Holographic Michael Jackson featured in new South Park episode

Well, that's clever and timely on top of the "Live Peter Pan" this week-I have to admit after reading all of this, I was curious and watched some of the Hulu clips from past years. That baby possessed by Michael's spirit was funny.

But when did Michael say "That's Ignorant"-they have that in all the clips I saw. Is that from the Bashir piece? I've drawn a blank.

But when did Michael say "That's Ignorant"-they have that in all the clips I saw. Is that from the Bashir piece? I've drawn a blank.

Yeah. On the commentary for the 2004 episode, the two creators of South Park mentioned they watched the Bashir doco a few times while they were working on it. Since then it's basically been a staple whenever they've had MJ on the show.

Just watched the episode, it's without question a commentary on the music industry, not even needing the artist to make money and I think in a strange way a back-handed compliment to MJ. Using him as the hologram sort of implies he's from a generation where artistry was important and essential to success, while now that he's dead corporate music can use his likeness to generate headlines and publicity which is worth more than record sales today.

Also the funniest thing is easily the random "hee-hees!" and MJ ad-lib noises that are always present when they parody him, they're actually hilarious because of how unexpected they are at times.

So I just watched Part II and it was actually pretty funny!! Keep in mind, if you haven't watched either of these episodes it probably won't make a lot of sense as I leave out many details since I focus solely on MJ's involvement. If you like South Park's humour though, you should totally go watch it! So focusing on Michael Jackson, he is first seen when 'Lorde' (aka Randy) is at the Police Station, trying to report the Hollywood producers who hologram'd him.

An officer walks in and states they caught a black man sneaking around the old Jefferson house. The Chief then asks the officer if he shot and beat the black man (obvious reference to what's been going on in America). MJ is then brought is struggling and yelling "We have to stop them! HEE-HEE!", to which the surprised Chief goes "Oh my god! He's not BLACK!" (referencing the joke from the Jeffersons episode).
aseSjnL.png

A while later, we are back at the police station. Many of the officers are crowded around a desk, trying to figure out a way to profile him as a black man so they can beat and choke the hell out of him.

Yp1YXE5.png

Meanwhile, Randy talks to Michael Jackson and we find out that Michael Jackson intended to stop the Holiday Special that's going on (which is being run by the record label executives who hologram'd 'Lorde' against 'her' will. They're going to use a bunch of holograms of Elvis and Kurt Cobain etc and for it to make much more sense, just watch the actual two episodes). ANYHOW Randy and Michael agree to help each other stop it. Michael says "We have to reach the children, it's our only hope!" to which Randy replies "Then we'll have to do it together. I love children just as much as you do". "ALLEGEDLY!" Michael screams, "THAT WAS A CIVIL SUIT AND THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE!!"

5u1NBPd.png

Some time later, we go back to the Police Station and the Police are starting to agree on how they should profile MJ. Down at the reception, a Terminator-esque theme plays as Holographic Tupac marches in and ignores the receptionist, proceeding up to the main office.

3mRhbMd.png

7R9Zcs4.png

"SIR! A black guy just walked into the police station!". The chief chuckles and edges him on, interpreting it as a joke. This carries on for a bit until Holographic Tupac suddenly walks up into the main office, to which the cops immediately open fire on him (and one even tries to choke him). Upon seeing him, Michael freaks out and tells Randy to run as they climb out a window and escape through the stairwell.

zmLZ5e4.png

Lo6g7F4.png

gyLyzoU.png

We later see Randy, Sharon (his wife) and Michael run into their home. They check on the TV to see if the holiday special had started yet, which thankfully it hasn't. They decide to need to spread the word about the Holiday Special, so they agree to try and start a trend via Twitter. Next time we see MJ, he's on Twitter (haha) trying to spread the word as Randy gets a call from the Record Executive, (who hologram'd him earlier), saying he has his son and that he better co-operate.

LJjo2Ru.png

kat90Xz.png

Randy runs down the stairs - only the open the door to Tupac!! He rushes back upstairs as the Police surround the house (cue more jokes about the American police being racist etc etc).
l71EKLR.png

g7xHoV1.png

A while later one of the cops announces to the rest of the Police that Tupac said he wasn't going to shoot him ("I ain't gonna kill you man, you're the King of Pop. Let's go cap that whitey producer"). Eventually, we see Michael Jackson sneak up from behind and cap the record executive who's responsible for starting all the holograms :p
CGP2Xzw.png

Iv1ba7g.png

Rvjf7Vl.png

You can often see 'people' tweeting throughout the program, many of the usernames are MJ references too! I saw one called thillern1ght and another one mentioning Billie Jean. I just love how absurd South Park gradually gets throughout it's episodes. It's just silly and great :hysterical:

Last edited:
Good to know that Michael was portrayed as one of the good guys in that last South Park episode

^Thanks HIStoric, I just watched the episodes.

They weren't that bad indeed, I also wish they left the allegations out of the map but the episodes are more benevolent towards Michael than the 2009 one. I liked how they depicted the state of the "culture of entertainment" nowadays and the racism of the police towards black people.

Good to know that Michael was portrayed as one of the good guys in that last South Park episode

Yeah it wasn't bad. I like South Park but I thought the episodes were thrown together. Too much packed into the story line. I kinda wish I knew what the creators actually believe about Michael.

I never seen it and for it all I never was a big fan of "South Park" to begin with, I mean twice they poked fun at Michael for this nose and even while in death. Does this episode really make fun at Michael in hologram or is the episode really postive and respectful to him? Because I knew these 2 creators were being disrespectful to him which makes me hated them and the show all together.

I never seen it and for it all I never was a big fan of "South Park" to begin with, I mean twice they poked fun at Michael for this nose and even while in death. Does this episode really make fun at Michael in hologram or is the episode really postive and respectful to him? Because I knew these 2 creators were being disrespectful to him which makes me hated them and the show all together.

South Park is not for sensitive people. They are disrespectful to everyone - celebrities and non-celebrities alike (eg. groups). I did not like everything they said about MJ but that's SP for you and I thought they were a lot more cruel to some other celebs. Just watch the episode about Bono where they portray him as a piece of crap - literally! I do not think Michael himself would have liked this kind of humour about himself but that's SP for you and I thought that many other celebs got it worse than MJ.

Having said that while we wonder about what the SP creators think about the allegations there were some other aspects of the Jeffersons episode which were not that nice - the inevitable jokes about MJ's face/nose, but that's almost "obligatory" in any comedy about MJ (unfortunately). But what most bothers me about that episode is that they portrayed MJ as a bad, selfish father who, while trying to re-live his childhood, did not have any consideration for the needs of his own child (Blanket was in that episode, MJ's two other kids weren't portrayed). We know that's a lot of BS and I think after 2009 the whole world realized that too, but at the time when the episode was made people did not know anything about how MJ raised his children and the media were up in arms about the masks and made stupid assumptions about MJ's parental skills based on those masks. That's what the episode reflects to. What I thought was positive was them implying that MJ might have been framed regarding the allegations. Consider that the episode was made at the hight of the Arvizo case so SP implying he was framed was actually more pro-MJ than most of the media and comedists at the time were. So IMO SP about MJ - it's a mixed bag. While about other celebs it's often not even a mixed bag but downright negative and degrading. I guess that's why we tend to feel maybe deep down they have some kind of sympathy to MJ - in their own way.

Here's a moment from The Jefferson's episode that I find amusing.

Yates: Hello, this is Sergeant Yates over at the Park County Police Department in Colorado.
Snetzl: Yes, sergeant. What can I do for you?
Yates: Well, we've been trying to frame this guy who just moved into our town, and the fil-o-fax says he moved from your area. One Martin Jefferson?
Snetzl: Hm. No, we never had a any rich African-Americans named Jefferson here. If we had, we would have framed him ourselves.
Yates: Well, he doesn't really look that black.
Snetzl: Yeah, I don't, uh... Hold on a second. There was one we framed a couple of times, but the black bastard was so rich he made bail and disappeared before the trial.
Yates: You say he disappeared? What did you frame him for?
Snetzl: We, uhhh, found some kids that had stayed over at his place, and we asked them to lie and make up some false molestation charges.
Yates: Molestation, nice.
Snetzl: Yeah, it was a lot of work. Took years, but we were finally able to arrest him. Then we planted some evidence, took embarassing photos of his penis, and threw him in a dirty prison cell with doodie feces on the walls. You should have seen him squirm!
Yates: That's damn fine police work, sergeant. Damn fine.

As far as I know, South Park has been the only show who has made fun of Sneddon and the prosecution

Last edited:

Yates: Hello, this is Sergeant Yates over at the Park County Police Department in Colorado.
Yates: Well, we've been trying to frame this guy who just moved into our town, and the fil-o-fax says he moved from your area. One Martin Jefferson?
Snetzl: Hm. No, we never had a any rich African-Americans named Jefferson here. If we had, we would have framed him ourselves.
Snetzl: Yeah, I don't, uh... Hold on a second. There was one we framed a couple of times, but the black bastard was so rich he made bail and disappeared before the trial.
Snetzl: We, uhhh, found some kids that had stayed over at his place, and we asked them to lie and make up some false molestation charges.
Snetzl: Yeah, it was a lot of work. Took years, but we were finally able to arrest him. Then we planted some evidence, took embarassing photos of his penis, and threw him in a dirty prison cell with doodie feces on the walls. You should have seen him squirm!

As far as I know, South Park has been the only show who has made fun of Sneddon and the prosecution

Yeah, and it's actually a pretty accurate portrayal of Sneddon and what he's done. LOL.

The Michael hologram was not to bad it was okay. I agree also the part where all the police cars pull up to the house yeah that remind me of Neverland too.

Thanks HIStoric for put the link up.

Last edited:
I've watched South Park with my husband on occasion...and while I find some things funny, like Cartman, my husband absolutely loves the non politically correct, demeaning, off color comedy. We've both groaned out of sheer disgust sometimes at some episodes. So, I tend to think SP has a negative slant toward anything related to Michael. Gotta give 'em props for the highly accurate Tom 'cold man' Sneddon prosecution stuff, though. :laugh:

Hah, would have never expected that from South Park.

I think, considering the track record of SP, they really held back on how much they could have made fun of MJ and that, along with alot of other things indicates to me that they might at the very least not be fully on board with the allegations. I have heard much worse from people trying to parody Michael. The fact that these guys always seem to try to emphasize the fact of african americans being framed in this country when joking about MJ seems to show, to me, an understanding of the facts of the case, which I approve of, especially when other "parodies" seem to just hinge on the fact that he looked weird/was guilty without commenting on anything actually relevent to the case.

Back