Berlin?

let's all find out where they all are now, get together and steal them :L

the day after the HIStory Tour kick off in Prague.
dismantled ready to go with the tour...

pragkomplett1oe4.jpg

pragkomplett2ur7.jpg

pragkopf1ie9.jpg

pragkopf2td8.jpg

pragarmfa5.jpg

pragtorsozg8.jpg

pragkopf3qs3.jpg

pragleerstandse2.jpg

i really wanted to take at least the head with me...
but my bag was too small... ;D

If that hideous one in Madrid and the one in the Netherlands at Best are still there, they would be some of the only ones still erected. The statues were never meant to be a permanent structure, they were set up, then dismantled as the tour moved around. I reckon, at a guess there would have been less then 10 statues all up, and they just popped up all around the world as they toured.

I still hope I can visit Best and see it one day. I would love to see one!

The statue used in the vid is not a real statue at all, it is a CG effect, that is why it looks way BIGGER! and better, and more like MJ. That is one of fav vids EVER too.

^^ Me too, for some reason seeing his statue there makes me want to go to Mc donalds :angel:
The statue also has an inscription at the bottom with the date of when it was used here and that it was for the history tour.. Also the money that was gathered for it during that auction was giving to charity (I think the Ronald Mcdonald house ) It says so in the letter that is framed there. I think Michael wrote a thank you or something in that letter aswell but I'm not completly sure, I haven't been there in a while..

this is the one in Best, Holland.
Itook this pic some time last year.

historybeeld.jpg

historybeel.jpg

Last edited:
If that hideous one in Madrid and the one in the Netherlands at Best are still there, they would be some of the only ones still erected.

The painted one is (or was) in Milan. After the promotion, the Madrid one was moved to an amusement park and some time after, dismantled and moved to a Sony warehouse where the pieces fell apart because of the dust and time.

There is one in Holland, at Mcdonalds in Best!;-)

I really have to go to that McDonalds one day . . . . . I remember there was one standing near the Sony (NOT SONY MUSIC) Building in Badhoevedorp (The Netherlands), but that was really ages ago in 1996 I guess.

They are nice statues but there's a small drawback: face doesn't look like Michael's. :lol:

On the cover of the HIStory album it looks like him, but statues look like they had more than just two reparation carvings.

It said the designer looked at Michael's photographs when making them, but I think he was looking at one of the impersonators only.. :lol:

Last edited:
I really have to go to that McDonalds one day . . . . . I remember there was one standing near the Sony (NOT SONY MUSIC) Building in Badhoevedorp (The Netherlands), but that was really ages ago in 1996 I guess.

Is this one definitely still there, is it in Amsterdam or where?

Last edited:
WOOOOW!!! Is this actually in Switzerland right now? Do you know where about exactly?

I don't know I just found it on ebay. According to the auction it's Wangen b. Dübendorf, Switzerland - but maybe they already sold it. Ask the seller ;)

do the ones in berlin and new york still exist? ill be in NY in a month, would be cool to visit the statue..

This is amazing! I had no idea these statues were still there, thinking it was only for the promo. I wish we had one of these here in Sweden....or better...in every city of the world! That would be wonderful, however i would change the look of the statue and make it look more Michael.

Back